PDA

View Full Version : While we're bitching about the MSU PR department

Todd4State
03-28-2018, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see Relentless brought back for football at least. I enjoyed it.

I think a BIG reason why it didn't work was because they didn't promote it enough. It's embarrassing to me to see what Ole Miss has for football and what even USM has and all we have is a 2 minute highlight.

Dawgcap
03-28-2018, 11:52 PM
I agree! Show the work and the effort of our players. Why not let our fans see the work they are putting in. Time to show our teams bleed Maroon.

Todd4State
03-29-2018, 12:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=513B0QGwnDA

And for reference- this is what USM does. I'd like to see MSU do this with Neil Price's calls. Something like this should be bare minimum.

I'd like to see the schedule be something like:

Late Sunday/Monday- Highlight reel like the USM one above.
Tuesday- Highlight reel with music like they have been doing. I'm not really into those as much but I know a lot of fans like them and I do watch them anyway.
Weds- Relentless. 20-35 minute show typically. I'd like to see Matt Wyatt do a short 3-5 minute chalk talk segment on a key play during the game and maybe Bob Carskadon do one of his interviews with a player or coach where we get to know them better. Wyatt could also do like an extended chalk talk segment if he felt so led on a separate video on his own channel too. Kind of like a bonus clip esstentially.
Thurs- Hype video for the upcoming game. If it's a SEC team or someone that we have historically played a lot like USM, Memphis, or Tulane- some highlights from MSU games in the past incorporated in the video.

Todd4State
03-29-2018, 12:04 AM
I agree! Show the work and the effort of our players. Why not let our fans see the work they are putting in. Time to show our teams bleed Maroon.

Exactly! I enjoy watching our coaches and players in action and things like Relentless make me appreciate what they do even more. And I'm pretty sure the players enjoy it too.

Jack Lambert
03-29-2018, 08:46 AM

And for reference- this is what USM does. I'd like to see MSU do this with Neil Price's calls. Something like this should be bare minimum.

Tuesday- Highlight reel with music like they have been doing. I'm not really into those as much but I know a lot of fans like them and I do watch them anyway.
Weds- Relentless. 20-35 minute show typically. I'd like to see Matt Wyatt do a short 3-5 minute chalk talk segment on a key play during the game and maybe Bob Carskadon do one of his interviews with a player or coach where we get to know them better. Wyatt could also do like an extended chalk talk segment if he felt so led on a separate video on his own channel too. Kind of like a bonus clip esstentially.
Thurs- Hype video for the upcoming game. If it's a SEC team or someone that we have historically played a lot like USM, Memphis, or Tulane- some highlights from MSU games in the past incorporated in the video.

There's probably more State fans to watch that video then Southern fans that watched the game.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2018, 08:53 AM

I wonder how many people MSU has to do all the editing and creating videos? What I have seen has been great.

louisvilledawg
03-29-2018, 09:03 AM

I like this. However, I'm tired of seeing the alabama game highlights of when we won 6-3 and caused the qb to fumble on the option. It's like the only highlight of bama we show (could be our only highlight against bama tbh so if that's the case, carry on.)

Todd4State
03-29-2018, 09:23 AM
I wonder how many people MSU has to do all the editing and creating videos? What I have seen has been great.

I agree that they do a great job. That's part of why I want more.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-29-2018, 10:46 AM
We can't have good stuff! We sold our trailers to go to Omaha.

sleepy dawg
03-29-2018, 10:47 AM
I'd like to see Relentless brought back for football at least. I enjoyed it.

I think a BIG reason why it didn't work was because they didn't promote it enough. It's embarrassing to me to see what Ole Miss has for football and what even USM has and all we have is a 2 minute highlight.

I never watched it past the 1st one. I've watched pretty much every 2 minute hype video we've ever released though.