PDA

View Full Version : MSU team colors

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 08:33 PM
I just found something out that I didn't know, and given that a lot of posters complain about us wearing gray (we are maroon and white, not gray!), according to this site, gray and dark gray are our secondary colors, presumably officially.

https://teamcolorcodes.com/mississippi-state-university-bulldogs-colors/

The reason I found it is that I was looking to see what Notre Dame's and Oregon's colors are because the sideline reporterette is wearing green, and I thought at first that she was supporting Notre Dame. I guess both schools have green as a color so she can get away with it.

The site has the digital definitions of all school colors on it.

maroonmania
03-26-2018, 08:37 PM
We should at least go with silver. Thought the Plantation had the monopoly on Confederate gray.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 08:39 PM
Interesting. Didn’t see black on there unless I overlooked it. I have no idea why we are wearing black in anything. It’s okay in football, for a Jersey- but not all black. Pair it with white pants or grey or something. I’m just not a big fan of the all black uniforms.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Interesting. Didn’t see black on there unless I overlooked it. I have no idea why we are wearing black in anything. It’s okay in football, for a Jersey- but not all black. Pair it with white pants or grey or something. I’m just not a big fan of the all black uniforms.

I don't like black jerseys or anything else for us. Gray, or silver (I can't tell the difference from a distance on a uniform, but I suppose it's really gray) is OK with me because I think it looks good. Black just comes across as sinister i suppose.

yjnkdawg
03-26-2018, 09:26 PM

I think the players think that the black uniforms are cool and apparently our athletic department and administration doesn't have an issue with it.

DawgBone
03-27-2018, 04:17 AM
Can we all just agree that black/black/Black in baseball is ridiculous and an absolute disgrace to our program? Granted that is the least of our problems right now

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 05:38 AM

Our baseball team's original uniform was black and grey. We didn't start wearing maroon and white until the football team chose those colors.

msbulldog
03-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Our baseball team's original uniform was black and grey. We didn't start wearing maroon and white until the football team chose those colors.

Damn, you must be way older than me if you can remember that far back and I'm three days older than dirt.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 07:40 AM
Damn, you must be way older than me if you can remember that far back and I'm three days older than dirt.

LOL, I read it in one of the history of MSU sports books.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 11:15 AM

The all blacks vs UK in 2015 were nice