PDA

View Full Version : Braves

Pages : [1] 2 3

msstate7
03-11-2018, 07:07 AM
18 days till opening day... getting a little excited about this team now. I think they will be a decent club.

Inciarte
Albies
FF
Flowers/Suzuki
Markakis
Camargo
Swanson
Tucker (just till acuna is up)

Teheran
McCarthy
Folty
Newcomb
Kazmir/wisler (just until gohara is healthy)

I do not think we challenge for the division or anything, but I think the WC could be in play. The pitching looks to be a whole lot better in the SSS of ST... hopefully it is not a mirage.

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 07:12 AM
18 days till opening day... getting a little excited about this team now. I think they will be a decent club.

Inciarte
Albies
FF
Flowers/Suzuki
Markakis
Camargo
Swanson

Teheran
McCarthy
Folty
Newcomb

I do not think we challenge for the division or anything, but I think the WC could be in play. The pitching looks to be a whole lot better in the SSS of ST... hopefully it is not a mirage.

I’m excited too! Ready to see what these young guys can do.

msbulldog
03-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Man, ya'll need a Braves sticky.

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Man, ya'll need a Braves sticky.

You a cardinals fan?

msbulldog
03-11-2018, 08:38 AM
You a cardinals fan?

Nope, I really don't pay much attention to MLB, I pull for teams that have MSU players on them. I was only saying ya'll need a sticky because 7 starts a Braves thread practically everyday during the season

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Nope, I really don't pay much attention to MLB, I pull for teams that have MSU players on them. I was only saying ya'll need a sticky because 7 starts a Braves thread practically everyday during the season

Haha ok.

shoeless joe
03-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Need a big bat and a legit #1 on the bump

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 09:35 AM
I’m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA’s after this year.

msstate7
03-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Need a big bat and a legit #1 on the bump

Acuna and gohara or soroka. These are those guys, but they are still babies.

msstate7
03-11-2018, 09:40 AM
I?m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA?s after this year.

Donaldson, perhaps.

parabrave
03-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Inciarte
Albies
FF
Flowers/Suzuki
Markakis
Camargo
Swanson

Teheran
McCarthy
Folty
Newcomb

Whats wrong with DS? Is he hurt? His BA is now a whooping .186 and he hasn't played the last few games. Colon is looking good there at SS. Oh Yeah Wisler still sucks.

BoomBoom
03-11-2018, 03:02 PM
I’m jumping the gun, but will we go out next offseason and sign a big FA? Machado, Kershaw, and Harper will all be FA’s after this year.

Absolutely. They'll have $35M per season to spend without even raising payroll. Probably $60M when factoring in revenue increases and reduction in prospect spending.

War Machine Dawg
03-11-2018, 03:41 PM
I think Acuna starts opening day. No reason for him not to, as he's showing he's ready so far this spring. I know, service time, super 2, blah blah blah. The guy is a legit 20/20 talent according to the scouts and most of them think we'd be crazy to not have him out there opening day. Play the kid from the jump and bat him 2 or 4-6.

Kazmir is a lock for the rotation once he's healthy. One of the best big game pitchers in MLB when he's on. No way we don't find a way to have him out there every 5th day. I'd say McCarthy is the odd man out in the rotation. I still think Wisler is going to be good. He's just not going to be the elite pitcher some had hyped him to be. But he could be a solid 3 or 4. I'm backing Folty to make the big jump and be our legit #1. Trade Teheran ASAP.

We'll definitely spend money next offseason. Probably try to sign Machado or Donaldson. Let one of them play a few seasons while Austin Riley develops. Might go get a pitcher, but I'd be disappointed if we did. We've got plenty of young arms I'd rather roll with since we're going to suck anyway. Go get the best bat possible and a real catcher. The Flowers/Suzuki platoon is ok, but it could be a black hole in a hurry.

parabrave
03-11-2018, 03:57 PM
I think Acuna starts opening day. No reason for him not to, as he's showing he's ready so far this spring. I know, service time, super 2, blah blah blah. The guy is a legit 20/20 talent according to the scouts and most of them think we'd be crazy to not have him out there opening day. Play the kid from the jump and bat him 2 or 4-6.

Kazmir is a lock for the rotation once he's healthy. One of the best big game pitchers in MLB when he's on. No way we don't find a way to have him out there every 5th day. I'd say McCarthy is the odd man out in the rotation. I still think Wisler is going to be good. He's just not going to be the elite pitcher some had hyped him to be. But he could be a solid 3 or 4. I'm backing Folty to make the big jump and be our legit #1. Trade Teheran ASAP.

We'll definitely spend money next offseason. Probably try to sign Machado or Donaldson. Let one of them play a few seasons while Austin Riley develops. Might go get a pitcher, but I'd be disappointed if we did. We've got plenty of young arms I'd rather roll with since we're going to suck anyway. Go get the best bat possible and a real catcher. The Flowers/Suzuki platoon is ok, but it could be a black hole in a hurry.

I would like to see the young arms getting quality play time this year. Gohara is going to be good but I have followed him this past year and he can hit 97-98 for a few innings, 2-4, but it drops off dramatically after that. So I would start him in the BP first. But he has to stay healthy first. Teheren and Folty would be the 4-5 pitchers on most teams.

BuckyIsAB****
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM

The Braves trade all their good players not sign good ones

Really Clark?
03-11-2018, 05:26 PM

You only have to wait to mid April to bring up Acuna and gain a whole year of service time. It?s not like you have to wait until late May or June

msstate7
03-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Newcomb spring...
10.2 ip 4 h 3 er 2 bb 12 k
Era = 2.65
Whip = 0.59

This is SSS, but wow... if Newcomb stops walking guys, we have a legitimate #1 guy

Bulldog1
03-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Newcomb spring...
10.2 ip 4 h 3 er 2 bb 12 k
Era = 2.65
Whip = 0.59

This is SSS, but wow... if Newcomb stops walking guys, we have a legitimate #1 guy

Wow. Impressive numbers

parabrave
03-13-2018, 01:05 PM
Well the braves send Riley down. Need to send swanson with him.

Bulldog1
03-13-2018, 01:18 PM

I like Swanson

msstate7
03-13-2018, 01:20 PM

Riley was always going down.

Not sure why you hate Swanson so bad. I listen/watch every ST game, and radio has loved his defense this spring. Don certainly has never been a praise Swanson guy, but he really went on and on about Swanson improving his range last night. His avg is pretty bad, but he only has 32 AB... way too early to freak out

parabrave
03-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Because there are better players on tne bench who should get his spot. He is there to sell tickets.

msstate7
03-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Because there are better players on tne bench who should get his spot. He is there to sell tickets.

Who are the better bench players?

parabrave
03-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Colon for one.

parabrave
03-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Colon for one.

and our pitching sucks.

msstate7
03-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Colon for one.

We will just have to disagree. I think you are taking way too much from ST

Dawg61
03-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Man nothing has made more sense than Bryce Harper in a Braves uniform. He's like a more dickhead bearded version of Chipper Jones. Make this happen Braves. Oh and for the poster that only follows MSU players Jacob Lindgren is in the Braves bullpen this year.

msstate7
03-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Man nothing has made more sense than Bryce Harper in a Braves uniform. He's like a more dickhead bearded version of Chipper Jones. Make this happen Braves. Oh and for the poster that only follows MSU players Jacob Lindgren is in the Braves bullpen this year.

Harper will not sign with the Braves.

Dawg61
03-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Harper will not sign with the Braves.

Don't ruin this for me. Imagine him in the Braves home whites with the tomahawk chop going. It's perfect.

Bulldog1
03-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Don't ruin this for me. Imagine him in the Braves home whites with the tomahawk chop going. It's perfect.

Imagine Manny Machado in the Braves home whites- he’s a free agent next year!

Dawg61
03-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Imagine Manny Machado in the Braves home whites- he’s a free agent next year!

Braves need rednecks and dirtbags.

BoomBoom
03-13-2018, 08:01 PM

I'm with ya. If things work out, all the braves will need is a corner OF, and will have enough money to buy whoever they want. Harper is that guy.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:10 PM
Optimistic side in me says- Acuna sets the league on fire, we push for playoffs.
Pessimistic side in me says- We’re a year away, losing record.
We’ll find out soon enough.
Also, I saw we signed Anibal Sanchez. That would’ve been a good sign about 5 years ago, but he’s kind of washed up now, isn’t he?

msstate7
03-16-2018, 09:11 PM
Optimistic side in me says- Acuna sets the league on fire, we push for playoffs.
Pessimistic side in me says- We’re a year away, losing record.
We’ll find out soon enough.
Also, I saw we signed Anibal Sanchez. That would’ve been a good sign about 5 years ago, but he’s kind of washed up now, isn’t he?

Would not count on much from Sanchez.

Bulldog1
03-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Would not count on much from Sanchez.

Yea, would’ve been a beast in 2013. What are we expecting from the starting rotation? I know we can expect Tehran to be pretty good, but will Folty finally step up this year?

msstate7
03-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Yea, would’ve been a beast in 2013. What are we expecting from the starting rotation? I know we can expect Tehran to be pretty good, but will Folty finally step up this year?

Who knows what to expect? Once gohara is up, I really like the potential of this staff.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 11:58 AM
Newcomb vs cards on foxse

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Newcomb vs cards on foxse

Thanks. Just turned it over there

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks. Just turned it over there

Unfortunately, acuna, albies, and Swanson are on the other split squad team today vs Phillies

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Ticked off that RA, Jr. isn’t playing today. Wanted to watch him

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately, acuna, albies, and Swanson are on the other split squad team today vs Phillies

And they’re not televising this game?

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:05 PM
And they’re not televising this game?

Nope

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Fastball looks good. He needs to get that curve down, though.

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Schimph- that was awful.

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Acuna 2-run hr

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Acuna 2-run hr

Awesome. Would love to be watching it

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Awesome. Would love to be watching it

I was listening. Phillies? radio said it was an absolute bomb

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Are you listening on TuneIn? That’s the only way, isn’t it?

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Are you listening on TuneIn? That’s the only way, isn’t it?

At Bat app. Audio cost $20 for the whole season for any game

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:27 PM
At Bat app. Audio cost $20 for the whole season for any game

Ok

Bulldog1
03-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Another error. Cut him, NOW!

msstate7
03-17-2018, 12:40 PM
Acuna hr

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/975062004137365505?s=21

parabrave
03-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Dave Obrien twitter has it/

Bulldog1
03-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Schimpf optioned to Gwinnett.

msstate7
03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Teheran opening day starter

Camargo back injury is really oblique, and could take longer than opening day per rotoworld

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Teheran opening day starter

Camargo back injury is really oblique, and could take longer than opening day per rotoworld

I’m ready to shop Markakis. But I doubt whoever we replace him with would be any better. Maybe we’re saving that spot for Bryce Harper!

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Pessimistic side in me says- We?re a year away, losing record.
We?ll find out soon enough.
Also, I saw we signed Anibal Sanchez. That would?ve been a good sign about 5 years ago, but he?s kind of washed up now, isn?t he?

Minor league deal. He's worth a flyer. I've always like him for no good reason. I could see him being an emergency spot starter/long relief type at this point.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Minor league deal. He's worth a flyer. I've always like him for no good reason. I could see him being an emergency spot starter/long relief type at this point.

I like him too. But he would’ve been the ace 5 years ago

msstate7
03-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Sanchez was respectable vs Astros yesterday

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Sanchez was respectable vs Astros yesterday

Like WMD said, I would like seeing him in the bullpen or something.. Who knows, he might do really good this year. I hope so.

BoomBoom
03-19-2018, 03:15 PM
I?m ready to shop Markakis. But I doubt whoever we replace him with would be any better. Maybe we?re saving that spot for Bryce Harper!

Preston Tucker. Has completely flown under the radar even though he's raked at AAA and MLB before injury and Houston' s stacked OF robbed hin of playing time. And some guy named Acuna Jr.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Preston Tucker. Has completely flown under the radar even though he's raked at AAA and MLB before injury and Houston' s stacked OF robbed hin of playing time. And some guy named Acuna Jr.

Acuna will be in LF

shoeless joe
03-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Acuna to minor league camp...interesting at this point in the spring. Makes me wonder if some attitude issues have arose.

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Acuna to minor league camp...interesting at this point in the spring. Makes me wonder if some attitude issues have arose.

Someone put this on one of the Braves message boards. This was essentially their statement:

Basically, he hasn't been at any one spot long enough for a league to adjust to him. They want to see how he adjusts to the adjustment.

msstate7
03-19-2018, 05:32 PM
Acuna will be up less than a month into the season. Strictly keeping control of him

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Acuna will be up less than a month into the season. Strictly keeping control of him

April 13 @ Cubs or 16 vs. I think D-backs.

shoeless joe
03-19-2018, 05:37 PM

But why not keep him in big league camp so he continues to see big league pitchers? He could have easily been sent down in a week and a half to accomplish the same result control wise

msstate7
03-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Now if acuna scuffles a little or tucker is killing it could change things

msstate7
03-19-2018, 05:41 PM
But why not keep him in big league camp so he continues to see big league pitchers? He could have easily been sent down in a week and a half to accomplish the same result control wise

No idea. Probably just so the fanbase accepts him starting in AAA now. A bunch of brave fans are wanting acuna opening day

Bulldog1
03-19-2018, 05:44 PM
No idea. Probably just so the fanbase accepts him starting in AAA now. A bunch of brave fans are wanting acuna opening day

I mean, if he lives up to the billing, we would sign him long term anyways wouldn’t we? Then the extra year of control meant nothing. Or am I missing the point?

msstate7
03-19-2018, 05:46 PM
I mean, if he lives up to the billing, we would sign him long term anyways wouldn’t we? Then the extra year of control meant nothing. Or am I missing the point?

If he lives up to his billing, we might not can afford him

msstate7
03-21-2018, 06:17 PM
Camargo will start season on DL

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Camargo will start season on DL

So looks like we’ll carry Rio Ruiz onto opening day roster, right?

msstate7
03-21-2018, 06:23 PM
So looks like we’ll carry Rio Ruiz onto opening day roster, right?

That would be my guess

Inciarte
Albies
FF
Flowers
Markakis
Tucker
Swanson
Ruiz
Teheran

Bulldog1
03-21-2018, 06:25 PM
That would be my guess

Inciarte
Albies
FF
Flowers
Markakis
Tucker
Swanson
Ruiz
Teheran

Looks like a good lineup. Need Dansby to step it up. I believe he will

Bulldog1
03-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Just read an article predicting AJ Minter to be a 25 save guy this year. Any of y’all buying this?

msstate7
03-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Just read an article predicting AJ Minter to be a 25 save guy this year. Any of y’all buying this?

Not sure viz loses his job. Minter is straight up nasty though

Bulldog1
03-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Not sure viz loses his job. Minter is straight up nasty though
He will be a great add to the bullpen. I’m counting on Folty to straighten himself out this year. 6 more days!

Bulldog1
03-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Sanchez has a nice pickoff

parabrave
03-23-2018, 01:53 PM
Looks like a good lineup. Need Dansby to step it up. I believe he will

No Ruiz and Swanson will be 2 black holes in the lineup. Now when Camargo and Acuna get going then we will have a good lineup.

BoomBoom
03-23-2018, 02:04 PM

If Viz loses the job, it will for sure go to Minter and he will easily get 25 saves. I don't think Viz is likely to lose it though. Between Sam Freeman (rhp right?) and Ramirez, and a lack of another good lefty, it makes too much sense to use Minter as the lefty killer in the 7th or 8th.

Well, Freeman is a lefty. So raise those odds from 10% to 25%. But Brothers sucks, so if it were me I'd still prefer to use Minter more against lefties as the situation dictates, easing him in to the pros.

Plus I think Viz is a FA after this year, so he's a trade candidate at any time.

parabrave
03-23-2018, 02:30 PM
And for those who projected Wisler to have a prominent role in the Bullpen he just gave up 7 runs in less than a third of an inning.

Bulldog1
03-24-2018, 09:37 PM
Well, we just released Scott Kazmir. Just ate $16M.

BoomBoom
03-24-2018, 09:52 PM
And for those who projected Wisler to have a prominent role in the Bullpen he just gave up 7 runs in less than a third of an inning.

He'll be a workhorse for someone eventually. Remember Bruce Chen?

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2018, 10:02 PM
I'm not a baseball fan, but the Braves are my team of choice to have on the tube during the summer when there is no real sports on. Hopefully they don't suck as bad this year.

parabrave
03-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Well Folty is having a good day***************

msstate7
03-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Well Folty is having a good day***************

Lol... nice way to enter season. Had not given up an ER all spring... made up for it today

parabrave
03-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Lol... nice way to enter season. Had not given up an ER all spring... made up for it today

Yeah not a good way this late. Add in Yesterdays performance with essentially the opening day lineup, Camargo and Acuna missing, we gonna stink.

msstate7
03-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Braves sign Peter bourjos. Might sign Ryan Flaherty

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 05:43 PM
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/03/braves-discussing-deal-with-ryan-flaherty.html

parabrave
03-25-2018, 07:33 PM

This really excites me*************** Just go get Brandon Phillips and Matt Adams back. At Least they had power.

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 07:36 PM

We winning it all****

msstate7
03-25-2018, 07:39 PM
This really excites me*************** Just go get Brandon Phillips and Matt Adams back. At Least they had power.

He is a 4th OF that is a plus defender to back up inciarte in CF. He has an ops a little over .700 vs lhp, so he could be useful. Markakis and inciarte have been in the .600s vs lhp

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 07:41 PM
He is a 4th OF that is a plus defender to back up inciarte in CF. He has an ops a little over .700 vs lhp, so he could be useful. Markakis and inciarte have been in the .600s vs lhp

He’s fast too. At least he used to be

msstate7
03-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Braves supposedly in on Jose Bautista. He was terrible last season; but if the deal is cheap, I might bite as a platoon guy with tucker and maybe Markakis once acuna is up

Bulldog1
03-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Braves supposedly in on Jose Bautista. He was terrible last season; but if the deal is cheap, I might bite as a platoon guy with tucker and maybe Markakis once acuna is up

At the least, he’ll provide decent power off the bench.

BoomBoom
03-25-2018, 09:50 PM

These moves stink of a new GM desperate to make moves, but either too scared to make a big one, or they just aren't there so he shuffles the chairs around.

MetEdDawg
03-25-2018, 10:18 PM
These moves stink of a new GM desperate to make moves, but either too scared to make a big one, or they just aren't there so he shuffles the chairs around.

This. That to me would be a horrid move with us on the hook for the downhill part of a formerly good players career. He's 37. Just got through with a season where he had a .203 BA a .308 OBP, and struck out 170 times in 587 ABs. He would still command 8-10 million dollars per year on a 2 or 3 year contract. That would be terrible for us because we don't need a guy that is striking out 29% of the time and had 50 more strikeouts than hits last year.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 06:24 AM
This. That to me would be a horrid move with us on the hook for the downhill part of a formerly good players career. He's 37. Just got through with a season where he had a .203 BA a .308 OBP, and struck out 170 times in 587 ABs. He would still command 8-10 million dollars per year on a 2 or 3 year contract. That would be terrible for us because we don't need a guy that is striking out 29% of the time and had 50 more strikeouts than hits last year.

If he is asking 8-10, the braves will not be signing him. I think it will much, much less than that though. Look at Jon jay who was put up 1.6 fWAR last season... he got 3 million. Chris young got 2 million. I say Bautista gets 4-5 million tops. Supposedly it is the Braves and rays showing interest, and those are two of the cheaper teams in mlb

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Braves make it official. Signed Ryan Flaherty and Peter Borjous.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Braves make it official. Signed Ryan Flaherty and Peter Borjous.

Wonder if Culberson gets cut now

msstate7
03-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Great post about spring training stats on Talking Chop...

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/3/25/17161864/the-braves-spring-superstars

parabrave
03-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Great post about spring training stats on Talking Chop...

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/3/25/17161864/the-braves-spring-superstars

Having Swanson and Wisler as looking good and promising quickly invalidates this statistical baloney

msstate7
03-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Having Swanson and Wisler as looking good and promising quickly invalidates this statistical baloney

You have an irrational hate for Swanson. Swanson had a lousy season last year, and to be honest, it is probably the fault of the Johns. They rushed him for no reason other than sell tickets. Swanson will bounce back this season and have a good year. I set his fWAR O/U at 2.5. I will take over... name your stakes

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 12:24 PM
You have an irrational hate for Swanson. Swanson had a lousy season last year, and to be honest, it is probably the fault of the Johns. They rushed him for no reason other than sell tickets. Swanson will bounce back this season and have a good year. I set his fWAR O/U at 2.8. I will take over... name your stakes

I’ll jump in- I say between 3 and 4

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 12:29 PM
John Heyman say Braves are no longer in play for Jose Bautista.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 12:32 PM
I?ll jump in- I say between 3 and 4

Lets hope. I got a little excited, and changed o/u to 2.5. He was at 0.1 last season, so that will be quite a jump. I base my big jump mainly on defense. Swanson was a plus defender last season even though he committed a ton of dumb errors. I expect him to clean that up significantly, and by all reports his range is better this spring (it was good last season). I expect 13-17 HRs from Swanson with a really good walk rate. My slash line is .270/.330/.420

msstate7
03-26-2018, 12:32 PM
John Heyman say Braves are no longer in play for Jose Bautista.

Probably a good thing

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Lets hope. I got a little excited, and changed o/u to 2.5. He was at 0.1 last season, so that will be quite a jump. I base my big jump mainly on defense. Swanson was a plus defender last season even though he committed a ton of dumb errors. I expect him to clean that up significantly, and by all reports his range is better this spring (it was good last season). I expect 13-17 HRs from Swanson with a really good walk rate. My slash line is .270/.330/.420
I was super excited when we got him, now he needs to step up.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 12:38 PM
3 days until Opening Day- Predictions
ROY- Acuna
MVP- Freeman makes hard push if he stays healthy.
Braves finish- Sneak in wild card, Win the World Series.
That might be stretching it a little bit though.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 12:42 PM
3 days until Opening Day- Predictions
ROY- Acuna
MVP- Freeman makes hard push if he stays healthy.
Braves finish- Sneak in wild card, Win the World Series.
That might be stretching it a little bit though.

Maybe a little haha

I like acuna for ROY.
Swanson has big bounce back season.
Albies has huge year.
Newcomb keeps BB/9 rate in 4.2-4.5 range, and becomes a legit mlb pitcher

parabrave
03-26-2018, 12:52 PM
I’ll jump in- I say between 3 and 4

I don't hate the guy. You're right he was brought up waaaayyyy to soon. He was brought up to sell tickets. But it kills me when it's not allowed to bring up any negativity on the guy when we have better options.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 12:54 PM
I don't hate the guy. You're right he was brought up waaaayyyy to soon. He was brought up to sell tickets. But it kills me when it's not allowed to bring up any negativity on the guy when we have better options.

We do not have any better options. You do not give up on a top prospect after a bad rookie campaign

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 01:27 PM
What are our catching prospects looking like? If we have any...

msstate7
03-26-2018, 01:32 PM
What are our catching prospects looking like? If we have any...

Here is a pretty good list of brave prospects on my favorite brave message board. Most of our catchers are on it...

http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6225

It does not include Drew Lugbauer. I like drew

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=656666#/career/R/hitting/2017/ALL

shoeless joe
03-26-2018, 01:49 PM
If two young pitchers step up this team will compete for WC. other than that it'll be another at or below .500 campaign.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 04:46 PM
I loved the Braves when I was younger, Chipper Jones was my fav player. I remember always coming home and watching the Braves on TBS every single time they played.

Since Chip retired after that WC game against St Louis my Braves fandom fell off big time.

So as a guy whos trying to get back into it, somebody give me the run down of this team. I know Freeman, Tehran, Inciarte, Markakis other than that Im pretty lost.

I know we got Jacob Lindgren, is he in the majors or minors?

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Only thing I dread is listening to Chip and Joe whine every game... I wish we had a different announcing crew.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 04:50 PM
I loved the Braves when I was younger, Chipper Jones was my fav player. I remember always coming home and watching the Braves on TBS every single time they played.

Since Chip retired after that WC game against St Louis my Braves fandom fell off big time.

So as a guy whos trying to get back into it, somebody give me the run down of this team. I know Freeman, Tehran, Inciarte, Markakis other than that Im pretty lost.

DL right now. Once healthy, mlb

msstate7
03-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Only thing I dread is listening to Chip and Joe whine every game... I wish we had a different announcing crew.

Listen to radio. I really like jim Powell

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 04:58 PM
DL right now. Once healthy, mlb

What about the Riley kid from desoto central

msstate7
03-26-2018, 05:01 PM
What about the Riley kid from desoto central

Played at AA last season... likely to start there again. Austin Riley, and he is a pretty good prospect

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Played at AA last season... likely to start there again. Austin Riley, and he is a pretty good prospect

When I was younger I worked on the field at the MS Braves during the summer, we had one guy who was pretty badass, Smith played CF do we still have him?

msstate7
03-26-2018, 05:20 PM
When I was younger I worked on the field at the MS Braves during the summer, we had one guy who was pretty badass, Smith played CF do we still have him?

Mallex smith is now a Tampa bay ray

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Mallex smith is now a Tampa bay ray

Like I said, we always trade all our good players

msstate7
03-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Like I said, we always trade all our good players

We got Luis gohara who was the hardest throwing lefty starter in mlb last season. Gohara is a stud... if he stays healthy, we robbed Seattle (team we traded mallex to)

VandelayIndustries
03-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Been out of the loop for a week or so, who is the opening day starter?

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 06:10 PM
Been out of the loop for a week or so, who is the opening day starter?

Tehran

msstate7
03-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Tehran

Yep.

Teheran
Folty
McCarthy
Newcomb
Probably be a couple weeks before we use a 5th starter

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2018, 07:40 PM
We got Luis gohara who was the hardest throwing lefty starter in mlb last season. Gohara is a stud... if he stays healthy, we robbed Seattle (team we traded mallex to)

Does he throw Aroldis Chapman hard?

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Been clocked at 99-100 from what I saw

msstate7
03-26-2018, 07:48 PM

His avg fastball was 96.3. He threw it that hard in the 7th inning too. Kid is a major talent, but an injury risk. He also does not take of his body (overweight). As a 20 year old rookie last season, he struck out 9.5 per 9 and only walked 2.45. He was extremely impressive in AA, AAA, and mlb last season.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Been clocked at 99-100 from what I saw

Yep. If he were a reliever like Chapman, he could probably really air it out. He does something Chapman cannot do... sustain velocity for 100+ pitches

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 07:51 PM
I’m ready to see some of these pitching prospects this year. That will make or break this team imo.

msstate7
03-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Lindgren was up and throwing in the brave bullpen. I thought he was still injured.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Lindgren was up and throwing in the brave bullpen. I thought he was still injured.

I want to see him tonight and Minter.

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 08:47 PM
We’ve scored 1 run tonight, albeit a exhibition. Not impressed. I just want to see Acuna already

Bulldog1
03-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Is that Jonathan Holder? I believe it is.

parabrave
03-26-2018, 09:23 PM

You're right if he stays healthy. I've followed him since I saw him pitch early last year. He can bring it for 3-4 innings, 97-98. But he drops off quickly after that. Always thought he would make a good closer. Got his and Acunas sigs on the same ball. Both of them are very approachable.

Bulldog1
03-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Reports say Acuna turned down $30M extension from Braves. Sounds like he’s betting on himself showing out.

smootness
03-27-2018, 09:50 AM

For now, know these:
Sean Newcomb - big young pitcher with talent. Sort of Jon Lester-ish. Needs to cut down on the walks to truly be effective in the majors.
Luiz Gohara - 7 mentioned him. Extremely young, huge talent, we'll see if he can stay healthy.
Mike Foltynewicz - big hard-throwing RH SP. Still young and has shown flashes, needs to be consistent but could be a very good SP.

Dansby Swanson - I'd assume you know about him. Former #1 pick from Vandy, SS. Struggled last year but still has plenty of talent.
Ozzie Albies - very young, extremely talented 2B. Could play SS if needed. Will hit, sort of Altuve-ish, though without that kind of power.

Don't worry about anybody else on the major league roster. But here are the names you'll need to know soon:
Ronald Acuna - look out. OF, #1 prospect in baseball, massive stud at 20 years old. Will be up soon, and will hit, run, field, throw...can do it all. Huge power.
Kyle Wright - top draft pick last year, #5 overall, maybe the most talented kid in the draft. SP from Vandy, could move fast.
Mike Soroka - SP. Maybe not elite stuff or velocity, but phenomenal command. Will likely be up at some point this year, has dominated in the minors.
Ian Anderson - SP. #3 overall pick in 2016 out of HS, has really, really good stuff and pitched well last year. Could move quickly this year.
Cristian Pache - 19 year old CF. Incredible defensive player, phenomenal athlete. Still learning to hit, will be in A+/AA this year.
Joey Wentz - SP. 1st round talent, 20 years old, pitched very well last year. Will likely hit AA this year.
Alex Jackson - C. HUGE power. Questions on his ability to stick behind the plate, but can really hit and some say his defense is fine back there. 22 years old, will be in AA/AAA.
Touki Toussaint - SP. Insane talent. Has had real problems with command and control, but started to figure it out last year. If he hits, he's an ace. Could still be an elite RP even if he doesn't.
Drew Waters - OF, 1st round pick last year. Will be in A-ball.
Bryse Wilson - another SP. 20 years old, he's been better than first thought so far, fantastic minor league numbers. Will be in A+/AA this year.

Those are the names to know as of now. And we'll draft 8th this year, so we'll add somebody else soon.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 10:02 AM

He had Tommy John surgery about 1 1/2 years ago. He has also been brought along slowly. I read something on him starting to throw either at the end of last year or beginning of this year. It will be nice to have a MSU guy to cheer for. I wish Maholm had been better so he could have hung around longer.

msstate7
03-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Reports say Acuna turned down $30M extension from Braves. Sounds like he’s betting on himself showing out.

Smart man. Sucks for braves though

shoeless joe
03-27-2018, 10:12 AM
For now, know these:
Sean Newcomb - big young pitcher with talent. Sort of Jon Lester-ish. Needs to cut down on the walks to truly be effective in the majors.
Luiz Gohara - 7 mentioned him. Extremely young, huge talent, we'll see if he can stay healthy.
Mike Foltynewicz - big hard-throwing RH SP. Still young and has shown flashes, needs to be consistent but could be a very good SP.

Dansby Swanson - I'd assume you know about him. Former #1 pick from Vandy, SS. Struggled last year but still has plenty of talent.
Ozzie Albies - very young, extremely talented 2B. Could play SS if needed. Will hit, sort of Altuve-ish, though without that kind of power.

Don't worry about anybody else on the major league roster. But here are the names you'll need to know soon:
Ronald Acuna - look out. OF, #1 prospect in baseball, massive stud at 20 years old. Will be up soon, and will hit, run, field, throw...can do it all. Huge power.
Kyle Wright - top draft pick last year, #5 overall, maybe the most talented kid in the draft. SP from Vandy, could move fast.
Mike Soroka - SP. Maybe not elite stuff or velocity, but phenomenal command. Will likely be up at some point this year, has dominated in the minors.
Ian Anderson - SP. #3 overall pick in 2016 out of HS, has really, really good stuff and pitched well last year. Could move quickly this year.
Cristian Pache - 19 year old CF. Incredible defensive player, phenomenal athlete. Still learning to hit, will be in A+/AA this year.
Joey Wentz - SP. 1st round talent, 20 years old, pitched very well last year. Will likely hit AA this year.
Alex Jackson - C. HUGE power. Questions on his ability to stick behind the plate, but can really hit and some say his defense is fine back there. 22 years old, will be in AA/AAA.
Touki Toussaint - SP. Insane talent. Has had real problems with command and control, but started to figure it out last year. If he hits, he's an ace. Could still be an elite RP even if he doesn't.
Bryse Wilson - another SP. 20 years old, he's been better than first thought so far, fantastic minor league numbers. Will be in A+/AA this year.

Those are the names to know as of now. And we'll draft 8th this year, so we'll add somebody else soon.

Good breakdown.

Remember the last "acuna like" prospect we had was heyward. And while he wasn't a bust he never was able to sustain any real long term success because he failed to make crucial adjustments which still hinders him today.

Before him was frenchy...busted onto the scene and had a couple nice-really good season but didn't take to coaching and failed to make adjustments.

Same deal with bethancourt and the tall can't miss switch hitting Latin middle infielder from several years back...went from top prospect to not much pretty quick but his name escapes me. ETA: Wilson betemit. Anybody remember George Lombard? Point being, not all these guys are gonna hit and be studds...don't need em too. But the front office is going to really have to make the correct decisions on who to trade and who to believe in and keep around. Bursting into the scene doesn't equal long term success. Coachability and making adjustments are the name of the game to sustain big league success.

shoeless joe
03-27-2018, 10:15 AM
And no matter how this year turns out I really hope the front office doesn't make a wainwright for JD drew type trade. Prolly the worst deal shuerholz ever made.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 10:22 AM
And no matter how this year turns out I really hope the front office doesn't make a wainwright for JD drew type trade. Prolly the worst deal shuerholz ever made.

You didn't like trading an Allstar level starting pitcher for what ended up being an average at best Outfielder? ****

shoeless joe
03-27-2018, 10:25 AM
You didn't like trading an Allstar level starting pitcher for what ended up being an average at best Outfielder? ****

Drew had a really good year for the braves...really good. But that was it!! 1 year!!!!!!!

louisvilledawg
03-27-2018, 10:31 AM
For now, know these:

I would add Austin Riley to that list as well. He's going to be a stud; may get some looks this season at 3rd.

parabrave
03-27-2018, 10:46 AM

You forget about Texeria?

shoeless joe
03-27-2018, 11:12 AM

That trade was basically Andrus for texeiria. Feliz may have been involved as well. I didn't mind that one because the braves had control for more than one year and thought they had a shot to sign him long term. I never was a big Tex fan but that move made a little more sense. But the braves def could have used a guy like andrus over the years.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 11:17 AM

I block him out for the sheer reason that he was great then goes to the Yankees.

msstate7
03-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Guess the only drama for opening day is who starts at 3b? I go with Ryan Flaherty

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Guess the only drama for opening day is who starts at 3b? I go with Ryan Flaherty

MLB.com is predicting Ruiz at 3rd but who knows. We haven't had a good 3rd baseman since Prado.

msstate7
03-27-2018, 11:26 AM
MLB.com is predicting Ruiz at 3rd but who knows. We haven't had a good 3rd baseman since Prado.

I think camargo will be ok if he can stay healthy. Beginning to wonder if he is accident prone. Now that I think about it, Ruiz probably is more likely... got a prospect up, so might as well play him

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2018, 11:33 AM
I think camargo will be ok if he can stay healthy. Beginning to wonder if he is accident prone. Now that I think about it, Ruiz probably is more likely... got a prospect up, so might as well play him

Camargo won't be back until April 6th at the earliest so who knows. Flaherty gives a little more leeway with Camargo being hurt. I have thought that Camargo would be the future utility guy if Riley comes up at 3rd. He can play pretty much every position in the infield but catcher which makes him pretty valuable to have on the bench.

msstate7
03-27-2018, 11:38 AM
Camargo won't be back until April 6th at the earliest so who knows. Flaherty gives a little more leeway with Camargo being hurt. I have thought that Camargo would be the future utility guy if Riley comes up at 3rd. He can play pretty much every position in the infield but catcher which makes him pretty valuable to have on the bench.

I like camargo. Hopefully he can continue to hit with pop like last season

parabrave
03-27-2018, 05:36 PM

If he produces like he did last year he will be an everyday starter.

parabrave
03-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Who is this Pache kid? Has 2 homers tonite. Is he at Pearl or Rome>

msstate7
03-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Who is this Pache kid? Has 2 homers tonite. Is he at Pearl or Rome>

Rome last season. I am sure it will be Florida this year, but could be miss. He will have an acuna like blow up this season imo. He has an mlb ready glove right now in CF. Projected to develop a good bit of power... suprisingly, tonight he has not hit a hr in a MiLB game in his career, and got 2 off an mlb pitcher

msstate7
03-28-2018, 11:18 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More
For those asking, Kyle Muller hit 97 last night on scouts guns as well, worked mostly 94-97. And as if the results weren?t enough evidence, Cristian Pache has made a swing change.

parabrave
03-28-2018, 12:06 PM
Well the parents just sent Ruiz, Santana and others down. So who will start he season at 3rd?

msstate7
03-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Well the parents just sent Ruiz, Santana and others down. So who will start he season at 3rd?

Flaherty/Culberson platoon

Bulldog1
03-28-2018, 12:25 PM
I’m nervous about this team. I’m afraid 80 wins is max, unless we call up all the young’uns and they ball out.

shoeless joe
03-28-2018, 12:29 PM
I’m nervous about this team. I’m afraid 80 wins is max, unless we call up all the young’uns and they ball out.

I'd take 80 wins rite now.

Don't need all of em to bust out but if 2 young starters emerge this year and the vets do their usual then this could be a nice year.

parabrave
03-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Lindgren to have another TJ.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Braves are still a year away more than likely. Does Snit actually get to manage the team when they are serious about contending?

msstate7
03-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Braves are still a year away more than likely. Does Snit actually get to manage the team when they are serious about contending?

Unless the Braves have a really good year, I think AA will get his guy for next season

Bulldog1
03-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Unless the Braves have a really good year, I think AA will get his guy for next season

I hope. Snitker is a good guy, but I’d rather have a younger coach

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2018, 03:43 PM
I hope. Snitker is a good guy, but I’d rather have a younger coach

I don't care if he is Jim Leyland if he wins a World Series. I would like to see a competitive team before Freddie retires.

BoomBoom
03-28-2018, 07:34 PM

Ruiz will make for a great platoon with Camargo. But Camargo is hurt right now.

parabrave
03-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Ruiz will make for a great platoon with Camargo. But Camargo is hurt right now.

Yes we know.

BoomBoom
03-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Yes we know.

Ok great, go back to complaining about Scruffy then.

parabrave
03-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Ok great, go back to complaining about Scruffy then.

Touche'

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 09:28 AM
I heard AA make the remark that he wouldn’t have brought Acuna up so quickly last year. Hope that doesn’t mean we might be disappointed come April 14.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 09:32 AM
I heard AA make the remark that he wouldn’t have brought Acuna up so quickly last year. Hope that doesn’t mean we might be disappointed come April 14.

He would have to wait till next April 14th to gain another year of control. I think anyway

smootness
03-29-2018, 09:50 AM

He has to play the game to avoid penalties from MLB. Acuna will be up as soon as he can be...may be April 16 because it's a home game, but he'll be up early.

parabrave
03-29-2018, 12:01 PM
At least we are not the Marlins.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Looks like Flaherty is starting at 3B today.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 12:03 PM
At least we are not the Marlins.

They might set the all time loss record.

Commercecomet24
03-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Opening Day Baby! It's Christmas again!

shoeless joe
03-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Opening Day Baby! It's Christmas again!

man growing up this was THE day of the year. I remember when we first got cable in the mid 90s...I was in hog heaven come April!!!!

Commercecomet24
03-29-2018, 12:24 PM
man growing up this was THE day of the year. I remember when we first got cable in the mid 90s...I was in hog heaven come April!!!!

AMEN!

msstate7
03-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Inciarte
Albies
Freddie
Markakis
Flowers
Tucker
Swanson
Flaherty
Teheran

Commercecomet24
03-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Everyone is a World Series Contender on Opening Day lol!

parabrave
03-29-2018, 02:50 PM
20 mins to go. Glad we are opening up with the phils. They are rebuilding also. I do want to see what Nola can do though.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 03:22 PM
20 mins to go. Glad we are opening up with the phils. They are rebuilding also. I do want to see what Nola can do though.

I get what you are saying, but they owned us last season. Starting off that way again... I hate Hernandez and Hoskins

msstate7
03-29-2018, 03:43 PM
Cannot even make it thru 2 innings without an injury. Crap...

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 03:46 PM
I hope we just get a hit at some point in this game. 0 so far

Commercecomet24
03-29-2018, 03:47 PM
Dang Flowers hurt in first AB. SMH.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 03:49 PM
I hope we just get a hit at some point in this game. 0 so far

Nola on the mound... do not expect it. Like all Phillies, he owns us

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 03:49 PM
Julio walks the pitcher to lead off inning. Dang.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Albies is a way better option at 2B than Brandon Phillips

parabrave
03-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Albies is a way better option at 2B than Brandon Phillips

Whoever said he wasn't? But BP did a great job at 3rd and was one of our power hitters. And someone please make scruffy he is not. Need you on base, not trying to hit homers.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Whoever said he wasn't? But BP did a great job at 3rd and was one of our power hitters.

Just making a statement... And Yes, I agree on that 2nd part. I’m just an Albies fan

msstate7
03-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Whoever said he wasn't? But BP did a great job at 3rd and was one of our power hitters. And someone please make scruffy he is not. Need you on base, not trying to hit homers.

Lol... no one has done anything for the Braves offensively save a bunt hit, but you pick out Swanson. If we are playing the Phillies, I would not count on anything good happening

MetEdDawg
03-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Hope everyone sees why Acu?a didn’t start on the big league roster. This team is not good. Hopefully with the talent we are stockpiling his extra year on the back end will matter.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Hope everyone sees why Acu?a didn’t start on the big league roster. This team is not good. Hopefully with the talent we are stockpiling his extra year on the back end will matter.

Acuna is not up bc we gain a year of control by keeping him down till April 14. Same thing cubs did with kris Bryant

parabrave
03-29-2018, 04:24 PM

Listening to Chippers interview. He was saying that Pache right now is better than Acuna. Imagine this outfield next year. Acuna, Incarte and Pache'. Hope he and Riley will be in AA so I can see them on the 11th in Biloxi.

MetEdDawg
03-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Acuna is not up bc we gain a year of control by keeping him down till April 14. Same thing cubs did with kris Bryant

Oh I know full well why he’s not up. But I’ve seen some not happy about it. And I don’t understand why they would be mad. This team is not good and we get the extra year of control.

If we were a contender you might could almost justify bringing him up now. But with this team you definitely can’t do that.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Listening to Chippers interview. He was saying that Pache right now is better than Acuna. Imagine this outfield next year. Acuna, Incarte and Pache'. Hope he and Riley will be in AA so I can see them on the 11th in Biloxi.

I do not agree with chipper on that. Acuna destroyed A+, AA, and AAA last season, and destroyed mlb spring training this year. Pache has yet to get an .800 ops at any level. Acuna has not been below .800. Acuna is 20 and pache is 19, so age is very comparable. Pache is better with the glove though. I actually think pache will explode and be a huge prospect, but acuna already is

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Guess I’ll hope for State baseball to win tonight. Braves sure aren’t winning.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 04:54 PM

Braves have a better chance of scoring 20 today than state winning tonight

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Braves have a better chance of scoring 20 today than state winning tonight

Gonna be a long year.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 04:57 PM
Gonna be a long year.
1 game

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 05:00 PM
1 game

Yep, you right. I just don’t know where the offense is going to come from.

parabrave
03-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Yep, you right. I just don’t know where the offense is going to come from.

Middle of April will help. Get Acuna and hopefully Camargo back. Hope Flowers insn't hurt. Pitching is going to be sore.

parabrave
03-29-2018, 05:13 PM

Are they going to play tonite? Been raining heavily in BR this afternoon. Oh yeag FREDDIEE

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 05:22 PM
Are they going to play tonite? Been raining heavily in BR this afternoon. Oh yeag FREDDIEE

Still scheduled for 6 per twitter. On SEC Network. Watch at your own risk lol

msstate7
03-29-2018, 05:54 PM
We have walked Franco twice today. That is not easy to do

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:25 PM
Great comeback.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 06:32 PM
I’m impressed by the fight. I stand corrected- the offense exploded last inning. Finish it off #Braves!

shoeless joe
03-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Yep...guess I can quit hating tucker for the homerun off reed

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:34 PM
Yep...guess I can quit hating tucker for the homerun off reed

Suzuki and tucker had some good ABs

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Settle down, albies

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Braves 1-0

Bulldog1
WALK OFF BABY!!!!!!!!

MetEdDawg
Hot damn!!!

Commercecomet24
What a comeback!!!

parabrave
03-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Thank you Phils manager for taking out Nola.

Commercecomet24
03-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Projected to finish 162-0 lol

msstate7
03-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Thank you Phils manager for taking out Nola.

Incredibly dumb. I love the analytics part of the game, but common sense says keep Nola in.

Bulldog1
03-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Incredibly dumb. I love the analytics part of the game, but common sense says keep Nola in.

Yep

shoeless joe
03-29-2018, 07:11 PM

Kapler was hired to do just what he did. Take gut feel, instinct, and experience completely out of the equation and manage strictly by the analytics book. They'll say that if they manage that way all year day in and day out they'll be successful in the end

msstate7
03-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Kapler was hired to do just what he did. Take gut feel, instinct, and experience completely out of the equation and manage strictly by the analytics book. They'll say that if they manage that way all year day in and day out they'll be successful in the end

In theory. Phillies do not have a good bullpen though, so is a scrub reliever really a better option that your young stud starter?

shoeless joe
03-29-2018, 07:17 PM
In theory. Phillies do not have a good bullpen though, so is a scrub reliever really a better option that your young stud starter?

Oh you're preaching to the choir believe me. I've warmed to certain bits of analytic data but overall baseball is a feel and strategy game. Way more fun to view the game that way IMO

BoomBoom
03-29-2018, 09:06 PM

Nah, first game of the year with a young pitcher. He's probably not fully stretched out yet. No need to push the envelope yet.

The dumb move was Brothers in the 6th. Then winkler. Worst 2 pitchers in the pen.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Nah, first game of the year with a young pitcher. He's probably not fully stretched out yet. No need to push the envelope yet.

The dumb move was Brothers in the 6th. Then winkler. Worst 2 pitchers in the pen.
Brothers decision was sketchy at best, but straight up horrible to let him face right hander after walking lefty

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 10:54 AM
Can’t wait until 6:30. Ready for game 2, hoping Folty shows out!

parabrave
03-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Flowers on DL for Oblique. Lucky we had 3 catchers on the roster last night/

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 03:43 PM
Lindgren has been moved to the 60 day DL.

parabrave
03-30-2018, 05:19 PM
Lindgren has been moved to the 60 day DL.

He is most probably done,

msstate7
03-30-2018, 05:21 PM
He is most probably done,

I agree

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Get in the dugout moron. I can’t stand the Phillies Manager

parabrave
03-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Hey scruffy gets his 1st hit and run. He finally hits how he needs to. A liner into short left gap.

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Hey scruffy gets his 1st hit and run. He finally hits how he needs to. A liner into short left gap.

I hope he turns a corner this year. He can smash a fastball

parabrave
03-30-2018, 07:54 PM
I hope he turns a corner this year. He can smash a fastball

It was a good high fastball. Most times he would have tried to jack it but kept his swing level and hit it good.

BoomBoom
03-30-2018, 08:01 PM
It was a good high fastball. Most times he would have tried to jack it but kept his swing level and hit it good.

Same in his 2nd AB.

parabrave
03-30-2018, 08:14 PM
Same in his 2nd AB.

Maybe the lights gone off. BTW can't bear to listen with left than a minute to go in the girls game.

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 08:33 PM
How many arms do the Phillies have left in the pen? They threw 5 yesterday and are currently on their 3rd today.

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Kapler is using that BP up!

BoomBoom
03-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Told yall Preston Tucker was underrated. Need to find him ABs this year.

BoomBoom
03-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Told yall Preston Tucker was underrated. Need to find him ABs this year.

Scruffffyyyyy!!!!!

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 09:43 PM
DANSBY!!!

BoomBoom
03-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Scruffffyyyyy!!!!!

Shit Bourjous, you have one job. Smdh.

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Should’ve slid head first so he could’ve touched the plate with his hand

parabrave
03-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Scruffffyyyyy!!!!!

Dam what a good looking swing. all three hits have that good level swing with great extension.

msstate7
03-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Damn, bourjas

BoomBoom
03-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Tucker wouldn't have made that catch. At least Bourjos is good for something.

msstate7
03-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Tucker wouldn't have made that catch. At least Bourjos is good for something.

Tucker would not have been within 15 feet haha

Bulldog1
03-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Tucker would not have been within 15 feet haha

Probably, but I bet Tucker know knows how to slide into home. But, he probably wouldn’t have been anywhere close to the plate because he’s so slow lol