PDA

View Full Version : 5 words that sum up tonight.

MetEdDawg
10-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Cam Cameron versus Geoff Collins.

We can say the defense sucked, and it definitely did. But LSU has a former NFL head coach as their offensive coordinator, and he was coaching his LSU offense with all of those weapons against Collins whose best success was at Florida International. Now I still think Collins is a good coach, but seriously guys, what did you think was going to happen with their experienced WRs and our young and depleted DBs? Cam Cameron had some of the best weapons in the country at his disposal tonight and he knows how to exploit those weaknesses.

Here's where our money problems come up again. We have a Sun Belt coordinator as our DC. They have a former NFL head coach as their OC. Think maybe THAT might be our biggest problem against the big boys? Certainly has to be up there among them.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 01:36 AM
It would certainly be nice to have NFL caliber coordinators on both sides of the ball.

I've always thought it was a little bit bizarre that we would pay our head coach a decent competitive salary- but then scrimp on the assistants.

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 01:41 AM
It would certainly be nice to have NFL caliber coordinators on both sides of the ball.

I've always thought it was a little bit bizarre that we would pay our head coach a decent competitive salary- but then scrimp on the assistants.

^^^^ THIS!!!!!

The money it takes to pay good assistants really isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. We've got an extra $500k-$1M available in our, what...I'm guessing....$40 M budget?

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 01:45 AM
I bet it would cost more than a million for an entire staff, but you're not that far off either. Maybe 2-3 million.

MarketingBully01
10-06-2013, 01:53 AM
My beef tonight wasn't on the defense so much as it seemed they just gave up after the Dak pick. That to me is the biggest concern. We played a top ten team for 3 quarters at 28-26 and just gave up from that point. But I do agree we have to pay our staff top dollar if we want to be competitive in the SEC. BTW, what has Scott really done that has his signature all over it in a positive way for MSU as an AD? Seems he is closer to LT then a Greg Byrne type...

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 01:56 AM
BTW, what has Scott really done that has his signature all over it in a positive way for MSU as an AD? Seems he is closer to LT then a Greg Byrne type...

This. Scott got cowbells into DWS. That's about it.

Scott failed miserably with the compliance dept. Even if that isn't in his direct control, he should have set Keenum straight on what to do there.

Scott still has our coordinators in the LT age.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 02:02 AM
My beef tonight wasn't on the defense so much as it seemed they just gave up after the Dak pick. That to me is the biggest concern. We played a top ten team for 3 quarters at 28-26 and just gave up from that point. But I do agree we have to pay our staff top dollar if we want to be competitive in the SEC. BTW, what has Scott really done that has his signature all over it in a positive way for MSU as an AD? Seems he is closer to LT then a Greg Byrne type...

I know I am in the minority- but I think Rick Ray is going to prove to be a solid hire. And yes, only time will tell and it's too soon to tell. Scott has some opportunities to get himself right with the fans- Dudy-Noble is a BIG one. If Dan leaves, that will be another opportunity.