PDA

View Full Version : McDonald AA game

msstate7
03-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Perry in starting 5. Listed as going to duke haha

Has 2 pts 1 reb 1 TO so far

msstate7
03-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Vandy has 1 AA in this game with another one injured. Announcers saying vandy could potentially land 2 more in this game

TStationDawg
03-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Vandy has 1 AA in this game with another one injured. Announcers saying vandy could potentially land 2 more in this game

of course they will. They have a "Drew" for a coach. No coincidence between the "Drew" brothers rise. They know how to play the game.

msbulldog
03-28-2018, 06:14 PM
what's Perry's #?

msstate7
03-28-2018, 06:15 PM
what's Perry's #?

8 in white

Bulldog1
03-28-2018, 06:17 PM

That is crazy. The one guy is out with a torn acl

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 06:18 PM
8 in white

I watched a few minutes and never could see what number he is. Might not even be in the game any more. Looks like they're all auditioning with a lot of flair.

Doggie_Style
03-28-2018, 06:18 PM
8 in white

#2 in white

Doggie_Style
03-28-2018, 06:21 PM
He’s not in now, not much D....I guess that’s understandable

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 06:21 PM

They’re not getting Montgomery and Langford looks like he will go to IU. Two McD AA is impressive though.

msstate7
03-28-2018, 06:23 PM
#2 in white

You right. My short attention span got me... he checked out and I forgot lol

msstate7
03-28-2018, 06:24 PM
I watched a few minutes and never could see what number he is. Might not even be in the game any more. Looks like they're all auditioning with a lot of flair.

It is 2 in white. Apologies

ShotgunDawg
03-28-2018, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZaXjpXUMAE3rs9.jpg

msbulldog
03-28-2018, 06:28 PM
8 in white

Thx*

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Yeah ESPN really just doesn’t give a shit anymore.

HaggardDawg
03-28-2018, 06:37 PM
If this is the elite product coming out of high school, no wonder college basketball sucks right now. These guys are terrible.

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 06:46 PM
If this is the elite product coming out of high school, no wonder college basketball sucks right now. These guys are terrible.

Lol you’re an idiot.

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 06:46 PM

I was getting ready for one of these gems in this thread.

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 06:53 PM
It is 2 in white. Apologies

No problem. I just turned back over and the game's either over or at the half. I'll check back in a few.

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Yeah ESPN really just doesn’t give a shit anymore.

Must be the OM influence.

ShotgunDawg
03-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Is the amount of Duke pumping they do good for college basketball?

Seems ridiculous

Dawg61
03-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Admittedly I haven't watched but y'all still think Perry is starting over senior Holman and senior Stapleton??

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 07:21 PM
Admittedly I haven't watched but y'all still think Perry is starting over senior Holman and senior Stapleton??

Yes.

Ari Gold
03-28-2018, 07:23 PM
And does our PR deptartment even attempt to call them out on anything ?. My guess is NO..
Our PR athletic dept is as country club as CDMs crew.

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 07:28 PM
If he's #2, I just saw him standing on the sideline. Doesn't look like he weighs 250.

SmokeyDawg
03-28-2018, 07:47 PM
If he's #2, I just saw him standing on the sideline. Doesn't look like he weighs 250.

Doesn’t look like he’s 250 but maybe so at 6’9. He’s got a better frame than all the others I have seen so far and fills it nicely. Saw him hit a 3 that’s all I have seen though

Doggie_Style
03-28-2018, 07:48 PM

Based solely on his performance tonight definitely not....didn?t look good but hey it?s a weird game

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Based solely on his performance tonight definitely not....didn?t look good but hey it?s a weird game

Lol. He got 15 and 7 but he didn’t look good...hit 2 25-26 foot three point shots but didn’t look good. And yes he’s 245....yes he will start next year.

Doggie_Style
03-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Lol. He got 15 and 7 but he didn?t look good...hit 2 25-26 foot three point shots but didn?t look good. And yes he?s 245....yes he will start next year.

15 yes but there were liike 240 points scored....he didn?t play with much energy and nobody including him was willing to play D....it was just a scrimmage and Perry didn?t stand out ...put zero weight on this game...he will have his work cut out to beat Holman for a starting spot

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2018, 08:36 PM
He will start at the 4 next year

Ari Gold
03-28-2018, 08:39 PM
It’s an all star game..
don’t worry about Perry , if he buys in to CBH start or no start he will get plenty of minutes....

Doggie_Style
03-28-2018, 08:41 PM

....or else he transfers to Kansas***

whosyourdawgy
03-28-2018, 08:45 PM
@CoachHines28
2018 @McDAAG Standouts ‼️🏀

Nassir Little (MVP)
Nazreon Reid
RJ Barrett
Romeo Langford
Jordan Brown
Darius Garland
Reggie Perry

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 08:48 PM
15 yes but there were liike 240 points scored....he didn?t play with much energy and nobody including him was willing to play D....it was just a scrimmage and Perry didn?t stand out ...put zero weight on this game...he will have his work cut out to beat Holman for a starting spot

Out of 24 players, he was the fifth highest scorer. He showed his range, went 6-11 from the field, went 2-3 from three, was close to double digit rebounds and did it all in 20 minutes. What more did you want from him?

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/979165579738275840?s=21

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 08:49 PM

Agreed.

whosyourdawgy
03-28-2018, 08:50 PM
@KyleSchass

Watch out for Mississippi State next year with Reggie Perry.

This is a Duke guy on Twitter.

MarketingBully
03-28-2018, 08:54 PM
@KyleSchass

Watch out for Mississippi State next year with Reggie Perry.

This is a Duke guy on Twitter.

He’s a bad ass.

confucius say
03-28-2018, 09:04 PM
And does our PR deptartment even attempt to call them out on anything ?. My guess is NO..

Truth. At least make a joke out of it and troll espn.

Jarius
03-28-2018, 09:05 PM

Our PR department is too busy bitching about the free airplane ride being delayed. Gregg Ellis bitches about things that anyone on this board would love to do for free. Someone needs to take his twitter away. He embarrasses himself at least once a week.

Pit Bull
03-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Perry in starting 5. Listed as going to duke haha

Has 2 pts 1 reb 1 TO so far

Maybe Rodney Hood got to him.

Pit Bull
03-28-2018, 11:10 PM
That is crazy. The one guy is out with a torn acl

Yeah....Vandy is supposed to have three 5 Star players coming in to their program next year. Read about a good while ago.

Dawg61
03-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Hope Perry does start and I hope Stapleton and Holman are cool with coming off the bench. If those 3 players accept their roles with zero drama and everyone else comes back we'll be a top 5 SEC team maybe top 3.

99jc
03-29-2018, 06:02 AM
With Reggie perry we will have 6 NBA players on this team.

Madisonmd
03-29-2018, 06:24 AM
We do not have 6 NBA players on this team! Perry, maybe, we will see. The rest might get shots over seas.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:27 AM
We do not have 6 NBA players on this team! Perry, maybe, we will see. The rest might get shots over seas.

You missed 99jc poking fun. There was a thread earlier this season that predicted half our team to be Nba players lol

Bully13
03-29-2018, 07:24 AM
I don't for 1 minute believe ESPN just "made a mistake" with the Perry / Duke listing. I'm convinced it was intentional. whose that ole miss 17 up there? what's his position / title? how long has he been with ESPN? this shit has become expected these days with them doing this to us. and it seems it has gotten worse over the last 2 years or so.

check out their 2018 list of basketball signees:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

louisvilledawg
03-29-2018, 07:45 AM

Didn't know Shotgundawg had another account.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 09:45 AM
You missed 99jc poking fun. There was a thread earlier this season that predicted half our team to be Nba players lol

I said that Lamar Peters, Nick W, and Abdul Ado are all NBA caliber players. You add Reggie Perry to that and that is four NBA caliber players. I also said if we added DJ Jeffries that would be five. We aren’t getting Jeffries so that means we will have four NBA caliber players on our team next year. Peters turned heads at the Adidas tournament this summer and was getting buzz as a lottery pick. I think he ends up going in the first round with a great season next year. I also think the same of Nick W. Reggie Perry? If he makes the impact I think he will, I believe he could be a one and done but he definitely will be a first round pick in the 2020 draft. Ado has the measurables that scouts love on the next level. If he continues to improve, I think he will be a first round talent as well. So next year I think we will have four future NBA players on our team.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Of course I don’t know why I bother discussing such things with MSU fans since most of you guys know nothing about basketball.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 09:48 AM

Lol, this is just priceless.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 09:54 AM
I said that Lamar Peters, Nick W, and Abdul Ado are all NBA caliber players. You add Reggie Perry to that and that is four NBA caliber players. I also said if we added DJ Jeffries that would be five. We aren’t getting Jeffries so that means we will have four NBA caliber players on our team next year. Peters turned heads at the Adidas tournament this summer and was getting buzz as a lottery pick. I think he ends up going in the first round with a great season next year. I also think the same of Nick W. Reggie Perry? If he makes the impact I think he will, I believe he could be a one and done but he definitely will be a first round pick in the 2020 draft. Ado has the measurables that scouts love on the next level. If he continues to improve, I think he will be a first round talent as well. So next year I think we will have four future NBA players on our team.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Of course I don’t know why I bother discussing such things with MSU fans since most of you guys know nothing about basketball.

Hope they all make it. Quick quiz... how many state players have been drafted in the 1st round all time? The answer is 7. I am not sure you realize just how tough it is to make the Nba

smootness
03-29-2018, 09:57 AM
Hope they all make it. Quick quiz... how many state players have been drafted in the 1st round all time? The answer is 7. I am not sure you realize just how tough it is to make the Nba

To be fair, that is an unbiased 3rd party projecting 2 of our current players to be 1st round picks next year. And it even has Q listed as a late 2nd round pick. Being a 1st round pick is not required to make the NBA.

And we've never really recruited consistently like we are now. Why would it be that crazy to think that at the very least, top-50 recruits could become NBA players? I think it's pretty likely we at least have 3 players on next year's team who end up playing in the NBA. Likely a couple more than that.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 10:03 AM
To be fair, that is an unbiased 3rd party projecting 2 of our current players to be 1st round picks next year. And it even has Q listed as a late 2nd round pick. Being a 1st round pick is not required to make the NBA.

And we've never really recruited consistently like we are now. Why would it be that crazy to think that at the very least, top-50 recruits could become NBA players? I think it's pretty likely we at least have 3 players on next year's team who end up playing in the NBA. Likely a couple more than that.

Nick is a top 30 player. Reggie Perry is a top 20 player. Lamar Peters has already impressed scouts and is on their radar. He’s a consistent year away from being drafted in the first round. I list Ado just because he has the measurables scouts look for. You can’t teach a 7’5” wingspan. Next year’s team will have more talent on it then the 96 Final Four team.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 10:08 AM

And Howland has coached and taught three times as many NBA players as we have had in our history. He has 24 players currently in the NBA with contracts worth over $900 million. Do you think NBA scouts give a shit that he is coaching at MSU or do they respect Howland and his ability to get kids ready to go to the NBA? Westbrook and Mbah a Moute were lightly recruited three stars not even in the top 200.

Dawg61
03-29-2018, 10:10 AM
I don't for 1 minute believe ESPN just "made a mistake" with the Perry / Duke listing. I'm convinced it was intentional. whose that ole miss 17 up there? what's his position / title? how long has he been with ESPN? this shit has become expected these days with them doing this to us. and it seems it has gotten worse over the last 2 years or so.

We have zero majors that put State grads into these jobs. Nobody at MSU is smart enough to realize we need to create these majors and start putting massive amounts of MSU grads into these fields/jobs for the problem to go away.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 10:13 AM
We have zero majors that put State grads into these jobs. Nobody at MSU is smart enough to realize we need to create these majors and start putting massive amounts of MSU grads into these fields/jobs for the problem to go away.

I think ESPN layoffs are also an issue. That looked more like an oversight not caught by an editor or copywriter then an actual slight.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 10:13 AM

I am not sure you can count 2nd rounders bc they rarely make the roster. Last year, 19 of the 30 first round picks were freshmen or foreign. Once you play past your freshman year, the odds of making to the nba go down even farther

ETA... now if you talking just getting drafted, you guys could be right. If playing in the nba is what is predicted, I do not think we have 5 players

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 10:38 AM
I am not sure you can count 2nd rounders bc they rarely make the roster. Last year, 19 of the 30 first round picks were freshmen or foreign. Once you play past your freshman year, the odds of making to the nba go down even farther

ETA... now if you talking just getting drafted, you guys could be right. If playing in the nba is what is predicted, I do not think we have 5 players

I said if we got DJ Jeffries it would be at five. At this point though, I feel good about four making it.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 10:42 AM
With Reggie perry we will have 6 NBA players on this team.

Mock me all you want but you will be the one looking like a jackass idiot.

TimberBeast
03-29-2018, 10:56 AM
I think ESPN layoffs are also an issue. That looked more like an oversight not caught by an editor or copywriter then an actual slight.

Feels like I read this excuse twice a week on here now. When does it stop becoming a terrible excuse?

dawg93
03-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Malik late second round 2019 mock draft, just barely ahead of Q and way behind Nick/Lamar. Interesting.

biggun
03-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Malik late second round 2019 mock draft, just barely ahead of Q and way behind Nick/Lamar. Interesting.

Q will not be drafted, too many holes in his game. Love him but NBA, not happening.

MarketingBully
03-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Q will not be drafted, too many holes in his game. Love him but NBA, not happening.

I could see him being drafted in the low end of the second round if he has a great year next year and we make a nice tourney run. The NBAdraft.net site knows what they are talking about. I’ll trust their judgement over an MSU fan that’s first sport isn’t basketball.

dawg93
03-29-2018, 03:24 PM
Also shows Malik's problem as an NBA prospect. Can't create for others and isn't that great at creating for himself. Someone like Lamar or even Nick (whose strongest attribute is his defense) is a much better pro prospect. Malik cannot play the 1 at that level (or college either) on either end of the floor. Lamar's handles and vision are so far above Malik, it's not even comparable.

Pit Bull
03-29-2018, 03:27 PM

You may be right....years ago I was told ESPN had one OM grad in the higher up admin for them and another one in a mid level job. So it may not be just a "mistake". They will go out of their way to make on air mistakes of our name, mascot, or something else. Shep Smith does it all the time for Fox.....and why they pay him 8 mil per year is beyond me.....he is worthless and their little liberal along with Dana Perino. When those 2 come on back to back....I just switch to CNN or something else.

1bigdawg
03-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Again, ESPB's head of college sports got his masters at Ole Miss and loves the place. His sister is a friend of mine.

Perpetual Underachiever
03-29-2018, 07:40 PM

^^^ This ^^^ No excuse for us allowing this to continually happen as a member of the SEC. Someone should be in constant communication with ESPN about these issues, and proactively updating stats, images, logos, etc.