PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching Nova and Texas Tech

drunkernhelldawg
03-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Texas Tech is a three seed. How are they better than us? I can't help thinking we'd give Nova at least as good a game as they are.I must be wrong. How am I wrong?

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Agree, but I suppose they have a better "resume". They don't look all that great though. Of course, we migh say the same thing about Virginia. :)

Virginia losing to UMBC is about like Alabama losing to Ole Miss. ;)

MetEdDawg
03-25-2018, 03:04 PM
That?s the same Texas Tech team we played very hard at the beginning of the year in exhibition. If our current team played that current Texas Tech team we would run them out of the gym.

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 03:07 PM
That?s the same Texas Tech team we played very hard at the beginning of the year in exhibition. If our current team played that current Texas Tech team we would run them out of the gym.
Wasn’t it like 74-47?

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:08 PM

Our team that played the last two games might run Villanova out of the gym. And would give Kansas a game.

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:10 PM

Was that this year? It's not listed on the Hailstate schedule. http://hailstate.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Was that this year? It's not listed on the Hailstate schedule. http://hailstate.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Private scrimmage. We got beat like 74-47.

msstate7
03-25-2018, 03:15 PM
TT beat 11 NCAA tourney teams in the regular season. They beat Florida and Purdue in the tourney. Think the NIT run is getting to our heads

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Private scrimmage. We got beat like 74-47.

Ah, yes now I remember it being discussed on here. It was kinda like having "inside information" on recruiting. Did somebody "steal" information on that game from a pay site? Ha.

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:19 PM
TT beat 11 NCAA tourney teams in the regular season. They beat Florida and Purdue in the tourney. Think the NIT run is getting to our heads

You're probaby right, but the team has really looked "put together" lately. I haven't seen anyone in the Tourney who looks better. But it's not a totally unbiased opinion either.

msstate7
03-25-2018, 03:22 PM
You're probaby right, but the team has really looked "put together" lately. I haven't seen anyone in the Tourney who looks better. But it's not a totally unbiased opinion either.

I love how we are playing, and I think we have a great year next season. With that said, nit is not NCAA... TT is a much better team than us THIS season

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 03:24 PM
We will compete with these type teams next year

drunkernhelldawg
03-25-2018, 03:26 PM

You're right of course. But I do feel like we could play with these teams. We lost too many winnable games to get in, plus our non conf. sked. RPI gets too much weight since teams can't schedule equally. Bottom line is isn't it nice to have a real team again.

RocketDawg
03-25-2018, 03:35 PM
You're right of course. But I do feel like we could play with these teams. We lost too many winnable games to get in, plus our non conf. sked. RPI gets too much weight since teams can't schedule equally. Bottom line is isn't it nice to have a real team again.

Let's just hope Peters doesn't overestimate his value and try for the NBA.

Ari Gold
03-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Let's just hope Peters doesn't overestimate his value and try for the NBA.

Lamar needs to watch tape on Bronson from Nova.
He needs his 10-15 foot game.
Give me Bronson everyday and twice on Sunday over Trey Young.