PDA

View Full Version : NBCSports Reported That Ado With His 67th Blocked Shot Tonight Is Tied with.....

yjnkdawg
03-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Jarvis Varnado for the most blocked shots in a season by a MSU freshman. So he has a good chance to break Varnado's record. I really liked Varnado when he was on our team, but I hope Ado can set a new record.

Lord McBuckethead
03-21-2018, 06:53 AM
I hope Ado can set an MSU scoring record as well. Keep grinding ado

MetEdDawg
03-21-2018, 07:06 AM
I love Ado, but he's not breaking that record. Here's why:

1) Let's remember that the 3 years after Varnado's 67 blocks as a freshman he went 157, 170, and 170. Those numbers are ridiculous and I'm not sure Ado can get there.

2) Varnado did that 67 his freshman year averaging 13 minutes a game. Ado has averaged 26 minutes a game. So he's got the same number of blocks in twice the minutes played.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ado and his potential. But Varnado is the greatest shot blocker of all time. The fact is that his freshman year Varnado averaged one block every 6 minutes of play. Ado is averaging one block every 12 minutes of play. Ado has a LONG way to go to get to where Varnado was.

msstate7
03-21-2018, 07:10 AM
I love Ado, but he's not breaking that record. Here's why:

1) Let's remember that the 3 years after Varnado's 67 blocks as a freshman he went 157, 170, and 170. Those numbers are ridiculous and I'm not sure Ado can get there.

2) Varnado did that 67 his freshman year averaging 13 minutes a game. Ado has averaged 26 minutes a game. So he's got the same number of blocks in twice the minutes played.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ado and his potential. But Varnado is the greatest shot blocker of all time. The fact is that his freshman year Varnado averaged one block every 6 minutes of play. Ado is averaging one block every 12 minutes of play. Ado has a LONG way to go to get to where Varnado was.

I agree on shot blocking. I think ado passes JV as an all around player though.

MetEdDawg
03-21-2018, 07:46 AM
I agree on shot blocking. I think ado passes JV as an all around player though.

He's already got better moves in the post and plays a tad more quickly around the rim than Varnado did at this point. Ado needs to get his hands better and anticipate facilitation from our guards much better. He's wasted easy buckets because he's got bad hands around the rim on passes.

If he fixes those things he will become a 12 point a night kind of guy next year and will do so without having to take points away from anyone else. He will just be able to maximize his opportunities better.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Just for the sake of all that is holy and merciful do not make a video of Ado blocking pieces of paper saying Ado blocks.

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Ado is going to be a much better all round player than Varnardo. He will also be a better defender. Jarvis was a great shot blocker. He was a slightly above average defender. Ado reminds me more of a young Dampier. If he had Dampier?s wingspan the sky would be the limit.

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 07:58 AM
I believe Ado will be 1st team All-SEC if not his Sophomore year, his Junior year. He will only get better.

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Ado has the chance to get drafted and play some in the NBA. If he continues to develop, he has a possible career in the NBA. As much as I love JV, he never had a real NBA skill set.