PDA

View Full Version : Practice report

Ari Gold
03-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Still no big hitting and tackling.. here is some gold nuggets

-Guidry( yellow jersey) but is as advertised. Best looking WR we have had in a while
-Whop is good and going to be very good . Played outside with the ones a lot as well
-Todd and Jackson both looked good
-Hill is better than Aries and we know how good Aries is
- DL is sick good and deep .. Adams and Kobe are running with the 3s that’s how deep we are
- Fits looked sharp and moving around much better than I thought he would
- Secondary is going to be lot better than most think. Murphy didn?t look like a kid that should still be in HS and Cole is going to be a player for us.

We pass the eye test..

And got this from a high school coach. Coach Getsy is for real.

A few recruits were there. This coaching staff along with the recruiters and coaches from last years team get it..
There are going to be some surprised people come early signing day and feb.

IMissJack
03-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Remind me, who is Whop?

Bulldog1
03-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Adams and Kobe are running with the 3s that’s how deep we are .

This speaks volumes to me.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 08:31 PM
WOOLY!

A lot of encouraging things for sure. I figured Fitz would be fine of course we will see. It sounds like we are going to split time with Hill and Aeris- which wouldn't have happened with Dan still around. September can't get here soon enough.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Remind me, who is Whop?

Davonta Jason. Under Dan we would be hearing about how he and Guidry need to learn the offense and how they need to work on their blocking.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Guidry was known for his speed- but hearing we are really happy with his hands

Pit Bull
03-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Can't wait to see Heath. We're gonna be deep at WR.....now we just need to get them the ball. Hope Fitz can improve his passing. He improved a little last year, but not enough to get us wins in the big games. Haven't really seen Keyteon come out slinging it yet. He ran mostly against Ole Miss and Louisville.....and certainly proved he can run. Now I want to see him drop back and throw it often. He should only have to run in scramble situations.....we have 2 good backs to hand the ball to. Don't need any QBs getting hurt.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Can't wait to see Heath. We're gonna be deep at WR.....now we just need to get them the ball. Hope Fitz can improve his passing. He improved a little last year, but not enough to get us wins in the big games. Haven't really seen Keyteon come out slinging it yet. He ran mostly against Ole Miss and Louisville.....and certainly proved he can run. Now I want to see him drop back and throw it often. He should only have to run in scramble situations.....we have 2 good backs to hand the ball to. Don't need any QBs getting hurt.

A) Our lack of WR's retarded Fitz's progress

B) Our QB's are still going to run the damn ball. JoMo only ran his QB's a little less than Mullen- and that was because he didnt have a Fitz or a Key

RiverCityDawg
03-28-2018, 05:59 AM

B) Our QB's are still going to run the damn ball. JoMo only ran his QB's a little less than Mullen- and that was because he didnt have a Fitz or a Key

I agree the QB?s will still run, but one of the main reasons McSorely ran so much was defenses respected their passing game. JoMo?s offense is going to go where the defense is not. At least in the beginning defenses are going to plan to stop our run, so the read will be pass often and we?ll have to connect to make defenses back off. If we can make defenses respect our passing game our offense will be dangerous.

Coursesuper
03-28-2018, 06:44 AM
Still no big hitting and tackling.. here is some gold nuggets

-Guidry( yellow jersey) but is as advertised. Best looking WR we have had in a while
-Whop is good and going to be very good . Played outside with the ones a lot as well
-Todd and Jackson both looked good
-Hill is better than Aries and we know how good Aries is
- DL is sick good and deep .. Adams and Kobe are running with the 3s that’s how deep we are
- Fits looked sharp and moving around much better than I thought he would
- Secondary is going to be lot better than most think. Murphy didn?t look like a kid that should still be in HS and Cole is going to be a player for us.

We pass the eye test..

And got this from a high school coach. Coach Getsy is for real.

A few recruits were there. This coaching staff along with the recruiters and coaches from last years team get it..
There are going to beme surprised people come early signing day and feb.

Getsy is the real deal for sure, he's the lead recruiter on a kid I know and he's knocking out of the park on his recruitment. The family is has been very impressed.

Dawgface
03-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Good info.

KOdawg1
03-28-2018, 07:52 AM
Are there any negatives? Everything I've read has me wooly, haha

BrunswickDawg
03-28-2018, 07:58 AM
I agree the QB?s will still run, but one of the main reasons McSorely ran so much was defenses respected their passing game. JoMo?s offense is going to go where the defense is not. At least in the beginning defenses are going to plan to stop our run, so the read will be pass often and we?ll have to connect to make defenses back off. If we can make defenses respect our passing game our offense will be dangerous.

I think a lot of people don't recognize that Fred Ross is the only legit receiver Fitz has had in his 2 years as starter. I love Donald Gray, but he is a complimentary guy who needed a hoss like Fred to work with. And even as good as Fred Ross was, he also dropped a number of wide open passes in 2016. Not having a replacement for Ross cost us easily 900 yards in WR production last year. Give Fitz any one of Ross, DeRunnya, Bumphis, Fred Brown, Arceto Clark, Jameon Lewis, or Chris Smith last year and his completion % would have been 5% higher and production would have been more like Dak.

Jack Lambert
03-28-2018, 08:40 AM

JoMo also likes throwing down field more then Mullen. Well that's my impression.

Commercecomet24
03-28-2018, 08:44 AM

Spot on.

Ari Gold
03-28-2018, 08:51 AM

Correct.
Difference being is that it won’t be so predictable IMO with the QB runs.

Cooterpoot
03-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Our season depends on our WRs and our QB. If they're good, we'll be hard to beat.

RiverCityDawg
03-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Our season depends on our WRs and our QB. If they're good, we'll be hard to beat.

Agree 100%

Ari Gold
03-28-2018, 09:15 AM

Qb is no problem.
And WR will be much improved not only with the additions of Guidry and Whop but even more so with CJM and Coach Getsy. The gap in coaching between Getsy and Gonzo is ridiculous

TrapGame
03-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Qb is no problem.
And WR will be much improved not only with the additions of Guidry and Whop but even more so with CJM and Coach Getsy. The gap in coaching between Getsy and Gonzo is ridiculous

Gonzo was a waste of a paycheck. And Mullen was paid more than he was worth too.

dogsontop12
03-28-2018, 09:33 AM
Any word on how the OL is doing so far?

Commercecomet24
03-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Qb is no problem.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/566/702/3f2.jpeg

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 10:18 AM
We are inconsistent right now in the passing game. Its early in JoMo's first spring yes I know before anyone says anything.

But word is Austin Williams has really done great so far and Guidry is doing well but in a yellow jersey so take it for what its worth.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Any word on how the OL is doing so far?

Good until our starting DL comes in

Coach34
03-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Our OL is always going to struggle vs this DL

Dildoes
03-28-2018, 10:38 AM
What does a yellow jersey mean for Guidry? Non-contact or practicing in a limited capacity some way else?

Commercecomet24
03-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Our OL is always going to struggle vs this DL

I think every OL is gonna struggle against this DL.

TrapGame
03-28-2018, 10:55 AM
I think every OL is gonna struggle against this DL.

Yep, we are going to manhandle some OLs next season.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 11:28 AM
What does a yellow jersey mean for Guidry? Non-contact or practicing in a limited capacity some way else?

Hes limited

NCDawg
03-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Gonzo was a waste of a paycheck. And Mullen was paid more than he was worth too.

As was Hevesy.

TrapGame
03-28-2018, 11:42 AM
As was Hevesy.

Amen! If Mullen had coaches instead of ass suckers we would have been #1 more than once in his tenure.

TXDawg
03-28-2018, 01:44 PM
Anyone know if Bryant is back at practice? After the first practice, Coach Mo said he was out because he had some off the field stuff to take care of before he could practice.

Bully13
03-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Anyone know if Bryant is back at practice? After the first practice, Coach Mo said he was out because he had some off the field stuff to take care of before he could practice.

some here said they thought he might not be back. starting slacking off in the classroom. which bothers me some because his freshman year he was a very good student. good grades and stuff. looks like lack of effort.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-28-2018, 03:06 PM

He's not back but he's expected back. We'll see if he practices this spring or not.

Coldsleeve Jr.
03-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Davonta Jason. Under Dan we would be hearing about how he and Guidry need to learn the offense and how they need to work on their blocking.

I just projectile vomited