PDA

View Full Version : A baseball school?

Bodaski
03-17-2018, 06:42 PM
We haven't been a REAL baseball school year in and year out since the early 90's. But, we've got fans that for whatever reason seem to fall back 30 years and want to claim baseball superiorty. Hate to hurt anyone's feelings but that ship has sailed too. We haven't been in the upper echelon in the conference in quiet awhile. Oh sure we'll have a ride here and there, but we haven't sustained any type of inkling that would come close to indicating we are a baseball school since the Palmerio, Clark, Brantley, Thigpen and Cohen days. We are starting from scratch to build back up just to compete, much less win championships. Its not all on Cohen. Its been some poor evaluations of talent from my seat.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 06:51 PM
We are quickly becoming a basketball school. It will be very apparent next season

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 06:54 PM
We are quickly becoming a basketball school. It will be very apparent next season

Final 4! Final 4! Final 4!
“In Howland we trust”

RocketDawg
03-17-2018, 06:54 PM

Women's basketball school.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 06:55 PM

You might as well add the men in too. Next year “we gonna eat”

Cooterpoot
03-17-2018, 06:58 PM
We were CWS runner ups what, 4 years ago? It’s not like we haven’t had good years. But our school was less committed than the fans. It’s time to make a big hire.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 06:59 PM

We will be top 3 in sec next season in MCB

RocketDawg
03-17-2018, 07:00 PM
You might as well add the men in too. Next year “we gonna eat”

Yeah, I think so too. They've really come around toward the end of the year, minus a few hiccups.

RocketDawg
03-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Just flipped to the Tennessee/Loyola Chicago game. Tennessee's losing by 7 with 3 minutes to go. Tenn is a 3 seed vs an 11 seed. Another upset in the making.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Just flipped to the Tennessee/Loyola Chicago game. Tennessee's losing by 7 with 3 minutes to go. Tenn is a 3 seed vs an 11 seed. Another upset in the making.

I hope so. I have a really unhealthy hate for tenn

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:05 PM

All of this is boosting a UK run to the Final 4. I’m gonna be sick.

RocketDawg
03-17-2018, 07:10 PM
All of this is boosting a UK run to the Final 4. I’m gonna be sick.

Calipari was complaining about having to travel to Boise. I guess he failed to notice that they lost several games this year. Besides ... who does he think he is? Dawn Staley??

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Calipari was complaining about having to travel to Boise. I guess he failed to notice that they lost several games this year. Besides ... who does he think he is? Dawn Staley??

I hate Cal with the fire of 1000 suns. That old, cheating scumbag

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:11 PM
You’ve got to point the ball down low right here, Tennessee!

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:13 PM
How the heck was that a foul?

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:13 PM
How the heck was that a foul?

Have no idea. These refs have been awful both ways

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 07:27 PM

I hate everyone in the SEC in every sport but MSU. The list begins with UNM, then bama, ...

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:29 PM
I hate everyone in the SEC in every sport but MSU. The list begins with UNM, then bama, ...

Bama in football, Kentucky in basketball.

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 07:30 PM
I hate Cal with the fire of 1000 suns. That old, cheating scumbag

Check it out. Every school that he has left went on probation. I bet in his one and done regime, most of his players have never seen a classroom.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Check it out. Every school that he has left went on probation. I bet in his one and done regime, most of his players have never seen a classroom.

He’ll have UK on probation someday. What a sweet day that will be!

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 07:33 PM
BTW, what ever happened to the internal investigation into men's BB at the beginning of the season in which Pearle was refusing to cooperate? Scam Newton gets them a natty in FB, and now Pearle's and his staff's problems are forgotten in BB.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:35 PM
BTW, what ever happened to the internal investigation into men's BB at the beginning of the season in which Pearle was refusing to cooperate? Scam Newton gets them a natty in FB, and now Pearle's and his staff's problems are forgotten in BB.

The fbi investigation is the one auburn better worry about

Bulldog1

I don’t know what they’re waiting on. I don’t think he’ll be back next year. It’s proven he cheats, too.

Bulldog1

There’s like 5 SEC schools on that list. We weren’t on it, thank God.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:38 PM
There’s like 5 SEC schools on that list. We weren’t on it, thank God.

If anything of consequence does come from this, we might win the sec

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 07:39 PM

Those at the top of the FBI are corrupt and can't slap their butts with both hands. This investigation will probably end up like the NCAA investigation of Miami and UNM. Already heard one of their undercover plants had misappropriated some funds.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:40 PM
If anything of consequence does come from this, we might win the sec

Final 4! Next year is the year of MSU. Basketball- going to be great. Football- going to be great. Baseball- I have no idea what this dysfunctional team will be next year. Hopefully our new coach will quickly build a powerhouse.

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Final 4! Next year is the year of MSU. Basketball- going to be great. Football- going to be great. Baseball- I have no idea what this dysfunctional team will be next year. Hopefully our new coach will quickly build a powerhouse.

As far as baseball, it does appear that Cohen left the cupboard pretty bare and we are paying for it. When our new Coach is in place next year, our few Seniors will have played for 4 Head Coaches and their staffs. This is comparable to our D players in FB playing for a new DC under Dan virtually every season. Let that sink in. Hail State!

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Those at the top of the FBI are corrupt and can't slap their butts with both hands. This investigation will probably end up like the NCAA investigation of Miami and UNM. Already heard one of their undercover plants had misappropriated some funds.

I have no desire to see any of them in prison. I just want evidence of some of these big programs paying players to be made public. I really, really want Coach K to proven dirty. I know he is, but everyone acts like these 1 and dones come for free to duke

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:50 PM
As far as baseball, it does appear that Cohen left the cupboard pretty bare and we are paying for it. When our new Coach is in place next year, our few Seniors will have played for 4 Head Coaches and their staffs. This is comparable to our D players in FB playing for a new DC under Dan virtually every season. Let that sink in. Hail State!

Yep. Go from Cohen-ball to Cann-ball to Hendo-ball to, hopefully, McDonnel-ball. One can hope!

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:53 PM
I have no desire to see any of them in prison. I just want evidence of some of these big programs paying players to be made public. I really, really want Coach K to proven dirty. I know he is, but everyone acts like these 1 and downs come for free to duke

I am in no way defending K when I say this... But, Kentucky fans are killing me saying K is dirty, but Cal is squeaky clean.
Are you serious? Cal has put 2 schools on probation. That’s why I better not here a dang thing about Howland being dirty.
If anyone gets punished in this deal, and Cal doesn’t, the whole thing is a joke!

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:55 PM
I am in no way defending K when I say this... But, Kentucky fans are killing me saying K is dirty, but Cal is squeaky clean.
Are you serious? Cal has put 2 schools on probation. That’s why I better not here a dang thing about Howland being dirty.
If anyone gets punished in this deal, and Cal doesn’t, the whole thing is a joke!

They all dirty. Basketball recruiting is a dirty business.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
They all dirty. Basketball recruiting is a dirty business.

Rick Ray ain’t dirty. LOL!

msstate7
03-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Rick Ray ain’t dirty. LOL!

Well, all but RR

Goldendawg
03-17-2018, 08:00 PM

$$$ and power can sweep a lot of things under the rug. Do you really think they are going to punish the big boys in a Billion $ plus industry that is men's college BB? They change the rules for AU and Cam. Suspended him for what, one day or so and the SEC office was probably in on it. Said it was ok for his Dad to attempt to shake down State for $ and that as long as Cam didn't know, he could win the natty for AU. I'm sure Cam went ot AU for tuition, books and housing that year.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 08:02 PM
$$$ and power can sweep a lot of things under the rug. Do you really think they are going to punish the big boys in a Billion $ plus industry that is men's college BB? They change the rules for AU and Cam. Suspended him for what, one day or so and the SEC office was probably in on it. Said it was ok for his Dad to attempt to shake down State for $ and that as long as Cam didn't know, he could win the natty for AU. I'm sure Cam went ot AU for tuition, books and housing that year.

They will get UK when they stop winning so much. Like they did Bama in FB.

Turfdawg67
03-17-2018, 08:04 PM
We haven't been a REAL baseball school year in and year out since the early 90's. But, we've got fans that for whatever reason seem to fall back 30 years and want to claim baseball superiorty. Hate to hurt anyone's feelings but that ship has sailed too. We haven't been in the upper echelon in the conference in quiet awhile. Oh sure we'll have a ride here and there, but we haven't sustained any type of inkling that would come close to indicating we are a baseball school since the Palmerio, Clark, Brantley, Thigpen and Cohen days. We are starting from scratch to build back up just to compete, much less win championships. Its not all on Cohen. Its been some poor evaluations of talent from my seat.

Besides a few blips here and there in BB & FB, that?s the sport we?ve had to hang our hats on... we should rarely have off years, but we?ve had plenty for a ?baseball school?. Losing to mid-week team used to be unheard of, but now it?s that we?re saving our weekend guys. Our backups SHOULD be better than their starters!

Todd4State
03-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Besides a few blips here and there in BB & FB, that?s the sport we?ve had to hang our hats on... we should rarely have off years, but we?ve had plenty for a ?baseball school?. Losing to mid-week team used to be unheard of, but now it?s that we?re saving our weekend guys. Our backups SHOULD be better than their starters!

Who said that? We start the same guys in the field pretty much every game.

Losing to midweek teams has never been unheard of either- remember the 1985 team losing to Mississippi College? It happens to pretty much everyone every year.

Homedawg
03-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Who said that? We start the same guys in the field pretty much every game.

Losing to midweek teams has never been unheard of either- remember the 1985 team losing to Mississippi College? It happens to pretty much everyone every year.

83 we lost to mc and delta state. 84 lost to Livingston. 85 as you said. 87 Jackson st. 88 mc and delta st again.

Turfdawg67
03-17-2018, 08:54 PM
I was speaking to our SP... sure in baseball anyone can beat anyone on a given day but in ‘85 we rarely worried or cared if we lost to MS College once in a blue moon. Seems much more commonplace now. Without looking, I wonder who we started that game, both pitching and hitting? I bet it was late in the season too.

Homedawg
03-17-2018, 09:02 PM
I was speaking to our SP... sure in baseball anyone can beat anyone on a given day but in ‘85 we rarely worried or cared if we lost to MS College once in a blue moon. Seems much more commonplace now. Without looking, I wonder who we started that game, both pitching and hitting? I bet it was late in the season too.

Don't know starting pitcher but we started our regular lineup and it was just past half way through the season. Makes no difference anyway. He guy we put on the mound should be better than there's.

Turfdawg67
03-17-2018, 09:05 PM

83 we lost to mc and delta state. 84 lost to Livingston. 85 as you said. 87 Jackson st. 88 mc and delta st again.

I’ll edit my comment b/c it isn’t unheard of to lose a mid-week game... but it does seem more common and frequent nowadays. I’ll blame that statement on the liquor, but the rest I stand by.

preachermatt83
03-17-2018, 09:12 PM
We have been to super regionals in back to back years. Smh.

Turfdawg67
03-17-2018, 09:32 PM
We have been to super regionals in back to back years. Smh.

And I hope we get back real soon! And let’s win it all too (in any and all sports) before I die! Maybe this year... let’s go Ladies!!

confucius say
03-17-2018, 09:53 PM

The reason we are a baseball school is not due to our success the last 30 years in baseball. It is because, of the big 3 sports, baseball is the sport in which we are capable of competing at an elite level year in and out.

You make the right hire and we will do just that and be able to keep our coach should fla, LSU, Bama, uscw, come calling.

Todd4State
03-18-2018, 12:40 AM
I was speaking to our SP... sure in baseball anyone can beat anyone on a given day but in ?85 we rarely worried or cared if we lost to MS College once in a blue moon. Seems much more commonplace now. Without looking, I wonder who we started that game, both pitching and hitting? I bet it was late in the season too.

To me, there's actually a pretty small margin for error because every team has a fresh bullpen every Tuesday and then typically they have two days off. Which means they can extend guys. We have the same advantage with the bullpen but if your starter gets roughed up like Marsh did Weds it can be tough to come back. Especially if it gets past the sixth inning and we're behind. That's usually how an "upset" happens in baseball.

Todd4State
03-18-2018, 12:40 AM
The reason we are a baseball school is not due to our success the last 30 years in baseball. It is because, of the big 3 sports, baseball is the sport in which we are capable of competing at an elite level year in and out.

You make the right hire and we will do just that and be able to keep our coach should fla, LSU, Bama, uscw, come calling.

Exactly.

Bothrops
03-18-2018, 03:13 AM
We got to get the coaching hire right next time.