PDA

View Full Version : How good will our ladies team be next season?

Jack Lambert
03-27-2018, 08:31 AM
?

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Decent, but no where near the level we are this year.

smootness
03-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Very good, certainly not elite. I think the Sweet 16 is an achievable goal.

msstatelp1
03-27-2018, 08:43 AM
I think we stay in the top 10 by the end of the year. We'll have some growing pains but as long as we have Vic we'll be good.

Cooterpoot
03-27-2018, 08:47 AM
I think we'll struggle early but improve as the season goes on. I think we'll make the tourney but I don't expect a lot.

drummerdawg
03-27-2018, 08:54 AM
I think we'll be pretty good. Obviously not as good as the last two years but will still make the NCAAT and be top 4 in the SEC. I think we get somewhere around 23-24 wins in the regular season.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 09:00 AM
When can the UConn transfer play? We have some great players coming in and that redshirted this year. I think we will still compete for the SEC title since we bring back T.

Doggie_Style
03-27-2018, 09:02 AM
?

I think we'll be better than most people think....We have McCown, Danberry, Holmes and Bibby all improving players. We add Myah Taylor and Andra E.-Hunter both 5* players plus 3 more top freshmen. I think this team will make the sweet 16.

99jc
03-27-2018, 09:04 AM
We will be good at point and center of course....Blairs point totals can be replaced but torys ability to take over a game and Johnsons scoring and defense will be impossible to replace. the senoir leadership will be missed the most. We have good players coming in how they jell together will be key. I think we make the tourney but sweet 16 is the tops.

sleepy dawg
03-27-2018, 01:35 PM
I think we fall way off. We'll still go to the tournament b/c women's basketball just isn't deep like the men, but we won't be anywhere near what we are this year and what we were last year. We play 4 Seniors and 1 Junior the vast majority of the game. That's very difficult to replace in 1 year.

Cooterpoot
03-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Anybody thinking Sweet 16 is fooling themselves.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2018, 01:48 PM

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/not_aware_waynes_world.gif

Coach34
03-27-2018, 01:48 PM
I think we fall way off. We'll still go to the tournament b/c women's basketball just isn't deep like the men, but we won't be anywhere near what we are this year and what we were last year. We play 4 Seniors and 1 Junior that vast majority of the game. That's very difficult to replace in 1 year.

This. We'll be solid because we are well-coached and have recruited well. But expectations need to drop

mstatefan91
03-27-2018, 01:51 PM

It's certainly possible.. but not probable

drunkernhelldawg
03-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Gonna be interesting. Most teams that graduate four starting seniors would struggle to reach .500 in conference. But we've got some good players and some more coming up. We've got top coaching.

99jc
03-27-2018, 02:22 PM
If other teams can reload so can we...jeez you all act like Vic can't keep producing. Most of you are so MState.

preachermatt83
03-27-2018, 02:25 PM
Tourney team but more of a 5-6 seed type

jumbo
03-27-2018, 02:27 PM
When can the UConn transfer play? We have some great players coming in and that redshirted this year. I think we will still compete for the SEC title since we bring back T.

I may be wrong, but I think January since she was a mid year transfer.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 02:33 PM

I recall them saying she would sit the entire year next year

yjnkdawg
03-27-2018, 03:04 PM

Initially they thought that was the case, but as 34 said earlier, she has to sit out all of next year.

bostondawg
03-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Should be a top 40 team. Maybe top 25 if Vic can coach it. We'll still have the best center in the game. Not anything near to this team but still very good. I think sweet 16 is achievable too. Vic is an elite coach.

I might also remind everyone that our recruiting has been okay at HS level (honestly maybe could be better considering our dominance), but Vic has been killing it with transfers. Before I just realized that the UConn transfer couldn't play next season, I thought our lineup next season might have 4/5 players be 5* recruits. That's insane at MSU.

Guessing the starters next year will be something like:
Holmes at the point
Myah Taylor (5*)
Jordan Danberry (5*)
Would be the 5* UConn transfer, but will probably be Bibby with some Nyah Tate
Teaira McCowan (5*)

And that's assuming that neither of the two 5* true freshmen we have coming in will be impact players. Our recruiting is starting to roll. We'll have six 5* players on next year's roster, right?

This team will be young but very talented. Maybe something like this year's men's team (although much less frustrating to watch I'm sure).

sleepy dawg
03-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Should be a top 40 team. Maybe top 25 if Vic can coach it. We'll still have the best center in the game. Not anything near to this team but still very good. I think sweet 16 is achievable too. Vic is an elite coach.

I might also remind everyone that our recruiting has been okay at HS level (honestly maybe could be better considering our dominance), but Vic has been killing it with transfers. Before I just realized that the UConn transfer couldn't play next season, I thought our lineup next season might have 4/5 players be 5* recruits. That's insane at MSU.

Guessing the starters next year will be something like:
Holmes at the point
Myah Taylor (5*)
Jordan Danberry (5*)
Would be the 5* UConn transfer, but will probably be Bibby with some Nyah Tate
Teaira McCowan (5*)

And that's assuming that neither of the two 5* true freshmen we have coming in will be impact players. Our recruiting is starting to roll. We'll have six 5* players on next year's roster, right?

This team will be young but very talented. Maybe something like this year's men's team (although much less frustrating to watch I'm sure).

I don't think anyone thinks Sweet 16 will be out of the question. I'm just saying it shouldn't be the expectation. I would say the expectations should be similar to a few years ago when the current team was all freshmen. We finished 3rd in the conference and made it the round of 32. I think that is more realistic expectations. We may end up better, or worse, but a Sweet 16 next year would be a huge accomplishment, not an expectation.