PDA

View Full Version : Say it aint so Joe- no white helmets

Coach34
03-25-2018, 05:35 PM
seeing all these uniform pics with recruits in white helmets. Thats a no-no Jo-Jo

vv83
03-25-2018, 05:41 PM
seeing all these uniform pics with recruits in white helmets. Thats a no-no Jo-Jo

If recruits think white helmets are cool, then white helmets it is

Coach34
03-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Nobody with any sense thinks white helmets are cool

PassInterference
03-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Uncomfortable sigh.

shoeless joe
03-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Day ruined...

MetEdDawg
03-25-2018, 05:55 PM

Welcome to dealing with teenagers. If we are smart, which I think we are, we are getting the teenagers input on this stuff for when other kids come in.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2018, 05:56 PM

So does the team

AROB44
03-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Oh the horror.....white helmets. I guess C34 and a few others are the only ones with any sense. Mankind is doomed!

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Love coach Joe, but he needs to leave the Penn State stuff in State College.

We are an established program with no need of a rebranding. MSU doesn’t where white helmets unless it’s once a year or so for a road game.

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 06:05 PM
I don't care as long as we stay away from black uniforms. **

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 06:06 PM

We are an established program with no need of a rebranding. MSU doesn’t where white helmets unless it’s once a year or so for a road game.

Really? I thought they'd been around forever.

msstatelp1
03-25-2018, 06:07 PM
I don't care as long as we stay away from black uniforms and white helmets. **

FTFY

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 06:08 PM
FTFY

Cool. I think ....

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 06:11 PM

That's not Penn State we've worn white helmets since Jackie Wayne. And, we loved it then and players still love them now. I wish we would have worn them all year.

PassInterference
03-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Some people here are not true maroon.

Coach34
03-25-2018, 06:20 PM
That's not Penn State we've worn white helmets since Jackie Wayne. And, we loved it then and players still love them now. I wish we would have worn them all year.

We wore them in the 1960's and since then have used them sporadically. They are awful looking. I know players may like them and once a season is ok with me- but like Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, etc- they dont change their helmets. We shouldnt either

Bully13
03-25-2018, 06:27 PM
the way we do ours sux. they are so ugly and so not cool. with Penn State, they go pretty plain jane and have a kinda cool look to them. I can't believe the players like our white helmets. our white helmets have always sucked.

Bully13
03-25-2018, 06:28 PM
We wore them in the 1960's and since then have used them sporadically. They are awful looking. I know players may like them and once a season is ok with me- but like Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, etc- they dont change their helmets. We shouldnt either

thank you. identity and shit.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-25-2018, 06:35 PM

Oklahoma has white helmets they break out every now and then

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 06:36 PM
1999 = Best MSU uniform season ever. Also best MSU team ever since the 1940's.

Dawgface
03-25-2018, 06:40 PM
I figured a drastic change was coming. Seems like that is the norm everytime we change coaches.

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 06:44 PM

All those teams are national title household names. We are non of those, just saying. It's an apples to watermelon comparison.

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 06:45 PM
I figured a drastic change was coming. Seems like that is the norm everytime we change coaches.

I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures with our guys wearing maroon helmets too. I'm not expecting a lot of uniform changes personally.

If anything, we may get a silver jersey or something like that and I hope we go back to the Black 1999 uniform that we wore in 2015 for Kentucky instead of the patriotic black jersey. I also hope we bring back the Egg Bowl uniforms for 2019 at least if not this year as well.

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 06:46 PM

This is common for most schools.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2018, 06:47 PM

We wore white helmets twice last year & have at least once or twice for the last 3-4yrs let's not act like JoeMo is bringing some new Penn St tradition.

ETA: we've been wearing maroon helmets at practice. My guess is recruits think the white helmets look fresher for their pics.

TNDawg35
03-25-2018, 06:56 PM
I love the matte white helmets. Best looking one in my opinion....

Homedawg
03-25-2018, 07:00 PM

We are an established program with no need of a rebranding. MSU doesn?t where white helmets unless it?s once a year or so for a road game.

Established program might be a tad strong

Gutter Cobreh
03-25-2018, 07:01 PM
My guess is recruits think the white helmets look fresher for their pics.

I suspect this as well.

Coach34
03-25-2018, 07:10 PM
All those teams are national title household names. We are non of those, just saying. It's an apples to watermelon comparison.

Georgia doesnt change their helmet
South Carolina isnt changing their helmets often
UPig doesnt change theirs much
Neither does TCU

its about being consistent and instilling your brand

Gutter Cobreh
03-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Neither does TCU

Horseshit. You’re sounding like Shotgun with this thread. If a recruit wants a pink helmet, give the guy a pink helmet; who the hell cares?

Brands are instilled when the games are played. What does the “average joe” remember from last year’s game at UGA when we played in prime time? The fact we got absolutely destroyed or the color of our uniforms?

Liverpooldawg
03-25-2018, 07:21 PM
Neither does TCU

Like Oregon I guess. Non issue

Coach34
03-25-2018, 07:25 PM
and Oregon does what? They lost in the Las Vegas Bowl this past season

basedog
03-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Can?t believe y?all are bitching bout helmets.

Never seen a helmet score or make a tackle, helmets y?all talking boy helmets?

Sic!

BrunswickDawg
03-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Neither does TCU

South Carolina has 3 different helmets - garnet, white, and black

TCU has white, blue, black, and camo

UPig has red and chrome

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-25-2018, 07:35 PM

Here we go again...YOU OPINION DOES NOT RULE OVER EVERYONE ELSES. Get over it. He can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Neither does TCU

WE ARE NOT GEORGIA
WE ARE NOT USCE
WE ARE NOT UPIG
WE ARE NOT TCU..

Not every brand is the same. Our brand is fine.

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 07:37 PM
White helmets? Not those butt-ugly ones we’ve worn before I hope.

Coach34
03-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Here we go again...YOU OPINION DOES NOT RULE OVER EVERYONE ELSES. Get over it. He can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

OH MY GOD YOU TYPED IN ALL CAPS. YOU ARE AWESOME. **** YOU. I LOVE MAROON HELMETS

Pit Bull
03-25-2018, 07:39 PM

Lovin' me some white!! Look good! I think we should wear about 4 different colored helmets during the season. Maroon, White, Black, & Silver. Keep everybody on their toes! If we're good, we can beat anybody in any color.

Bothrops
03-25-2018, 07:44 PM
If we use white helmets I'm quitting. But really, we might as well do away with maroon and adopt black or gray in its place, if we do. Black..gray...white.. chants in the stadium, I can hear them now. If we go to white helmets we better damn well win the SEC.

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Delete

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Neither does TCU

Previous posts have already addressed those teams mentioned wearing different colored helmets. Let's be honest Mullen is the most familiar brand that people remember for MSU football. We haven't won anything to have a brand. We've been too inconsistent to establish one.

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2018, 08:28 PM
Established program might be a tad strong

Disagree

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2018, 08:30 PM

Well, I guess as long as MSU people look at their program this way, it will remain true.

Lord McBuckethead
03-25-2018, 08:45 PM
I love the matte white helmets. Best looking one in my opinion....

Yep. Matte white are the best white helmet.

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Previous posts have already addressed those teams mentioned wearing different colored helmets. Let's be honest Mullen is the most familiar brand that people remember for MSU football. We haven't won anything to have a brand. We've been too inconsistent to establish one.

We've been to eight bowls in a row.

PMDawg
03-25-2018, 09:02 PM

We are an established program with no need of a rebranding. MSU doesn?t where white helmets unless it?s once a year or so for a road game.

Kennedy to Louisville!

PMDawg
03-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Well, I guess as long as MSU people look at their program this way, it will remain true.

If all the fans were more like you, we would have sooooo many NCs by now!

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 09:08 PM
If I was the MSU fashion coordinator this is what I what do and how I would do it.

1. I would buy back the interlocking MSU logo. I don't care if LT likes M-State and that's the real reason why we use it. I would have MSU take it out of my salary since you can do that when you are paid 2.5 million a year.

2. Maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, white pants for home games against SEC West teams not named Ole Miss and home games against in state teams- USM, Jackson State, Alcorn, and Valley. Also wear this when we are the home team in a bowl game or Kickoff Classic.

3. Maroon helmets, white jerseys, white pants for road games against SEC West teams and USM. We're never going to play the SWAC teams on the road in my lifetime. Or maybe the Earth's lifetime either. Use this uniform combination when we are the road team in a bowl game or Kickoff Classic.

4. Egg Bowl uniforms for at the very least home Egg Bowls. Gold helmets, maroon jerseys, maroon pants like we wore in 2013. Like the last time we won the Egg Bowl in Starkville and also the also the last time we had a coach that gave a shit during the Egg Bowl in Starkville.

5. Maroon helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants for home SEC East games.

6. Maroon helmet, white jersey, silver pants for road SEC East games.

7. All maroon uniforms for homecoming. Preferably an OOC team.

8. Maroon helmet, white jersey, maroon pants for OOC road games that don't involve USM.

9. Black out against an OOC team. Preferably let the SEC know we want this game at night if at all possible.

10. Maroon helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants against any other remaining OOC opponent. If Adidas wants to do something goofy in the remaining OOC game I wouldn't like it but I'd rather them do it here than a conference game.

Homedawg
03-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Disagree

Now there's a shock....

yjnkdawg
03-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Really? I thought they'd been around forever.

They have been.

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 09:14 PM
If I was the MSU fashion coordinator this is what I what do and how I would do it.

1. I would buy back the interlocking MSU logo. I don't care if LT likes M-State and that's the real reason why we use it. I would have MSU take it out of my salary since you can do that when you are paid 2.5 million a year.

2. Maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, white pants for home games against SEC West teams not named Ole Miss and home games against in state teams- USM, Jackson State, Alcorn, and Valley. Also wear this when we are the home team in a bowl game or Kickoff Classic.

3. Maroon helmets, white jerseys, white pants for road games against SEC West teams and USM. We're never going to play the SWAC teams on the road in my lifetime. Or maybe the Earth's lifetime either. Use this uniform combination when we are the road team in a bowl game or Kickoff Classic.

4. Egg Bowl uniforms for at the very least home Egg Bowls. Gold helmets, maroon jerseys, maroon pants like we wore in 2013. Like the last time we won the Egg Bowl in Starkville and also the also the last time we had a coach that gave a shit during the Egg Bowl in Starkville.

8. Maroon helmet, white jersey, maroon pants for OOC road games that don't involve USM.

9. Black out against an OOC team. Preferably let the SEC know we want this game at night if at all possible.

10. Maroon helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants against any other remaining OOC opponent. If Adidas wants to do something goofy in the remaining OOC game I wouldn't like it but I'd rather them do it here than a conference game.
Agree on most of that. I don’t think people use “home” or “away” uniforms anymore.
They just say, “I feel like wearing ______ for this game. Let’s do that.” But we need set uniforms; we wear this for home, that for road, etc.

Homedawg
03-25-2018, 09:15 PM

I don't give a happy damn what we wear if we win like national powers. I have an opinion on uniforms like everyone else, but at the end of the day, the unis are for the players and therefore, it really doesn't make that big of a deal to me at least.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2018, 09:21 PM
My favorite uniforms and helmets were the 1999 Jackie ones , but if the recruits or our players like some of these other (Adidas) designed uniforms and white helmets, etc., it's for them and not us.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Kennedy to Louisville!

Oh, and add Aaron Brule to ARK. ***

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Agree on most of that. I don’t think people use “home” or “away” uniforms anymore.
They just say, “I feel like wearing ______ for this game. Let’s do that.” But we need set uniforms; we wear this for home, that for road, etc.

Actually there are rules about jerseys. To my understanding for teams like LSU and Georgia Tech that like to wear white jerseys at home they have to get approval from the opponent to do so. We've been kind of asses about it to LSU before where we have worn white jerseys for a couple of home games against them because of that. It didn't work out very well for us on the field.

One game that I think is kind of cool is USC and UCLA. If I'm not mistaken they traditionally both wear their home jerseys when they play each other. I think the penalty for wearing an unapproved jersey is the team loses a timeout in the first half.

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 09:33 PM
My favorite uniforms and helmets were the 1999 Jackie ones , but if the recruits or our players like some of these other (Adidas) designed uniforms and white helmets, etc., it's for them and not us.

It's for ALL of us. We're ALL in the MSU family. I'm not saying that the players thoughts and what they want to wear should be totally discredited but at the same time I don't think it's right to just discredit the fans and alumni either. I think there can be compromise between the two.

Heck, I remember last year two of our recruits had an interlocking MSU helmet on the table when they signed their LOI with us. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of the players like what a lot of us like. I've seen recruits take pictures with both maroon and white helmets and all kinds of uniform combinations. And I've seen a lot with both maroon and white helmets when they're taking pictures and putting them on Twitter.

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 09:34 PM
We've been to eight bowls in a row.

Right. Due to Mullen and he's gone that's been our brand.

bulldawg28
03-25-2018, 09:36 PM

Winning and longevity creates a brand. What has the football team done to create a brand outside of Mullen? Nothing wrong with trying new things.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Why do recruits in pictures wearing white helmets cause such a major uproar for some? Has JoeMo said he is going to change our uniforms and helmets to reflect what Penn State has? I don't believe he has................................. Coach JoeMo is in desperate need for some advice, from some on here, so he will make sure and make the correct decisions.***

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Actually there are rules about jerseys. To my understanding for teams like LSU and Georgia Tech that like to wear white jerseys at home they have to get approval from the opponent to do so. We've been kind of asses about it to LSU before where we have worn white jerseys for a couple of home games against them because of that. It didn't work out very well for us on the field.

One game that I think is kind of cool is USC and UCLA. If I'm not mistaken they traditionally both wear their home jerseys when they play each other. I think the penalty for wearing an unapproved jersey is the team loses a timeout in the first half.
Didn’t know that. I feel like an idiot

Dawgface
03-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Some like maroon...some like white and some like the silver. It wouldn't bother me if we went with all three 1/3 each. Just don't eliminate the maroon one's completely. I'm not as set in my ways as I used to be. ;)

BorneDawg
03-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Don't care the color as long as we don't go back to the interlocking MSJ logo!

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Why do recruits in pictures wearing white helmets cause such a major uproar for some? Has JoeMo said he is going to change our uniforms and helmets to reflect what Penn State has? I don't believe he has................................. Coach JoeMo is in desperate need for some advice, from some on here, so he will make sure and make the correct decisions.***

Actually, even though we got Joe from Penn State I would imagine that he is much more ingrained at Fordham. Based on the Fordham uniform combinations- I'm not too worried about the maroon helmets going anywhere.

Todd4State
03-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Didn’t know that. I feel like an idiot

It's not a commonly known rule.

ckDOG
03-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Just ****ing win.

CadaverDawg
03-25-2018, 11:54 PM
1. Most likely the kids chose white for pics
2. I doubt we wear them more than a time or two (like the last few years)
3. As long as we don’t go Penn State look like Croom tried to make us look like Bama-lite, I’m fine with whatever.

As long as Joe knows we are not a program for him to turn into Penn St, We are Mississippi State....he’s cool in my book. That Croom shit scarred me, so just don’t let us show up with plain white helmets with no logo or I’ll go apeshit.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:35 AM

I can think of at least 3 different OU helmets baker mayfield worn in his time there alone. You?re flat wrong about that. Alternate helmets/uniforms are the norm in college football now. Way more teams change them up than only use one.

As for our whites, I love them. We are maroon and white. It makes sense. The silver I hate. Looks bad and doesn?t fit our color scheme.

ETA- I think every single SEC team outside of Bama, Auburn, and UGA use alternate jerseys and helmets.

Matty Dispatch
03-26-2018, 06:16 AM

One thing our marketing department needs to do is hold off on announcing which games are which until we know game times. They announce the black out in August every year and then by the time we get there the SEC says it's an 11:00 game.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 07:53 AM

White helmets are badass

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Horseshit. You?re sounding like Shotgun with this thread. If a recruit wants a pink helmet, give the guy a pink helmet; who the hell cares?

Brands are instilled when the games are played. What does the ?average joe? remember from last year?s game at UGA when we played in prime time? The fact we got absolutely destroyed or the color of our uniforms?

I will shave my nuts every week if white helmets is the determining factor in a recruits decision. However you don't want to piss off the people like me who buys tickets and donate to the bull dog club.

Ticket buyers, bull dog club contributors and big donors are just as important.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 09:14 AM
I will shave my nuts every week if white helmets is the determining factor in a recruits decision. However you don't want to piss off the people like me who buys tickets and donate to the bull dog club.

Ticket buyers, bull dog club contributors and big donors are just as important.

If donations and ticket purchasers like yourself are influenced by helmet color, you?re a p****, not a real fan, and we are better without you.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 09:20 AM
If donations and ticket purchasers like yourself are influenced by helmet color, you?re a p****, not a real fan, and we are better without you.

You lose enough boosters the program is ****ed. All I am saying they should listen to the ticket buyers and boosters. I get the call several times a year for money. I don't like white helmets. Will I stop donating or buying tickets no. Hell I made through Croom. I am just saying that our opinion matters.

Fist game next season meet me and call me a ***** to my face.

AusTexDawg
03-26-2018, 10:02 AM

Here's a little more background about USC/UCLA both wearing color jerseys (http://thecomeback.com/thestudentsection/2014/uniforms-of-the-week-usc-and-ucla-continue-a-colorful-tradition.html) and the current rules, in case anyone is interested:

The tradition of both teams wearing home uniforms goes back decades in the series history. USC and UCLA each played home games in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum from 1928 through 1981. Because both schools called the Coliseum home, both teams wore their home uniforms when the two met in a game...

Part of the reason this practice of wearing road uniforms also continued was due to an NCAA rule requiring road teams to wear a contrasting color of the home team's uniforms, which typically meant road teams were expected to wear white uniforms. This rule is also why LSU has been able to wear white uniforms at home. The rule did not require the home team to wear a colored jersey, just that the road team must wear a contrasting color...

The following season, back in the Rose Bowl in 2012, UCLA stuck to its traditional home look and USC suited up in its home uniforms once again. By now the NCAA had adjusted its rules regarding uniform choices, allowing road teams and home teams to agree to allow for uniforms like this in any particular game without penalty*.

*I don't think this change negated the rule about contrasting colors completely. While it's not a problem for powder blue UCLA and cardinal USC, I don't think both "home" jerseys are allowed for teams with similar colors like if MSU were playing Alabama, much less A&M.

Tbonewannabe
03-26-2018, 10:59 AM
It's for ALL of us. We're ALL in the MSU family. I'm not saying that the players thoughts and what they want to wear should be totally discredited but at the same time I don't think it's right to just discredit the fans and alumni either. I think there can be compromise between the two.

Heck, I remember last year two of our recruits had an interlocking MSU helmet on the table when they signed their LOI with us. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of the players like what a lot of us like. I've seen recruits take pictures with both maroon and white helmets and all kinds of uniform combinations. And I've seen a lot with both maroon and white helmets when they're taking pictures and putting them on Twitter.

That was probably more to do with what MSU helmet the school could get. I seriously doubt any recruits would go out of their way to get a helmet that hasn't been worn in over a decade because they liked it. I am not saying it is impossible because it could be the helmet that a family member or friend.

I think everyone that is so gung ho about the MSJ logo is definitely thinking back to winning the West and Peach Bowl when in actuality we used those helmets for less than a decade. We did have the MSU style helmet from 1979 - 2003 but there was the ugly ass MSU bubble letter in there for several years. That logo was the worst in my opinion because it looked like a 10 year old girl drew it.

I honestly wouldn't care if we went back to the MSJ logo but now all of our highlights of being ranked #1 and of Dak all are going to have the MState logo. Whether you like it or not, the MState is a lot more recognizable nationwide than MSU now. ESPN and other nationwide sports reporting also refers to Michigan State as MSU so there is confusion there.

NCDawg
03-26-2018, 11:29 AM

I like 1, 2, and 3. The rest, no. If Joe wants us to use a version of the Penn State uniforms, I guess it would be ok with me; white helmet with maroon stripe (nothing else-no numbers), plain maroon jerseys, white pants, and black shoes at home and plain white on white on the road.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 03:57 PM
You lose enough boosters the program is ****ed. All I am saying they should listen to the ticket buyers and boosters. I get the call several times a year for money. I don't like white helmets. Will I stop donating or buying tickets no. Hell I made through Croom. I am just saying that our opinion matters.

Fist game next season meet me and call me a ***** to my face.

I?ll gladly say it to your face if the determining factor for you, or any other donor/season ticket holder, for not donating or re-purchasing is helmet color. And it would be accurate. If the players, students, and recruits all like it, embrace it.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:01 PM
I will say it a different way; it is insanely hypocritical to hate on the younger generation for caring about new jerseys/helmets/?swag? when it comes to players and recruits, while in the same breath implying that boosters and ticket holders will back out bc of caring about those same things. Grow up.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 04:01 PM
I?ll gladly say it to your face if the determining factor for you, or any other donor/season ticket holder, for not donating or re-purchasing is helmet color. And it would be accurate. If the players, students, and recruits all like it, embrace it.

We can make it a done deal. People are brave behind key board. I am brave in any situation. With that said why do you feel necessary to call names on this board? Go back to Six Pack Speak if you want to do that. Like I said Game Day.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:05 PM
We can make it a done deal.

You let me know what tent you will watch the game from in protest bc of a helmet color, and I will be sure to chirp ya on my way into Davis wade to support.

WyldStallyns
03-26-2018, 04:06 PM

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2015/11/28/0ap3000000589541/south-carolina-vs-clemson-nov-28_pg_600.jpg

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-florida/58l4f/picture44902362/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/uffoot(11)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nvp%2BbzZwL._SX466_.jpg

https://www.gameday-collectibles.com/images/P/south%20caro.jpg

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 04:08 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2015/11/28/0ap3000000589541/south-carolina-vs-clemson-nov-28_pg_600.jpg

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-florida/58l4f/picture44902362/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/uffoot(11)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nvp%2BbzZwL._SX466_.jpg

https://www.gameday-collectibles.com/images/P/south%20caro.jpg

I just don't want that Croom ugly.

smootness
03-26-2018, 04:09 PM
I love that we've all jumped to the conclusion that he's trying to make us like Penn State.

The man has spent 2 years of his 20+ year career at Penn State.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 04:11 PM
I love that we've all jumped to the conclusion that he's trying to make us like Penn State.

The man has spent 2 years of his 20+ year career at Penn State.

Chances are they bought those helmets for spring practice.

WyldStallyns
03-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Neither does TCU

http://i.imgur.com/biDDZ5U.png

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tcu1-620x348.jpg

https://fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2015/09/ncaa-football-stephen-f.-austin-texas-christian1.jpg

https://www.tcu360.com/wp-content/uploads/old/media/2015/nid34147/fid28734.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDY4WDUwMA==/z/SvIAAOxydlFSsRZr/$_3.JPG?set_id=2

WyldStallyns
03-26-2018, 04:15 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1943821/20131123_jla_bf1_104.0_standard_783.0.jpg

https://res.cloudinary.com/cmgverticals/image/upload/c_crop,g_north_west,h_548,w_1045,x_0,y_10/c_fill,h_628,q_80,w_1200/e_sharpen,f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1506192549/arkansas_ur9kct.jpg

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Screen-Shot-2015-08-29-at-8.52.13-AM.png

WyldStallyns
03-26-2018, 04:19 PM

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/USATSI_5521158-620x544-610x535.jpg

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/icon_15669063-620x818.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JtYPVewCHco/TiemQF582tI/AAAAAAAAAR0/3diKlavvDxE/s1600/georgiablackout1.jpg

So just to recap, every school mentioned has worn at least three different helmets in the last four years.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 04:24 PM
You let me know what tent you will watch the game from in protest bc of a helmet color, and I will be sure to chirp ya on my way into Davis wade to support.

I never said I would be in a tent. I don't tail gate. I will be in stadium but we can meet prior to me going in. Like I said i survived those ugly ass white Croom helmets. I will always buy tickets and go to games regardless but season ticket holders opinion should be taking into account.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 04:29 PM
http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/USATSI_5521158-620x544-610x535.jpg

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/icon_15669063-620x818.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JtYPVewCHco/TiemQF582tI/AAAAAAAAAR0/3diKlavvDxE/s1600/georgiablackout1.jpg

So just to recap, every school mentioned has worn at least three different helmets in the last four years.

Those UGA black helmets are sick

Coach34
03-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Those teams do it about once a year. As I said earlier in thread- a white helmet once a year is fine.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Goodness. Is there a way to decrease picture size?

drunkernhelldawg
03-26-2018, 04:39 PM
I remember the chair harassing one of our ladies for a tatoo not covered when I was assistant volleyball coach. I'll never forget my pal, our head coach, saying to the chair, "What is this? A fashion show or a volleyball match?" The chair straightened up and extended her arm. Ready for serve.

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Those UGA black helmets are sick

Is that good or bad?

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 04:40 PM

I’m a fan of these.

RocketDawg
I remember the chair harassing one of our ladies for a tatoo not covered when I was assistant volleyball coach. I'll never forget my pal, our head coach, saying to the chair, "What is this? A fashion show or a volleyball match?" The chair straightened up and extended her arm. Ready for serve.

I agree with the chair.

BuckyIsAB****
Is that good or bad?

Good old timer

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 04:41 PM
Good old timer

Haha.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:43 PM
I never said I would be in a tent. I don't tail gate. I will be in stadium but we can meet prior to me going in. Like I said i survived those ugly ass white Croom helmets. I will always buy tickets and go to games regardless but season ticket holders opinion should be taking into account.

I understand what you?re saying and I agree to an extent. But what I think you are missing about what I?m saying is a) the hypocrisy of acting like the younger generation is self absorbed/involved/whatever for caring about uniforms and helmets while bitching about it yourselves (not just you) and b) that if someone?s status as a ticket holder or donator hinges on helmet colors, they aren?t a fan I want associated with the program in the first place. Which is what you implied in the first place. If someone is really going to not donate bc we wore ****ing white helmets, good, we will be better without them

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Those teams do it about once a year. As I said earlier in thread- a white helmet once a year is fine.

Neither does TCU

a) that isn?t what you said earlier in the thread. You were no where near that specific and clearly are changing the goal posts bc you?re wrong b) good on ya for getting this many clicks in a thread. But still, ya know, you?re wrong. Everyone bar a very very small handful changes helmets more than once a year.

ETA- TCU sells 3 different versions of their purple jersey alone on their website. I?d love to see the conniption if we had 3 different maroon jerseys in 2017 alone

Coach34
03-26-2018, 04:50 PM
a) that isn?t what you said earlier in the thread. You were no where near that specific and clearly are changing the goal posts bc you?re wrong b) good on ya for getting this many clicks in a thread. But still, ya know, you?re wrong. Everyone bar a very very small handful changes helmets more than once a year.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:51 PM

Except they do. Just as OFTEN and AS MUCH as we do

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Even Notre Dame, who, like them or not, probably has the most recognizable ?brand? in college football wears alternates. Get with the times.

Coach34
03-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Except they do. Just as OFTEN and AS MUCH as we do

no they dont. Those are pics of helmets over the last few years- not just last season.

NCDawg
03-26-2018, 05:04 PM
I?m a fan of these.

I don't think Kirby Smart changed the Georgia uniforms any last year. Think he wants to establish a tradition at Georgia, like Saban at Alabama.

TUSK
03-26-2018, 05:05 PM

Point of note, buddy... Bammer went to white helmets twice (that I can recall)... one year in the early 60s and again under Perkins in 1983... the latter was an abomination and Perkins should have been tarred & feathered, drawn & quartered, boiled in oil & strongly chastised, even... IMO...

Oh, and get off my lawn.***

bulldawg28
03-26-2018, 05:08 PM
Chances are they bought those helmets for spring practice.

No, we have white helmets.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Point of note, buddy... Bammer went to white helmets twice (that I can recall)... one year in the early 60s and again under Perkins in 1983... the latter was an abomination and Perkins should have been tarred & feathered, drawn & quartered, boiled in oil & strongly chastised, even... IMO...

Oh, and get off my lawn.***

The bear bryant white helmets were nice. you better not put those down or you go to bama hell with mike price

99jc
03-26-2018, 05:12 PM
Oklahoma has white helmets they break out every now and then

I don't give a flying 17 what color our helmets are as long as we win the SEC.

TUSK
03-26-2018, 05:15 PM
The bear bryant white helmets were nice. you better not put those down or you go to bama hell with mike price

No doubt, they were pretty sweet... but Bear coulda put them boys in sequin helmets and we bammers woulda been on board....

https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=63316434

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 05:22 PM
I understand what you?re saying and I agree to an extent. But what I think you are missing about what I?m saying is a) the hypocrisy of acting like the younger generation is self absorbed/involved/whatever for caring about uniforms and helmets while bitching about it yourselves (not just you) and b) that if someone?s status as a ticket holder or donator hinges on helmet colors, they aren?t a fan I want associated with the program in the first place. Which is what you implied in the first place. If someone is really going to not donate bc we wore ****ing white helmets, good, we will be better without them

I never said I was not going to donate or stop buying season tickets. All I was saying they need booster and season ticket buyers and our opinions should matter. It is however obvious that they don't really care about what I think. I still will donate and buy tickets.

I wonder how much Cohen opinion factors in?

The only reason I got angry is you called me a *****. I am not a *****. I spent five years active duty in the Marine Corp proving other wise. I don't think you would call me a ***** face to face. Not that you are scare I just don't think most people are that way. I will meet you on game. I don't drink Alcohol but I am not above buying a beer for someone.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 05:24 PM
I never said I was not going to donate or stop buying season tickets. All I was saying they need booster and season ticket buyers and our opinions should matter. It is however obvious that they don't really care about what I think. I still will donate and buy tickets.

The only reason I got angry is you called me a *****. I am not a *****. I spent five years active duty in the Marine Corp proving other wise. I don't think you would call me a ***** face to face. Not that you are not scare I just don't think most people are that way. I will meet you on game. I don't drink Alcohol but I am not above buying a beer for someone.

I apologize if that seemed only directed at you. Wasn?t the intention. I simply meant anyone who wouldn?t buy/donate bc of a helmet being white when we chant maroon/white is a petulant child. I?d buy you a drink as well, apologies for anything personal.

smootness
03-26-2018, 05:35 PM
no they dont. Those are pics of helmets over the last few years- not just last season.

But we’re talking about a change for next year and you brought up SC as a team who apparently doesn’t do that much. They change their base helmet color like every freakin year.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:48 PM
No doubt, they were pretty sweet... but Bear coulda put them boys in sequin helmets and we bammers woulda been on board....

https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=63316434

he made joe namath wear those when he got suspended

Todd4State
03-26-2018, 06:20 PM

The only reason I got angry is you called me a *****. I am not a *****. I spent five years active duty in the Marine Corp proving other wise. I don't think you would call me a ***** face to face. Not that you are scare I just don't think most people are that way. I will meet you on game. I don't drink Alcohol but I am not above buying a beer for someone.

I would imagine that the athletic department has a LOT of input into the uniforms. Probably more than the players that allegedly "like" whatever the fans don't like if I had to guess.

preachermatt83
03-26-2018, 06:20 PM

Jack is an old marine If I'm not mistaken... I don't think u realize what you are stepping off in. Don't say u were not warned.

preachermatt83
03-26-2018, 06:26 PM
I apologize if that seemed only directed at you. Wasn?t the intention. I simply meant anyone who wouldn?t buy/donate bc of a helmet being white when we chant maroon/white is a petulant child. I?d buy you a drink as well, apologies for anything personal.

Apologies.. wise man.

TUSK
03-26-2018, 06:26 PM

Jack, we got enough cats here to put together us a FireTeam, ya reckon??? McCain31 was a DevilDawg, too... any others???

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 07:37 PM

Semper

WyldStallyns
03-26-2018, 07:44 PM

All the schools you listed either used more helmets or the same number as we did (UGA and MSU both used 3) from 2014-2017.

Helmets 2014-2017
UGA: 3
TCU: 5+
USCE: 4
ARK: 4

MSU: 3

RocketDawg
03-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Jack, we got enough cats here to put together us a FireTeam, ya reckon??? McCain31 was a DevilDawg, too... any others???

Nah, I was in the service that you guys report to. **

I seen it dawg
03-26-2018, 08:41 PM
All you prover wrongs and fist fighters click some ads.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Nah, I was in the service that you guys report to. **

And thank you for the rides.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Semper

Ooh Rah!

Jack Lambert
03-26-2018, 09:01 PM

No apology needed. I apologize for making a ass of my self.

Pit Bull
03-27-2018, 02:39 AM
I can think of at least 3 different OU helmets baker mayfield worn in his time there alone. You?re flat wrong about that. Alternate helmets/uniforms are the norm in college football now. Way more teams change them up than only use one.

As for our whites, I love them. We are maroon and white. It makes sense. The silver I hate. Looks bad and doesn?t fit our color scheme.

ETA- I think every single SEC team outside of Bama, Auburn, and UGA use alternate jerseys and helmets.

BAMA is the ONLY SEC team I have never seen wear any promotion or special jersey/helmet. I have seen UGA wear solid black jerseys and I think Auburn once wore a digital military jersey at a home game.......but BAMA......never. BAMA has never changed their uniforms one iota for any occasion.....not even pink shoes or socks for cancer awareness.

Todd4State
03-27-2018, 07:34 AM
BAMA is the ONLY SEC team I have never seen wear any promotion or special jersey/helmet. I have seen UGA wear solid black jerseys and I think Auburn once wore a digital military jersey at a home game.......but BAMA......never. BAMA has never changed their uniforms one iota for any occasion.....not even pink shoes or socks for cancer awareness.

Alabama has worn them before but it was very subtle. I think they had houndstooth engrained into a special uniform once but it looked white like their normal uniforms.

AusTexDawg
03-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Alabama has worn them before but it was very subtle. I think they had houndstooth engrained into a special uniform once but it looked white like their normal uniforms.

http://www.nikeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-5.jpg

HereComesTheSpiral
03-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Oh look, Marines sucking each other off****

Jack Lambert
03-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Oh look, Marines sucking each other off****

He said Marines not army or air force.

RocketDawg
03-27-2018, 06:01 PM

That just shows that it's the administration, not the players wishes, that make the decisions. Bama players are higher rated, but as far as liking "kid" stuff they're just like anybody else. So we wouldn't be doing it either based solely on what the "kids" want. Personally, I prefer just a home uniform and an away uniform.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2018, 09:10 PM
OH MY GOD YOU TYPED IN ALL CAPS. YOU ARE AWESOME. **** YOU. I LOVE MAROON HELMETS

That's all your feeble mind could comprehend. That seems about right....oh and **** YOU LW!!