PDA

View Full Version : Vs Baylor basketball

Pages : 1 [2]

Coach34
03-18-2018, 07:00 PM
According to you and the 34 minions? We have worse defenders than Q that are never mentioned. 34 just has to point out to all you Parrotts when Q makes a mistakes and y'all run with it like fools.he is a shit stirrer and y'all lick the spoon. Q is 2nd team all sec. he is a leader in steals and assists. Some times Ben asks Q to take over and he try's to do too much. He cheats on defense and gets burned sometimes. He normally guards someone that is bigger than Him. Sure he makes mistakes, who,do we have that doesn't. But He steps up big in this game and hits a game winner, but what does the 34 minions do, find fault with His lack of defense. Name me a time today that he made a lazy pass?

TC got them panties all in a bunch. Q's ball defense is not good. It's not. Anybody trying to say it is doesnt know what the hell they are talking about or they are just blinded- like you- with those maroon glasses. He is below average in quickness and that is why he struggles as an on-ball defender. If you want to watch a really good on-ball defender- watch Peters or Nick. It's good for us that Q plays the 3 because he cant guard any decent 2.

Does he play help side well? Yes
Does he rebound well? Yes
Does he shoot it well? Yes
Does he make too many wtf lazy passes that causes too many turnovers by a small forward? Yes
Is he lazy at times? Yes

Today- Lamar did a great job of getting the ball up the court- and finding Q for the shot. Q did a good job of getting set and squared to the basket. Winnnnnnah. Now stop pouting

Bulldog1
03-18-2018, 07:05 PM
TC got them panties all in a bunch. Q's ball defense is not good. It's not. Anybody trying to say it is doesnt know what the hell they are talking about or they are just blinded- like you- with those maroon glasses. He is below average in quickness and that is why he struggles as an on-ball defender. If you want to watch a really good on-ball defender- watch Peters or Nick. It's good for us that Q plays the 3 because he cant guard any decent 2.

Does he make too many wtf lazy passes that causes too many turnovers by a small forward? Yes
Is he lazy at times? Yes

Today- Lamar did a great job of getting the ball up the court- and finding Q for the shot. Q did a good job of getting set and squared to the basket. Winnnnnnah. Now stop pouting

This whole post.

Coach34
03-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Because he is usually in a mismatch. He is usually defending a much taller person or someone who is quicker. Plus he isn't our best defender, but he damn sure isn't our worst.

he is the worst on-ball defender in the starting line-up. Then you can also put him behind Wright or X

msstate7
03-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Our 3rd quarter collapse is nothing to Cincinnati collapse to end game. Lol

Bulldog1
03-18-2018, 07:16 PM

That was awesome

msstate7
03-18-2018, 07:22 PM
We gonna have our hands full with Louisville.

LC Dawg
03-18-2018, 07:23 PM
I quit watching and just saw the final. That?s brutal.

LC Dawg
03-18-2018, 07:29 PM
We gonna have our hands full with Louisville.
I think we can go inside on them if we?ll commit to it. Their bench has been huge this game. I haven?t watched them this year so I don?t know if that is normal or not.

tcdog70
03-18-2018, 08:04 PM

Is he lazy at times? Yes

Well, not the whole post, but some of it, I concur. I would not say Holman is a better on ball defender ,he gets beat but the fact He can block a shot helps Him. I'll stop pouting you stop beating the dead horse.

Wonder why I've heard several announcers say the reason Q can turn the corner and get to the rack is because of His quickness when he makes the turn. You better call them and let them know just how slow Q is.

tcdog70
03-18-2018, 08:06 PM
he is the worst on-ball defender in the starting line-up. Then you can also put him behind Wright or X

He is better than Tyson, Eli, X and Holman.

Coach34
03-18-2018, 08:52 PM
He is better than Tyson, Eli, X and Holman.

agree on Tyson- not at all on the rest

whosyourdawgy
03-18-2018, 09:49 PM
I love Stapelton even more for getting T?d up for talking shit to Kegler. **** Kegler. I hope he called him a ***** after the game when they shook hands too.

That?s idiotic. Just so ya know. That technical foul was stupid! Period!

whosyourdawgy
03-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Q was clutch, X had a great second quarter but returned to normal in the 2nd half, and Tyson was fantastic. But make no mistake about it. Lamar Peters was phenomenal today. He had 10 assists and 2 turnovers. Without his great passes, Tyson isn’t set up for his catch and shoot 3’s, and he set Q up perfectly for the game winner

CadaverDawg
03-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Holman is by far our laziest defender. Q is not great on D, but watch Holman on damn near every made basket as he’s the reason guys are open. He is slow to rotate and doesn’t step out on screens or when his guy is open beyond the arc. He masks it with some nice blocks, but he is by far our laziest defender. Not bashing him...I like him and we need him...just saying he’s lazier than Q on D. Start watching him on defensive possessions, it’ll drive you nuts, ha

BuckyIsAB****
03-18-2018, 11:12 PM
Holman is by far our laziest defender. Q is not great on D, but watch Holman on damn near every made basket as he’s the reason guys are open. He is slow to rotate and doesn’t step out on screens or when his guy is open beyond the arc. He masks it with some nice blocks, but he is by far our laziest defender. Not bashing him...I like him and we need him...just saying he’s lazier than Q on D. Start watching him on defensive possessions, it’ll drive you nuts, ha

Been trying to say this. Neither him or Q like to play defense

Dawg61
03-19-2018, 12:32 AM

Holman would benefit from us going to a zone.

Percho
03-19-2018, 12:53 AM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/975446946260406272

TXDawg
03-19-2018, 08:24 AM
The trash talking was started by X in the second quarter when he was on fire. After every made basket, he was looking at the Baylor bench and either flexing or flashing the "three" sign and running his mouth. The bench started giving it back to him in the 3rd when he cooled off. Like the head case he is, he couldn't take it and that's when he got T'd up.

I like X. I feel like he can be one of the top contributors on this team, but he needs to learn to control his emotional highs and lows. His "shushing" the Vandy crowd after his first FT late in the game is a prime example. Furthermore, when he's not playing well or missing shots, he lets it go to his head and he's mentally out of the game on both ends of the court.

He feeds off his own emotions when he's playing well, but he really needs to have more of an even keel.

whosyourdawgy
03-19-2018, 08:50 AM
Your last sentence will NEVER HAPPEN. Stapleton is what he is and he will never change. If there was a way to get the first half X every game, i want that! But we don’t get that so.....

drunkernhelldawg
03-19-2018, 08:54 AM
The trash talking was started by X in the second quarter when he was on fire. After every made basket, he was looking at the Baylor bench and either flexing or flashing the "three" sign and running his mouth. The bench started giving it back to him in the 3rd when he cooled off. Like the head case he is, he couldn't take it and that's when he got T'd up.

I like X. I feel like he can be one of the top contributors on this team, but he needs to learn to control his emotional highs and lows. His "shushing" the Vandy crowd after his first FT late in the game is a prime example. Furthermore, when he's not playing well or missing shots, he lets it go to his head and he's mentally out of the game on both ends of the court.

He feeds off his own emotions when he's playing well, but he really needs to have more of an even keel.

I'm just not totally convinced that playing in control would work for him. Obviously, he needs to develop that on a daily basis and improve on it incrementally. But a sudden change to quiet man could make him 0-fer man. We can't forget that X is probably the main reason we won the game.

It's a little reminder of John Daly quitting booze. Turned out, it just wasn't a way he could be John Daly. He had a drink and thought on that.

TXDawg
03-19-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm not saying he needs to be a "quiet man"; he needs emotion to play well. He just needs to learn to control his emotions and not have such high/low swings. If he's playing well, he's good for one T per game due to his trash talking - we can't afford that. Furthermore, if he's NOT playing well, he's so emotional that he can't pull himself out of it.

He needs a ceiling on his highs so he doesn't get T'd up all the time and he needs a floor on his lows so he's not sulking when he should be playing D.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Holman would benefit from us going to a zone.

if you play a zone like the Cuse you would have to be active and play the passing lanes.. so Maybe Aric would't be so good. But I would like to see a trapping 1-3-1.

tcdog70
03-19-2018, 10:50 AM

he relies on his blocking ability to cover up his faults. he is a good help defended but sux as an on ball defender. A big strong opponent will just push him back and score unless He blocks the shot. that is what got Baylor back in the game.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 11:20 AM
if you play a zone like the Cuse you would have to be active and play the passing lanes.. so Maybe Aric would't be so good. But I would like to see a trapping 1-3-1.

Me too

BulldogBites15
03-19-2018, 04:57 PM
Last one from Q was vandy, right?

I know I'm late but I didn't see anyone point this out. Q's buzzer beater yesterday was his 4th buzzer beater of his career, 3rd of this season. Had the steal and layup vs Dayton, and a three at the buzzer against Jacksonville State. No one brought the JSU one up, probably because it was the day Mullen headed to Florida and not many people cared about basketball that day.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:02 PM
I know I'm late but I didn't see anyone point this out. Q's buzzer beater yesterday was his 4th buzzer beater of his career, 3rd of this season. Had the steal and layup vs Dayton, and a three at the buzzer against Jacksonville State. No one brought the JSU one up, probably because it was the day Mullen headed to Florida and not many people cared about basketball that day.
Yep. Forgot about that one. That was a crazy day lol

BulldogBites15
03-19-2018, 05:16 PM
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/975554144202182657/pu/vid/640x360/Lfxhg_kbFHuLJCdC.mp4
Here is a video of all 4 of Q's buzzer beaters if anyone is interested. (Video via @TJ_WJTV on Twitter)

Dawg61
03-19-2018, 05:19 PM
When X comes in the game we need to have a set play to try to get him a dunk/alley oop. We need to try to trigger positive X cause when he's feeling good he can pour in points. Carter too. Tyson can put up 15 points like it's nothing.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:23 PM
When X comes in the game we need to have a set play to try to get him a dunk/alley oop. We need to try to trigger positive X cause when he's feeling good he can pour in points. Carter too. Tyson can put up 15 points like it's nothing.
If Tyson hits his first shot, he more than likely is about to have a good game.
Same with X.