03-19-2018, 06:49 PM
I cannot read it. When I blow it up, distorts too bad

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 06:49 PM
I cannot read it. When I blow it up, distorts too bad

I think I fixed it. Don’t know what happened

msstate7
03-19-2018, 06:51 PM
I feel certain howland will get a raise and extension after the season. I will feel much better when that is done

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 06:55 PM
I feel certain howland will get a raise and extension after the season. I will feel much better when that is done

Yea. State law only allowed for a 4 year deal. That will be over next year. Lock him up now

Harrydawg
03-19-2018, 07:19 PM
It would be the most MS State thing ever if Howland went somewhere else right after the “back up” plan accepted a job at UM.

BeardoMSU
03-19-2018, 07:28 PM
It would be the most MS State thing ever if Howland went somewhere else right after the ?back up? plan accepted a job at UM.

http://schoolsucksproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

bulldawg28
03-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Nice contract

Harrydawg
03-19-2018, 07:34 PM
And no, There is close to zero chance that Howland is going anywhere.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 07:35 PM
And no, There is close to zero chance that Howland is going anywhere.

He most certainly retires here.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Howland ain’t Leaving us. He has just gotten things built and he is getting old. This is his last stand

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 08:22 PM
That's a pretty generous salary. He must have about quadrupled his income.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 08:29 PM
That's a pretty generous salary. He must have about quadrupled his income.

He did

MarketingBully
03-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Howland makes much more then $2.05 million btw. The $2.05 million is the salary that is public. It doesn’t include his income supplemented by Adidas and private donations.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 09:41 PM
Howland makes much more then $2.05 million btw. The $2.05 million is the salary that is public. It doesn’t include his income supplemented by Adidas and private donations.

Davis's is $2.50M, not $2.05. He has a bunch of incentives too. Seems like a lot to me for a coach coming from a mid-major.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2018, 10:04 PM
Ole Miss is paying too much. Probably had to throw the bank at him after missing on Matta. They couldn’t afford the PR hit of losing out on Matta AND their plan B. Hell, I’d yell Hotty Toddy for that salary. That’s life changing for the frog. Congrats to him. Hope we beat his ass.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 10:10 PM
Ole Miss is paying too much. Probably had to throw the bank at him after missing on Matta. They couldn’t afford the PR hit of losing out on Matta AND their plan B. Hell, I’d yell Hotty Toddy for that salary. That’s life changing for the frog. Congrats to him. Hope we beat his ass.

I don't see how any of us (MSU folks) could blame him for taking the job. By comparison, I seem to recall that Freeze got "only" $1.5M with similar level, though not as extensive, experience. And football should pay better than basketball, in my opinion. Of course, he had rapid salary increases as he cheated his way up, but he started out pretty low, relatively speaking.

starkvegasdawg
03-19-2018, 10:12 PM

Maybe a little easier being green now.

Dawg61
03-19-2018, 10:14 PM
How do we know this is legit and not fake? Anything I see with their logo on it I assume is fake. I doubt they're paying Kermit more than Luke.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Maybe a little easier being green now.

He can afford to change his color now. Maybe blue like Cookie.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 10:15 PM
How do we know this is legit and not fake? Anything I see with their logo on it I assume is fake. I doubt they're paying Kermit more than Luke.

Correct. It just seems outrageous ... too good to be true, if you will.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 10:17 PM

I think it’s crazy to pay Kermit over $2MM when they could’ve gotten Crean for the same price, unless he turned them down.

MarketingBully
03-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Davis's is $2.50M, not $2.05. He has a bunch of incentives too. Seems like a lot to me for a coach coming from a mid-major.

You don’t understand. What we say we pay coaches publicly is not what we pay coaches. We have the public contract which is what is known publicly and covered under the FOIA. Then we supplement those contracts with the MSU Foundation/Bulldog Club and in Howland’s case Adidas contract. These numbers aren’t covered by the FOIA and MSU doesn’t have to share this information with the public which drives Will Sammon crazy because you won’t know our coaches true salaries. Now I have no doubt Howland will get a bump to his salary and extension for another year like he always has since he got here.

Pit Bull
03-19-2018, 11:37 PM
Pretty sweet contract.....like the incentives part too!

Pit Bull
03-19-2018, 11:41 PM
I think it’s crazy to pay Kermit over $2MM when they could’ve gotten Crean for the same price, unless he turned them down.

Lot of talk in Memphis that Penny would add Larry Brown and Crean to his staff to help guide him with decision making. Kind a bizzaro if you ask me, but if he can get that done, he'll have some nice hired help. And Memphis can pay them very well for assistants. They'll just get Fred Smith to pull out his check book for whatever is needed.

MarketingBully
03-19-2018, 11:47 PM
Lot of talk in Memphis that Penny would add Larry Brown and Crean to his staff to help guide him with decision making. Kind a bizzaro if you ask me, but if he can get that done, he'll have some nice hired help. And Memphis can pay them very well for assistants. They'll just get Fred Smith to pull out his check book for whatever is needed.

Crean is the Georgia coach and Memphis isn’t touching Brown with his NCAA trouble.

Pit Bull
03-19-2018, 11:48 PM
Ole Miss is paying too much. Probably had to throw the bank at him after missing on Matta. They couldn?t afford the PR hit of losing out on Matta AND their plan B. Hell, I?d yell Hotty Toddy for that salary. That?s life changing for the frog. Congrats to him. Hope we beat his ass.

Give Kermit a couple years and he'll have a competitive team. Likely will see (in truest of Ole Miss fashion).....many 1 and 2 year transfers from D-1 programs across the country to kick start them. Time to send out the graduate program brochures in basket weaving, park management, and medical marijuana manufacturing.

Pit Bull
03-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Crean is the Georgia coach and Memphis isn’t touching Brown with his NCAA trouble.

Oh, ok....guess Tom must have gone back for more. He initially took his name out of the UGA hat.

Bulldog1
03-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Penny is also considering Tony Barbree for Asst. Coach