PDA

View Full Version : Next Year?s Rotation

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 09:43 AM
Let’s see what we can come up with. I know a lot of us have different opinions. This is assuming every major contributer comes back.
Starting 5- Lamar, Spoons, Ado, X.
2 players with 6th man minutes- Holman, Perry.
Big time role players- Tyson, Woodard
Small role players- Feazell, Jethro, Eli Wright
I think that covers everybody. This is assuming DJ Stewart redshirts.

I want Perry to start, but I’m all for X starting, if he’s all in 100%.
Does this sound about right?

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2018, 09:46 AM
So is Eli gone for sure? I would think so just to get more minutes somewhere else. I like the way he plays, he isn't great at any one thing but is good all around.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 09:49 AM
So is Eli gone for sure? I would think so just to get more minutes somewhere else. I like the way he plays, he isn't great at any one thing but is good all around.

It’s likely he transfers. I just forgot to put him in rotation. I’ll fix it

CarolinaDawgs
03-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Gotta start Holman...

Coach34
03-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Peters
Spoon
Q
Holman
Ado

Perry, the juco guy, and Feazell rotating inside
Woodard, Tyson, and Wright rotating at the 2 and 3
Nick playing back-up PG

X grad transfers somewhere hopefully because there is nowhere for him to get minutes. Datcher to Delta State or North Alabama

BuckyIsAB****
03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Peters
Spoon
Q
Holman
Ado

Perry, the juco guy, and Feazell rotating inside
Woodard, Tyson, and Wright rotating at the 2 and 3
Nick playing back-up PG

X grad transfers somewhere hopefully because there is nowhere for him to get minutes. Datcher to Delta State or North Alabama

We dont need X or Wright to transfer IMO. They arent back breaking losses but those would be losses. X is a difference maker when hes hot and an asshole when hes not.

Eli helped us down the stretch. Made several plays to beat USCe

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Each game we continue to play at this high level reassures me our starting 5 next year is...

Peters
Nick
Q
X
Ado

Holman and Carter will both get 6th man minutes and Eli/Perry will be the 8/9 guys. Tsish/Feazell/Woodard/Stewart are going to get scraps

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Gotta start Holman...

Personally, I think he plays better off the bench. According to his comments, he likes it better too.

BuckyIsAB****
03-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Personally, I think he plays better off the bench. According to his comments, he likes it better too.

Start Holman when X is being a dick and start X when he is hot

Intramural All-American
03-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Each game we continue to play at this high level reassures me our starting 5 next year is...

Peters
Nick
Q
X
Ado

Holman and Carter will both get 6th man minutes and Eli/Perry will be the 8/9 guys. Tsish/Feazell/Woodard/Stewart are going to get scraps

A 5-star McDonald's AA doesn't get 8/9 minutes. He will be arguably our most talented player on the roster next year.

tcdog70
03-21-2018, 10:38 AM
Holman, is better coming off the bench. Helps Him with fouls. I think Perry Starts. I hope Ado works on posting up and accepting the entry pass. I hope He learns to slow down and protect the ball.He is a big man but he still needs to learn how to block out. I have to remember he has only played BB for 4 years, I think. If he could develop a knack for moving to the off side when we shoot He could get way more rebounds. Too many times He gets worked under the goal. In my opinion he plays too straight up, he needs wider and lower with his ass on the opponent.

tcdog70
03-21-2018, 10:40 AM
A 5-star McDonald's AA doesn't get 8/9 minutes. He will be arguably our most talented player on the roster next year.

agree--Perry will start before the season is over--maybe from Day 1. Don't forget about Woodard--he will also be a factor.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 10:41 AM

We also arent bringing in a juco to get scrap minutes

smootness
03-21-2018, 10:41 AM
I think you guys are selling Perry way short. He's incredibly talented and fills a role we don't have. I think he starts by SEC play.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 10:47 AM

This right here

chef dixon
03-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Y?all are smoking rocks if you think Holman, a 4 year senior, won?t be starting. He?s also a very good player.

I think X is tricking everyone with his NIT play. I don?t think he?s one of our top 6 players and frankly would be my pick to sacrifice minutes from.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Y?all are smoking rocks if you think Holman, a 4 year senior, won?t be starting. He?s also a very good player.

I think X is tricking everyone with his NIT play. I don?t think he?s one of our top 6 players and frankly would be my pick to sacrifice minutes from.

He is better off the bench.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 10:51 AM
We also arent bringing in a juco to get scrap minutes

He’ll come in when Ado gets in foul trouble and to give him rest

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Starting 5 Lamar Nick Q Perry Ado

Nick backup PG Tyson backup 2 Xay/Woodard backup 3 Holman backup 4 Jethro backup 5

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 10:58 AM

We'll see how much Howland has learned from Newman & Kegler with Perry. If Perry is as good as you say/think he is he'll earn his way into the starting five with his play but he's not starting the year in the starting 5. He's got work to do in front of his team on the court to warrant being above the 8/9th man right now. Nobody gives a shit in the locker room he's a 5* AA once he puts on our jersey. You think Holman, Carter, Eli and X are cool with giving up their minutes to him right away? He has to earn those minutes. Perry is 9th man right now. Let's see how fast he'll climb.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:00 AM

Nick backup PG Tyson backup 2 Xay/Woodard backup 3 Holman backup 4 Jethro backup 5

Howland has learned nothing if he starts Perry right away.

smootness
03-21-2018, 11:02 AM
We'll see how much Howland has learned from Newman & Kegler with Perry. If Perry is as good as you say/think he is he'll earn his way into the starting five with his play but he's not starting the year in the starting 5. He's got work to do in front of his team on the court to warrant being above the 8/9th man right now. Nobody gives a shit in the locker room he's a 5* AA once he puts on our jersey. You think Holman, Carter, Eli and X are cool with giving up their minutes to him right away? He has to earn those minutes. Perry is 9th man right now. Let's see how fast he'll climb.

I'm pretty sure everyone is saying that he will definitely earn those minutes. And Eli likely won't be around, and he's not competing with Carter and not really with Stapleton for minutes. He's going to earn plenty of playing time. So if we're projecting, then that's the projection.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone is saying that he will definitely earn those minutes.

They aren't saying that. They are saying because he's rated a 5* McDonald's All-American he's already earned those minutes. It's the exact same bullshit Newman and Kegler walked in here with. I want to be very clear here that in no way am I talking shit about Perry but Howland better be very careful with this situation. We will be a veteran team next year. Perry has to earn his way onto the court. He is starting at ground zero when he puts on the jersey next year. His high school accolades are out the window day 1.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 11:14 AM
They aren't saying that. They are saying because he's rated a 5* McDonald's All-American he's already earned those minutes. It's the exact same bullshit Newman and Kegler walked in here with. I want to be very clear here that in no way am I talking shit about Perry but Howland better be very careful with this situation. We will be a veteran team next year. Perry has to earn his way onto the court. He is starting at ground zero when he puts on the jersey next year. His high school accolades are out the window day 1.
Nick came in and started- no problem. I think it has to do with their personality and attitude. What is Perry’s like?

smootness
03-21-2018, 11:19 AM

The only person you could argue on any level is saying that is Intramural, and I think it's pretty clear that he's saying, 'As a McDonald's AA, he has the amount of talent that means he's too good to be getting 8/9 minutes.' I don't think he's saying that Perry will step right into the starting lineup simply because of his AA status. Everyone's just saying that if he's nearly as good as advertised, given what we have on our team, it's almost certain that he will be good enough to earn significant minutes.

NutterButter
03-21-2018, 11:22 AM
I honestly see Eli Wright and E. J. Datcher transferring after season is over IMO. I just don't see Eli getting any minutes and Datcher sure won't next year either.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 11:25 AM
The only person you could argue on any level is saying that is Intramural, and I think it's pretty clear that he's saying, 'As a McDonald's AA, he has the amount of talent that means he's too good to be getting 8/9 minutes.' I don't think he's saying that Perry will step right into the starting lineup simply because of his AA status. Everyone's just saying that if he's nearly as good as advertised, given what we have on our team, it's almost certain that he will be good enough to earn significant minutes.

Exactly what we’re saying. His talent is there. He’s a game changer

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Nick came in and started- no problem. I think it has to do with their personality and attitude. What is Perry’s like?

This is a good point but X started game 1 too and got hurt within 5 minutes. Point is though that X was in the starting rotation to start the season. He was ahead of Holman and Carter in Howland's eyes as far as minutes go coming outta summer/fall practices.

Big4Dawg
03-21-2018, 11:27 AM
I bet we have some crazy 5 on 5 scrimmages

PG: Peters vs. Nick
SG: Carter vs. Eli/Stewart
SF: Q vs. Woodard
PF: Holman vs. Perry/X
C: Ado vs. Tshisumpa/Fizz

Plus X and

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Exactly what we’re saying. His talent is there. He’s a game changer

I hope you guys are right, I really do but consider me skeptical after Newman and Kegler. I want these guys to struggle to find minutes a little right away. Tired of babying high schooler all-americans. It never works out when we baby them.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I hope you guys are right, I really do but consider me skeptical after Newman and Kegler. I want these guys to struggle to find minutes a little right away. Tired of babying high schooler all-americans. It never works out when we baby them.

You’re right, we need to stop babying them. If Howland is impressed in practice, he’ll start. If he’s not impressed, he won’t.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 11:34 AM
Malik and Keg didnt have any competition to keep them from starting. Perry will have to work everyday in practice to prove himself against a veteran group

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Malik and Keg didnt have any competition to keep them from starting. Perry will have to work everyday in practice to prove himself against a veteran group

I like hearing this and I hope Perry is the type that welcomes the challenge instead of Newman and Kegler just expecting it to be given to them. If Perry welcomes it and cracks the starting 5 he'll be in the NBA a whole lot faster and stay there a lot longer than Newman and Kegler will. Nick has shown he's got the right attitude and he loves playing defense. If all else fails just play hard and love playing defense and you'll get lots of minutes.

I seen it dawg
03-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Howland is lost, can’t coach and needs to be replaced...

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Howland has learned nothing if he starts Perry right away.

How? Holman has said he prefers to come off the bench & with the size we now have Xay will move to the wing & wont have to play the 4. The job is Perry's to lose & yes he will be ready & able to handle it.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 11:48 AM
This is a good point but X started game 1 too and got hurt within 5 minutes. Point is though that X was in the starting rotation to start the season. He was ahead of Holman and Carter in Howland's eyes as far as minutes go coming outta summer/fall practices.

X started game 1 because Ado wasn't healthy & didn't play. Holman started game 1 at center. When Ado got back Xay went to the bench.

msstate7
03-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Is peters still expected to return?

Intramural All-American
03-21-2018, 11:52 AM

No one ever said that we think he will be gifted a starting role. You made a statement that you think he will get 8/9 minutes next year which means you don't think he will make much of an impact next year. Multiple people disagreed and said that he will have a large impact next year and play a lot, especially since he is talented enough to be a McD's All-american.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Is peters still expected to return?

until we hear different- yes

msstate7
03-21-2018, 11:57 AM
until we hear different- yes

Good. I think we are top 3 in sec and sweet 16 as long as he comes back

dawgday166
03-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Howland is lost, can’t coach and needs to be replaced...

Yep ... he sux **

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 12:21 PM
No one ever said that we think he will be gifted a starting role. You made a statement that you think he will get 8/9 minutes next year which means you don't think he will make much of an impact next year. Multiple people disagreed and said that he will have a large impact next year and play a lot, especially since he is talented enough to be a McD's All-american.

Saying he's 8th-9th man isn't meant to be a knock on Perry it's meant to be a compliment towards the other 8 guys

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Good. I think we are top 3 in sec and elite 8 as long as he comes back

Fify

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Howland is lost, can?t coach and needs to be replaced...

What a has been*****

Intramural All-American
03-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Saying he's 8th-9th man isn't meant to be a knock on Perry it's meant to be a compliment towards the other 8 guys

Not saying it's a knock, but you are clearly undervaluing him. You are talking about a team that didn't even make the big dance. We aren't Kansas filled with 5 star talents. On paper, he is hands down our most talented player, as he was rated one of the top 24 players in the country coming out this year. Kegler and Malik underachieved based on our expectations, but both averaged over 10 points a game their freshmen years. We had 3 people do that this year. I'm not looking up numbers or anything, but I would guess that Mcdonald's All-Americans start 90+% of the time their freshman year. So for us to assume he will be a big piece of our puzzle next year is just logical.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Not saying it's a knock, but you are clearly undervaluing him. You are talking about a team that didn't even make the big dance. We aren't Kansas filled with 5 star talents. On paper, he is hands down our most talented player, as he was rated one of the top 24 players in the country coming out this year. Kegler and Malik underachieved based on our expectations, but both averaged over 10 points a game their freshmen years. We had 3 people do that this year. I'm not looking up numbers or anything, but I would guess that Mcdonald's All-Americans start 90+% of the time their freshman year. So for us to assume he will be a big piece of our puzzle next year is just logical.

History tells me to undervalue the 5* Southern basketball player. Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services. I hope Perry is the 3rd one to be rated correctly. I need to watch some of his games.

Intramural All-American
03-21-2018, 12:59 PM
History tells me to undervalue the 5* Southern basketball player. Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services. I hope Perry is the 3rd one to be rated correctly. I need to watch some of his games.

Sexton, Duval, Knox, Carter, Vanderbilt, Washington. Just 6 of the top 20 players last year all from the south who lived up to expectations.

Harry Giles, De'Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, just to name a few from the year before.

You are just really reaching at this point.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Nick Spoon and Devin Booker are about the only two in the last five years that haven't been evaluated incorrectly from the recruiting services.

Collin Sexton
Wendell Carter
Malik Monk
Jaylen Brown
Bobby Portis

That's not even counting guys from Florida & Texas.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 03:35 PM
Sexton, Duval, Knox, Carter, Vanderbilt, Washington. Just 6 of the top 20 players last year all from the south who lived up to expectations.

Harry Giles, De'Aaron Fox, Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo, just to name a few from the year before.

You are just really reaching at this point.

You're saying there hasn't been a lot of overrated players from the South?

Intramural All-American
03-21-2018, 03:47 PM
You're saying there hasn't been a lot of overrated players from the South?

You just changing arguments for the heck of it? Or because you've been proven wrong and are just trying to get some sort of "victory"?

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 04:06 PM
You just changing arguments for the heck of it? Or because you've been proven wrong and are just trying to get some sort of "victory"?

I haven't changed arguments. The Southern basketball player has been proven to be overrated. Congratulations on finding some from the last two classes that weren't. I am skeptical of all 5* players till I see them on the court in maroon & white. We don't have to go farther than our own history to know that to be true. You don't have to google top 100 players to try to counter the argument. You have deemed a high school player good enough to start right away. I want him to prove it first. Argument hasn't changed one bit.

tcdog70
03-21-2018, 04:36 PM

^^^^^this all Day long. Holman likes the 6th man position. Woodard will also be ready to play.

smootness
03-21-2018, 04:38 PM
I haven't changed arguments. The Southern basketball player has been proven to be overrated. Congratulations on finding some from the last two classes that weren't. I am skeptical of all 5* players till I see them on the court in maroon & white. We don't have to go farther than our own history to know that to be true. You don't have to google top 100 players to try to counter the argument. You have deemed a high school player good enough to start right away. I want him to prove it first. Argument hasn't changed one bit.

What in the heck

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 04:54 PM
What in the heck

What you forget about all the Devonta Pollards and Fred Thomas's of the world all of a sudden now too?

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 04:55 PM
What you forget about all the Devonta Pollards and Fred Thomas's of the world all of a sudden now too?

Are you comparing Fred Thomas to the hype of Reggie Perry?

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 05:04 PM
Are you comparing Fred Thomas to the hype of Reggie Perry?

I am comparing Malik Newman hype to Perry. Newman hype was ten times that of Perry.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 05:05 PM
I am comparing Malik Newman hype to Perry. Newman hype was ten times that of Perry.
Didn’t you just say Fred Thomas? He wasn’t a five star talent, or supposed to be a star.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Didn’t you just say Fred Thomas? He wasn’t a five star talent, or supposed to be a star.

I did say Fred Thomas. We've had very few 5* in our history. Fred Thomas was a 4* player. He was highly thought of coming outta high school.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 05:15 PM
I did say Fred Thomas. We've had very few 5* in our history. Fred Thomas was a 4* player. He was highly thought of coming outta high school.

Really? Could’ve swore he was a 3*

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Really? Could’ve swore he was a 3*

Pick another player if you like there isn't a shortage of players that haven't panned out

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 05:20 PM

Ok so for every Malik there's a Nick Weatherspoon
For every Fred Thomas there's a Q Weatherspoon

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Pick another player if you like there isn't a shortage of players that haven't panned out

Ok. Trey Young.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Ok so for every Malik there's a Nick Weatherspoon
For every Fred Thomas there's a Q Weatherspoon

I wish I was as optimistic as y'all with basketball signees but maybe there's a silver lining here for me. I expect Perry to be the 9th best player on the team next year and I look forward to being pleasantly surprised and proven wrong by him.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Ok. Trey Young.

Really? You're gonna lose this game hard core. There's 60 dudes drafted every year and not all Americans either. There's 100 top players every year so roughly 80% of the top 100 players don't get drafted ever.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 05:42 PM
Really? You're gonna lose this game hard core. There's 60 dudes drafted every year and not all Americans either. There's 100 top players every year so roughly 80% of the top 100 players don't get drafted ever.

I’m not trying to argue. I just don’t believe Perry will be the 9th best player on the team. There’s only one way to find out though, we’ll have to wait until November and see.

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 05:54 PM
What about this:

PG- Peters
SG- Q
3- X
4- Perry or Holman
5- Ado

I think that's our most conventional lineup.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 05:56 PM
What about this:

PG- Peters
SG- Q
3- X
4- Perry or Holman
5- Ado

That’s alright, but Nick has to start IMO. He’s our best defender, and is becoming unguardable shooting off the dribble.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2018, 06:53 PM
What about this:

PG- Peters
SG- Q
3- X
4- Perry or Holman
5- Ado

No way I'm putting Xay in & taking Nick out. It doesn't make us better in any way.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 07:27 PM
What about this:

PG- Peters
SG- Q
3- X
4- Perry or Holman
5- Ado

Q cant play the 2. He will get used like a condom on defense. He cant defend a 2 above the academy league

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 08:02 PM
Q cant play the 2. He will get used like a condom on defense. He cant defend a 2 above the academy league

But can 2s defend him?

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 08:04 PM
No way I'm putting Xay in & taking Nick out. It doesn't make us better in any way.

It makes us a much longer team. We would potentially fair better against teams like UK and UT.

It also puts each guy at their natural position. X isn't a 4. He's a 3. Q's natural position and the best year he had is/was playing the 2.

msstate7
03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
But can 2s defend him?

I think nick will be our best player

Coach34
03-21-2018, 08:28 PM
But can 2s defend him?

all day long

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 08:34 PM
all day long

Didn't he play the 2 last year and average 16.5 points a game? 2 above his career average.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Didn't he play the 2 last year and average 16.5 points a game? 2 above his career average.

no- he played the 3 mostly last year and Kegler played the 4. We played IJ and Peters at the 1 and 2. Thats why Kegler left- he thought he was a full-time 3 and knew he wouldnt play it here with Q at the 3

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 08:49 PM
It makes us a much longer team. We would potentially fair better against teams like UK and UT.

It also puts each guy at their natural position. X isn't a 4. He's a 3. Q's natural position and the best year he had is/was playing the 2.

I think our best lineup is Peters, Spoons, X and Ado. X and Spoon both rebound very well and both can shoot 3's. Having basically 4 guards and Ado we are deadly in transition and we move the ball better and quicker on offense. In a half court set we are better with Holman and Carter in the game.

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 08:58 PM
no- he played the 3 mostly last year and Kegler played the 4. We played IJ and Peters at the 1 and 2. Thats why Kegler left- he thought he was a full-time 3 and knew he wouldnt play it here with Q at the 3

Didn't Kegler, Holman, and Herard all start last year?

KOdawg1
03-21-2018, 09:00 PM
What about this:

PG- Peters
SG- Q
3- X
4- Perry or Holman
5- Ado

No way Nick isn't in the starting line-up. He's our best player imo

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 09:06 PM
No way Nick isn't in the starting line-up. He's our best player imo

Best defender*.

I get it. But if you play him at the 2 next year and Q at the 3, you are leaving a lot of length of the bench and playing a small lineup.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Best defender*.

I get it. But if you play him at the 2 next year and Q at the 3, you are leaving a lot of length of the bench and playing a small lineup.

Nick has to start, no matter how small of a lineup that gives us. He’s deadly shooting off the dribble, and as has been said: he’s our best defender..

Coach34
03-21-2018, 09:17 PM
Didn't Kegler, Holman, and Herard all start last year?

minutes per game last year:

Q- 31.9
Peters- 24.6
Kegler- 28.2
IJ- 28.6

Holman- 23.3
Herard- 18.6

Herard didnt even play half the time last year.

Covercorner2
03-21-2018, 09:22 PM
minutes per game last year:

Q- 31.9
Peters- 24.6
Kegler- 28.2
IJ- 28.6

Holman- 23.3
Herard- 18.6

Herard didnt even play half the time last year.

I thought we were talking starting lineups and players on the floor at the same time, not best players/minutes per game.

Coach34
03-21-2018, 09:29 PM
I thought we were talking starting lineups and players on the floor at the same time, not best players/minutes per game.

I thought we were talking about who played where- and obviously when you look at minutes- Q played mostly the 3 last year

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Nick is a phenomenal defensive player. Like top 5-10 in all of college basketball elite defensively at his position. He stays in the starting lineup for this reason alone.

tcdog70
03-21-2018, 09:55 PM
Write it down. The Spoons, LAMAR, Ado and Al's Boy. Holman as the,6th man. Why is this hard to see?

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 10:02 PM
Write it down. The Spoons, LAMAR, Ado and Al's Boy. Holman as the,6th man. Why is this hard to see?

I say the same. I prefer Perry starting over X myself.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Guys the important thing isn't whether Z player should start over Y player, its that we have 2 good players competing for the same spot! Regardless of who wins what spot, unless Perry and Woodard are extremely overrated we will have a damn good 2 deep at every spot. Who wins 60% of the minutes doesn't matter, as either way we'll have a very good player o nthe court.

Give it an off season, let Howland experiment in early non-con play, and then we can argue over what's the best lineup. But right now, we have no idea. Yes X has been playing great, but he's very emotional and may regress again. yes Perry is a 5 star, but sometimes players don't live up to the hype right away. etc etc. You can make an argument for or against any lineup right now, but we haven't seen half of these guys so it's hard to say who's better than who

The important thing is though, that we can feel pretty confident either way that the guys earning minutes will be damn good, and we have good backups behind them.

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 11:54 PM
Guys the important thing isn't whether Z player should start over Y player, its that we have 2 good players competing for the same spot! Regardless of who wins what spot, unless Perry and Woodard are extremely overrated we will have a damn good 2 deep at every spot. Who wins 60% of the minutes doesn't matter, as either way we'll have a very good player o nthe court.

Give it an off season, let Howland experiment in early non-con play, and then we can argue over what's the best lineup. But right now, we have no idea. Yes X has been playing great, but he's very emotional and may regress again. yes Perry is a 5 star, but sometimes players don't live up to the hype right away. etc etc. You can make an argument for or against any lineup right now, but we haven't seen half of these guys so it's hard to say who's better than who

The important thing is though, that we can feel pretty confident either way that the guys earning minutes will be damn good, and we have good backups behind them.

Excellent post /end thread

klong-dog
03-22-2018, 11:30 AM
I think it will be the deepest and most talented team we've ever had. Yes, even over the 96 & 2004 teams.

msstate7
03-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Do you guys think with the depth we have coming in for the frontcourt that we press more next season? I really think pressing could be beneficial to us with how athletic we are. This season we could not do it much bc no depth for bigs

Bulldog1
03-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Do you guys think with the depth we have coming in for the frontcourt that we press more next season? I really think pressing could be beneficial to us with how athletic we are. This season we could not do it much bc no depth for bigs

We would benefit from it, no doubt. But Howland isn’t a big fan of it except in the last minute or so. I know we all blamed that ref for the Missouri loss, and rightly so, but if we keep pressing in OT, we win by 10.