PDA

View Full Version : UCONN is beating ......

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 06:38 PM
the ever loving crap out of South Carolina.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Mods move this. I didn't see the thread.

Pit Bull
03-27-2018, 02:25 AM
the ever loving crap out of South Carolina.

UCONN could all wear blindfolds and beat any of the other 3 teams in the Final Four by 25+. Little birds have been twirping that meeting Miss. State in the Final game would be very special to them.

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 07:01 AM
UCONN could all wear blindfolds and beat any of the other 3 teams in the Final Four by 25+. Little birds have been twirping that meeting Miss. State in the Final game would be very special to them.

I had forgotten about it, but earlier this season they only beat Notre Dame by 1, and last night ND didn't look unbeatable. So UConn can have their down days too.

confucius say
03-27-2018, 09:50 AM
They are def the favorite. But they can be beaten. I think they barely beat Texas earlier this year.

They look quicker than us and that is a concern. I would slow the tempo down against them and make it a half court game.

smootness
03-27-2018, 09:53 AM
They are def the favorite. But they can be beaten. I think they barely beat Texas earlier this year.

They look quicker than us and that is a concern. I would slow the tempo down against them and make it a half court game.

The issue for us is that they will be seriously motivated after last year. We really need them to be looking ahead at possible revenge, though that is extremely unlikely. They know how good ND is. We need ND to win, I just don't see us beating UConn again. Beating Louisville and ND back-to-back is a tall enough task, but beating UConn would be just about impossible, I think.

confucius say
03-27-2018, 09:57 AM
The issue for us is that they will be seriously motivated after last year. We really need them to be looking ahead at possible revenge, though that is extremely unlikely. They know how good ND is. We need ND to win, I just don't see us beating UConn again. Beating Louisville and ND back-to-back is a tall enough task, but beating UConn would be just about impossible, I think.

Meh, motivation is overrated. If we meet them Sunday both teams will be highly motivated seeing as though a natty would be on the line.

I think uconn will beat us because they are better, not bc they will be extremely motivated and we will not be.

smootness
03-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Meh, motivation is overrated. If we meet them Sunday both teams will be highly motivated seeing as though a natty would be on the line.

I think uconn will beat us because they are better, not bc they will be extremely motivated and we will not be.

Of course there will be motivation on both sides. But I think this 'extra' motivation is often underrated. Athletes are human. Watch athletes talk about big sporting events in the past, and you'll often hear them talk about having been slighted by the other team or wanting revenge, etc. There's no doubt that players can show up and think they're 100% motivated, but make it personal and suddenly they're even more motivated than before.

I don't think there's any doubt UConn would be even more motivated because we beat them last year. Of course we'll be extremely motivated. It just won't be as personal.

Cooterpoot
03-27-2018, 10:34 AM
I really don't care. We're in the Final Four. If we beat a good Louisville team, we're in the championship game for the 2nd straight year. That's all you can ask for really. UConn isn't a deep team. Foul trouble could get them just like it could us. Same with ND if we were to get them. We need to worry about Louisville. They can score a lot of points and are a tough match up.

drunkernhelldawg
03-27-2018, 10:43 AM
South Carolina beat us in the SECCG even though we're better than them. Maybe we have UConn's number the same way. Friday's game is going to be a tough one, too.

shannondawg
03-27-2018, 11:07 AM
If Uconn shoots like we did in the tournament against SC we can beat them. It was unreal the way they made 3's last night.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 11:21 AM
UConn only beat ND by 4 points in the regular season. It will definitely be a good game. We can beat anyone if we are on our game.

Lord McBuckethead
03-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Of course there will be motivation on both sides. But I think this 'extra' motivation is often underrated. Athletes are human. Watch athletes talk about big sporting events in the past, and you'll often hear them talk about having been slighted by the other team or wanting revenge, etc. There's no doubt that players can show up and think they're 100% motivated, but make it personal and suddenly they're even more motivated than before.

I don't think there's any doubt UConn would be even more motivated because we beat them last year. Of course we'll be extremely motivated. It just won't be as personal.

SCar was motivated last night. For the first 30 seconds.