PDA

View Full Version : Name things closer to the LSU WR's in coverage than our DB's tonight

Coach34
10-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I'll start:

Columbus

HereComesTheSpiral
10-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Solving cold fusion

Rick Danko
10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Ending the government shutdown

I seen it dawg
10-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Grass

CadaverDawg
10-05-2013, 10:37 PM
A MSU bowl game in 2013

Oxfordawg
10-05-2013, 10:37 PM
The former planet Pluto

icecreamdawg
10-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Laramie

Drugdog
10-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Me getting laid tonight

codeDawg
10-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I'll start my campaign later in the week, but it's not the CB position that is the problem. We have the worst S in the league.

Bully13
10-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Eve

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Everything

Dawg61
10-05-2013, 11:07 PM
The stadium being finished

DownwardDawg
10-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Laramie
Outstanding!!

cheewgumm
10-05-2013, 11:11 PM
A top 15 recruiting class...

I'll start:

Columbus

angusyoung
10-05-2013, 11:12 PM
The chronic

stateskills
10-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Seriously? What ****ing game did you watch? There were some moments, but first half especially it was just stud NFL receivers making plays in tight coverage.

Coach34
10-05-2013, 11:16 PM
A top 15 recruiting class...

OM had a top 10 recruiting class- how did that workout at Auburn tonight?

It takes multiple years of recruiting like that to have a chance these days

stateskills
10-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Coach -- you need to stay strong on your mission. Family. All in. Support the team. Stay positive. We aren't that far off. I hate losing. This game sucked. The first offense that flinched was going to lose. That was us. Sucks. But dammit this staff and the young talent on this team will keep getting better. We need to continue to support Mullen. He's the same guy we all loved two years ago. This is a long term rebuild to catch up with the SEC elite. Stay the course.

cheewgumm
10-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks Mrs Megan.

How long is the rebuilding supposed to take? This is year 5 right?

Or are we starting from now?

Coach -- you need to stay strong on your mission. Family. All in. Support the team. Stay positive. We aren't that far off. I hate losing. This game sucked. The first offense that flinched was going to lose. That was us. Sucks. But dammit this staff and the young talent on this team will keep getting better. We need to continue to support Mullen. He's the same guy we all loved two years ago. This is a long term rebuild to catch up with the SEC elite. Stay the course.

missouridawg
10-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I'll start my campaign later in the week, but it's not the CB position that is the problem. We have the worst S in the league.

One of the biggest things I noticed tonight is that LSUs safety closed in on all of our passes. Nickoe never did.

I hope our DB situation gets figured out, with Redmond playing now, so we can move Cox back there. Nickoe played awful tonight.

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 11:47 PM
We have no money compared to the rest of the SEC. We have probably the worst college town compared to the rest of the SEC. We have the 2nd smallest stadium compared to the rest of the SEC. We have the lowest staff salaries in all of the SEC. 2nd smallest enrollment and the smallest number of private donations yearly in the SEC. And you think 5 years is enough to correct that? This isn't the ACC or Pac 10 where the conference cycles up and down every year.

There are 4-6 great teams in the SEC every year now and it took most of them decades to build themselves into that. Did they cycle through bad times? Yeah a few years for some of these. But you look at LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia. These teams were established powerhouses when the SEC exploded as the best conference and that explosion just made them that more powerful. They had facilities, big fan bases, national recognition, and a lot of money. Where were we? Muddling through the water with sanctions, LT who didn't care about our facilities, Croom being an awful head coach, and a fan base that had given up.

We can talk about not having this "little ole MSU" mentality, but when you look at us compared to the rest of the SEC, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE!!! We are at or near the bottom in everything that matters right now. That can't be turned around in 5 years unless you get lucky and get a Spurrier who flops out of the NFL and comes calling, and that rarely happens. We are in for the long rebuild because we started out so far behind everyone else when college football, and more specifically the SEC, exploded. Mullen is overachieving for what we should have in Starkville and there is nothing in the world that you can say that will make me feel differently about that.

Could it be better? Maybe. But I bet you would struggle to give me a plausible scenario where we would have performed better over the last 5 years than what we have under Mullen.

TUSK
10-06-2013, 12:03 AM
tusktown?

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Watching it in the stadium...our DBs sold out on every juke and fake the LSU WRs gave. Fake a post route and our DB turns and runs a post, not going back to the WR until the DB wonders who Mett was thowing to...oh shit that's my man and he rand a curl route.

And when we managed to play the WRs tight, Mett just puts the ball on a dime. Mett was just phenominal placing his passes.

And when he didn't need to throw on a time, he could just throw jump balls all day long. Their WRs went after jump balls like men playing against boys.

Our front 7 kicked a lot of ass all game long. But we just don't have the goods in the secondary. We have a young and injury riddled secondary.

Bothrops
10-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Beating LSU.. Haha just kidding

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 07:45 AM
awesome thread. good for an early morning laugh.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Me talking the wife into a threesome.

QuadrupleOption
10-06-2013, 10:11 AM
My father voting for Obama.

Bully13
10-06-2013, 10:56 AM
aspen dog and op4isabitch

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 11:55 AM
So, no complaints until year 10? We should hire a coach, then expect that 10 yrs later...what? And what happens if it doesn't happen in 10 years? Just a wasted 10 years...then give the next guy 10 years?

Jackie over a 3 year period performed better than Mullen...look it up, there's your scenario.

Why didn't Croom get 10 years?

Damn man, life is too short for that.

We have no money compared to the rest of the SEC. We have probably the worst college town compared to the rest of the SEC. We have the 2nd smallest stadium compared to the rest of the SEC. We have the lowest staff salaries in all of the SEC. 2nd smallest enrollment and the smallest number of private donations yearly in the SEC. And you think 5 years is enough to correct that? This isn't the ACC or Pac 10 where the conference cycles up and down every year.

There are 4-6 great teams in the SEC every year now and it took most of them decades to build themselves into that. Did they cycle through bad times? Yeah a few years for some of these. But you look at LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia. These teams were established powerhouses when the SEC exploded as the best conference and that explosion just made them that more powerful. They had facilities, big fan bases, national recognition, and a lot of money. Where were we? Muddling through the water with sanctions, LT who didn't care about our facilities, Croom being an awful head coach, and a fan base that had given up.

We can talk about not having this "little ole MSU" mentality, but when you look at us compared to the rest of the SEC, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE!!! We are at or near the bottom in everything that matters right now. That can't be turned around in 5 years unless you get lucky and get a Spurrier who flops out of the NFL and comes calling, and that rarely happens. We are in for the long rebuild because we started out so far behind everyone else when college football, and more specifically the SEC, exploded. Mullen is overachieving for what we should have in Starkville and there is nothing in the world that you can say that will make me feel differently about that.

Could it be better? Maybe. But I bet you would struggle to give me a plausible scenario where we would have performed better over the last 5 years than what we have under Mullen.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 12:02 PM
our DBs didn't even get a whiff of corndog last night.