PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn feazell and our front court

msstate7
03-15-2018, 07:26 AM
He really showed flashes last night. If he can do that with any consistency next season, our front court could be downright nasty with the additions of perry and juco. I really think we will be top 3 in the sec next season if we keep our top 7. Yes, that includes X... the guy infuriates me half the time, but he gives us some toughness imo. Once we get legitimate front court depth next season, I hope howland with press a little to change things up since he refuses to zone

Dawg61
03-15-2018, 08:05 AM
Feazell has moved ahead of Datcher. He's very athletic. Maybe the most athletic big as a true freshman we've had since I don't know. He has big time hops and finishes well, stronger hands than Ado. His problem is getting lost on defense. We really need a great strength coach for the basketball team. Pair Feazell up with someone that can improve him in the weight room and he's going to be a monster. Howland has a tough decision on the last spot for next year. I hate for Datcher to have to transfer but unless someone steps up and volunteers to pay their own way next year I don't see how it can't be Datcher. Eli, X and Feazell have shown they are ahead of Datcher. Stapleton just has to work on his maturity and selfishness. He only has one year left. Maybe a good way for him to show he's working on that would be to volunteer to pay his own way his last season. He should be a grad student so MSU can basically make his tuition non-existent if he does a little bit of grad assistant work on the side. If he does that we can keep everyone and redshirt 2 guys.

Big4Dawg
03-15-2018, 08:09 AM
You’re kinda obsessed with this whole “pay your own way” idea. I think it happens way less than you think. I don’t want to caused the NCAA to ask any question. Just process someomone and move on.

Dawg61
03-15-2018, 08:24 AM
You’re kinda obsessed with this whole “pay your own way” idea. I think it happens way less than you think. I don’t want to caused the NCAA to ask any question. Just process someomone and move on.

I won't be obsessed with it once the decision is made. Why wait to bitch till after? There's no rules being broken if someone volunteers to pay their own way.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2018, 08:29 AM
I won't be obsessed with it once the decision is made. Why wait to bitch till after? There's no rules being broken if someone volunteers to pay their own way.

I get your logic but it's not happening.

basedog
03-15-2018, 08:34 AM

No way this will happen, why troll as you say, LOL****

Dawg61
03-15-2018, 08:36 AM
I get your logic but it's not happening.

Why wouldn't you give the player that option? I realize y'all are frustrated with me badgering this point but remember you didn't believe me about Lamar Peters dropping off the lottery board either and three weeks after I said it he was gone. Y'all didn't believe me that Spoon would have to have surgery and 4 months later he had surgery. Y'all didn't believe me that dropping Tookie was a mistake. Y'all didn't believe me that Newman was never coming back and y'all didn't believe me when I said Kegler was a head case before he even stepped foot on campus. So basically what I am saying is maybe y'all should listen to me instead of getting frustrated like the last 6 times I was right about something. Transfer or pay your own way.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Sure would like to see Feazell redshirt next season....

Bulldog1
03-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Sure would like to see Feazell redshirt next season....

I bet DJ Stewart will redshirt, also

Coach34
03-15-2018, 10:05 AM

nobody pays their own way- boosters take care of it.

Coach34
03-15-2018, 10:08 AM
somebody is going to be run off. Thats just how it is. We'll have to see who- it could end up being a couple of guys. Wouldnt surprise me

Pit Bull
03-15-2018, 11:07 AM
He really showed flashes last night. If he can do that with any consistency next season, our front court could be downright nasty with the additions of perry and juco. I really think we will be top 3 in the sec next season if we keep our top 7. Yes, that includes X... the guy infuriates me half the time, but he gives us some toughness imo. Once we get legitimate front court depth next season, I hope howland with press a little to change things up since he refuses to zone

Glad you mentioned Feazell. During the game, I thought he did his best job of the season. Looked more confident and his hustle to dive and knock that out-of-bounds ball against the Nebraska player was one of the best hustle plays I have seen all year. Man.....that can only wear off on the rest of our team!! Yeah, he has moved ahead of Datcher. Not by a whole lot, but his hustle like on that play, should alone, get him more minutes. It would if our were the coach. Hope we can get Nick back to play on Sunday. We will certainly need him to do a job on Lecompte (sp?), their super guard.....may take some double teams to slow him down. Their big 7' center is pretty active too. Can't ignore him. Gonna be a real tough pull to win one in Waco.

Dawg61
03-15-2018, 11:20 AM
nobody pays their own way- boosters take care of it.

I'm aware I just word it like that so Big4Dawg doesn't get nervous

Quaoarsking
03-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Why wouldn't you give the player that option? I realize y'all are frustrated with me badgering this point but remember you didn't believe me about Lamar Peters dropping off the lottery board either and three weeks after I said it he was gone. Y'all didn't believe me that Spoon would have to have surgery and 4 months later he had surgery. Y'all didn't believe me that dropping Tookie was a mistake. Y'all didn't believe me that Newman was never coming back and y'all didn't believe me when I said Kegler was a head case before he even stepped foot on campus. So basically what I am saying is maybe y'all should listen to me instead of getting frustrated like the last 6 times I was right about something. Transfer or pay your own way.

Yeah, we probably should have kept this guy:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tookie-brown-1.html

Dawg61
03-15-2018, 11:26 AM

Good lord Tookie is an NBA player. 47% from 3 this year.

msstate7
03-15-2018, 11:31 AM

61 and myself melted for months over losing tookie

louisvilledawg
03-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Good lord Tookie is an NBA player. 47% from 3 this year.

Sike. He is not an NBA player.

Big4Dawg
03-16-2018, 07:32 AM
I'm aware I just word it like that so Big4Dawg doesn't get nervous

Just process Datcher and move on. Why do you want someone to pay their way so much? This does not happen as much as you think it does.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Just process Datcher and move on. Why do you want someone to pay their way so much? This does not happen as much as you think it does.

Datcher will prob transfer. He hasn’t played in like 4 games.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 07:40 AM

Well cause they aren't if you were able to read between the lines and it gives us an advantage. We can redshirt someone without losing a player this way.

Big4Dawg
03-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Well cause they aren't if you were able to read between the lines and it gives us an advantage. We can redshirt someone without losing a player this way.

Good luck at finding someone to pay Datchers way

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Good luck at finding someone to pay Datchers way

Nobody has to ask permission. You've made your point about Datcher but it's not my fault you don't understand how the Bryan food truck works. You don't think Datcher is worth some juicy jumbos. I disagree.

msstate7
03-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Nobody has to ask permission. You've made your point about Datcher but it's not my fault you don't understand how the Bryan food truck works. You don't think Datcher is worth some juicy jumbos. I disagree.

Somehow if it were this easy, I think Kentucky would have 10 4-Stars paying their own way every season

Quaoarsking
03-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Y'all realize that having a booster pay the way of a "walkon" to skirt around scholarship limitations is a pretty major NCAA violation, right?

Like, Howland-and-Cohen-get-show-causes level.

Red Sox Dawg
03-16-2018, 09:11 AM
I really hope X graduates

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Y'all realize that having a booster pay the way of a "walkon" to skirt around scholarship limitations is a pretty major NCAA violation, right?

I don’t think it’s that serious

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:14 AM
I really hope X graduates

What’s his GPA***

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 09:26 AM

You're the only one talking about breaking NCAA rules, I am talking about Juicy Jumbos. Big difference.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2018, 09:29 AM
We will have 1 transfer. Could be 2 but I'm leaning towards just 1 right now.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:31 AM
We will have 1 transfer. Could be 2 but I'm leaning towards just 1 right now.

Eli, right?

Quaoarsking
03-16-2018, 09:34 AM
You're the only one talking about breaking NCAA rules, I am talking about Juicy Jumbos. Big difference.

Cheating the 13 scholarship limit (which applies to any kind of scholarship in men's basketball, not just ones given by the athletic department) would be a major scandal not even in the same galaxy as the hundred dollar handshakes that everyone gives.

If this weren't such a colossal violation, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and lots of other teams would be full of fake walkons.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Cheating the 13 scholarship limit (which applies to any kind of scholarship in men's basketball, not just ones given by the athletic department) would be a major scandal not even in the same galaxy as the hundred dollar handshakes that everyone gives.

If this weren't such a colossal violation, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and lots of other teams would be full of fake walkons.

That’s not cheating. The player pays his way, and after he leaves, he gets reimbursed

confucius say
03-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Eli, right?

Can?t blame him if he does, but I hope he does not. Seemed like every time he played the last two months he contributed. Prob should have gotten some more minutes.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 09:46 AM

It's not cheating. MSU is dirt cheap tuition. It's time we took advantage of that.

Coach34
03-16-2018, 09:47 AM

They already do this. Kentucky and Bama have kids that turn down scholarships at other places to walk-on there. Been doing it for years.

louisvilledawg
03-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Eli, right?

No, it's Eli, Wright.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 10:50 AM
No, it's Eli, Wright.

Eli, wrong?

LC Dawg
03-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Feazell would have benefited greatly by redshirting this year. Howland knew he wasn't ready for SEC basketball out of high school so I'm surprised he played him. I wonder if he knew it was likely for Herard to transfer so he played Feazell early in the year to get him as ready as possible for after Herard left. I hate what the one and done rule has done to college basketball. Feazell is going to eventually be a really good player for someone but in today's world a lot of programs don't want to take up roster space for someone who will be good their junior and senior seasons.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Feazell would have benefited greatly by redshirting this year. Howland knew he wasn't ready for SEC basketball out of high school so I'm surprised he played him. I wonder if he knew it was likely for Herard to transfer so he played Feazell early in the year to get him as ready as possible for after Herard left. I hate what the one and done rule has done to college basketball. Feazell is going to eventually be a really good player for someone but in today's world a lot of programs don't want to take up roster space for someone who will be good their junior and senior seasons.

He didn't RS because kids just don't want to RS in basketball. It's almost unheard of without an injury or academic or NCAA issue. I didn't mind Feazell getting his feet wet this year. I wish he would accept a RS next year but I doubt he will. DJ Stewart would be a RS candidate too.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-16-2018, 12:40 PM
61 and myself melted for months over losing tookie

Similar subject maybe, is D'Marcus Simonds at Georgia State someone we were on at one point? He has really good stats at a Sun Belt level school too.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Similar subject maybe, is D'Marcus Simonds at Georgia State someone we were on at one point? He has really good stats at a Sun Belt level school too.

Think Ray was recruiting him pretty heavy but he never committed before Howland took over.

thf24
03-16-2018, 01:27 PM
They already do this. Kentucky and Bama have kids that turn down scholarships at other places to walk-on there. Been doing it for years.

Yep. Twany Beckham left his scholarship here to walk on at UK. No one in their right mind would do that if it was on the up and up, blue blood or not.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Simonds is single handily keeping Georgia St. in the game vs Cinncy. If he wanted to sign here he's a big miss by us.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Simonds is single handily keeping Georgia St. in the game vs Cinncy. If he wanted to sign here he's a big miss by us.

He did, I’m pretty sure.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 01:51 PM
He did, I’m pretty sure.

Than I'm guessing Howland didn't sign him or Tookie so he could sign Newman. This makes Newman possibly the worst basketball signee in MSU history.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Than I'm guessing Howland didn't sign him or Tookie so he could sign Newman. This makes Newman possibly the worst basketball signee in MSU history.

I think that’s what happened. Malik was almost Retardo light.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-16-2018, 02:21 PM

That's not what happened. The same day Ray was fired Simonds de-committed. He never met with Howland.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 02:22 PM
I think that’s what happened. Malik was almost Retardo light.

Howland putting so much in the Newman basket and then having a divorce with him in one year was the Retardo Lite part.

Dawg61
03-16-2018, 02:23 PM
That's not what happened. The same day Ray was fired Simonds de-committed. He never met with Howland.

Thanks for clarifying

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 02:24 PM

Thanks IYOK

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Howland putting so much in the Newman basket and then having a divorce with him in one year was the Retardo Lite part.

What kills me is Horatio thought he was smarter than Howland, so he went to Bill Self, and he told him the same thing that Howland did. Who’s smarter- the 2 HOF coaches or Horatio? Give me the HOF coaches.