PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if anyone else feels the same

MetEdDawg
03-09-2018, 10:34 PM
But I don't think there's an MSU basketball team that I cared more about than this team. One of the youngest teams in the country. Lamar Peters suspended, comes back. gets better, and carries the team on his shoulders in so many different ways. Nick goes down tonight. Close games, tough wins, tough losses, lots of high quality defense. Effort, toughness, never give up.

There's a lot of things that we could complain about with this team. But this team and this group of guys worked their tails off this year. If you don't think that's the case, go watch some of the games from the first quarter of the season. We are light years ahead of where we were in November and December. This group of guys could be the one that lays the foundation for the future of MSU basketball. Lot of tough times, but this group really pulled on the emotional strings this year.

Good thing is we still get to watch them play in the postseason.

Dawgcap
03-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Great post!

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2018, 10:56 PM
I hope they make a strong run in the NIT, and I love being involved in MSU basketball again. Sometimes I would think a team like this needs a rough go for a season. Next year is the time to use those hard fights and tough losses to become what they can be. If they stay together and take a long look at the limitations and more importantly the possibilities of what they can become with hard work, we will take a leave forward next year. Hats off to them. When Nick gets back, we will all move forward.

MaroonFlounder
03-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Even with all its faults, I love this team. It took them several conference games to become a TEAM.

Nick spoon gives everything he’s got. He makes some freshmen mistakes, but he’s a future star, and I hope he’s OK.

Got to find a way to rebound better against teams with the size and toughness of TN. Lamar made the right call to kick it out for a chance at a winning 3. It just didn’t go.

Bigedawg
03-09-2018, 11:34 PM
I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a State team. So much talent but so inconsistent. They can often make the spectacular plays, but still lack severely in fundamentals. Case in point: multiple times tonight we missed box outs on front ends of one and ones that led to free points. Struggled mightily just to in bound the ball coming out of timeouts. We got few if any 50/50 balls. This team is missing something that I can't put my finger on. Our strength and conditioning program is obviously a disaster. Carter and Holman are two of the weakest SEC players I have ever seen. Carter needs to be eating 8,000 calories a day all summer. Tenn is not better than us. They just whipped us physically and wanted the ball more. Next season has to be a tourney year. This team was tourney caliber but weak nonconference scheduling, youth, low basketball IQ, and lack of strength/physicality did us in this year. Ho hum. Wait until next year, again....

99jc
03-09-2018, 11:45 PM
But we have 5 future NBA players on this team!

FanninDawg
03-09-2018, 11:48 PM
I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a State team. So much talent but so inconsistent. They can often make the spectacular plays, but still lack severely in fundamentals. Case in point: multiple times tonight we missed box outs on front ends of one and ones that led to free points. Struggled mightily just to in bound the ball coming out of timeouts. We got few if any 50/50 balls. This team is missing something that I can't put my finger on. Our strength and conditioning program is obviously a disaster. Carter and Holman are two of the weakest SEC players I have ever seen. Carter needs to be eating 8,000 calories a day all summer. Tenn is not better than us. They just whipped us physically and wanted the ball more. Next season has to be a tourney year. This team was tourney caliber but weak nonconference scheduling, youth, low basketball IQ, and lack of strength/physicality did us in this year. Ho hum. Wait until next year, again....

Great post by a super tv fan. I missed one game in Starkville and am in St. Louis now. The OP is right, great team, great future. We just need to lose the po missittpi tate fans!

Bully13
03-09-2018, 11:54 PM
But I don't think there's an MSU basketball team that I cared more about than this team. One of the youngest teams in the country. Lamar Peters suspended, comes back. gets better, and carries the team on his shoulders in so many different ways. Nick goes down tonight. Close games, tough wins, tough losses, lots of high quality defense. Effort, toughness, never give up.

There's a lot of things that we could complain about with this team. But this team and this group of guys worked their tails off this year. If you don't think that's the case, go watch some of the games from the first quarter of the season. We are light years ahead of where we were in November and December. This group of guys could be the one that lays the foundation for the future of MSU basketball. Lot of tough times, but this group really pulled on the emotional strings this year.

Fantastic sir. cudos on this post . could not agree more . great job sir.

msbulldog
03-10-2018, 05:10 AM

Absolutely MetEd, pure joy to watch, very well said have a Rep! +1

JohnnyQuid
03-10-2018, 07:54 AM
But I don't think there's an MSU basketball team that I cared more about than this team.

I like this team and the players that comprise it - i have "cared more" tho. Alot more - for multiple squads. I think this group will hold a special place in our hearts tho when all is said and done.

msstate7
03-10-2018, 08:11 AM
I have had some really high highs and some really low lows with this team. I do think this team has a chance to do something special next season, but it will take a few things imo:

1. Keep our starting 5 and carter. Carter probably seems like a weird player to throw in there, but he is a shooter and we do not many. Carter needs to hit 37%+ next season from 3

2. Offseason strength program. We need to be bigger and stronger next year. Holman, ado, and carter specifically.

3. 2 of Perry, tshisumpa, datcher, and feazell need to be ready to not just give us mins, but quality mins. Ado has had to play too many mins this year, and I think that?s why he has disappeared down the stretch.

4. I do not think this is completely necessary, but it would help... play a few possessions of zone defense every game. Really think howland needs to rethink this. Zone defenses are a nice change of pace advantage a team has to use from time to time. I do not want us zoning a lot, but I do a little

5. And of course, stay healthy

Bigedawg
03-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Great post by a super tv fan. I missed one game in Starkville and am in St. Louis now. The OP is right, great team, great future. We just need to lose the po missittpi tate fans!

Congrats on your dedication to the team. I coulda never hope to be the caliber of fan as you. From a super tv fan, exactly which parts of my original post do you disagree with? This team is one of the most frustrating that I can ever remember. Sweet Sixteen caliber at times and OM level at others. I commend you if you are actually one of the few season ticket holders that actually shows up for the games. Unfortunately, you are in the minority. Enjoy the rest of your weekend in scenic St Louis, Mr Super Fan. Feel free to pat yourself on the back some more if that makes you feel better.