PDA

View Full Version : Football practice

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 05:38 PM
I've been fortunate enough to attend Bama's coaches clinic and States, (ours is next week then bama's is the next)

For those that dont know, you go and listen to some coaches on a variety of different topics, usually big name guys at SEC schools. You also are able to go and watch spring practice on field with the team.

And I can tell ya'll this, comparing our practices to Bamas last year was like watching a Mercedes Benz vs a Ford Focus. Hopefully Moorhead has changed that.

No offense to anyone who might drive a ford focus

IMissJack
03-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Examples would be nice.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 05:48 PM
See you next week

Big4Dawg
03-27-2018, 05:53 PM
I've been fortunate enough to attend Bama's coaches clinic and States, (ours is next week then bama's is the next)

For those that dont know, you go and listen to some coaches on a variety of different topics, usually big name guys at SEC schools. You also are able to go and watch spring practice on field with the team.

And I can tell ya'll this, comparing our practices to Bamas last year was like watching a Mercedes Benz vs a Ford Focus. Hopefully Moorhead has changed that.

No offense to anyone who might drive a ford focus

So we were dependable and solid all around, while they were hurt?

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Chicks dig the checkdown = Chicks dig the Ford Focus.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Examples would be nice.

Well for one, if you pull your phone out at Bama practice they kick your ass out. I dont remember that happening at State. Saban is the hardest coaching D1 HC I have ever seen. Mullen dicked around with the Kickers while Saban chewed ass and coached the DBs, LB's, DL, basicallly any position he saw something he didnt like.

He also made sure and stressed it 10000 times that your shirt tail must be tucked in, Mullen didnt give a shit. Little things win you championships not how well you can ''develop a QB''

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 06:04 PM
So we were dependable and solid all around, while they were hurt?

You got my point

Bulldog1
03-27-2018, 06:06 PM
Well for one, if you pull your phone out at Bama practice they kick your ass out. I dont remember that happening at State. Saban is the hardest coaching D1 HC I have ever seen. Mullen dicked around with the Kickers while Saban chewed ass and coached the DBs, LB's, DL, basicallly any position he saw something he didnt like.

He also made sure and stressed it 10000 times that your shirt tail must be tucked in, Mullen didnt give a shit. Little things win you championships not how well you can ''develop a QB''

Yep

IMissJack
03-27-2018, 08:26 PM

No doubt Saban can out coach DM, but switching a QB got him a natty this year, at least in that game. But I get what you're saying.

Bulldog1
03-27-2018, 08:27 PM
No doubt Saban can out coach DM, but switching a QB got him a natty this year, at least in that game. But I get what you're saying.

What a smart move that was. I was calling for it, as were most people.

maroonmania
03-27-2018, 08:55 PM
delete

fader2103
03-27-2018, 08:58 PM
Have they announced the keynote speaker for MSU ?

fader2103
03-27-2018, 08:59 PM
I have been to both MSU and Bama?s a few years. Bama always has some great speakers. LSU has Joe Gibbs this year. I thought about attending that one.

Bully13
03-27-2018, 09:02 PM

in my opinion, one of the greatest coaching decisions I've ever seen. it took balls, brains and other shit my brain doesn't even have the vocabulary to adequately describe. the mother 17er is a total bad ass. that's all I can say about that.

TXDawg
03-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Saban's decision to change QB's was great, but I think the best single coaching call in all of football this year was the Eagle's decision to go for it on 4th in the Super Bowl and the play they called. Talk about guts and brilliance.

Jack Lambert
03-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Chicks dig the checkdown = Chicks dig the Ford Focus.

Alcorn does the hoe check at games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5HGepgANw

RiverCityDawg
03-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Based just on the open practice last Saturday, JoMo isn?t going to be like Saban in the way you are describing, which I think is fine. There are different ways to do it and still be successful.

War Machine Dawg
03-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Based just on the open practice last Saturday, JoMo isn?t going to be like Saban in the way you are describing, which I think is fine. There are different ways to do it and still be successful.

Too many people forget this. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to coaching or everyone would do it the same. What works for Saban isn't going to work for Mike Leach or Pete Carroll. Their personalities are too different. Saban is a miserable prick who's incapable of happiness, so the hardass approach works for him. But Leach & Carroll are way more laid back, so the yelling, screaming, hardass thing isn't going to work for them. Players will see right through that in a minute. Just because you aren't a yeller or screamer doesn't mean you aren't doing a good job.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Too many people forget this. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to coaching or everyone would do it the same. What works for Saban isn't going to work for Mike Leach or Pete Carroll. Their personalities are too different. Saban is a miserable prick who's incapable of happiness, so the hardass approach works for him. But Leach & Carroll are way more laid back, so the yelling, screaming, hardass thing isn't going to work for them. Players will see right through that in a minute. Just because you aren't a yeller or screamer doesn't mean you aren't doing a good job.

Mike Leach is nowhere near the coach nick saban is either

shoeless joe
03-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Saban sounds like that meanie Cohen*

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Mike Leach is nowhere near the coach nick saban is either

But Pete Caroll is. Pete has been successful in the NFL where the playing field is a lot more level. Saban wasn't anything special in the NFL. Saban is a great recruiter and has done fantastic at Bama but some college programs have built in advantages. Imagine if the Pats had the top 5 picks in the NFL draft every year, that is close to what Saban has.

BuckyIsAB****
03-28-2018, 11:29 AM
But Pete Caroll is. Pete has been successful in the NFL where the playing field is a lot more level. Saban wasn't anything special in the NFL. Saban is a great recruiter and has done fantastic at Bama but some college programs have built in advantages. Imagine if the Pats had the top 5 picks in the NFL draft every year, that is close to what Saban has.

Oh yeah Carrol is better in the NFL bc hes willing to put up with drama and BS.

Id much rather play for or coach with Saban than Carroll

MaroonFlounder
03-28-2018, 07:02 PM
in my opinion, one of the greatest coaching decisions I've ever seen. it took balls, brains and other shit my brain doesn't even have the vocabulary to adequately describe. the mother 17er is a total bad ass. that's all I can say about that.

The onside kick in the first championship game vs Clemson. I never figured Saban would do something like that, but getting that extra possession was the difference.