PDA

View Full Version : Is henderson really this awful?

preachermatt83
03-29-2018, 09:29 PM
I mean is he tryin to sabatage the season or is he really this awful. I mean everyone in the country knew Pilk was out of gas and should have been pulled much earlier. And Alexander batting 2nd? And liebelt pitching?? The list goes on and on.

Todd4State
03-29-2018, 09:36 PM
There's a reason why he went from head coach to pitching coach.

So, I guess that's a yes?

KOdawg1
03-29-2018, 09:37 PM
His decisions are head scratching, but I don't think it really matters. We are that bad. A JUCO team could hit better than these pansies.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 09:38 PM
To answer in short: YES.

Quaoarsking
03-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Cohen built him a functional program at Kentucky and he ran it into the ground, so yeah, probably so.

confucius say
03-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Yes

preachermatt83
03-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Geez. It's just like he doesn't have a clue at times

I seen it dawg
03-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Good pitching coach. ****ing atrocious head coach.

Skydawg1
03-29-2018, 10:29 PM
I mean is he tryin to sabatage the season or is he really this awful. I mean everyone in the country knew Pilk was out of gas and should have been pulled much earlier. And Alexander batting 2nd? And liebelt pitching?? The list goes on and on.he doesn't care, he's just doing John Cohen a huge freaking favor. Look no further into this wasteoid season. This shit is OVER. We're 13-13, with the remainder of this series, Ole Miss, Auburn, thenArkansas. TOAST.

preachermatt83
03-29-2018, 10:35 PM
he doesn't care, he's just doing John Cohen a huge freaking favor. Look no further into this wasteoid season. This shit is OVER. We're 13-13, with the remainder of this series, Ole Miss, Auburn, thenArkansas. TOAST.

Seems more like a disservice than a favor.

Skydawg1
03-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Seems more like a disservice than a favor.At the very least I'm sure he was told just to sound reasonable for the post game Jim Ellis interview.

Todd4State
03-29-2018, 11:08 PM
he doesn't care, he's just doing John Cohen a huge freaking favor. Look no further into this wasteoid season. This shit is OVER. We're 13-13, with the remainder of this series, Ole Miss, Auburn, thenArkansas. TOAST.

Well, Cohen did him a huge favor by giving him a job a couple of years ago too.

Pit Bull
03-29-2018, 11:12 PM
I mean is he tryin to sabatage the season or is he really this awful. I mean everyone in the country knew Pilk was out of gas and should have been pulled much earlier. And Alexander batting 2nd? And liebelt pitching?? The list goes on and on.

I don't think so. I said last year that our batting lineup would be sorely lacking any power production. And I went on to say we would have to be a "punch and judy" team trying to scratch out a few runs and our pitching staff performing like the 2014 UCLA Bruins. Many were critical of my observation. As it turns out....we're not even a good small ball team and the pitching is nowhere near UCLA's Championship staff. And here we are. Canny would have the same record that Henderson has......the overall talent is just NOT THERE. You have to have significant power production to be successful in the SEC. We simply don't have it. Henderson is trying many combinations.....none of them work when the talent isn't there. To be honest.....we look like a team of maroon smurfs compared to other SEC teams.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2018, 05:47 PM

I am not trying to infer that Henderson is the perfect coach for our baseball program, but why would he be trying to sabotage our baseball season? That makes no sense at all. Henderson was happy being our pitching coach. He didn't have a crystal ball to see the upcoming Cann fiasco. That is a lot of pressure trying to be the pitching coach and the head coach. I don't think Henderson actually wanted to get back in that role again, as a head coach right now, but I think he he did it to help Cohen out until he finds a head coach. When something happens like the Cann thing, it can affect the players, and the whole program. Henderson can't hit for the hitters, nor can he pitch for the pitchers. If you think he is trying to sabotage our program then I guess you know.