PDA

View Full Version : Ron Polk

preachermatt83
03-12-2018, 01:32 AM
How did I miss the fact that he was at the game yesterday?? That's a really good thing. Just thought abt something... Polk III??

BiscuitEater
03-12-2018, 04:18 AM
You're kidding right? Forgot the **? While it IS a 'positive' to have Polk back in the new Dude as a spectator, He WON'T be the next HC.

msbulldog
03-12-2018, 06:26 AM
Maybe he will participate more, that will be a good thing.

shoeless joe
03-12-2018, 09:16 AM
He surely got a little enjoyment out of the embarrassment of the cann situation. So that may have led him to have interest in coming back. Or he may have been around for longer and I just didn't know about it.

preachermatt83
03-12-2018, 09:56 AM
You're kidding right? Forgot the **? While it IS a 'positive' to have Polk back in the new Dude as a spectator, He WON'T be the next HC.

Lol... yes it was a joke. Having him around really is a good thing though. He's a legend.

ScoobaDawg
03-12-2018, 09:57 AM
It was interesting seeing him out on the field with John in a picture I saw.

preachermatt83
03-12-2018, 10:30 AM

Very

Martianlander
03-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Polk is the new basketball coach at unm.**

msbulldog
03-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Can you post the pic or the link, please, thank you.

ScoobaDawg
03-12-2018, 12:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYBlpW-X0AEV3Lt.jpg

msbulldog
03-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks Scooba, I just found it and went and read idiots guide a was fixing to post and you beat me.

The Federalist Engineer
03-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Nice to see him back in the fold

ScoobaDawg
03-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Thanks Scooba, I just found it and went and read idiots guide a was fixing to post and you beat me.

Well pulling a single pic from a multi pic twitter post is a lot more difficult... Hopefully sometime in the future, twitter embedding will be turned on and make it a lot easier for everyone.

msbulldog
03-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Well pulling a single pic from a multi pic twitter post is a lot more difficult... Hopefully sometime in the future, twitter embedding will be turned on and make it a lot easier for everyone.

Scooba, you're the man! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScoobaDawg again.

Bully13
03-12-2018, 07:08 PM
17 Polk. that's all. 17 him . that's just my opinion, others have the right to their's. he's never apologized for his actions or melt. until then, 17 him.

msbulldog
03-12-2018, 07:51 PM
17 Polk. that's all. 17 him . that's just my opinion, others have the right to their's. he's never apologized for his actions or melt. until then, 17 him.

Damn Bully, I hope I never accidentally run over your cat, huh?

RocketDawg
03-12-2018, 07:53 PM

What did he do to cause all the hate?

mparkerfd20
03-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.

Drugdog
03-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Good riddance to him. Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. He has done more harm to us than anybody on the planet. Screw him.

Todd4State
03-12-2018, 09:24 PM
What did he do to cause all the hate?

Welcome! It must have been tough living under that rock all these years!

Here's a brief summary:

LT being lazy brought back Polk. Aside from a couple of nice moments- it sucked. All the while he let our recruiting go, our program slip and allowed Ole Miss and even USM to catch up to us and pass us. Maybe even Delta State too- I'm being serious. When he finally decides to retire he tried to force Tommy Raffo in as head coach. See Arkansas State baseball as to why that would have been a bad idea. Byrne hires Cohen. Polk throws a massive tantrum threatening to sabotage the program- which he did indeed do including telling every one of our players to transfer, destroy recruiting records- not that it would have mattered in this case, and requesting that his name be taken off of the stadium.

As time has gone on, despite the fact that Cohen had three losing seasons- the first two with a massive assist from the great Polk, he also won the SEC, won the SEC Tournament, and got us further in Omaha than even Polk did all the while getting the program back to the level it was before Polk was rehired at worst. In the meantime Raffo has been average. So, despite Polk being wrong, embarrassing himself in the process he has refused to apologize making many of our fans resentful.

I'm fine if he wants to hang out, sign autographs, pose for pictures and hang out with Everett Kennard....but he also should have ZERO say in our baseball program. Which he won't- so it's not worth worrying about.

I think he was a great coach and he was good to my Dad as a player when he honestly didn't have to be because my Dad was hurt. I appreciate what he did for MSU baseball. But at the time it was time to go.

Todd4State
03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
How did I miss the fact that he was at the game yesterday?? That's a really good thing. Just thought abt something... Polk III??

The ONLY way Polk III would ever work is if he was the head coach in title only and we had elite assistants doing all the work on the field and in recruiting while Cohen helped with the off the field stuff.

That's VERY pie in the sky because no baseball coach is going to want to do all the work and let an old relic get all of the credit.

basedog
03-13-2018, 06:35 AM
Use to big a big RP fan, not any longer, I don't hate the man but I could care less about him as a Coach. He bashed Msu and he and/or any one person isn't bigger than our University. He can't follow the rules even today, smoking in the outfield, meh on Polk!