PDA

View Full Version : We would have had a chance if TR started 2nd half.

fishwater99
10-06-2013, 12:13 AM
He was MIA. Thanks DAN

TopDog58
10-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Sometimes it felt like Dan put in a QB and forgot which one was in there. Put in Russell, run the option. Then put Dak in with an empty backfield.

HIGHDOG
10-06-2013, 06:28 AM
never thought that i'd say it, but thought russell oughta been in there the start of the 2nd 1/2...jmho...tom

Dawgface
10-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Only if he could have played defense and covered Beckman, then maybe he would have given us a chance.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 07:49 AM
as I've said all along, and still believe, we're better with both. Dan's got to be smart about when to play them. I know there were 2 or 3 drives where Dak came in when a lot of people probably though Tyler should've been in.

It was his first game rotating the two and the we put up 26 points. it'll get better and most of the time we won't have to score 50+ points to win.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Yesterday posted at 4:39......I seen it

"We will run the 2 QB system like we do our backs. ****ed up. We use LP between the tackles and bring JRob, griff and Shump in for third down work. Like hitting a LH at DH vs a lefty in game 1 of a doubleheader and a RH hitter vs the righty in game 2. Stupid."

LeakyD
10-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Tyler gives us the better chance at a big play, but 3 and outs are more likely also. We couldn't afford those. There was just too much pressure on the offense to score every possession. We needed Dak in there to finish off the first half. Instead we're throwing on 3rd and 2.

TopconDog
10-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Only if he could have played defense and covered Beckman, then maybe he would have given us a chance.

This plus a million, It wiould not have mattered if Drew Brees started the second half for us

DownwardDawg
10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I hope LSU is really that good. Damn.

Coach 57
10-06-2013, 08:33 AM
as I've said all along, and still believe, we're better with both. Dan's got to be smart about when to play them. I know there were 2 or 3 drives where Dak came in when a lot of people probably though Tyler should've been in.

It was his first game rotating the two and the we put up 26 points. it'll get better and most of the time we won't have to score 50+ points to win.

Couldn't have said it better. Thought Tyler looked good, thought Dak looked good with the exception of that bad pass to LSU. But as you said, it will get better. They truly both are starting QBs for this team.

Homedawg
10-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Tyler gives us the better chance at a big play, but 3 and outs are more likely also. We couldn't afford those. There was just too much pressure on the offense to score every possession. We needed Dak in there to finish off the first half. Instead we're throwing on 3rd and 2.

Of course if we just catch the pass then it really wouldn't matter

thf24
10-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Sometimes it felt like Dan put in a QB and forgot which one was in there. Put in Russell, run the option. Then put Dak in with an empty backfield.

It's just like how he'd send Ballard to the edge one play, then run Perkins up the middle the next in 2011. He needs to just call to each player's strength, because the flip-flop of roles isn't fooling anyone.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Of course if we just catch the pass then it really wouldn't matter

How could we catch the pass? It was a terrible throw.