PDA

View Full Version : NIT Rules

drunkernhelldawg
03-27-2018, 02:05 PM
I basically like all of the rule variations in NIT, especially the four quarters. I like the wider lane because it helps the defense. I like the extension of the three point line (but keep going back another foot), I like the reset to 20 seconds on o board, I like the demise of the one and one.

Most of these rules encourage good basketball. The team that makes the plays should be the team that wins.

Is there any chance of NCAA going four quarters? I sure hope so.

Jack Lambert
03-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Also the bonus reset at the end of each quarter I think?

MCsMGs
03-27-2018, 02:49 PM
FWIW, every player on our team I have spoken with likes the rules too.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Also the bonus reset at the end of each quarter I think?

It also eliminates the 1 and 1 so once you get to 5 fouls, you are shooting 2.

sleepy dawg
03-27-2018, 03:06 PM
I basically like all of the rule variations in NIT, especially the four quarters. I like the wider lane because it helps the defense. I like the extension of the three point line (but keep going back another foot), I like the reset to 20 seconds on o board, I like the demise of the one and one.

Most of these rules encourage good basketball. The team that makes the plays should be the team that wins.

Is there any chance of NCAA going four quarters? I sure hope so.

There is a real chance some of them get implemented, but unlikely they all do. The best chance is probably 4 quarters b/c the women already do it and it has been successful. I doubt they push the 3-point line back though. It may happen at some point, I'm just doubtful it will be this year.

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Now if they would only enforce (or change, if necessary) the traveling rule ... one step after you pick the ball up from a dribble, regardless if you are driving for a layup or not.

Lord McBuckethead
03-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Or maybe figure out that bigs do not travel Everytime they make a move with the ball. Ado sometimes never moves his pivot foot and the whistle it. At least once or twice every game.

I have yet to see a point guard who doesn't take 1-2 steps prior to putting the ball on the floor on a quick inbound play.

MetEdDawg
03-27-2018, 07:13 PM
I have enjoyed the 20 second shot clock after a miss. For our team which has superior guard play, that is a huge benefit for us. When we play downhill we are tough to beat because we?ve got got speed. I doubt that one gets implemented though.

Love the 4 quarters too. I figure that?s going to happen next year across the board. I?m shocked they haven?t tried to push it to 48 minute games like the NBA. Pretty sure basketball is the only collegiate sport that differs in length of play from its professional counterpart.

Bulldog1
03-27-2018, 07:16 PM
I have enjoyed the 20 second shot clock after a miss. For our team which has superior guard play, that is a huge benefit for us. When we play downhill we are tough to beat because we?ve got got speed. I doubt that one gets implemented though.

Love the 4 quarters too. I figure that?s going to happen next year across the board. I?m shocked they haven?t tried to push it to 48 minute games like the NBA. Pretty sure basketball is the only collegiate sport that differs in length of play from its professional counterpart.

I would like for us to decrease the shot clock again. Go from 30 to 24 like NBA.

HoopsDawg
03-27-2018, 07:21 PM
I love every single rule change and that is rare for me. These NIT games have been good.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-27-2018, 07:45 PM
They sure have made these NIT games more watchable.... even when MSU is not playing.