PDA

View Full Version : Turkey time!!!

Duckdog
03-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Well youth season sucked. hunted four times and didn't hear one gobble, its been stupid. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't taken the opener off from work. (Im now the head baseball coach and have a home game tomorrow booooooo) anyways Has anybody been hearing anything. Ali at the Crosby quick stop says "it to cold for turkey" I hope he's right. If he's not it's going to be a slow year for me.

BuckyIsAB****
03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Well youth season sucked. hunted four times and didn't hear one gobble, its been stupid. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't taken the opener off from work. (Im now the head baseball coach and have a home game tomorrow booooooo) anyways Has anybody been hearing anything. Ali at the Crosby quick stop says "it to cold for turkey" I hope he's right. If he's not it's going to be a slow year for me.

I have heard that they are still bunched up but my brother lives next to the prison in pearl and he said he hears them gobbling good behind the prison.

Of course they aint pressured bc they will arrest you if they catch you hunting on that land so.

Good luck to you man. Cant believe its finally here, nothing beats turkey hunting

BeastMan
03-15-2018, 01:56 PM
I might get in the woods next week. Haven’t decided

BuckyIsAB****
03-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Heard 1 this morning only gobbled twice.

Bully13
03-15-2018, 06:09 PM
How does Wild Turkey (not the stuff that comes in the bottle) compare to the ones we buy in the grocery store?

Uncivilengineer
03-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Tastes great when you cut the breast up, flour and deep fry. It's different and I think better.

Howboutdemdogs
03-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Just flew home from out of town, laid out all the clothes for a quick mad dash at 4:45 AM first morning hunt. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. Can't hunt long, due to the fact I do have to work for a living. (Damn the bad luck for not being rich). However, I have all day Sat and Sun to stalk, walk, and hunt. Not expecting too much in the morning, but it will be good just to be in the woods! Good Luck to all this season! May your birds be plenty and your aim is true.

BuckyIsAB****
03-19-2018, 10:05 AM
had 2 jakes at 10 yards this morning didnt see ol big daddy

birddogwhiskysandwhiches
03-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Doubled up this morning hunting with a friend. I tried to post pics using the idiots guide on the main forum. Not sure if it will work. 8.5 in beards on both.

https://s7.postimg.org/43irewgmj/turkeys.jpg

BuckyIsAB****
03-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Doubled up this morning hunting with a friend. I tried to post pics using the idiots guide on the main forum. Not sure if it will work. 8.5 in beards on both.

https://s7.postimg.org/43irewgmj/turkeys.jpg

Congrats bud.

They're pretty henned up at our place. Not saying much

Howboutdemdogs
03-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Congrats!!!!

BuckyIsAB****
03-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Anybody hearing any? Been since the 19th that I've heard them gobble good

BB30
04-17-2018, 09:29 AM
How has everyone's season gone? I finished up last week and will be heading to Tennessee for a few days the 26th-29th. Was fortunate to have some great hunts with good buddies. It always comes and goes so quick. Nothing else like it.

BuckyIsAB****
04-19-2018, 05:03 PM
How has everyone's season gone? I finished up last week and will be heading to Tennessee for a few days the 26th-29th. Was fortunate to have some great hunts with good buddies. It always comes and goes so quick. Nothing else like it.

Me and my brother got it done this morning. It was all God. Been a slow tough year so far.