msstate7
03-14-2018, 07:50 PM
5-1 after 1. That is right... 5 runs in the bottom of the 1st! We needed that

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Rowdy Jordan is quickly becoming the guy you want at the plate with RISP

MaroonFlounder
03-14-2018, 07:57 PM
I guess there’s no live stream available anywhere?

Bulldog1
03-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Good deal... Excited for the weekend series with Vandy.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Good deal... Excited for the weekend series with Vandy.

Could be an epic weekend on campus

msstate7
03-14-2018, 08:01 PM
I guess there’s no live stream available anywhere?

No

Bulldog1
03-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Could be an epic weekend on campus

Hope the whistler isn’t there lol

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-14-2018, 08:14 PM
5-4 on a bases loaded triple.

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Who hit the triple? Inning?

msstate7
03-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Bringing in McQ with the bases loaded was a questionable decision

msstate7
03-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Who hit the triple? Inning?

5-5. They hit the triple

The Federalist Engineer
03-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Bringing in McQ with the bases loaded was a questionable decision

Welp, bases quickly got unloaded.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Who was the starter? I cant even pick it up on the radio

BeardoMSU
03-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Well that escalated quickly...

msstate7
03-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Who was the starter? I cant even pick it up on the radio

http://hailstate.com/watch/?Live=1381&type=Live

You can listen to every game here for free

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Per our announcer, Mangum turns a single into a triple for them trying to make a diving catch. Single drives in run. 6-5 SELa.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:05 PM
James is getting shelled

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:05 PM
http://hailstate.com/watch/?Live=1381&type=Live

You can listen to every game here for free

you the man

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:06 PM
I am ready for the Braves

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Another double MSU down 7-5, top of 6th, no outs. Error or wild pitch, runner to third.

MaroonFlounder
03-14-2018, 09:07 PM
This feels like a loss. SEL beat LSU. They are good.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:09 PM
This feels like a loss. SEL beat LSU. They are good.

Disappointing since we were up 5-1

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:10 PM
Cole Gordon coming in to pitch.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Delete

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:15 PM
RBI single, charged to James. Down 8-5.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Cole Gordon has pitched 13.1 innings this season and walked 12. That is the worst walk rate I have ever seen

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:20 PM
8-5, bottom of the 6th. Their pitcher has retired 13 in a row since the bottom of the 1st.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:22 PM
8-5, bottom of the 6th. Their pitcher has retired 13 in a row since the bottom of the 1st.

Unbelievable. I would PH for everyone till I run out of players. Terrible

maroonmania
03-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Disappointing since we were up 5-1

What's bad is i looked at live stats after 1 inning and we had 5 hits. I just looked again in the 6th and we STILL have 5 hits. I really believe this team is more likely to miss a regional than make one.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:24 PM
16 in a row sat down.

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:25 PM
What's bad is i looked at live stats after 1 inning and we had 5 hits. I just looked again in the 6th and we STILL have 5 hits. I really believe this team is more likely to miss a regional than make one.

Now 16 in a row retired. Top of 7th.

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Gordon gives up 3 run homer. 11-5, not us. Pitching change, top 7.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:34 PM
Garbage performance.

Please pull starters and give other guys a shot.

Cole Gordon should be used very cautiously during sec play. He cannot throw strikes

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Henderson, I have really given you no crap, but it is a 6-run deficit... do not use weekend guys like France! Wtf!

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 09:36 PM
16 in a row sat down.

but by all means, let's not let Jordan Anderson swing the bat. Nevermind that he hit .400 in the scrimmages and has more upside than half our team.

MaroonFlounder
03-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Vandy is licking their chops.

BHildreth3
03-14-2018, 09:39 PM
this sucks and the rebs have a chance to win the CWS this year

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Vandy is licking their chops.

Here we go......Vandy is losing 5-1 in the 9th against Eastern Kentucky.

Bulldog1
03-14-2018, 09:42 PM
but by all means, let's not let Jordan Anderson swing the bat. Nevermind that he hit .400 in the scrimmages and has more upside than half our team.

Blows my mind.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:43 PM
this sucks and the rebs have a chance to win the CWS this year

Us losing a midweek game to a good team and you throw in OM who is completely irrelevant to this game or us....Why

I bet they dont make it to omaha

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:44 PM

We will make the tourney

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Their guy has to have around 100 pitches and we get 3 1st pitch outs in that inning. What a fn terrible approach at the plate

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:48 PM
I hope France can pitch on a day or 2 rest

msstate7
03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Henderson, we are down 6... get France out of the game to have him ready Friday if necessary. Dumb to use him here

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Henderson, we are down 6... get France out of the game to have him ready Friday if necessary. Dumb to use him here

Agree, really questionable.

BHildreth3
03-14-2018, 09:51 PM
sorry forgive me but i am pissed they are 16-1. They don't deserve to have a better record than us.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:52 PM
sorry forgive me but i am pissed they are 16-1. They don't deserve to have a better record than us.

Its midweek baseball haha I've learned to only get mad about the weekenders.

Sometimes I think the kids feel the same way

PMDawg
03-14-2018, 09:53 PM
My goodness we suck. Thanks Cann you stupid POS.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:55 PM
My goodness we suck. Thanks Cann you stupid POS.

Does LSU suck?

Irondawg
03-14-2018, 09:55 PM
The problem is that we simply aren't very good - we are good in some spots, but our overall talent level is suspect.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 09:56 PM
The problem is that we simply aren't very good - we are good in some spots, but our overall talent level is suspect.

We have 4 freshman that are all good or going to be good.

We will be even better as the season goes. Why do we hate our team so much? Just asking

Irondawg
03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Some of the freshmen are good but we're asking too much of them too soon. We are asking our freshman to carry a bulk of the offensive load on our bullpen has no looked very solid thusfar.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Some of the freshmen are good but we're asking too much of them too soon. We are asking our freshman to carry a bulk of the offensive load on our bullpen has no looked very solid thusfar.

We had allowed like 2 runs or less for 6-7 games straight coming into tonight

Goldendawg
03-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Relax, we've been sandbagging in our OOC games to kick butt in the SEC games, (I hope).

msstate7
03-14-2018, 10:07 PM
Liebelt with a very nice inning.

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 10:08 PM
might need to do something drastic like move Stovall to C so we can get another bat in the lineup. We just aren't getting any production from the catcher position. Rowdey is a good second baseman. And then we can just roll with Mac and Vansau as corner outfielders and pray they get it going.

msstate7
03-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Jim says this will be our 6th straight loss to SE LA. Wow

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 10:14 PM
no clue why we wouldn't pinch hit for Gilbert there.

Bodaski
03-14-2018, 10:15 PM

If our talent isn't very good, its for 2 reasons. 1) poor scouting evaluations or, 2) piss poor development. Either one falls on the staff.

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 10:19 PM
If our talent isn't very good, its for 2 reasons. 1) poor scouting evaluations or, 2) piss poor development. Either one falls on the staff.

1 freshman pitcher on the roster (Zane Stephens, hasn't pitched). 1 sophomore position player on the roster (Skelton) So yeah, we have some roster issues. Cohen really didn't leave Cann a whole lot. And most of Cann's recruiting is in these next 2 or 3 classes.

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Jim says this will be our 6th straight loss to SE LA. Wow

Yeah- we always seem to play them in weird situations or bad years. Not an excuse for losing but it seems like they get us at the right time every time.

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 10:32 PM

I think it's piss poor roster management and trying to take too many shortcuts. I do think it's definitely some of number two. It doesn't look like Cann did shit with our hitters in the offseason- which makes me understand why the players were pissed at him.

Cooterpoot
03-14-2018, 10:32 PM
This baseball season is as dead as Stephen Hawking.

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 10:35 PM
1 freshman pitcher on the roster (Zane Stephens, hasn't pitched). 1 sophomore position player on the roster (Skelton) So yeah, we have some roster issues. Cohen really didn't leave Cann a whole lot. And most of Cann's recruiting is in these next 2 or 3 classes.

This is a good example of what I'm talking about with roster mismanagement. Last year we had a class with some good pitching prospects and a good catching prospect- Self, Ashcraft, McQuary, and Skelton. This current class has some good position players but almost no freshmen pitchers. You can't build a championship club doing that.

preachermatt83
03-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Henderson, I have really given you no crap, but it is a 6-run deficit... do not use weekend guys like France! Wtf!

This whole game was a cluster by henderson

preachermatt83
03-14-2018, 10:38 PM

Exactly. It makes zero sense

HoopsDawg
03-14-2018, 10:39 PM
This is a good example of what I'm talking about with roster mismanagement. Last year we had a class with some good pitching prospects and a good catching prospect- Self, Ashcraft, McQuary, and Skelton. This current class has some good position players but almost no freshmen pitchers. You can't build a championship club doing that.

And after this year, we lose France, Blake Smith, Billingsley, Pilk, and probably Ethan Small. So that's 5 of our top 7 arms. I think we are looking at a 2 year rebuild here unless we get very lucky with the draft.

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 10:41 PM
We will make the tourney

I seriously doubt it unless we have a SEC season like last year. We already have a few bad losses and this one tonight could be another. RPI is pretty volatile right now- but I think SELU's RPI yesterday was 153. Most of our OOC games are against SWAC teams, bad RPI Nicholls and Memphis, and then Troy and Ole Miss which won't offset our losses.

17 SEC wins may only get us a three seed. This schedule is just like Arkansas's the year they played a ton of SWAC teams, had a crappy RPI, and we actually ended up getting a better seed than them despite finishing a game below them in the standings and I think we lost the series to them head to head too.

preachermatt83
03-14-2018, 10:43 PM
might need to do something drastic like move Stovall to C so we can get another bat in the lineup. We just aren't getting any production from the catcher position. Rowdey is a good second baseman. And then we can just roll with Mac and Vansau as corner outfielders and pray they get it going.

I agree 100 percent. I said last weekend we should move Stovall to catcher and put rowdey westburg or Allen at 2nd

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 10:54 PM
And after this year, we lose France, Blake Smith, Billingsley, Pilk, and probably Ethan Small. So that's 5 of our top 7 arms. I think we are looking at a 2 year rebuild here unless we get very lucky with the draft.

We'll see about Small. He'll still have leverage after this year and I don't think he's quite 100% yet. If he comes back after a good summer in the Cape he could be a potential high pick and make more money. Keegan James and Breaux should be 100% by next year and Ashcraft and Self for that matter too. Cole Gordon will be back and McQuary should be better too. We'll take some losses but we have some guys with upside coming back too.

We need Skelton and Gilbert to make strides next year. We have two good freshmen catchers coming in that could push them.

I could see us possibly losing Stovall and LA (I know get your shots in). If that happens we have Hatcher, Rowdey/Allen, Foscue and Westburg worst case scenario. Landon Jordan is a freshman that I think we get that could possibly get into the lineup next year that I like a lot.

Outfield next year could be Jordan Anderson who probably should be playing more and then either Allen or Rowdey if they're not at second. Hopefully we can get Bryce Bush in as a freshman. Vansau and MacNamee both will be back.

It's hard to project between the draft, the coaching change- which could make a HUGE difference in our player development, and everything else.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-14-2018, 10:56 PM
Guess "we need to bench LA and replace him with Stovall to get a real bat in the lineup" has officially shifted to "We need to bench the catchers and replace them with Stovall so we can get a real bat in the lineup". Has Stovall even worked out as a C recently? His offseason focus was on winning the SS job and improving his hitting. He's probably rusty as hell at C and has 0 chemistry with the pitchers

Personally I see 0 reason to play Mac or Vansau over Jordan Anderson. I get it if he may have major growing pains, but he at least has a high ceiling. Leave the Cs alone and hope one of them improves, and make the lineup learn to take a pitch and work a pitcher. The last inning before a P gets pulled and he's out of gas is going to be our best chance to score; gotta be better at taking a pitch so we can get there

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 11:02 PM
Guess "we need to bench LA and replace him with Stovall to get a real bat in the lineup" has officially shifted to "We need to bench the catchers and replace them with Stovall so we can get a real bat in the lineup". Has Stovall even worked out as a C recently? His offseason focus was on winning the SS job and improving his hitting. He's probably rusty as hell at C and has 0 chemistry with the pitchers

Personally I see 0 reason to play Mac or Vansau over Jordan Anderson. I get it if he may have major growing pains, but he at least has a high ceiling. Leave the Cs alone and hope one of them improves, and make the lineup learn to take a pitch and work a pitcher. The last inning before a P gets pulled and he's out of gas is going to be our best chance to score; gotta be better at taking a pitch so we can get there

I agree 100% about Anderson. Heck, I think I would continue to play Poole over Vansau and MacNamee too at least at this point. I'd keep Stovall at second too- we need all the defense we can get because there isn't an obvious major bat on the bench that we could stick at second.

C- Skelton
1B- Hatcher
2B- Stovall
3B- Foscue
SS- LA
LF- Rowdey
CF- Mangum
RF- Jordan Anderson
DH- Tanner Allen

That's our best lineup.

parabrave
03-14-2018, 11:04 PM
Per our announcer, Mangum turns a single into a triple for them trying to make a diving catch. Single drives in run. 6-5 SELa.

Yep he wasn't even close to catching it. It was a stupid try. Henderson should have called TO after that and called the team together cause it went downhill quickly after that. Two things I did notice is that our catcher was not in the same country with the pitchers and the SELA batters worked the count until they got a favorable pitch to hit. Our guys were just lost at the plate most of the night.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-14-2018, 11:19 PM
We'll see about Small. He'll still have leverage after this year and I don't think he's quite 100% yet. If he comes back after a good summer in the Cape he could be a potential high pick and make more money. Keegan James and Breaux should be 100% by next year and Ashcraft and Self for that matter too. Cole Gordon will be back and McQuary should be better too. We'll take some losses but we have some guys with upside coming back too.

We need Skelton and Gilbert to make strides next year. We have two good freshmen catchers coming in that could push them.

I could see us possibly losing Stovall and LA (I know get your shots in). If that happens we have Hatcher, Rowdey/Allen, Foscue and Westburg worst case scenario. Landon Jordan is a freshman that I think we get that could possibly get into the lineup next year that I like a lot.

Outfield next year could be Jordan Anderson who probably should be playing more and then either Allen or Rowdey if they're not at second. Hopefully we can get Bryce Bush in as a freshman. Vansau and MacNamee both will be back.

It's hard to project between the draft, the coaching change- which could make a HUGE difference in our player development, and everything else.

Honestly though, that's a pretty sad list. Position wise you mention 5 Fr that I agree we can rely on next year, but then you list a Fr we've never seen and leave the C position at "hope someone emerges". So 4 spots that don't look good at all, and the other 5 are of young guys that have yet to really get it together.

Pitching wise I really disagree with you. Gordon and McQuary "should be better"? This was the offseason both were expected to make big strides forward, but both look pretty bad. James hasn't looked good, but I'll give you that he's injured. Breaux and Ashcraft have never done anything in their carers, and both had issues before injury. Really hard to count on guys like in the context of saying why our staff will be ok. Self is good, as is Price... but that leaves us with 1 starter (Small), 2 relievers (Self, Price), 3 guys who look like trash this year (Gordon, McQ, James), and 2 guys we've never seen much from. We're 2 starters and 4 relievers short of a weekened series. France would be our Saturday guy next year.

Next year's staff will be really bad. it just will. I'm not trying to be a downer, but there's a ton of holes in the lineup and the staff honestly won't even be average for the SEC. Hoops is right- next year will also be about getting young guys their playing time to prepare for '20. We won't be good

Dawg61
03-14-2018, 11:24 PM
This baseball season is as dead as Stephen Hawking.

Stop trolling the board over everything. Whatever pissed you off about the women's basketball team you need to get over it.

Todd4State
03-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Honestly though, that's a pretty sad list. Position wise you mention 5 Fr that I agree we can rely on next year, but then you list a Fr we've never seen and leave the C position at "hope someone emerges". So 4 spots that don't look good at all, and the other 5 are of young guys that have yet to really get it together.

Pitching wise I really disagree with you. Gordon and McQuary "should be better"? This was the offseason both were expected to make big strides forward, but both look pretty bad. James hasn't looked good, but I'll give you that he's injured. Breaux and Ashcraft have never done anything in their carers, and both had issues before injury. Really hard to count on guys like in the context of saying why our staff will be ok. Self is good, as is Price... but that leaves us with 1 starter (Small), 2 relievers (Self, Price), 3 guys who look like trash this year (Gordon, McQ, James), and 2 guys we've never seen much from. We're 2 starters and 4 relievers short of a weekened series. France would be our Saturday guy next year.

Next year's staff will be really bad. it just will. I'm not trying to be a downer, but there's a ton of holes in the lineup and the staff honestly won't even be average for the SEC. Hoops is right- next year will also be about getting young guys their playing time to prepare for '20. We won't be good

I think it's fair to say that we all know the root of why our players didn't progress in the offseason- and that root is gone. This team and program desperately needs stability- but it won't get that until the offseason. Our juniors are on their third head coach and whoever our head coach is next year will be number four. Our pitchers that have been here three years have been under three pitching coaches- Butch in the fall of their freshman year, Wes Johnson, and now Henderson. We've also been through three hitting coaches with this group of players- Mingione, Coggin, and now Gautreau. Our guys that will be on the team next year will be on their fourth pitching and hitting coach in all likelihood as well.

Yes, Gordon and McQuary should be better next year- they will be in year three and are both just now starting to come to grips with the fact that they are pitchers and not hitters. Gordon had a bad night- but before tonight he had an ERA of 1.42 with 17 K's in 12 IP and only 2 hits allowed. McQuary looks much better- and if you don't agree with me- the players and Henderson mentioned that in a recent interview. I'm sure some of our pitchers will pan out and some will not- that's just how it goes.

Remember Stratton, Hudson, Rooker, and Renfroe all had "issues" before they became upperclassmen too. Most players that have talent tend to improve as their careers progress.