PDA

View Full Version : Baseball team.

preachermatt83
03-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Through 15 games we are 9-6... the exact same record we had through 15 games last year.

raymond21
03-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Difference is we were struggling on the mound last year, this year it’s the bats

I seen it dawg
03-10-2018, 02:59 PM
I don’t think people quite understand what we hired as our head baseball coach...too soon?

msstate7
03-10-2018, 03:00 PM
I don’t think people quite understand what we hired as our head baseball coach...too soon?

Lol... stick with it

MaroonFlounder
03-10-2018, 03:09 PM
I hate the fact that both Pilkington and Small have had great pitching performances that resulted in no decisions because we can’t hit or get clutch RBI, or have egregious base-running blunders.

preachermatt83
03-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Now that's hilarious

BuckyIsAB****
03-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Through 15 games we are 9-6... the exact same record we had through 15 games last year.

But we suck? I thought the season was already over after what was said on by some on this board yesterday

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-10-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm not one who says this season is terrible or thre's no hope, but there is a little bit of difference between who those 6 loses have come against. Last year: Texas Tech, Moorhead State, Marist, and @ Oregon x3. This season it's @ USM x3, Texas A&M at Corpus Christi, and Utah valley. Last year had 4 excusable loses and 2 bad ones. Alos last year we lost largely due to trying different Ps to figure out the staff, which resulted in giving up runs we wouldn't have later in the year once we figured out what we had. This years loses come because of terrible hitting, which isn't something that automatically gets better as the year goes on.

msstate7
03-10-2018, 05:57 PM
I'm not one who says this season is terrible or thre's no hope, but there is a little bit of difference between who those 6 loses have come against. Last year: Texas Tech, Moorhead State, Marist, and @ Oregon x3. This season it's @ USM x3, Texas A&M at Corpus Christi, and Utah valley. Last year had 4 excusable loses and 2 bad ones. Alos last year we lost largely due to trying different Ps to figure out the staff, which resulted in giving up runs we wouldn't have later in the year once we figured out what we had. This years loses come because of terrible hitting, which isn't something that automatically gets better as the year goes on.

Usm is ranked this season, and was a SR team last season. They are close to Texas tech who was a regional team last season. Oregon was not a regional team last year, so not sure why that sweep was impressive losses. Ironically, the team we beat last Sunday eliminated TT from the regional last season to advance to a SR

BuckyIsAB****
03-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Usm is ranked this season, and was a SR team last season. They are close to Texas tech who was a regional team last season. Oregon was not a regional team last year, so not sure why that sweep was impressive losses. Ironically, the team we beat last Sunday eliminated TT from the regional last season to advance to a SR

Lafayette beat LSU and Houston is ranked (was) and SHSU was a tourney team last year if Im not mistaken

preachermatt83
03-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Lafayette beat LSU and Houston is ranked (was) and SHSU was a tourney team last year if Im not mistaken

Shsu was a super regional team last year.

IMissJack
03-10-2018, 10:21 PM
The real griping will start as OM does well this year.

preachermatt83
03-10-2018, 10:24 PM

They are very good. They will be even better next yr.

Pit Bull
03-11-2018, 01:57 AM

Have we made a hire? Thought it wouldn't be until after the season....this summer sometime.

Pit Bull
03-11-2018, 02:01 AM

They do look good and beat Long Beach State (traditionally a strong west coast team) at their place 2 out of 3 games. That #1 ranked recruiting class are now sophomores, so I expect they may indeed have a big year.

mstatefan91
03-11-2018, 02:12 AM
They do look good and beat Long Beach State (traditionally a strong west coast team) at their place 2 out of 3 games. That #1 ranked recruiting class are now sophomores, so I expect they may indeed have a big year.

Always begs the question. How does OM get a #1 recruiting class in baseball?

Dawg61
03-11-2018, 02:59 AM
We are 9-3 as far as I am concerned.

msbulldog
03-11-2018, 08:42 AM
We are 9-3 as far as I am concerned.

Yep forget that 1st weekend, we had no coach!

Cooterpoot
03-11-2018, 09:05 AM
This team is nowhere close to last year. We?ve lost to some really shitty teams. We have one decent win. USM dismantled us. If we win 30+ games, it?ll be a miracle.
At least we have some freshmen to build around.

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 09:07 AM
This team is nowhere close to last year. We?ve lost to some really shitty teams. We have one decent win. USM dismantled us. If we win 30+ games, it?ll be a miracle.

I thought all 3 wins in the Houston tournament were decent wins.

Cooterpoot
03-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I thought all 3 wins in the Houston tournament were decent wins.

They would’ve been last year, but those teams outside of Houston arent strong this year.

msstate7
03-11-2018, 09:13 AM
They would’ve been last year, but those teams outside of Houston arent strong this year.

Shsu is 31st in rpi

Bulldog1
03-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Shsu is 31st in rpi

Didn’t they beat Vandy? Gosh, Vandy must suck***

MetEdDawg
03-11-2018, 09:24 AM
the expectations of this team were overinflated since the beginning. We are young and replaced a lot in our lineup. I said before the season we were a 3 seed type team. We have really good pitching but we are young at the plate.

Now that being said, because of our pitching depth, in SEC play we can win series because of how good we are on the mound. But we are going to lose games because we can?t hit consistently. Catchers are rough at the plate, Alexander even with the homer isn?t going to hit consistently, and we knew going into the season that RF was a major question mark.

This shouldn?t be a surprise to people. We have 3 freshmen in the lineup consistently and 2 of them are hanging around in the center of our lineup. And Rowdy isn?t a 9 hole hitter, but for this current lineup he?s a hell of a lot more effective setting up Mangum and Stovall. That should be pretty obvious that we don?t have what we need to hit consistently. This season isn?t a wash, but if you think we will get better than a 3 seed you need to fix your expectations. We are young and are going to play young. Still a good ball club but not world beaters. And considering all we?ve been through I would say making a regional as a 3 seed would show me a crap ton about this young team.

Joethedawg1
03-11-2018, 09:40 AM
In game one we hit the ball very hard, but right at someone. Those things will even out over the course of the season. Gotta hit em where they ain't!!

tcdog70
03-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Did anyone hear that USM Had a guy with a spotting scope in CF stealing our signals. We figured it out half-way through the second game

msbulldog
03-11-2018, 12:49 PM
the expectations of this team were overinflated since the beginning. We are young and replaced a lot in our lineup. I said before the season we were a 3 seed type team. We have really good pitching but we are young at the plate.

Now that being said, because of our pitching depth, in SEC play we can win series because of how good we are on the mound. But we are going to lose games because we can?t hit consistently. Catchers are rough at the plate, Alexander even with the homer isn?t going to hit consistently, and we knew going into the season that RF was a major question mark.

This shouldn?t be a surprise to people. We have 3 freshmen in the lineup consistently and 2 of them are hanging around in the center of our lineup. And Rowdy isn?t a 9 hole hitter, but for this current lineup he?s a hell of a lot more effective setting up Mangum and Stovall. That should be pretty obvious that we don?t have what we need to hit consistently. This season isn?t a wash, but if you think we will get better than a 3 seed you need to fix your expectations. We are young and are going to play young. Still a good ball club but not world beaters. And considering all we?ve been through I would say making a regional as a 3 seed would show me a crap ton about this young team.

Good post Met Ed.