PDA

View Full Version : The New Staff?s Ability to Recruit

CapitalCityDawg
03-26-2018, 10:06 AM
I know it?s early, but I am blown away with the quality of out-of-State athletes we are getting on campus. Guys like Torbor the 4star receiver from Louisiana and the 4 star DE Out of Nashville are getting early crystal balls to the good guys. Again, I know it?s early, but we HARDLY EVER got any buzz like this with the previous staff. Add in the fact we seem to be getting Black back in the boat, and the wool is starting to sprout.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2018, 10:22 AM
We appear to be gaining momentum.

Still got land the approach shot and tap in the putt though.

MetEdDawg
03-26-2018, 10:29 AM
It’s 100% effort. Kids like attention and effort. Our previous staff didn’t do that enough and we heard it on numerous occasions with different recruits.

Moorhead is doing it the right way. He’s creating the buzz and he’s doing it constantly. We will have our big weekends. But if you are on Twitter, you see that we have different receuits on campus almost every single day. They are tweeting pictures of themselves, their friends we retweeting those pictures, and our people in the media are finally beginning to understand how they can help in that regard.

There’s a team effort about recruiting now. I get notifications almost daily of Moorhead and other staff members and people in our camp following recruits on Twitter. We are making the effort. And if you aren’t on Twitter, get on there. Follow our staff. Follow our people. Take a couple minutes a day and go through and like a few tweets of kids that have MSU gear on from an unofficial visit. Retweet a post from Moorhead when he puts something out. Building a brand doesn’t just happen from staff and media. It happens from he fans creating the public buzz. The staff is putting the hay down where we can get it. Time for us as a collective to pick it up.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 10:50 AM
I think the Bama game from last season is helping recruiting out of state. Just my opinion. I recorded the game on DVR. I do all the games so I can watch them when I get home. I always miss stuff in person but I watched the Bama game again this weekend and atmosphere was amazing and it translated through the TV.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 11:09 AM
It’s 100% effort. Kids like attention and effort. Our previous staff didn’t do that enough and we heard it on numerous occasions with different recruits.

Moorhead is doing it the right way. He’s creating the buzz and he’s doing it constantly. We will have our big weekends. But if you are on Twitter, you see that we have different receuits on campus almost every single day. They are tweeting pictures of themselves, their friends we retweeting those pictures, and our people in the media are finally beginning to understand how they can help in that regard.

There’s a team effort about recruiting now. I get notifications almost daily of Moorhead and other staff members and people in our camp following recruits on Twitter. We are making the effort. And if you aren’t on Twitter, get on there. Follow our staff. Follow our people. Take a couple minutes a day and go through and like a few tweets of kids that have MSU gear on from an unofficial visit. Retweet a post from Moorhead when he puts something out. Building a brand doesn’t just happen from staff and media. It happens from he fans creating the public buzz. The staff is putting the hay down where we can get it. Time for us as a collective to pick it up.

All thats fine but folks please, dont tweet at recruits.

MetEdDawg
03-26-2018, 11:16 AM

I would hope at this point that’s an understood. But probably not a bad thing to mention. Likes and retweets of posts are great. Anything else is creepy. Never tweet at a recruit. But it sure would be nice if we could have a recruit have 400 or 500 likes from a tweet with them wearing MSU gear as opposed to 50

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 11:20 AM
I would hope at this point that’s an understood. But probably not a bad thing to mention. Likes and retweets of posts are great. Anything else is creepy. Never tweet at a recruit. But it sure would be nice if we could have a recruit have 400 or 500 likes from a tweet with them wearing MSU gear as opposed to 50

It would be nice, I just dont think a lot of people care that much about what a kid tweets. Not disagreeing with you

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 11:21 AM
It's amazing what happens when a head coach and his staff actually give a shit about recruiting.

Joe Schmedlap
03-26-2018, 11:55 PM

I don?t, but who gives a crap? Fans from every damn school
In the SEC tweet at recruits. If Ole Miss can get nailed for 15 level one infractions and only lose 11 scholarships, no school is gonna lose a damn thing over stupid fan tweets.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 11:14 AM
In the SEC tweet at recruits. If Ole Miss can get nailed for 15 level one infractions and only lose 11 scholarships, no school is gonna lose a damn thing over stupid fan tweets.

You're right. But there should be a punishment for it, even though it would be virtually impossible to hand out

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 11:46 AM
I know I've said this before but I'll say it again. Dan not putting enough effort into recruiting was more of a problem for us than Ole Miss buying recruits. I think that Joe is going. To bear that out this recruiting cycle.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 11:48 AM
You're right. But there should be a punishment for it, even though it would be virtually impossible to hand out

I don't think there should be a punishment but it's in poor taste and will likely devolve when the idiots from the other schools get involved in the conversation.

Ari Gold
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
There is a reason DM was pushing hard to get Coaches Austin, Gibson and Peterson to follow him to Fla. They did the majority of heavy lifting with the recruiting here
The new staff Is much more engaged with these coaches . Recruiting is about to pick up.

yjnkdawg
03-27-2018, 03:15 PM

The problem is some fans live and breath on what some recruits tweet. So if the tweet sounds detrimental to the fan's thinking, then the recruit can get stupid comments, concerning their tweet, from this fan. It can even be counter productive, for the coaches in their recruitment of that recruit. So, yes it can hurt. Let's just leave the recruiting up to the coaches.

PassInterference
03-27-2018, 04:00 PM
There is a reason DM was pushing hard to get Coaches Austin, Gibson and Peterson to follow him to Fla. They did the majority of heavy lifting with the recruiting here
The new staff Is much more engaged with these coaches . Recruiting is about to pick up.

I hope Mullen is sitting around hoping that Florida logo is going to do the recruiting.

Hey, kids, back when you were in the 1st grade, I won a title with Tim Tebow. Trust me, this logo is elite.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 05:03 PM

I can tell you right now Brad Peterson will never leave MSU unless its an on field job somewhere

Leroy Jenkins
03-27-2018, 05:06 PM

It is creepy to tweet recruits. Just my opinion. If I see a grown man tweeting a HS kid I assume that is the type of person who would camp out in a bathroom stall with yancy.

MetEdDawg
03-27-2018, 05:24 PM
It is creepy to tweet recruits. Just my opinion. If I see a grown man tweeting a HS kid I assume that is the type of person who would camp out in a bathroom stall with yancy.

But it’s not creepy to like their posts. You would not believe the difference between the likes the tweets some of our kids on visits get compared to some other kids that visit other SEC schools. I’ve seen a 4 star on a visit with us get 50 likes when they tweet a picture out of themselves in MSU gear on an unofficial with us. Seen other 4 star kids at UF, Auburn, and others get 500+.

We’ve got to get a bigger social media buzz and presence from our fan base. If you think it doesn’t matter, then you haven’t talked to a high profile recruit. It does matter to them and does influence decisions. We can’t say we want to recruit better, then say well its creepy also. There’s a fine line sure. But we have got to do better. Yes don’t tweet at recruits. But you can like their tweets, like tweets from our football programs twitter accounts and retweet their stuff.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 05:33 PM
But it’s not creepy to like their posts. You would not believe the difference between the likes the tweets some of our kids on visits get compared to some other kids that visit other SEC schools. I’ve seen a 4 star on a visit with us get 50 likes when they tweet a picture out of themselves in MSU gear on an unofficial with us. Seen other 4 star kids at UF, Auburn, and others get 500+.

We’ve got to get a bigger social media buzz and presence from our fan base. If you think it doesn’t matter, then you haven’t talked to a high profile recruit. It does matter to them and does influence decisions. We can’t say we want to recruit better, then say well its creepy also. There’s a fine line sure. But we have got to do better. Yes don’t tweet at recruits. But you can like their tweets, like tweets from our football programs twitter accounts and retweet their stuff.

I agree. Im not saying you have to go out of your way to do it or its some responsibility you owe the program but it does make a difference.

Any publicity is good publicity. Kids love social media

sleepy dawg
03-27-2018, 06:42 PM
I know it?s early, but I am blown away with the quality of out-of-State athletes we are getting on campus. Guys like Torbor the 4star receiver from Louisiana and the 4 star DE Out of Nashville are getting early crystal balls to the good guys. Again, I know it?s early, but we HARDLY EVER got any buzz like this with the previous staff. Add in the fact we seem to be getting Black back in the boat, and the wool is starting to sprout.

What the hell kind of shit is this? Someone coming here to post positive things about football recruiting? This can't be real.