PDA

View Full Version : I know our defense has shit the bed tonight

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 09:31 PM
But we have defensive talent out there that is going to be really solid down the road. This LSU offense is ridiculous, but you have to be happy with the way the DL and LBs played tonight. We knew going in that our DBs were going to be the weak spot, and when you put them against guys like Landry and Beckham, they are going to look bad. We need Redmond badly and not having Hughes is killing us.

We have a good team guys and we are a bowl team. Hopefully having Redmond back will solve some of our DB problems because we need help in the secondary. We are getting closer guys because our talent went toe to toe with a really good LSU team for 3 quarters. Just have a young team guys but the talent is there. I think we are making positive strides regardless of what this final score is.

msugolf
10-05-2013, 09:36 PM
But we have defensive talent out there that is going to be really solid down the road. This LSU offense is ridiculous, but you have to be happy with the way the DL and LBs played tonight. We knew going in that our DBs were going to be the weak spot, and when you put them against guys like Landry and Beckham, they are going to look bad. We need Redmond badly and not having Hughes is killing us.

We have a good team guys and we are a bowl team. Hopefully having Redmond back will solve some of our DB problems because we need help in the secondary. We are getting closer guys because our talent went toe to toe with a really good LSU team for 3 quarters. Just have a young team guys but the talent is there. I think we are making positive strides regardless of what this final score is.

Please excuse me if I'm not happy!

MarketingBully01
10-05-2013, 09:38 PM
We quit when the going got tough. That is on the coach. I am now on the fire Dan band wagon. FIRE DAN!

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Defense is freaking tired man. Our offense stalled out a few times, and before we knew it we went from down 5 to down 19. I'm not happy about how this went, but we had a shit ton of false hope on this board. We weren't winning this game. The LSU offense was way too good for our young secondary to stop. This may not be a great LSU team, but they were way way way way better than us in one spot where we were really young and lacking depth and that killed us.

They had the personnel to exploit that weakness and we didn't have the personnel to do a damn thing about it.

MarketingBully01
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
The turning point in the game is when we had the lead and couldn't convert a 3rd and 2 to end the half. LSU got it and scored a TD which gave them a 5 point lead at halftime. We should have had more of a methodical drive to end the first half got us seperation. The other critical drive was when we had a Tyler set for Dak on that interception. Dan should always always tell Dak when he feels pressure just run. Dak was awesome when he did that. Coaching killed us tonight period.

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2013, 09:49 PM
The talent gap between the teams is grande. Despite the size and speed difference, the Dawgs hung in there. You got to give the players and coaches credit for that. SEC football is extremely physical. When you plays guys that much bigger, you are going tire.

Anyway the games to be pissed about are OkSt and Auburn. Those were winnable games which we found a way to lose. This one....we were beat on signing day.

msugolf
10-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah and next year we'll get to watch a whole new crop of highly recruited players have a ****ing field day on our still young secondary in BR. Only the excuse then will be, "Well Redmond is still only a first year starter even though he is a junior. And the same for Dee Arrington. Growing pains and all. Yada yada yada." Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Go sell that false hope BS somewhere else. We have a talent deficiency to go along with our methodology-deficiency, and that's not going to go away with this staff.

corona con lima
10-05-2013, 09:54 PM
The talent gap between the teams is grande. Despite the size and speed difference, the Dawgs hung in there. You got to give the players and coaches credit for that. SEC football is extremely physical. When you plays guys that much bigger, you are going tire.

Anyway the games to be pissed about are OkSt and Auburn. Those were winnable games which we found a way to lose. This one....we were beat on signing day.

Yep.

MetEdDawg
10-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Exactly my point. We have too many fans that get pissed because Mullen can't win the big one. There is a reason we have lost so many in the last 15 years to LSU and to Bama. THEY HAVE BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN US DURING THAT TIME!!

People, if we truly want to be elite in the SEC, this is a 10 year rebuild for us and I said that from day 1 when Mullen was hired. He needed time to get things in place. Change the culture, expand the fan base, generate more revenue, upgrade the facilities, raise the salaries of all the coaches, and bring in the talent to compete. When the SEC went boom 6 or 7 years ago, we were way behind the eight ball in every aspect of football and that is playing out right now on the field.

We can't recruit against the big boys because honestly we have almost NOTHING that is as good or better than them. Money, facilities, salary, name brand, city in which the university is located. You name it and we are near the bottom of it in the SEC. But we still compete almost every week against the big boys and win our share of games that we didn't through most of the 2000s. We still have a long way to go people but we hung around with a very good LSU team for 3 quarters with probably the youngest starting 22 in the SEC. I think we will be ok going forward but we are going to take some lumps this year because of how young we are.

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Everything you say is factual and the real reason for tonight's score. We can fire coach after coach after OC after DC. It won't change the results until alot of things improve and attracts the talent. However losing winnable games really test my patience. If we can win BG, UK, Ark and OM....Dan did a decent job this year.

corona con lima
10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Exactly my point. We have too many fans that get pissed because Mullen can't win the big one. There is a reason we have lost so many in the last 15 years to LSU and to Bama. THEY HAVE BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN US DURING THAT TIME!!

People, if we truly want to be elite in the SEC, this is a 10 year rebuild for us and I said that from day 1 when Mullen was hired. He needed time to get things in place. Change the culture, expand the fan base, generate more revenue, upgrade the facilities, raise the salaries of all the coaches, and bring in the talent to compete. When the SEC went boom 6 or 7 years ago, we were way behind the eight ball in every aspect of football and that is playing out right now on the field.

We can't recruit against the big boys because honestly we have almost NOTHING that is as good or better than them. Money, facilities, salary, name brand, city in which the university is located. You name it and we are near the bottom of it in the SEC. But we still compete almost every week against the big boys and win our share of games that we didn't through most of the 2000s. We still have a long way to go people but we hung around with a very good LSU team for 3 quarters with probably the youngest starting 22 in the SEC. I think we will be ok going forward but we are going to take some lumps this year because of how young we are.

Amen! Well said!

CCL

I seen it dawg
10-05-2013, 10:18 PM
im glad all of you are contained to this thread. just stay here.

preachermatt83
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
im glad all of you are contained to this thread. just stay here.

lol, agreed

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Problem is production rose and now is going down lose by 3 to a big dog I'll take that.. Another blowout it gets hard tobtske after a while money gets results not only in a head coach have to pay coordinators respectable amounts to get anywhere