PDA

View Full Version : If you questions about Kansas City...

paco
03-21-2018, 08:09 AM
I'll be glad to help.

Here's a couple things:
We have over thirty persons in Alumni Chapter and gather to watch all MSU televised FB games.
The Sprint Center is downtown. There are plenty of dining and drinking establishments within easy walking distance.
I was at "Eagles" concert Monday at Sprint Center. It is a good place to view a basketball game. Big12 Tourney, NIT Championship are held there every year. Regional NCAA also every 2-3 years.
Hotels on Country Club Plaza are approx 4 miles from Sprint Center. 'The Plaza' has upscale hotels, dining and shopping.
KC is an easy town to "get around". There are vitually no areas where one wouldn't feel safe.
There's not a better BBQ town in America.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll attempt to help.

BTW, the Sprint Center ticket office clerk volunteered to me that MSU is going to be "very well represented". IOW, MSU tickets are selling fast.

HailState!!!

Big4Dawg
03-21-2018, 08:24 AM
BBQ Rank:
1) Q39
2) Joe’s

paco
03-21-2018, 08:34 AM
BBQ Rank:
1) Q39
2) Joe?s

That is an excellent start!!!

Dawgbite
03-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Why isn't it called Missouri City ?

iPat09
03-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Not to get too OT but since you brought it up, how was the concert? Heading to see the Eagles in Birmingham at the end of April.

paco
03-21-2018, 02:05 PM
iPat, the concert was well worth attending. Deacon Frye is a solid addition to the band. No one could replace Glenn Frye but Vince Gill is as good as anyone could be. I saw Eagles "History" tour and that was one of three best concerts ever for me (along with Pink Floyd "Animals" and Rolling Stones three years ago). The concert was 2.5 hours of back-to-back great songs. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Bully13
03-21-2018, 02:17 PM
iPat, the concert was well worth attending. Deacon Frye is a solid addition to the band. No one could replace Glenn Frye but Vince Gill is as good as anyone could be. I saw Eagles "History" tour and that was one of three best concerts ever for me (along with Pink Floyd "Animals" and Rolling Stones three years ago). The concert was 2.5 hours of back-to-back great songs. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm not a huge Eagles fan but I did see them in the Superdome back in the late 70's or so. I've never heard a band duplicate their studio sound on stage any better.

DawgInMemphis
03-21-2018, 02:38 PM
That is an excellent start!!!

No love for Jack Stack?

iPat09
03-21-2018, 03:07 PM
I'm not a huge Eagles fan but I did see them in the Superdome back in the late 70's or so. I've never heard a band duplicate their studio sound on stage any better.

I'll argue that Tom Petty did. Saw them in Memphis last year. But if seeing Eagles can live up to that, I'm in for a good show. Side note, I'll be seeing Bon Jovi in Atlanta the next day.

mparkerfd20
03-21-2018, 03:27 PM
BBQ Rank:
1) Q39
2) Joe’s
Jack Stack isn't that shabby either.

Big4Dawg
03-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Jack Stack is fine. I think it's fine. It's a little to formal for my taste. The other 2 are much better IMO. Q39>>>>>

I live in KC, moved here about 2 years ago. So if anyone has any questions, just ask away.

paco
03-21-2018, 04:02 PM
No love for Jack Stack?

For many years Jack Stack was my fav. I still like Jack Stack!

CarolinaDawgs
03-22-2018, 09:11 AM
In reference to BBQ, there is a city in West TN that is on the Mississippi river I can give you directions to if you need them.

DawgInMemphis
03-22-2018, 09:18 AM
In reference to BBQ, there is a city in West TN that is on the Mississippi river I can give you directions to if you need them.

I think I know this place of which you speak...

I'm a born and raised Memphian, so this is hard to admit but I think KC Cue is just as good as ours.

msstatelp1
03-22-2018, 09:27 AM

I'm a born and raised Memphian, so this is hard to admit but I think KC Cue is just as good as ours.

Surely you were under the influence of a mind altering substance when you wrote this. Now had you said ALMOST as good I could probably agree.

1bigdawg
03-22-2018, 09:42 AM
I spend a short period in both Memphis and Kansas City every year and always try the BBQ. If you like pulled pork, they are comparable. For pork ribs, Memphis is king.

JMCDAWG
03-22-2018, 09:42 AM
I live in St Louis for a few years and traveled to KC about once a month> let me tell you if I did not bring some Burnt Ends home i was in trouble.

Political Hack
03-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Chiefs also have at least 2 former bulldogs on their roster for next year right now, which clearly shows that we’re going to win any game we play in that city.

Bully13
03-22-2018, 02:02 PM
I spend a short period in both Memphis and Kansas City every year and always try the BBQ. If you like pulled pork, they are comparable. For pork ribs, Memphis is king.

never had any K.C. barbecue. only drove thru the town, never stopped there. depends on what you like, preference. I've never liked BBQ sauce. not a fan of sugar. Never cared much for ribs till I ate at Rendevoux. the other place in Memphis , Corky's has some great dry rub ribs too. I prefer paprika over high fructose corn syrup. for sweetness, I use a soy sauce and honey mix.

Never cared much for brisket till I moved to TX. they know how to do it real moist out here.

Coldsleeve Jr.
03-22-2018, 02:40 PM
I always think of burnt ends with KC bbq. But that?s prob bc I?ve had them at Joes and they were incredible. Melt in your mouth with a beef jerky type flavor.

Tbonewannabe
03-22-2018, 02:46 PM

Memphis Barbaque Co in Horn Lake is my favorite BBQ restaurant around Memphis. They have a lot that is fantastic that isn't just BBQ.

nsvltndog
03-22-2018, 04:24 PM
I ate at Q39 last summer and all the Chiefs rookies were in the house. It is awesome BBQ.

Big4Dawg
03-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Burnt Ends >>>> memphis bbq.

lived in both cities