View Full Version : Lane Burroughs is 17-6 at Louisiana Tech

03-22-2018, 03:41 PM
Sweep over Rice and wins over Cal and Texas A&M

Just sayin

Bully13
03-22-2018, 04:28 PM
didn't he used to be with us?

03-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Assistant from 2009 to 2012. Recruited the 2009, 2010 and 2011 classes that formed the runner up team

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2018, 05:50 PM
You would not see me go crazy but the problem is we only want people we probably cant get or would be super hard to get. We want the trophy wife, not the girl next door. We want Vernalders girl or bust.

shoeless joe
03-22-2018, 06:00 PM
I'd not complain if we got Burroughs. He's very cohenesque is some aspects. I think we could def go More proven but he's a good coach.

Coach34
03-22-2018, 06:04 PM
We would have alot of disappointed people if we hired Burroughs but could certainly do worse

Dawg61
03-22-2018, 06:07 PM
You would not see me go crazy but the problem is we only want people we probably cant get or would be super hard to get. We want the trophy wife, not the girl next door. We want Vernalders girl or bust.

Yea we recruit this way too for baseball and it's why we suck ass. We are the Yankees of college baseball though (minus any titles at all) because we have a pretty stadium and some fans.

Homedawg
03-22-2018, 06:54 PM
I'd not complain if we got Burroughs. He's very cohenesque is some aspects. I think we could def go More proven but he's a good coach.

I usually agree w you. But he's nothing like John. He's way more laid back. And not near the hard ass as Jc. Maybe referring to other things

msbulldog
03-22-2018, 07:08 PM

Hell Fed I want the friendly girl.

was21
03-22-2018, 07:28 PM
We would have alot of disappointed people if we hired Burroughs but could certainly do worse

Hope he will be in the mix

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2018, 07:44 PM
Thats great but Rice sucks and Cal hasnt been good since 2015

Pit Bull
03-23-2018, 05:23 AM
I just want a coach that can take this loyal fanbase and facilities to the titles it deserves. Right now, we are being supplanted by the other two D1 teams in the state. Ole Miss is packing in 10k+ most weekend games and we are struggling to get a few thousand in a brand new facility. The Rebels #1 recruiting class from a couple years ago is now taking hold. I just feel like MSU Baseball is a flounder that washed up on the beach trying to learn the game.

Cooterpoot
03-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Lol! I can remember people raising hell because we couldn’t hit when Burroughs was here. I also see just about every day that Cohen recruited poorly and that’s why we suck. So this makes little sense. We couldn’t hit and he’s like Cohen.....

Randolph Dupree
03-23-2018, 07:35 AM
Lol! I can remember people raising hell because we couldn’t hit when Burroughs was here. I also see just about every day that Cohen recruited poorly and that’s why we suck. So this makes little sense. We couldn’t hit and he’s like Cohen.....

Lane or Butch wouldn’t be bad gets although I agree we should shoot for the moon. Cohen saw the HC potential in both while they were here and was basically prepping them to take over their own programs. As for Lane, a couple of things to remember with regard to the team that couldn’t hit the long ball, at that time we were recruiting to play the game with the “dead ball” so small ball and pitching is what it took to win and that worked really well for us until they changed the ball to what it is now. With regard to intensity, being a little more laid back than Cohen isn’t a bad thing. I know for a fact that Cohen’s IB personality was really wearing on some of the kids and these were some of the stand-up, and most dedicated kids. I’m not knocking Cohen btw, just pointing out a few things.

Cooterpoot
03-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Lane is a good guy. It’s just not his time yet.

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2018, 08:05 AM

Lane is a good coach and a good guy.

Just don’t know if he’s big enough for the job yet. There will be higher ceiling candidates we can get IMO

Pit Bull
03-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Sweep over Rice and wins over Cal and Texas A&M

Just sayin

Didn't LaTech bring a decent team to Vegas for a regional when we lost twice to Arizona?

03-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Didn't LaTech bring a decent team to Vegas for a regional when we lost twice to Arizona?

Yeah but that was the year before Burroughs got there

I seen it dawg
03-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Just don’t bunt in the 2nd inning like our AD