PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the NFL is instituting a targeting rule much like the NCAA

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Hope this link works and it's not just for WOW customers: http://wowway.net/news/read/article/sporting_news-new_nfl_rule_bans_plays_on_which_player_lowers_hea-rspnews/category/sports

Ari Gold
03-27-2018, 10:54 PM
The nfl is about to become flag football ..
Vegas is be laying totals in the 50s and 60s on a regular basis...

PassInterference
03-28-2018, 05:31 AM
They already have worse than a targeting rule (without the ejection). You can?t even hit a guy hard, even away from the head, in the NFL... unless it?s a running play. WRs and QBs are all defenseless.

TXDawg
03-28-2018, 08:24 AM
Interesting wording in that it applies to any player anywhere on the field. Will be interesting to see the first time the call a RB for lowering his head to truck someone. I've always had issues with the double standard that a RB can use his head/helmet to initiate contact against a defender, but a defender couldn't do it to tackle a ball carrier. Also hate that a RB can stiff arm to a defender's face mask.

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Interesting wording in that it applies to any player anywhere on the field. Will be interesting to see the first time the call a RB for lowering his head to truck someone. I've always had issues with the double standard that a RB can use his head/helmet to initiate contact against a defender, but a defender couldn't do it to tackle a ball carrier. Also hate that a RB can stiff arm to a defender's face mask.

Yeah, that just never seemed right.

Imagining myself to be a running back (which is an infinite stretch), I can't see myself running the ball without lowering my head, especially when about to be hit. It's just a natural self-preservation move.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 01:20 PM
The only NFL football I sat down and watched last year was the playoffs. Compare that to a few years back where I sat down at 12 and watched it till 10 that night.

The NFL has already started its decline. They do not give a shit about the fans or the players, they've gotten too cocky and they are paying for it.

Its a bad product compared to college and high school ball

RocketDawg
03-28-2018, 04:25 PM
The only NFL football I sat down and watched last year was the playoffs. Compare that to a few years back where I sat down at 12 and watched it till 10 that night.

The NFL has already started its decline. They do not give a shit about the fans or the players, they've gotten too cocky and they are paying for it.

Its a bad product compared to college and high school ball

I watched the Cowboys whenever they were on local stations (this is Falcons/Titans territory), but that was because of Dak. Otherwise, I really have little interest.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 09:47 PM
I watched the Cowboys whenever they were on local stations (this is Falcons/Titans territory), but that was because of Dak. Otherwise, I really have little interest.

Thats true. I try to watch Dak when he is on national TV

DudyDawg
03-29-2018, 04:07 AM
Did you really just say that the NFL is a bad product compared to high school and college??? Good lord

Bully13
03-29-2018, 07:32 AM
the thing that ticks me off is when I see a defender going for the guy with the ball and he's angling in lower than the head area and then right at the last moment the ball carry lowers HIS helmet that causes the head to head contact and the defender gets flagged. there has to be intent. there's one specific play that went against us last year that pertains to my opinion on this but I can't remember which game or player that got the penalty.