PDA

View Full Version : Per Rosebowl everyone knew ******* was gone week of EB

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 08:23 AM
He was talking to Bo this morning and everyone knew Dan was out the door.

Apologies to C34.

dogshiek
03-26-2018, 08:36 AM
Rosie is our Maroon Mystical Nostradamus. Speaks in vague quatrains so that it can be interpreted later to be a prediction. It just frustrates me that if he knows something, why won't he tell it???

ckDOG
03-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Rosie is our Maroon Mystical Nostradamus. Speaks in vague quatrains so that it can be interpreted later to be a prediction. It just frustrates me that if he knows something, why won't he tell it???

People don?t buy subscriptions to be told the truth. They buy them to be told what they want to hear.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 08:38 AM

I agree.

Rosebowl could have let the cat out of the bag on his pod cast that week. Yet did not. Why?

And C34 gets some grief but he knows shit like this needs to get out.

Leroy Jenkins
03-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Rosie said he didnt report it back then because the week of the EB Will Sammon blatantly asked Don if he was going to be the coach at MSU next year and Doug replied ‘I plan to be’. Rosie said based on that comment he didnt report what he had heard because he thought sources could be wrong. Dale has a loose relationship with the truth.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/dan-mullen-said-mississippi-state-loss-egg-bowl/amp

PassInterference
03-26-2018, 08:59 AM
Program first. The good of the program is more important than being first with info.

BrunswickDawg
03-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Remember - Rosie was a key cog in the Devinner/Hack/Redmond deal. People crucified him for his reporting and how he should have kept his mouth shut for the good of the program. Can't have it both ways.

Coursesuper
03-26-2018, 09:13 AM
People don?t buy subscriptions to be told the truth. They buy them to be told what they want to hear.

Agree, the pay sites are pure propaganda.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 09:18 AM
I wonder who exactly ''everyone'' is?

Cohen? Keenum? The players? The other coaches?

See you on the 29th 2 gloves. Something tells me you may not wanna come back afterwards

fishwater99
03-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Rosie is full of it.. We call home Rosebowl for a reason..

And what's up with his dreadlocks??

thf24
03-26-2018, 09:35 AM

See you on the 29th 2 gloves. Something tells me you may not wanna come back afterwards

I was wondering the same. Some of the reactions immediately afterwards suggest they didn't, but it's hard to believe it was a complete surprise if any accurate definition of "everyone" indeed knew.

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 09:41 AM
Remember - Rosie was a key cog in the Devinner/Hack/Redmond deal. People crucified him for his reporting and how he should have kept his mouth shut for the good of the program. Can't have it both ways.

I was about to say the same thing. Because of how he puts things out I would much rather him sit on things than scoop things. Shouldn't be too much of an issue now that he and Paul aren't competitors anymore.

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 09:43 AM
I was wondering the same. Some of the reactions immediately afterwards suggest they didn't, but it's hard to believe it was a complete surprise if any accurate definition of "everyone" indeed knew.

I believe the players knew because Aeris called a meeting about some things that were going on focus wise if I remember correctly. Cohen certainly knew or at least was able to infer it after Dan didn't take the extension.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Breaking that news BEFORE the Egg Bowl served no purpose. If it had been held to afterward nobody would have been upset at the messenger when it was proven true.

Turfdawg67
03-26-2018, 10:02 AM
?And what's up with his dreadlocks???

His taste of music, hair styles or body ink has zero bearing on the topic.

shannondawg
03-26-2018, 10:04 AM
I have a short memory , did Mullet have to pay to get out of his contract with us?

Turfdawg67
03-26-2018, 10:05 AM
I have a short memory , did Mullet have to pay to get out of his contract with us?

Very small amount. Like $500K I think.

Ari Gold
03-26-2018, 10:51 AM

Yes. And it was after the Bama game. Look at the way we played in Fayetteville...

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 11:01 AM
I heard Cohen on H2H one afternoon saying he started putting a list together halfway through the season.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Yes. And it was after the Bama game. Look at the way we played in Fayetteville...

I had heard some things saying they knew he was half assing it. It def showed the last 2 games. Whats really bad as this same scenario had been going on since at least 2015

That said we still were 2 TDs better than OM, if not for the cheap shot and 5 TOs we win by at least 2 scores. Worst we played all year, Mullen sliding into UT DMs the night before the game, injury to our leader and they win by 3 pts.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 11:11 AM
If I remember what Rosebowl said this morning Dan was playing phone tag with Currie most of EB week (He wasn't focused on the EB at all). It was a done deal EB day and he (Dan) was going to tell the team after the EB he was leaving for Tennessee.

Token Bammer
03-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Just a bammer's opinion, but I wouldn't share that type of info beforehand either. In today's world, if you have legit info and come out with it ahead of time and are proven right, people just give you a high five and move along. However, if you turn out to be wrong because your info didn't materialize like originally expected (things DO change quickly sometimes), then you will be held accountable for every last word and murdered on social media, radio, TV, etc. The price of being wrong is much greater than the reward of being right. Jmo.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Just a bammer's opinion, but I wouldn't share that type of info beforehand either. In today's world, if you have legit info and come out with it ahead of time and are proven right, people just give you a high five and move along. However, if you turn out to be wrong because your info didn't materialize like originally expected (things DO change quickly sometimes), then you will be held accountable for every last word and murdered on social media, radio, TV, etc. The price of being wrong is much greater than the reward of being right. Jmo.

Good post but...

I'm going on this based on what Rosebowl said today to Bo Bounds. Rosie insinuates that everybody in the AD's office knew this was a done deal and Dan was not secretive about it. This is what was shaping EB week, not the work ethic or focus on whipping om's ass and going 9-3. The players got hung out to dry that Thursday night so Dan Mullen could stroke his ego and smirk at Cohen.

As someone posted last week: Just think what this team could have done over 9 years if Mullen had given his 100%.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Breaking that news BEFORE the Egg Bowl served no purpose. If it had been held to afterward nobody would have been upset at the messenger when it was proven true.

I broke it shortly before kickoff. It's not like the players were checking their phones on the sidelines. You got mad because you thought I was full of shit and going to be wrong. Plain and simple. Hell, you were still mad and saying I was wrong the next day

Crucifictorious
03-26-2018, 12:15 PM
This is it! The admin knew for weeks, not just the week of the Egg Bowl but for weeks prior.

FISHDAWG
03-26-2018, 12:24 PM
I agree.

Rosebowl could have let the cat out of the bag on his pod cast that week. Yet did not. Why?

And C34 gets some grief but he knows shit like this needs to get out.

Not just before the early signing period it doesn't ... I realize that it was announced prior to the early signing day but there is no need to broadcast it and make things worse ... I'm glad he didn't shout this from the mountain top at the time

msbulldog
03-26-2018, 12:25 PM
Steve said on Fridays Boneyard that the players knew before the Arkansas game Mutton was mailing it in.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Not just before the early signing period it doesn't ... I realize that it was announced prior to the early signing day but there is no need to broadcast it and make things worse ... I'm glad he didn't shout this from the mountain top at the time

It's not only that. It's the way Mullen handled it the week of EB. He effed this team with his stupid ass ego. Talking to Currie or Strick could have waited until the Friday post EB. His focus should have been this team he PROMISED he would coach again in 2018.

JoseBrown
03-26-2018, 12:42 PM
I broke it shortly before kickoff. It's not like the players were checking their phones on the sidelines. You got mad because you thought I was full of shit and going to be wrong. Plain and simple. Hell, you were still mad and saying I was wrong the next day

I know I got really pissed wen I first read it before the game, but not that it was happening or where I read it but the way he went about it. We knew he was eventually gonna get it done after years of trying. It royally pissed me off at him for 17ing us like that right before a game, well the week of the game, against them when we should kick their ass. He has a great agent that should’ve handled it with him and seen to it that it appeared to get done after the game. When I read it I assumed he could give a shit about the game and his team and that pissed me off. But I quickly calmed down then got really pissed off at those assholes for breaking Fitz’s leg.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 12:52 PM

Mullen was laying it on thick all season that he was staying. Talking to players specifically about rumors of him leaving. Then the language he had been using changed the day of the EB. It was vague and ambiguous. Up to that point his words were iron clad that he was staying and then all of a sudden he started talking like a used car salesman trying to sell you a rebuilt Mustang flooded out in Katrina. I knew right then he was gone.

NWADAWG
03-26-2018, 12:58 PM
It's not only that. It's the way Mullen handled it the week of EB. He effed this team with his stupid ass ego. Talking to Currie or Strick could have waited until the Friday post EB. His focus should have been this team he PROMISED he would coach again in 2018.

Greg Know knew weeks ahead of time too. It makes me appreciate how he prepared and coached the bowl game that much more. Maybe he should have mentored Mullen on class and work ethic.

Bodaski
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
I recall seeing Megan talking to Dan on the field after the EB and you could easily tell she was telling Mullen, "don't say a word".

thf24
03-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Greg Know knew weeks ahead of time too. It makes me appreciate how he prepared and coached the bowl game that much more. Maybe he should have mentored Mullen on class and work ethic.

Maybe it's naive of me, but I was moved by the passion of Knox's post-Gator Bowl interview. In that short clip, he really gave the impression that our program meant a lot to him and he appreciated his opportunity and time here; unlike his boss.

Commercecomet24
03-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Maybe it's naive of me, but I was moved by the passion of Knox's post-Gator Bowl interview. In that short clip, he really gave the impression that our program meant a lot to him and he appreciated his opportunity and time here; unlike his boss.

Great point! Coach Knox is pure class! Always have a spot in my heart for him. His winning pct is 1.000 as MSU Head Coach!

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 01:33 PM
I remember going to the Dawg Walk before the Egg Bowl and Dan wasn't there. I thought that was unusual at the time.

03-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Rosie is a prick and a gomer but he was a big part of bringing down the Hugh Freeze regime, which, quite frankly, was eating our lunch. He's cool in my book

And let's not act like we all knew Muffins wasn't gone on the next train out, after 2015, wasn't it obvious? I think most people sort of had a little hope due to the team we had coming back in 2018, but these coaches don't think like us fans

Ari Gold
03-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Rosie is a prick and a gomer but he was a big part of bringing down the Hugh Freeze regime, which, quite frankly, was eating our lunch. He's cool in my book

And let's not act like we all knew Muffins wasn't gone on the next train out, after 2015, wasn't it obvious? I think most people sort of had a little hope due to the team we had coming back in 2018, but these coaches don't think like us fans

Big difference is everyone knew Scott Frost was headin to Nebraska prob in October. Yet he keep grinding at UCF and finished the job he started. He owed it to the players and fans and the results paid off. I wouldn’t expected DM to coach the bowl game but he should have finished the ****ing regular season instead of mailing it in after Bama ..

BrunswickDawg
03-26-2018, 02:21 PM

I think the big surprise was that it came last season knowing he had possibly his best team ever returning.

tcdog70
03-26-2018, 02:25 PM
I think the big surprise was that it came last season knowing he had possibly his best team ever returning.

and we all hope that team-kicks His ass back to Fla. but in the long run, him bugging out is a great thing. Because all of Us Dogs bit our lip and put up with his arrogant ass will now have a Coach we can all be proud of--Who I think will take us to the next level. So that being said good 17ing riddance you arrogant Yankee ass.

fishwater99
03-26-2018, 02:43 PM
?And what's up with his dreadlocks???

His taste of music, hair styles or body ink has zero bearing on the topic.

Is that you Steve?

Political Hack
03-26-2018, 02:48 PM
That news broke here.

The news of Ole Miss?s ncaa troubles broke here.

Cann getting canned broke here.

Hell, Tiger Woods being in sex rehab in Hattiesburg broke here.

They can all pretend they knew even though this site proves it over and over again and again. We usually don?t toot our own horn like this, but it gets a little annoying when others make claims knowing damn well we broke it.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 03:25 PM
That news broke here.

They can all pretend they knew even though this site proves it over and over again and again. We usually don?t toot our own horn like this, but it gets a little annoying when others make claims knowing damn well we broke it.

I know who killed Kennedy.

Commercecomet24
03-26-2018, 03:25 PM
That news broke here.

This! There's no reason to subscribe to any paysites or go to any other site. The news is always on here first and always more accurate.

drunkernhelldawg
03-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Maybe we'd have played better had it been public.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 03:29 PM
This! There's no reason to subscribe to any paysites or go to any other site. The news is always on here first and always more accurate.

Truth! I wouldn’t give Jeanspage a Dime! They ain’t worth that much

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 03:44 PM

The team may have told him to go on to Rocky Top before the game too. Hell, he let Man Titties treat him like one of Hugh's call girls.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 04:44 PM
Program first. The good of the program is more important than being first with info.

It's probably more of a case of him blowing his horn after the fact. I doubt he knew any more than I did.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Truth! I wouldn’t give Jeanspage a Dime! They ain’t worth that much

I've never seen any reason to pay for information about my own school and I don't really think anybody should be allowed to sell it.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 04:50 PM
I've never seen any reason to pay for information about my own school and I don't really think anybody should be allowed to sell it.

I sure ain’t paying for it when I can get 10X the info on here. The stuff over there is nothing but fluffed up info. That board is a waste of internet

Coach34
03-26-2018, 05:13 PM
That news broke here.

and all we ask is for people to click a couple of ads per day

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 05:22 PM

We would have played better if they hadn't intentionally broke Fitz's leg early in the game.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 05:26 PM
We would have played better if they hadn't intentionally broke Fitz's leg early in the game.

That and if Dan would’ve been awake the first 3 quarters

HereComesTheSpiral
03-26-2018, 05:38 PM
That and if Dan would’ve been awake the first 3 quarters

The Egg Bowl pretty much summed up Dan 2012-17 whenever something went wrong, tuck tail and try and get the game over as quickly as possible while putting on the illusion that he was trying by not getting completely blown out.

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Big difference is everyone knew Scott Frost was headin to Nebraska prob in October. Yet he keep grinding at UCF and finished the job he started. He owed it to the players and fans and the results paid off. I wouldn?t expected DM to coach the bowl game but he should have finished the ****ing regular season instead of mailing it in after Bama ..

Scott Frost is how a coach should leave a program. I don't think I can recall a coach leaving for another program that did it as well as Frost did. He completely galvanized their program.

Dan did pretty much everything wrong.

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 05:43 PM
The Egg Bowl pretty much summed up Dan 2012-17 whenever something went wrong, tuck tail and try and get the game over as quickly as possible while putting on the illusion that he was trying by not getting completely blown out.

NAILED IT!

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 05:44 PM

To me that shows how Dan completely thinks down on us and lacks perspective.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:50 PM

Rep.

Saw this happen too much for me to want to remember. We will give 2 gloves a goodbye present he will never ever forget on the 29th of september

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:51 PM
To me that shows how Dan completely thinks down on us and lacks perspective.

Or he thinks it doesnt matter what we have it wont beat bama

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 05:55 PM
and all we ask is for people to click a couple of ads per day

Yes, and that's fine. I just don't see why anybody would be expected to pay for supposedly "inside" information that should be public anyway.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-26-2018, 06:35 PM

In fairness to Rosie, if you are worried about the good of the program, the finger should be pointed at those that got us put on probation. That may not be a popular opinion on here, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 07:15 PM
In fairness to Rosie, if you are worried about the good of the program, the finger should be pointed at those that got us put on probation. That may not be a popular opinion on here, but the truth hurts sometimes.

2014 for us doesnt happen without those that got us put on probation. OM doesnt get a Sugar Bowl without legendary cheating.

doesnt mean Rosey should have befriended Devinner

somebodyshotmypaw
03-26-2018, 07:28 PM
2014 for us doesnt happen without those that got us put on probation. OM doesnt get a Sugar Bowl without legendary cheating.

That's fair, and probably accurate. But cheating is just not in my blood. Hard ass work is, and it's served me well.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:33 PM
That's fair, and probably accurate. But cheating is just not in my blood. Hard ass work is, and it's served me well.

Absolutely. Winning is not worth cheating for.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 07:40 PM
Then we will never win anything in the SEC

This team in 2018 was built the same way OM, Bama, Auburn, Tenn, and others were built.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:51 PM

This team in 2018 was built the same way OM, Bama, Auburn, Tenn, and others were built.

I hope you're wrong.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 07:57 PM
I hope you're wrong.

I'm 100%. We arent Vandy anymore and not going to be for a reason. There is not a kid thats 4-star or better in the country that isnt making a "business decision" in college football or basketball in today's college athletics

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 08:02 PM
I'm 100%. We arent Vandy anymore and not going to be for a reason. There is not a kid thats 4-star or better in the country that isnt making a "business decision" in college football or basketball in today's college athletics

Yep. A little off topic, but they have got to let high school basketball players go straight to NBA again. It has screwed the game up. But I think they’re going to have to be forced to change it, because them going to college is a cop out to try to prevent “busting” a draft pick. Sorry for hijacking.

ababyatemydingo
03-26-2018, 08:04 PM

Slow down there, scooter. That was in January of 2010. This site didn?t exist then. You?re thinking about the pack. Don?t take credit for something that didn?t happen

msstatelp1
03-26-2018, 08:08 PM
I hope you're wrong.

The old saying "everybody does it" is true, it's just how obvious and to what extent.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Slow down there, scooter. That was in January of 2010. This site didn?t exist then. You?re thinking about the pack. Don?t take credit for something that didn?t happen

Hack I believe was talking about an Elitedawg that broke it on SPS. It went from the private board to SPS

ababyatemydingo
03-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Hack I believe was talking about an Elitedawg that broke it on SPS. It went from the private board to SPS

No. He said that it broke here. I didn?t misunderstand.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 08:11 PM
The old saying "everybody does it" is true, it's just how obvious and to what extent.

exactly. There's a difference in helping out a family vs providing them with hookers on their visit and moving their family to Oxford to live in a 200K house. Just follow the Bama standard of providing the head of their household with a 6 figure job.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 08:12 PM
No. He said that it broke here. I didn?t misunderstand.

ok- well I just explained to you what happened

I seen it dawg
03-26-2018, 08:29 PM

Damn chief that brought you out of the middle of nowhere.

Political Hack
03-26-2018, 09:08 PM

Technically, you’re right. But Elitedawgs has been around for much longer than just the public site. We used to be an underground black market condom company.

Activated Alpha
03-26-2018, 09:18 PM

You heard it here first folks. MSU is cheating.

TrapGame
03-26-2018, 10:28 PM
You heard it here first folks. MSU is cheating.

Damn, here comes the NCAA!***

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 10:28 PM

To Rosebowl at the time, what was "good for the program" (HIM) was for their upstart competition (BulldogJunction/247 sports) to be eliminated. He promoted a guy who actually hurt MSU- Byron DeVinner- so that he and Genespage could do that.

I think it backfired for awhile- Rosebowl was slammed by a lot of our fans over it and Paul's site on 247 flourished. And I think that's a big reason why he went after Ole Miss and Freeze so hard- because a lot of MSU fans didn't feel like he was one of us and just a guy out for himself who didn't care if his scoop or what he did hurt MSU or not.

It's water under the bridge now. But what he did would be like Yancy giving Rosebowl a platform to slam David Johnson and Ole Miss.

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 10:30 PM
exactly. There's a difference in helping out a family vs providing them with hookers on their visit and moving their family to Oxford to live in a 200K house. Just follow the Bama standard of providing the head of their household with a 6 figure job.

We drive 80 in a 70 MPH zone. Ole Miss drives 110 in 35 MPH zone.

msstatelp1
03-26-2018, 11:04 PM
We drive 80 in a 70 MPH zone. Ole Miss drives 110 in 35 MPH zone.

shooting the bird while drinking a beer. The NCAA pulls them over and makes them pour out the beer then lets them go.

Turfdawg67
03-27-2018, 08:57 AM
I remember going to the Dawg Walk before the Egg Bowl and Dan wasn't there. I thought that was unusual at the time.

He was there, one of the first ones out. Gave my son a high five.

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 10:23 AM

Why even post crap like this? Sometimes I think it?s all about you, not MSU. This needs to be deleted, but I know it won’t be.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Because it’s true and the NCAA doesn’t give a shit as long as you stay in your lane.

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Because it’s true and the NCAA doesn’t give a shit as long as you stay in your lane.

And as long as the SEC has refs, we will be kept in our lane.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Why even post crap like this? Sometimes I think it?s all about you, not MSU. This needs to be deleted, but I know it won’t be.

Also I do it to try and educate people.

You know why we didn’t get Marlon Humphrey- 5 star DB? The kid that wanted to go somewhere else and make a name for himself instead of being Bobby Humphrey’s Son at Bama? Because Bobby would lose his job if Humphrey had signed with us. People need to understand it’s not just about picking a school with these kids- it’s a business decision that affects them and their families

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Also I do it to try and educate people.

You know why we didn’t get Marlon Humphrey- 5 star DB? The kid that wanted to go somewhere else and make a name for himself instead of being Bobby Humphrey’s Son at Bama? Because Bobby would lose his job if Humphrey had signed with us. People need to understand it’s not just about picking a school with these kids- it’s a business decision that affects them and their families
People DO understand it. Loose lips sink ships.

Coach34
03-27-2018, 02:20 PM
People DO understand it. Loose lips sink ships.

We've already had people in this thread said they would rather lose than operate like other SEC schools- they obviously didnt understand it.
Many Stands supporters would be shocked at his recruiting tactics. The fact is that too many in our fanbase are naive amd not doing their part to help our teams be the best they can be.

Nobody is being loose. Nothing specific is being talked about. All thats being said is that we do indeed operate in some of the same ways that other SEC programs do.

BuckyIsAB****
03-27-2018, 04:57 PM
We've already had people in this thread said they would rather lose than operate like other SEC schools- they obviously didnt understand it.
Many Stands supporters would be shocked at his recruiting tactics. The fact is that too many in our fanbase are naive amd not doing their part to help our teams be the best they can be.

Nobody is being loose. Nothing specific is being talked about. All thats being said is that we do indeed operate in some of the same ways that other SEC programs do.

I agree w this. State people love to claim the moral high ground, and thats great. We should all strive for that in life.

But as the great Bear Bryant wrote in his book ''If others were doing it I would tell my boosters to match the competition.''

Im not calling for cheating, esp to the extent OM did but....... Im saying do what we have to do.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 06:04 PM
I agree w this. State people love to claim the moral high ground, and thats great. We should all strive for that in life.

But as the great Bear Bryant wrote in his book ''If others were doing it I would tell my boosters to match the competition.''

Im not calling for cheating, esp to the extent OM did but....... Im saying do what we have to do.

Exactly. Our fans are too nice and incredibly na?ve.

There's a fine line between ethics and getting bullied and not doing anything about it. If you don't hit the bully back they're going to keep taking advantage of you.