PDA

View Full Version : If Southern Miss goes 0-12 again,

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 12:52 AM
do they fire this coach after 1 year too? They almost have to, or they'd have a huge double standard. At the same time, they almost can't fire yet another coach so soon.

Today's loss to FIU was by far the worst of the 17-game streak, and 0-12 again is a very real possibility.

Bothrops
10-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Yes, that's true. 0-12 is quite likely, again. It's not a question of who can they beat, it's a question of who's going to lose to them? I think just about anyone, and everyone would fail at the helm in Hattiesburg at this point. They just might take a 5-10 year hiatus from football. Who know..

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Heard on the radio that USM lost by missing a last second field goal. Ouch.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Maybe it WASN'T Ellis Johnson all along.

I think the fact that we have started to make a concentrated effort on recruiting Mississippi has really hurt them a lot. In the past, they would probably have guys like Gabe Jackson, Jameon Lewis, Christian Holmes, Benardrick McKinney, Jamerson Love, etc.

Jackie would sign about 12 JUCO's and wouldn't have room for guys like I mentioned above and Croom sucked.

MarketingBully01
10-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Never thought about that. Very true.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 10:23 AM
I bet they'd be 2-3 right now if we hadn't swiped Damian Williams away at the last second.

Dawgface
10-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Nah, they will pretty much have to stay with the same coach. Plus they are probably saving up their best effort for the first game of next year.

M.Fillmore
10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Florida International lost to Bethune-Cookman by 21 at home.
Florida International beat USM on the road.
Ouch.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Mack Brown would be a great transitional coach for them if he wants to give it a few more years.

Steve Campbell could win there too IMO.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Mack Brown would be a great transitional coach for them if he wants to give it a few more years.

Steve Campbell could win there too IMO.

Don't count out Lane Kiffin.

Jack Lambert
10-06-2013, 01:43 PM
They lost to FIU? Goodness me. They should not have fired Bowden the way they did. The way it sets up now is they have had three first year head coaches in a roll. That has to hurt recruiting. Thats three classes not one but three. They have not had a decent class in three years even for their standerns. They might have fallen over the cliff and may take years to even get close to getting back up to the ledge. They need to stick with this guy and give him a chance. Another head coaching change in my opinion would be the worse situation. However it sets up good for us over the next two years.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't count out Lane Kiffin.

didn't think about that. I'd hate to have to deal with that guy in MS trying to steal 2 and 3 star diamonds.

msstate7
10-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I just hope they win a game this year. I don't wanna play them with a long losing streak. That would be just a perfect way to start season with a loss to usm

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
USM's only shot at a win this year is vs North Texas in Hattiesburg. The same North Texas team that played UGA close for three quarters in Athens.