PDA

View Full Version : It's ok. Next year we'll have an easier schedule and get to the Liberty Bowl...

cheewgumm
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
everyone just relax.

Political Hack
10-05-2013, 09:52 PM
thank God, because this year sucks.

cheewgumm
10-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep...next year will be "fun " again. Look out UT Martin.

preachermatt83
10-05-2013, 10:28 PM
yup and everyone will be singing dan's praises again...makes me sick.. lets go beat up on Grambling.

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 10:37 PM
We get Auburn, TAMU, Arkansas, and Vandy at home. Play UK and OM on the road. We should win all 4 of our nonconference games. Only two games where we should pencil a loss in is Bama and LSU on the road.

We only lose 2 OL, only one of which we will truly miss, Russell who we already have replaced with Dak, Autry who is already replaced, Whitley who is easily replaced, Perkins who will be replaced with Robinson and Shumpert, and Skinner, who will be tough to replace but we have the talent to do it. This will be a damn good team next year because a lot of these freshmen and sophomore who are already playing fairly well will be another year older. Hughes also comes back from injury. We have the pieces to have a very solid team next year and the schedule sets up nicely for us. We should be no worse than 8 regular season wins next year with that schedule.

Dawgface
10-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes...there is always next year. Been State's motto for years. Some things never change.

I seen it dawg
10-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah I'm pumped to be excited to be looking forward to next yrs schedule in the first week of October. Shit maybe in 2023 our schedule and roster sets up great for 7-8 wins.

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Penciling in losses for next season is not a good way to look forward to next season

DownwardDawg
10-05-2013, 10:50 PM
My wife laughed at me tonight when I said something similar. It's always next year.

Bully13
10-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes...there is always next year. Been State's motto for years. Some things never change.

you must be old like me.. good to have those with common sense logic

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Obviously I'm not saying we should phone it in and not show up. But what I'm saying is that when you look at a schedule as a fan and make projections for the year, you have to look at it from a non bias perspective. We haven't won in LSU in a very very long time and you can't expect that to change. Could it? Maybe. Realistically? Probably not. Same goes for winning in Tuscaloosa. Realistically you can't expect us to go into Tuscaloosa and win a game.

But when you look at the other 10 games on the 2014 schedule you can make a strong case that says we can win that game. Like I said, not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but from a fan perspective, you can't just say we are going to go 12-0 and make everything feel good. Have to look at the situation objectively and say "hey, good chance we don't win in Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa, but the rest of the schedule sets up nicely for us to have a solid year".