PDA

View Full Version : Will Freakin Redmond!

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 02:05 AM
What is his spot on the depth chart next week and how does he change the D?

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 02:15 AM
If he's as good as advertised I would hope it means:

FS- Cox
SS- Whitley
CB- Love
CB- Redmond

ScoobaDawg
10-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Who?

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 02:31 AM
If he's as good as advertised I would hope it means:

FS- Cox
SS- Whitley
CB- Love
CB- Redmond

No Calhoun?

Love laid on the field and limped off with some help tonight. Looked like he had his ankles taped up 3 inches thick. I'd be surprised if he plays another down.

msugolf
10-06-2013, 07:14 AM
I'd give one of the freshmen, Sills or Cleveland, a try at the opposite DB. If we're going to go young everywhere else might as well do it here too. And I'd replace Whitley with Arrington permanently.

FS Cox
SS Arrington
CB Redmond
CB Sills/Cleveland

civildawg
10-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Whitley needs to be benched ASAP. He's turrible

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Love was back in by the end of the game. He may be held out this week, but he should be fine for the season.

mic
10-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah we sure could have used Redmond tonight if he is as good as billed.. And from what I have heard he is
We for sure had some missed assignments with our DB's last night but for the most part in the first half we were all over Beckham and Landry . Those 2 cats just made a statement on who the best duo WR core in the SEC is.

thf24
10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I haven't heard much about Redmond but I'm taking the word of those in this thread that he's good enough to come in playing starter's snaps and improve the secondary immediately. Those who have watched him practice, I'm curious, what are his strengths (speed, coverage, smarts)? Who is he going to replace between Love and Calhoun, assuming Cox starts playing more safety?

bocfarm
10-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Redmond-CB
Love-CB
Arrington
Cox

Whitley has lost a step or 4, someone else needs to get a lot of his reps

HoopsDawg
10-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I haven't heard much about Redmond but I'm taking the word of those in this thread that he's good enough to come in playing starter's snaps and improve the secondary immediately. Those who have watched him practice, I'm curious, what are his strengths (speed, coverage, smarts)? Who is he going to replace between Love and Calhoun, assuming Cox starts playing more safety?

Can't expect too much from Redmond. It will be his first live action in 2 years thanks to [things too complicated for me to understand].

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Redmond-CB
Love-CB
Arrington
Cox

Whitley has lost a step or 4, someone else needs to get a lot of his reps

I'd like to see is play Nikoe at LB some or hybrid Big nickle/LB/safety/Dogback. Whatever you want to call it.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Love was back in by the end of the game. He may be held out this week, but he should be fine for the season.

That's what I thought.

bocfarm
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Jiles actually is a solid corner as well.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 12:44 PM
at one point early in the game we actually had Wells lined up over Landry. Luckily they burned a TO before the snap, but they caught us in some personnel mismatches a few times last night and exploited it well. that was the only complaint I have with the defense... that and they got tired, which is understandable.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Jiles just needs experience. He will start for us and be a quality corner unless he gets hurt.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:47 PM
at one point early in the game we actually had Wells lined up over Landry. Luckily they burned a TO before the snap, but they caught us in some personnel mismatches a few times last night and exploited it well. that was the only complaint I have with the defense... that and they got tired, which is understandable.

Our zone defense was horrid. I'm not saying playing man was necessarily the answer- but we were sloppy in zone.

chef dixon
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Their touchdown right before half... I was screaming at the TV to call time out. We were not ready for that play.

thunderclap
10-06-2013, 01:43 PM
With Cox and Whitley at the safety positions we will have a pair of safeties incapable of covering anybody.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
With Cox and Whitley at the safety positions we will have a pair of safeties incapable of covering anybody.

I think Cox is out of position at corner. I think he's a safety.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Cox is a FS. I think Will is more natural as a FS too, but he can play CB as well as anyone we have.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Ok it was the spring game but I thought he looked very good in the spring game. He was physical, quick and has SEC size. He will be a good one before the year is out.

mic
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM
The one good thing is we can break him in kind of slowly with BG , the off week, then UK. before the murders row next 3..

Dallas_Dawg
10-06-2013, 11:52 PM
I'd like to see is play Nikoe at LB some or hybrid Big nickle/LB/safety/Dogback. Whatever you want to call it.

No way Nickoe needs to be moved to Lb. Not only can he not cover, the guy just isn't the tackler he once was. He missed a bunch of tackles last night, the biggest one on the long run on LSU's second TD I believe.
As a senior, it is going to be tough to send him to the bench but somebody else deserves starter's reps at that position. Dee deserves the bulk of the snaps but others should get their chances.
Nickoe is done as far as I'm concerned. I hate to say it because he used to be my favorite, but he just kills us as our starting SS

Dawg61
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
What is his spot on the depth chart next week and how does he change the D?

How big is Redmond? Can he play FS? Whitley needs to be moved to LB yesterday. I'd even try flip flopping Richie Brown with Whitley. Brown seems out of position to me.

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 09:52 AM
I hope to see him start. I'm looking forward to seeing if the hype has been worth it.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 10:01 AM
How big is Redmond? Can he play FS? Whitley needs to be moved to LB yesterday. I'd even try flip flopping Richie Brown with Whitley. Brown seems out of position to me.

Redmond is probably a better fit at FS from what I hear (I think Hack said it as well), but we need help at CB AND FS so I think you have to choose which is the best cover guy between he and Cox, and put the other at FS. Based on what I've seen out of Cox so far....well, let's just hope like hell that Redmond is better at CB because Cox has looked horrible.

My hope is that Mullen doesn't continue starting Whitley, and that we see Redmond opposite Love, and Cox at FS. If Redmond can't play CB, then I guess we will have to go with Calhoun or Jiles opposite Love....but Redmond is the best prospect of the 3, so I expect him to emerge as the starter over Jiles and Calhoun, although I like Jiles's future at CB

FlabLoser
10-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Poor kid has been through a lot. If the game this week allows, I hope we throw him some bones. Put him at WR, whether there are any plays for him or not, tell him just run a go route full speed and throw it up for him. Or let him run a reverse. Or return a kick. Let the kid have some fun.

bocfarm
10-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Whitley is going to start and play a lot, it is what it is.

He also has 3 picks in 4 games

engie
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Poor kid has been through a lot. If the game this week allows, I hope we throw him some bones. Put him at WR, whether there are any plays for him or not, tell him just run a go route full speed and throw it up for him. Or let him run a reverse. Or return a kick. Let the kid have some fun.

I fully expect him to be on the punt or kick team one. He's electric as a returner.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Whitley is going to start and play a lot, it is what it is.

He also has 3 picks in 4 games

Yep. He was out of position on 2 of them I think, ha. Wrong place at the right time

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM

No doubt, Flab. This guy is probably ready to run through a brick wall if it means getting on the damn field. Could you imagine being the best on the field your entire life, and then getting shelved for 2 years because of some minor bullshit? Hopefully he takes out his frustration on the field when he finally gets a chance.

bocfarm
10-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Yep. He was out of position on 2 of them I think, ha. Wrong place at the right time

Haha...I noticed that when I rewatched some of the game the other night, he could have gotten beat over the top or underneath...glad the ball was thrown in between

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Haha...I noticed that when I rewatched some of the game the other night, he could have gotten beat over the top or underneath...glad the ball was thrown in between

I know. It was that one instance where leaving both of your men wide open paid off.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Yahoo has him listed as coming out of HS at 6'0" 179lbs. Not sure how big he is now.