PDA

View Full Version : I hope our women show up tonight...

CadaverDawg
03-19-2018, 08:17 AM
They could easily get beat by OSU if they come out flat. We only beat OSU by 3 earlier this year, and they smoked the 9 seed Syracuse by 30 Saturday....so we better bring it. Would be a damn shame for this group of Seniors to not even make the Sweet 16 their last season. For a women?s hoops game, I?m slightly nervous for them about this matchup.

TXDawg
03-19-2018, 08:26 AM
We were up 9 with less than a minute to play. They hit a 3 with 2 seconds left to make it a 3-point game. That game was not as close as the score indicates.

Besides, when has this team NOT shown up? We're not talking about the men here.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 08:27 AM
I’m actually not that worried. I think we come out on fire.

msstate7
03-19-2018, 08:29 AM
Cadaver, you working on being a nega-state guy like myself. Never, ever say we will do anything but destroy everyone every time lol

Coach34
03-19-2018, 08:34 AM
upsets in the women's NCAA Tourney before the Sweet 16 are few and far between.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-19-2018, 09:06 AM
upsets in the women's NCAA Tourney before the Sweet 16 are few and far between.

True that, but we are Miss STate.

msbulldog
03-19-2018, 09:15 AM
We got to the Hump Saturday in time to see the last quarter of OSU/Syracuse. OSU does not have a big that can hang with Big T. Tiera has developed her game as the season has progressed. She is a much better player now than she was at the beginning of the year. We will be there today also.

Cooterpoot
03-19-2018, 09:15 AM
If we're hitting the outside shots, we're good no matter who we play. Lately, we've had trouble with that early in the game. Need to come out stroking it. Still, I think we win by 10-15.

drunkernhelldawg
03-19-2018, 09:28 AM
OSU has already proven they can play with us. I just hope we want it enough.

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2018, 09:34 AM
We got to the Hump Saturday in time to see the last quarter of OSU/Syracuse. OSU does not have a big that can hang with Big T. Tiera has developed her game as the season has progressed. She is a much better player now than she was at the beginning of the year. We will be there today also.

Big T is the most unskilled uncoordinated star player I have ever seen. Just being honest. Not trying to hate

drummerdawg
03-19-2018, 09:39 AM
I think we're the better team and "should" win. But, my biggest fear is it being the seniors last game at the Hump. Something about that Tennessee game last year left a bad taste in my mouth. If they can keep their emotions in check they should win.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Big T is the most unskilled uncoordinated star player I have ever seen. Just being honest. Not trying to hate

She is better than you think she is. Numbers don’t lie.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2018, 09:56 AM

I saw the whole game. They had a big that Syracuse couldn’t cope with. She was just muscling the Syracuse girl’s out of the way. She won’t do that with Big T unless the refs get ticky tack and won’t let Big T play defence. The other thing they did was shoot absolutely lights out from 3. They were shooting 60% for a while, and they were taking a lot of them.

Pit Bull
03-19-2018, 10:04 AM

Well.....T was a project when we signed her. Very raw, but had the one measurable that made everyone want her. Height. Have actually been told she's closer to 6'8". She has improved, but I'm still not happy with how slow she moves her feet. Not sure what fundamental drills Vic has her doing daily, but if it were me, I would have her doing the football ropes in conjunction with a variety of basketball post position moves with and without the ball.....EVERY DAY before and after practice. Her time to complete them would be recorded to see if the drill times improved over a season. I also would make her practice using her pivot foot inside w/o putting the ball on the floor. As tall as she is, she should almost never have to put the ball on the floor except in extreme situations. However....I am thankful she chose MSU. Without her, we don't beat UCONN or have the winning success we have been having. Just her presence on defense in the middle changes the offensive equation of our opponents. It makes them uncomfortable and it makes them change their shots. Plus, she seems to rebound well.

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2018, 10:08 AM

She only puts up those numbers bc nobody other than the girl from South Carolina and idk what UConn has can guard her and keep her off the boards.

She gets outplayed by the girl from SC every time we play them. Its not close. She has no skill.

We wouldnt have much of a shot without her though bc of her size

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Well.....T was a project when we signed her. Very raw, but had the one measurable that made everyone want her. Height. Have actually been told she's closer to 6'8". She has improved, but I'm still not happy with how slow she moves her feet. Not sure what fundamental drills Vic has her doing daily, but if it were me, I would have her doing the football ropes in conjunction with a variety of basketball post position moves with and without the ball.....EVERY DAY before and after practice. Her time to complete them would be recorded to see if the drill times improved over a season. However....I am thankful she chose MSU. Without her, we don't beat UCONN or have the winning success we have been having. Just her presence on defense in the middle changes the offensive equation of our opponents. It makes them uncomfortable and it makes them change their shots. Plus, she seems to rebound well.

Agreed. She has nowhere near the skill that ol girl from SC has but shes one of the most valuable players on the team. Maybe the most valuable.

Like I said I dont dislike her, not trying to hate but its just the truth

MeridianDog
03-19-2018, 10:53 AM

I agree. She almost always has two people on her and she still performs. Added to that, she is a threat that must be considered on both D and O. Wish her well and know she will do her part tonight.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Agreed. She has nowhere near the skill that ol girl from SC has but shes one of the most valuable players on the team. Maybe the most valuable.

Like I said I dont dislike her, not trying to hate but its just the truth

Come on--She has worked on Her free throws and is now pretty good. She has worked on He post game and shoots 60%. the problem is she gets pushed around with no call alot. She is doubled most times. She is at Her best on offensive put backs. Just hope She doesn't get in foul trouble like the SC game. Big T is the reason we are 32-1--don't dis-Her.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2018, 10:58 AM
She only puts up those numbers bc nobody other than the girl from South Carolina and idk what UConn has can guard her and keep her off the boards.

She gets outplayed by the girl from SC every time we play them. Its not close. She has no skill.

She is the equivalent of about a 7?5? guy. She is remarkably skilled for her size. You are basically saying because she can’t outplay a smaller girl who is allowed by the refs to do what ever she wants to do and the best team in any sport in history she isn’t skilled. LOL.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Big T is the reason we are 32-1--don't dis-Her.

I get so sick of these comments you make like Q is the reason we are in postseason...partly sure so is Lamar. Before Peters began starting- we were 2-4 in the SEC and looked shitty. We had Q then in the spotlight- why were we struggling? Q is the reason we are in postseason, Peters is the reason, Nick is the reason, X and Carter with the improved 3 point shooting are the reason- it all works. But we damn sure werent a postseason team without the play of Peters the last 20 games

Wanda is the reason we are 32-1
Viv is the reason we are 32-1
Ro is the reason we are 32-1
Having 2 PG's is the reason we are 32-1
Blair making open 3's in the reason we are 32-1

Without Viv- we would have been a borderline Tourney team. We would have struggled to score and Blair would have never gotten open 3's. Wanda is average just posting up- she gets so many points off of putbacks.
Without Wanda- We are certainly a Tourney team but weak in the post and likely one and done.

confucius say
03-19-2018, 02:12 PM

She and Wilson are two totally different players. Wilson is a true 4 and she is a true 5. Of course she doesn?t have the skill of Wilson. Bad comparison.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 02:23 PM
ha, sorry you are sick. Who in the **** ever said Lamar isn't the reason we are in the post-season. If we counted post that made people sick yours would be the equivalent to Typhoid Mary. More people gag after reading your agenda driven bullshit than anyone on any message board. Who besides you got kicked out of six-pack and had to go start His on Board (which I do like--thx for that). But if you think we would be 32-1 without Big T then you are delusional. And I think you can say the same for Tory--not so with Blair and ROJO-they are what they are partially because of Big T and Victoria.They are very nice role players that can shoot.

yjnkdawg
03-19-2018, 02:35 PM

The girl from SC is a 6'5" forward and not a center, If you find a player who is 6'5" in women's basketball, who has close to the skill set and athleticism that Wilson has, then please let us know who it is.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Who besides you got kicked out of six-pack and had to go start His on Board (which I do like--thx for that).

Thats an outright fabrication

Elitedawgs started out as a private board with about 40 members from Sixpack and 247 combined. We continually asked DS to make Sixpack a "State-only" board and he refused. So a few of us decided to start our own board and make it "State-only". We launched on April 1st, 2013- and on that day I posted on Sixpack that I would no longer post on Sixpack. That post is still in Sixpack Remembers I believe- or at least it was a couple of years ago. And per Sixpack rules- if you announce you are leaving- they ban you. Which I knew was coming before I made the post.

As usual on most topics- you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2018, 03:04 PM
I get so sick of these comments you make like Q is the reason we are in postseason...partly sure so is Lamar. Before Peters began starting- we were 2-4 in the SEC and looked shitty. We had Q then in the spotlight- why were we struggling? Q is the reason we are in postseason, Peters is the reason, Nick is the reason, X and Carter with the improved 3 point shooting are the reason- it all works. But we damn sure werent a postseason team without the play of Peters the last 20 games

Without Viv- we would have been a borderline Tourney team. We would have struggled to score and Blair would have never gotten open 3's. Wanda is average just posting up- she gets so many points off of putbacks.
Without Wanda- We are certainly a Tourney team but weak in the post and likely one and done.

Does giving people derogatory sounding nicknames make you feel good or something? I stil laugh at you for calling Dak "Checkdown Charlie."

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Thats an outright fabrication

Elitedawgs started out as a private board with about 40 members from Sixpack and 247 combined. We continually asked DS to make Sixpack a "State-only" board and he refused. So a few of us decided to start our own board and make it "State-only". We launched on April 1st, 2013- and on that day I posted on Sixpack that I would no longer post on Sixpack. That post is still in Sixpack Remembers I believe- or at least it was a couple of years ago. And per Sixpack rules- if you announce you are leaving- they ban you. Which I knew was coming before I made the post.

As usual on most topics- you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

so you are agreeing that they banned you- This coming from from a man that has people's by-lines being times you have been wrong. . I just said you were kicked off of 6 pack, and you agreed. whatever the reason. 34, you try to be an expert but fail woefully. but you do have ability to spin shit, to change the subject.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Looks like ESPN has the same screwed up schedule for tonight's game as it did for the first one, unless you live in Mississippi. It's only available if you live in-state. And for no real reason that I can see. On the bright side, I have satellite television, which is subject to going out with rain, so given the severe weather we're having, having to stream the game might be an advantage. No recording though.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 03:29 PM
so you are agreeing that they banned you- This coming from from a man that has people's by-lines being times you have been wrong. . I just said you were kicked off of 6 pack, and you agreed. whatever the reason. 34, you try to be an expert but fail woefully. but you do have ability to spin shit, to change the subject.

When you announce you are never posting on another site again- does it matter if they ban you or not?

basedog
03-19-2018, 03:35 PM
Looks like ESPN has the same screwed up schedule for tonight's game as it did for the first one, unless you live in Mississippi. It's only available if you live in-state. And for no real reason that I can see. On the bright side, I have satellite television, which is subject to going out with rain, so given the severe weather we're having, having to stream the game might be an advantage. No recording though.

I have direct TV, the weather did cause the men's game to go out and/or freeze. So I switched over to my Firestick, went to Espn, watched the rest of the game. There may be better options than firestick but it was a gift for Christmas and I have enjoyed it but still learning how to use it more.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 03:37 PM
I have direct TV, the weather did cause the men's game to go out and/or freeze. So I switched over to my Firestick, went to Espn, watched the rest of the game. There may be better options than firestick but it was a gift for Christmas and I have enjoyed it but still learning how to use it more.

I have a Roku, but it's one of the lower models. I've been thinking about a Firestick just to change things up a little. The Roku is really slow to load.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Does giving people derogatory sounding nicknames make you feel good or something? I stil laugh at you for calling Dak "Checkdown Charlie."

Just because your are dumb and laugh at something you don?t understand only makes people feel sorry for you. We laugh at your posts daily.

And FYI- Dakota was 19th in the NFL for 2016 on average pass yards in the air from the LOS. He doesn?t stretch the defense vertically enough. That?s the definition of Checkdown Charlie

basedog
03-19-2018, 03:44 PM
I have a Roku, but it's one of the lower models. I've been thinking about a Firestick just to change things up a little. The Roku is really slow to load.

So far I haven't had any problems with loading. I wish I knew more about what all I can get as for as movies, I've downloaded several such as Kodi which I haven't understood it yet and it takes a long time to load.

RocketDawg
03-19-2018, 03:53 PM
So far I haven't had any problems with loading. I wish I knew more about what all I can get as for as movies, I've downloaded several such as Kodi which I haven't understood it yet and it takes a long time to load.

I'm the same ... I haven't really explored the capabilities. I've only used the Roku for basketball games, and an occasional baseball game, that I can't get otherwise. I don't even use the apps on my televison much.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 04:29 PM
When you announce you are never posting on another site again- does it matter if they ban you or not?

i give--what's the answer? if you ask them --they banned You..I don't guess it matters--Peace Out.

confucius say
03-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Just because your are dumb and laugh at something you don?t understand only makes people feel sorry for you. We laugh at your posts daily.

And FYI- Dakota was 19th in the NFL for 2016 on average pass yards in the air from the LOS. He doesn?t stretch the defense vertically enough. That?s the definition of Checkdown Charlie

You say that as if it is a critique of dak. Whereas his coach and every analyst praised him for it and it led to, arguably, the best rookie qb season ever. That?s why the nickname choice was strange.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Dak had a down year last year- still 4th in NFL in QBR.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:32 PM

I know Wanda is Tierra, but what does that mean lol. I must have missed that!

Coach34
03-19-2018, 05:37 PM
I know Wanda is Tierra, but what does that mean lol. I must have missed that!

google Wanda from In Living Color

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:40 PM

I know who you’re talking about now. That’s funny!

Coach34
03-19-2018, 05:41 PM
if you ask them --they banned You..

How did I post that I was never posting there again if I was banned?

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:42 PM
How did I post that I was never posting there again if I was banned?

Well, technically You banned yourself. Wouldn’t you say?

Liverpooldawg
03-19-2018, 05:50 PM

Laughing at you once again!

Coach34
03-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Well, technically You banned yourself. Wouldn’t you say?

exactly

Coach34
03-19-2018, 05:57 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Bf3R7138Rvh4I/giphy.gif

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 06:01 PM

You sure are amused easily.

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2018, 06:26 PM
She is the equivalent of about a 7?5? guy. She is remarkably skilled for her size. You are basically saying because she can?t outplay a smaller girl who is allowed by the refs to do what ever she wants to do and the best team in any sport in history she isn?t skilled. LOL.

If you cant admit the girl from SC is flat out better than T then idk what to tell you.

Are the refs the reason she can shoot mid range? Are the refs the reason she can make point blank layups? T never thinks of shooting middies and misses around the basket too much for having the size advantage she does.

ScoobaDawg
03-19-2018, 06:27 PM
i give--what's the answer? if you ask them --they banned You..I don't guess it matters--Peace Out.

Did you just announce you are leaving??? Because I always liked that rule and a few others from the pack...

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 06:27 PM

You right, Bucky.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Did you just announce you are leaving??? Because I always liked that rule and a few others from the pack...

17 no. Kemper folks have always been slow to comprehend.

maroonmania
03-19-2018, 08:06 PM

While nobody is going to try and claim Dak is the best downfield passer in the league, the fact that he was that low in avg pass yards from the LOS was really as much or more an indictment of his WR corps than him. When you have an old Dez that can no longer get any separation and a bunch of other mediocre guys I'm not sure what Dak is supposed to do? His best option is probably still Whitten and that dude is past retirement age. Last year Dak's OL was worse, his WR corps was worse and Elliott missed a bunch of games with his suspension. If Dallas doesn't get some of the other parts of their offense fixed it won't matter what Dak does because he can't do it by himself.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 08:08 PM
While nobody is going to try and claim Dak is the best downfield passer in the league, the fact that he was that low in avg pass yards from the LOS was really as much or more an indictment of his WR corps than him. When you have an old Dez that can no longer get any separation and a bunch of other mediocre guys I'm not sure what Dak is supposed to do? His best option is probably still Whitten and that dude is past retirement age. Last year Dak's OL was worse, his WR corps was worse and Elliott missed a bunch of games with his suspension. If Dallas doesn't get some of the other parts of their offense fixed it won't matter what Dak does because he can't do it by himself.
Dallas better get it together or it will be a long NFL season for me...

Cooterpoot
03-19-2018, 08:17 PM
While y’all talking bout Dak, William is shooting too much. Terrible shot selection by her. Pass it.

Cloak
03-19-2018, 08:22 PM
Mental errors are killing us right now. May only win this one by 20...

Dawgology
03-19-2018, 08:24 PM
Can’t buy a shot and getting out hustled. Not looking good.

Dawgology
03-19-2018, 08:26 PM
William has her head up her butt. Good grief!

TXDawg
03-19-2018, 10:12 PM

You?re the only ?fan? of a school or team I?ve ever known that seems to get his rocks off by making up childish, derogatory nicknames for players of the school/team he professes to be a fan of.

Ridiculously childish, but you keep being you.

Coach34
03-19-2018, 10:32 PM
You?re the only ?fan? of a school or team I?ve ever known that seems to get his rocks off by making up childish, derogatory nicknames for players of the school/team he professes to be a fan of.

Ridiculously childish, but you keep being you.

I'm alot easier on her than other bulldog fans I know. I'm getting soft in my old age

ScoobaDawg
03-20-2018, 08:45 AM
17 no. Kemper folks have always been slow to comprehend.

Sure you want to pick that battle...

tcdog70
03-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Sure you want to pick that battle...

look dude--I was kidding-hell I went to Scooba tech and have lot's of Kemper Friends--are you just trying to be a Dick? i know you are a big Edawg-moderator but don't let it go to your head.

smootness
03-20-2018, 09:49 AM

So you're using the fact that Dak Prescott was 19th among starting NFL QB's in average air yards to defend your decision to use that nickname for him while he was in college and the greatest athlete in the history of our program?

Let's see how many of the QBs ahead of him on that list were even in college at the time:
Deshaun Watson
Carson Wentz
Deshone Kizer

And here are some of the QBs behind him on that list:
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
Kirk Cousins
Joe Flacco
Derek Carr
Jay Cutler

And somehow this defends calling one of our own players (our best player, and our best player ever) by a nickname intended to disparage him while he was still in college.

You've always been more about yourself than Mississippi State. Keep on keeping on.