PDA

View Full Version : Penn State in NYC...

Dawg61
03-20-2018, 11:03 PM
we're gonna be outnumbered 5-1 fan wise, this is their first taste of basketball success in forever and we just stole their coach so it's gonna be rowdy. This will be a very fun game. We beat them and things go WKU way we could be playing Stansbury for the NIT title.

https://media.giphy.com/media/L3BUdX5K1VKBa/giphy.gif

dawgday166
03-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Stans is pretty decent as an underdog. He can surprise when that is case. I won't mention how terrible he is as favorite tho. **** Might get too many folks pissed off LOL.

Dawg61
03-20-2018, 11:13 PM
Stans is pretty decent as an underdog. He can surprise when that is case. I won't mention how terrible he is as favorite tho. **** Might get too many folks pissed off LOL.

They've got Oklahoma State in Stillwater and then probably Saint Mary's. Gonna be tough for Stans to make it to our game if we get by PSU.

1bigdawg
03-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Stans is a good game planner and a good recruited. He did not adjust well to situations when he was at MSU, whether it was mid-game or with the athletes off the court.

Pit Bull
03-21-2018, 01:06 AM
we're gonna be outnumbered 5-1 fan wise, this is their first taste of basketball success in forever and we just stole their coach so it's gonna be rowdy. This will be a very fun game. We beat them and things go WKU way we could be playing Stansbury for the NIT title.

There's probably 15-20,000 Penn St. fans in NYC area alone.....not to mention the rest only a few miles away....will look like one of their home games I imagine.

MCsMGs
03-21-2018, 04:16 AM
There was 22,900 in the Yum Center last night with maybe 100 State fans...MSG only holds 20,000, so we won’t be any worse off than we were last night.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2018, 08:05 AM

I don’t think “stole their coach” will play much part in it. From everything I saw back then they were just happy for him and felt he deserved it. Not every fan base is as an insecure ex as we are. We are one of the worst.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2018, 08:12 AM
So what your are saying we may have a chance to make them our bitch?

MedDawg
03-21-2018, 08:14 AM

We were outnumbered at lot worse than that last night in Louisville.

I have degrees from both MSU and Penn State. I remain a big Penn State fan and go up there for football games every 2-3 years. Having said that....GO DAWGS!

Bubb Rubb
03-21-2018, 08:18 AM
There was 22,900 in the Yum Center last night with maybe 100 State fans...MSG only holds 20,000, so we won’t be any worse off than we were last night.

The announced attendance was less than 11,000, but carry on.

DawgRockur
03-21-2018, 08:22 AM
The announced attendance was less than 11,000, but carry on.

Thank you. I was getting ready to post this. So frustrating when people post false, mininformed info on message boards.

shannondawg
03-21-2018, 08:39 AM
Well 22900 sounded better, will use that figure when telling my ole missy buddy about the game.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 08:39 AM
It was still a wild crowd

Pit Bull
03-21-2018, 09:53 AM
We were outnumbered at lot worse than that last night in Louisville.

I have degrees from both MSU and Penn State. I remain a big Penn State fan and go up there for football games every 2-3 years. Having said that....GO DAWGS!

So, you're the one who told Cohen about JoMo!!

Dawg61
03-21-2018, 09:59 AM
I don’t think “stole their coach” will play much part in it. From everything I saw back then they were just happy for him and felt he deserved it. Not every fan base is as an insecure ex as we are. We are one of the worst.

It'll play a big part in our matchup. Media will try to find any common ground they can between the two fanbases and Moorhead is a big one. It'll get talked about during the game by the announcers. I guarantee.

Pit Bull
03-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Well 22900 sounded better, will use that figure when telling my ole missy buddy about the game.

I thought they had 22K there too as loud as it was.....but I think that is the total stadium capacity. Couldn't really see if the upper sections of the arena were full or not on tv. Guess they weren't. Lower level looked crammed packed.

basedog
03-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Playing in the Garden is a great experience, if you listen to players who have had a chance to play there say it's like no other.

The exposure in New York can't be denied, fact is at least we will be talked about whereas we play in the Dance with one and done is long forgotten!

BuckyIsAB****
03-21-2018, 10:23 AM
I don?t think ?stole their coach? will play much part in it. From everything I saw back then they were just happy for him and felt he deserved it. Not every fan base is as an insecure ex as we are. We are one of the worst.

Difference in the Big 10 and SEC. We really care. They pretend to care. Nothing insecure about it.

80 percent of Penn St fans and all Big 10 schools most likely, care 10x more about their pro teams than their school

Pit Bull
03-21-2018, 10:24 AM
They've got Oklahoma State in Stillwater and then probably Saint Mary's. Gonna be tough for Stans to make it to our game if we get by PSU.

Yeah.....Stans & Co. win at those 2 places, then he certainly deserves to be in NYC. To me....St. Marys is dang scary....they could easily win it all. Half of their team I think is from Australia.

louisvilledawg
03-21-2018, 10:57 AM

Announced crowd of under 11,000. Capacity is 22,090. Carry on.