PDA

View Full Version : UConn/South Carolina

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 06:13 PM
They've already called a foul on Wilson and traveling on SC. In the first 30 seconds.

KB21
03-26-2018, 06:18 PM
They are not going to get the calls against Connecticut.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Right after I posted the foul on Wilson, Katie Lou got one called on her. So they may be calling tight on both teams, at least early on. And really, I think the foul on Katie Lou it was questionable. She did a really good flop though, as we know she can. She didn't clutch her throat as if she was in the throes of death though.

I'd never noticed before ... Aja Wilson is left-handed.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 06:25 PM
They just showed Staley disturbing the peace inside the Starkville hotel after the Super Bowl. She shoulda been tossed out. Besides ... who cares who she's a fan of in the NFL?

msbulldog
03-26-2018, 06:29 PM
They just showed Staley disturbing the peace inside the Starkville hotel after the Super Bowl. She shoulda been tossed out. Besides ... who cares who she's a fan of in the NFL?

Tossed out my a$$, she should have seen the inside of the Starkville drunk tank like me and Johnny Cash!

99jc
03-26-2018, 06:33 PM
UCONN is showing the formula on how to beat Wilson and SC. Almost a box and one make them shoot jumpers and they are very average.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Geno is asking Dawn how his ass tastes in this game.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 06:39 PM
They've already called a foul on Wilson and traveling on SC. In the first 30 seconds.

Then USC will lose.

99jc
03-26-2018, 06:39 PM
If we get to play uconn I like our chances if we hit our 3's.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-26-2018, 06:46 PM
The Lady Cocks sure are giving UCONN a lot of open 3 point shots...

West Tn Dawg
03-26-2018, 06:47 PM
UCONN is well taught in faking the flop when anyone touches them. I really don't know why others don't do the same.
KLS will fake a major flop and grab her neck or face before it's over. Once the call is made she will all of a sudden be just fine. BOOK IT!

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 06:49 PM
UCONN is well taught in faking the flop when anyone touches them. I really don't know why others don't do the same.
KLS will fake a major flop and grab her neck or face before it's over. Once the call is made she will all of a sudden be just fine. BOOK IT!

Obvious fakes should be penalized, like an unsportsmanlike penalty or something of the sort.

Lord McBuckethead
03-26-2018, 06:49 PM
SCar may want to guard people out on the 3 point line.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 06:51 PM
SCar may want to guard people out on the 3 point line.

It's due to poor coaching. **

West Tn Dawg
03-26-2018, 06:55 PM
can't beat em if they never miss!:confused:

Dawgbite
03-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Obvious fakes should be penalized, like an unsportsmanlike penalty or something of the sort.
Women who fake it! Shirley you jest!

preachermatt83
03-26-2018, 07:01 PM
This uconn team is possibly the best offensive basketball team I've seen.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 07:14 PM
This uconn team is possibly the best offensive basketball team I've seen.

If they shoot like this they are unbeatable.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Aja Wilson may be the best player in the country, but she is at best the 6th best player on that court tonight.

99jc
03-26-2018, 07:17 PM
I would love too see a 3 point shoot out with us and Uconn we win 120-117.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:19 PM
Women who fake it! Shirley you jest!

Who fake FLOPS, FLOPS. If they quit faking everything we'd lose all self esteem. :) Or so some of them think so anyway.

Lord McBuckethead
03-26-2018, 07:22 PM
SCar sucks. Dawn Staley hasn't even stood up, at least I haven't seen her stand up yet. Pretty much the end of the 3rd.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Aja Wilson may be the best player in the country, but she is at best the 6th best player on that court tonight.

UConn, as a team, are amazing. I don't know if they could beat a WNBA team or not because I've never watched one of their games, but they couldn't be much better.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:24 PM
SCar sucks. Dawn Staley hasn't even stood up, at least I haven't seen her stand up yet. Pretty much the end of the 3rd.

She probably knew coming in they had no chance.

shoeless joe
03-26-2018, 07:28 PM
Wilson crying at end of third...

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:35 PM
Wilson crying at end of third...

Last college game ever. I'm sure it's an emotional time.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 07:39 PM

You either love to hate Wilson or you are ignant cause shes still the best player in the country.

Shes like 60 percent of SC offense, they just have no shooters

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 07:42 PM
You either love to hate Wilson or you are ignant cause shes still the best player in the country.

Very good but human tonight. Everybody for UCONN was as good, some were better.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:49 PM
I noticed UConn was 19-1 in NCAA tournament Final 4 play. Remind me again who they lost to??

msstatelp1
03-26-2018, 08:10 PM

Wilson is a very good player and I've never had anything against her, just the way the SEC refs let her play.

confucius say
03-26-2018, 10:22 PM
I would love too see a 3 point shoot out with us and Uconn we win 120-117.

I do not think so. I think the only way to beat them is to play a game in 70s. 60s would be better if we were good enough definsively, but we are not.

You have to slow them down and eliminate their transition points. Get up in them, punch them in the face, and drag their ass to the deep end.

The Federalist Engineer
03-26-2018, 11:26 PM
UCONN has the #DemandMore for their team - they are just intimidating in every way

But they gotta beat #1 seeded Norte Dame to play in the final- maybe they slip up again, there are four #1 seeds in the final-4

Pit Bull
03-27-2018, 01:58 AM
I think I would keep Big T under the goal to protect the drives to basket and for rebounding.... and the other 4 should be man to man on all their shooters....wherever they go. Suffocate them and substitute to keep everyone fresh. UCONN will do ANYTHING to get Big T out from under the goal. If we don't challenge the 3 pointers like SC didn't do......GAME OVER! We HAVE to keep the game within about 1o pts til the 4th quarter to have any chance at all. Of course....we have Louisville chomping at the bit to take us out first......we may not even make it to UCONN if we don't play well against the birds.

smootness
03-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Very good but human tonight. Everybody for UCONN was as good, some were better.

That may have just a tad to do with the fact that every UConn player has MUCH better teammates.

Jarius
03-27-2018, 07:54 AM
If they shoot like this they are unbeatable.

Actually guarding them will make them not shoot like that. South Carolina was embarrassing defensively. They aren't going to get those looks against us.

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 07:58 AM
That may have just a tad to do with the fact that every UConn player has MUCH better teammates.

Of course it did.

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Actually guarding them will make them not shoot like that. South Carolina was embarrassing defensively. They aren't going to get those looks against us.

I don’t think so either but if they do......

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 08:01 AM
UCONN has the #DemandMore for their team - they are just intimidating in every way

But they gotta beat #1 seeded Norte Dame to play in the final- maybe they slip up again, there are four #1 seeds in the final-4

They will beat Notre Dame. In fact I think they already destroyed them once this year. I’m going to look right now.

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 08:05 AM
They will beat Notre Dame. In fact I think they already destroyed them once this year. I’m going to look right now.

It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. UCONN beat them by 9 at UCONN very early in the season.

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 08:16 AM
It wasn’t as bad as I remembered. UCONN beat them by 9 at UCONN very early in the season.

For some reason, I thought it was 1 but that's right ... they opened it up at the end. Probably with intentional fouling. But they were behind not long before the game was over.

RougeDawg
03-27-2018, 08:19 AM
Wilson is a very good player and I've never had anything against her, just the way the SEC refs let her play.

This. If the refs didn?t let her do whatever she wanted she?d be a little above average. She should?ve fouled out early in the 3rd against us in SEC championship game. That?s not even debatable. Go back and watch.

smootness
03-27-2018, 08:31 AM
This. If the refs didn?t let her do whatever she wanted she?d be a little above average.

You’re embarrassing yourself.

thf24
03-27-2018, 08:47 AM
This. If the refs didn?t let her do whatever she wanted she?d be a little above average. She should?ve fouled out early in the 3rd against us in SEC championship game. That?s not even debatable. Go back and watch.

If that's true then why exactly did the officials pick her in particular to transform into a star?

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 08:51 AM
You’re embarrassing yourself.

He is right. I think she would still be very good, but there is no denying the way she is allowed to play I’m most games makes her better than she is.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 09:02 AM
He is right. I think she would still be very good, but there is no denying the way she is allowed to play I’m most games makes her better than she is.

She definitely benefits from the lack of over the back calls. It seems like half her rebounds should be called. She also has that special "Euro" step where she shuffles her feet but never gets called for traveling. She is still very quick for a big girl.

smootness
03-27-2018, 09:37 AM

Anyone who thinks there is any scenario in which A'ja Wilson is only 'a little above average' has no idea what they're talking about.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Anyone who thinks there is any scenario in which A'ja Wilson is only 'a little above average' has no idea what they're talking about.

Hmm...how about if she was a foot shorter, not as athletic, and generally not as skilled?**

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 10:16 AM

When she gets a foul called on her early she isn’t as good. He style of play is completely different.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2018, 10:19 AM
When she gets a foul called on her early she isn’t as good. He style of play is completely different.

You can literally say that about any basketball player...especially ones that important to their team...