View Full Version : JoMo and the FMB

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2018, 12:13 PM
For you former FMBers on here -

Coach Moorhead has invited the FMB to a closed practice to meet the staff and the players.

Dan was great about going to a practice and thanking the band, and was incredibly helpful last year providing a practice facility after the band field got ruined. But, Coach Moorhead is taking this up a notch it seems. As a band parent - both FMB and high school bands - I can say that this type of support and interaction between the Band and the Football team is almost unheard of.

Great job Coach Joe!

Commercecomet24
03-27-2018, 12:20 PM
The man continues to impress me! If he's as good an in game Coach as he has shown to be with the periphery stuff we got us a big time winner!

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-27-2018, 12:21 PM
He's trying to make our band like Penn State's band *

Martianlander
03-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Unm trying to recruit the tuba players from us.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Na, he wants the drumline to show them how to throw a proper party**

Uncivilengineer
03-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Drumline alumni here.

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 05:49 PM
For you former FMBers on here -

Coach Moorhead has invited the FMB to a closed practice to meet the staff and the players.

Dan was great about going to a practice and thanking the band, and was incredibly helpful last year providing a practice facility after the band field got ruined. But, Coach Moorhead is taking this up a notch it seems. As a band parent - both FMB and high school bands - I can say that this type of support and interaction between the Band and the Football team is almost unheard of.

Great job Coach Joe!

What happened to the band field?

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 05:59 PM

I think there was a storm and it got really muddy or something like that.

I remember Jackie used to come to band practice once a year and thank us for supporting the team.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 06:00 PM

They would if the tuba player had four stars by their name.

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2018, 06:32 PM

It rained for the first week of camp last fall and turned it into a quagmire. They needed a field for a week or so to finish camp. Dan rearranged the football schedule to free up one of the synthetic turf fields so they could finish camp and not have to travel to Starkville High.

FYI - they are raising funds for a turf field now for the Band.