PDA

View Full Version : 30 dirtbags go get em....

Dawg61
03-23-2018, 10:32 PM
keep the freshman and boot everyone else off the team. Go get 30 dirtbags that are grown men and aren't draft risks. This "baseball" team is unacceptable. I could field a better team than this without signing one single drafted player. What a joke. We are by far the worst team in the SEC. This is baseball not women's soccer. Mississippi State should NEVER be the worst program in the SEC in baseball. Not even in years the coach is playing baked potato on his iPhone.

mstatefan91
03-23-2018, 10:39 PM
It is sad.. huge new stadium, shiny head coach who screwed the pooch (literally it seems), roster full of talent, and zero SEC wins so far and embarrassing losses out of conference. Cohen has got to step up and get a real deal coach who is proven and won't let the shiny lights engulf him.

I've already written this season off which is disappointing.. I thought we'd be an Omaha team, but the reality is that we may be lucky to win a handful of SEC series if that.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Well, this season is going to be a wash. Us sucking this year shouldn't prevent us from still making a home run hire (hopefully).....and tbh, if there is one sport at MSU that can withstand a bed-shitting of this magnitude, it's baseball. I'm just happy as **** this wasn't basketball or football (especially with the season we all think we'll have).

Dawg61
03-23-2018, 11:04 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/8TCdO0P5lOGek/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2018, 11:51 PM
It is sad.. huge new stadium, shiny head coach who screwed the pooch (literally it seems), roster full of talent, and zero SEC wins so far and embarrassing losses out of conference. Cohen has got to step up and get a real deal coach who is proven and won't let the shiny lights engulf him.

I've already written this season off which is disappointing.. I thought we'd be an Omaha team, but the reality is that we may be lucky to win a handful of SEC series if that.

Roster full of talent?

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2018, 11:52 PM
keep the freshman and boot everyone else off the team. Go get 30 dirtbags that are grown men and aren't draft risks. This "baseball" team is unacceptable. I could field a better team than this without signing one single drafted player. What a joke. We are by far the worst team in the SEC. This is baseball not women's soccer. Mississippi State should NEVER be the worst program in the SEC in baseball. Not even in years the coach is playing baked potato on his iPhone.

We definitely need some toughness. We’ve got to find players that can impact the ball and play a position without being able to do either well enough to go in the top 75 picks of the draft.

mstatefan91
03-24-2018, 12:18 AM
Roster full of talent?

Yes, we do. Want to rephrase your question?

I would say that it's interesting that that's the one thing you picked out, but then, you are SD.. a notorious poster who posts without thinking and steals other poster's thoughts and breaking news to create a new thread without a second thought.

Todd4State
03-24-2018, 12:30 AM
We definitely need some toughness. We’ve got to find players that can impact the ball and play a position without being able to do either well enough to go in the top 75 picks of the draft.

I agree with this. I hope a new coach will come in and instill some in the current players.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-24-2018, 01:41 AM
Well, this season is going to be a wash. Us sucking this year shouldn't prevent us from still making a home run hire (hopefully).....and tbh, if there is one sport at MSU that can withstand a bed-shitting of this magnitude, it's baseball. I'm just happy as **** this wasn't basketball or football (especially with the season we all think we'll have).
I dunno....even if we hire the right coach, we still have 2-3 really bad seasons ahead of us....Cohen has us in a tight......if we miss on this hire, we could be awful for a decade.

Todd4State
03-24-2018, 02:05 AM
I dunno....even if we hire the right coach, we still have 2-3 really bad seasons ahead of us....Cohen has us in a tight......if we miss on this hire, we could be awful for a decade.

Even if we hire a decent coach we will be better next year. We literally have no coaching right now. It's just a mess right now- but our Tommy John guys like Breaux and Small should be 100% next year and will be even better than they are now. We need a new S&C coach- that will help with our size. I like Hatcher (drafted by Angels), Tanner Allen (Drafted by Cubs I think), Westburg, Jordan Anderson (drafted) and then Foscue and Rowdey are going to be solid college players. We could return some guys like LA next year too. Catcher is a concern- and we could very well have a freshmen catcher like Hayden Jones or Luke Hancock starting for us.

We have talent- but they need a coach.

I expect us to be completely back by 2020 at the latest.

Cooterpoot
03-24-2018, 04:18 AM
Yes, we do. Want to rephrase your question?

I would say that it's interesting that that's the one thing you picked out, but then, you are SD.. a notorious poster who posts without thinking and steals other poster's thoughts and breaking news to create a new thread without a second thought.

We don’t have a roster full of talent.

Bully13
03-24-2018, 06:09 AM
I'm convinced that over half our team are regular users of coke. and not the sugary soda variety. this shit's beyond embarrassing .

Bully13
03-24-2018, 06:13 AM
It's kinda like a post I saw a couple of years ago from a UTex football fan. "I've got a 4th grade son whose never seen a good Longhorn football team"

Bully13
03-24-2018, 06:20 AM
seems it kinda goes with the territory being a MSU fan. basketball showing promise with a nice NIT run and future looks bright. football looking solid with bright future. then baseball , always our staple and our steady companion kicks us square in the nuts in unexpected fashion. something seems to always rise up and bitch slap us when we are getting some relief.

ShotgunDawg
03-24-2018, 07:42 AM
I'm convinced that over half our team are regular users of coke. and not the sugary soda variety. this shit's beyond embarrassing .

Yup

Dawgface
03-24-2018, 08:06 AM
We don’t have a roster full of talent.

True. Can't see how anyone would think otherwise.

msstate7
03-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Wow. Any basis for this claim?

Bully13
03-24-2018, 08:12 AM

nope. just made me feel good to say it cuz I'm pissed off. wouldn't surprise me though. maybe that's the reason they can't put on any muscle.

msstate7
03-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Our pitching staff was/is ravaged by injury. Add a healthy price, self, ashcraft, breaux, and Barlow, and you have the makings of an upper level sec pitching staff. Even guys that are pitching now coming off injury like James and small have not gotten their velocity all the way back yet... both are mid-to-upper 80s right now. Pilk starts for any sec team.

On the offensive side, we have guys that really underperforming in Stovall, vansau, and macnamee. There is major talent in the young guys Allen, Hatcher, and westburg. I like there is good talent in Jordan and foscue. Mangum is all sec.

If we can somehow keep some of our pitchers for next season, this team will be much, much better. There is some talent on this team

BankerDog
03-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Even if we hire a decent coach we will be better next year. We literally have no coaching right now. It's just a mess right now- but our Tommy John guys like Breaux and Small should be 100% next year and will be even better than they are now. We need a new S&C coach- that will help with our size. I like Hatcher (drafted by Angels), Tanner Allen (Drafted by Cubs I think), Westburg, Jordan Anderson (drafted) and then Foscue and Rowdey are going to be solid college players. We could return some guys like LA next year too. Catcher is a concern- and we could very well have a freshmen catcher like Hayden Jones or Luke Hancock starting for us.

We have talent- but they need a coach.

I expect us to be completely back by 2020 at the latest.

Just because they were drafted doesn't mean a dang thing. Skelton was drafted too. And all we heard from you was how great of a hitter he was and how he was elite defensively.

You wanna savage the season? Roll with this line up:

C-Stovall
1B-Hatcher
2B-Westburg or Foscue
SS-LA. Regardless of what 34 says, he is one of the better hitters. Don't continue to rag the kid when we keep trotting Poole and Skelton out there.
3B-Westburg or Foscue..whoever isn't playing 2B.
LF-Rowdy
RF-Anderson
CF-Mangum
DH-Allen

Ride and die by the freshmen. They'll need the experience anyway and it'll pay dividends.

BankerDog
03-24-2018, 08:45 AM

When former star players are back during the off season telling players they need to calm down and get off stuff-it usually means something.

IMissJack
03-24-2018, 11:45 AM
How much of this talent(less) situation is on Cohen? I know we had a lot of talent go pro early, but the cupboard is bare it seems on the offensive side.

Todd4State
03-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Just because they were drafted doesn't mean a dang thing. Skelton was drafted too. And all we heard from you was how great of a hitter he was and how he was elite defensively.

You wanna savage the season? Roll with this line up:

C-Stovall
1B-Hatcher
2B-Westburg or Foscue
SS-LA. Regardless of what 34 says, he is one of the better hitters. Don't continue to rag the kid when we keep trotting Poole and Skelton out there.
3B-Westburg or Foscue..whoever isn't playing 2B.
LF-Rowdy
RF-Anderson
CF-Mangum
DH-Allen

Ride and die by the freshmen. They'll need the experience anyway and it'll pay dividends.

Link to the bolded part please? No one talks more out of their ass about things that I "said" than you. Did I say that he would start? Yes. And he is.

The fact that they were drafted means that these players were deemed by third party experts as players that have the potential to be pro players. That means that they have talent. MLB doesn't draft players because they want to pander to MSU. Do they all pan out? Of course not. But the odds of them panning out are higher.

Todd4State
03-24-2018, 12:06 PM
How much of this talent(less) situation is on Cohen? I know we had a lot of talent go pro early, but the cupboard is bare it seems on the offensive side.

A lot of it is. Not just the recruiting. He hired Cann. He hired the assistants other than Gautreau. He brought in Wes Johnson and obviously didn't research his program enough to know that he was accelerating it too much. Our S&C has been off and on- it was off in 2015 and if the rumors I've heard are correct he was part of the problem with out pitchers getting hurt when Wes was here.

TNDawg35
03-24-2018, 12:56 PM
LA has gotten ALOT better since someone changed his stance. He dropped his hands and openers his front foot. He seems to be seeing the ball a lot better and his hands seem quicker. I'm not sure who is responsible for that, but they deserve credit for it.

Allen, Westburg, Foscue, and Hatcher are gonna be a beast's for us. I believe Jordan Anderson will be also, but he just needs time. We are gonna be fine. I hate to compare us, but look at Ole Moss last hr. They were the laughing stock in the SEC. they had a ton of freshmen playing. Now they are one of the best teams in the SEC. We are Mississippi State. We will be back. We will get a really good coach and come back with a vengeance.