PDA

View Full Version : 2018 MSU Depth Chart

BossHawg
03-08-2018, 08:29 PM
What's up Bulldogs fans,

I am currently working on your Bulldogs for the NCAA 14 roster project that we do annually to help keep the game alive and because we all love CFB so much. We do all of the work for free so there is no ulterior motives here we just simply want to produce the most accurate rosters we can for each team. I chose your Bulldogs this year because I have always liked your team from afar except when you guys beat Michigan a few years ago in that bowl game lol. We can only put 69 players on a team so sometimes it is hard to completely fill a team correctly because of the limit on players that the game has.

Here is some of the info I have gathered and have questions about.

1. Defensive Scheme - I have read that Shoop will run with a 4-2-5 scheme with some 3 man fronts mixed in. The game itself also restricts us playbook wise and if any of you are familiar with it you will understand what I mean. I have a Bulldog fan telling me your going to run a 4-3 so right now I am kind of stuck between the 2 any help on this would be appreciated.

2. I have no clue what kind of offense you guys are going to install I am guessing it will be similar to what Penn State ran last year but any help on this would also be appreciated.

3. Any news on incoming/outgoing transfers would be appreciated as well.

4. I need some help on filling out the depth chart and this is my best guess so far. I would like to be able to go 3 deep for the entire defense so any info here would be awesome!

QB Nick Fitzgerald
QB Keytaon Thompson
QB Jalen Mayden

RB Aeris Williams
RB Kylin Hill
RB Nick Gibson
RB Dontavian Lee
RB La'damian Webb

WR Stephen Guidry
WR Devonta Jason
WR Malik Dear
WR Keith Mixon
WR Deddrick Thomas
WR Jesse Jackson
WR Reggie Todd
WR Jamal Couch
WR Malik Heath

TE Farrod Green
TE Justin Johnson
TE Dontea Jones
TE Geor'quarius Spivey

LT Greg Eiland
LT Tyre Phillips
LT Kwatrivous Johnson

LG Darryl Williams
LG Dareuan Parker

C Elgton Jenkins
C Harrison Moon

RG Deion Calhoun
RG Tommy Champion
RG Michael Story

RT Stewart Reese
RT Evans Wilkerson

This is everything I have so far I would really like some fans close to the program to chime in here because I really want your team to be as accurate as possible. Thanks for your time and good luck on the upcoming season.

Big4Dawg
03-08-2018, 08:33 PM
On phone so can’t do defense. But Malik Heath is was to low. Should be around 4-5.

BuckyIsAB****
03-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Osirus Mitchell at WR and move Heath up a bit and youre good on offense.

Shoop is 4-3 Multiple. I think that was a playbook on there.

Man I wish I still had a 360 so I could play it. Thanks for everything yall do

BossHawg
03-08-2018, 09:27 PM
On phone so can?t do defense. But Malik Heath is was to low. Should be around 4-5.

From what I have gathered so far it seems you guys have very little faith in the current receiving core is that fair to say? Also if you could post you thoughts on the defensive depth chart when you get a chance that would be awesome! Also I really try to get people to list sources or how they got to the conclusion they came to. Reason for this is a lot of times on the site where we do the rosters we get a lot of bad info and it takes quite a few hours for me especially to complete a single team so I strive to do it right the 1st. time.

BossHawg
03-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Osirus Mitchell at WR and move Heath up a bit and youre good on offense.

Shoop is 4-3 Multiple. I think that was a playbook on there.

Man I wish I still had a 360 so I could play it. Thanks for everything yall do

Ya that was the playbook I was considering if I didn't use the 4-2-5. If you had to give a overall on your WR's on the list above how would you rate each player?

Here is a depth chart that another Bulldogs fan gave me but I have some serious questions when it comes to the OL because I highly doubt any freshman is going to start over your players already on the roster. I was actually really shocked when I seen the size of your guys OL they are some big boys lol!

QB Nick Fitzgerald
Keytaon Thompson
Jalen Mayden

RB Aeris Williams
Kylin Hill
Nick Gibson
La'damian Webb

WR Stephen Guidry
Devonta Jason
Jesse Jackson
Jamal Couch
Malik Heath
Austin Williams

Slot Malik Dear
Keith Mixon

TE Farrod Green
Justin Johnson
Christian Roberson
Dontea Jones
Geor'quarius Spivey

LT Greg Eiland
Cordavien Suggs
Kwatrivious Johnson

LG Darryl Williams
Tommy Champion

C Elgton Jenkins
Dareuan Parker

RG Deion Calhoun
Michael Story

RT Stuart Reese
Kameron Jones

P Tucker Day

DT Jeffery Simmons
Braxton Hoyett
Tre Brown
Lee Autry
Fabien Lovett
Devon Robinson
Cameron Young

DE Chauncey Rivers
Montez Sweat
Fletcher Adams
Marquiss Spencer
Kobe Jones
Aaron Odom
Jaden Crumedy
Brad Cumbest

MLB Erroll Thompson
Tyler Dunning
Jett Johnson
Sh'mar Kilby-Lane

LOLB Willie Gay Jr.
Aaron Brule
Nathaniel Watson

ROLB Leo Lewis
Gerri Green
Tim Washington

CB Jamal Peters
Brian Cole
Cameron Dantzler
Marcus Murphy
Tyler Williams
Esaias Furdge
Jaylon Reed

FS Brandon Bryant
Landon Guidry

SS Mark McLaurin
Johnathan Abram
Shawn Preston

K Jace Christmann

somebodyshotmypaw
03-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Harrison Moon is not on our team

bulldawg28
03-08-2018, 09:39 PM
From what I have gathered so far it seems you guys have very little faith in the current receiving core is that fair to say? Also if you could post you thoughts on the defensive depth chart when you get a chance that would be awesome! Also I really try to get people to list sources or how they got to the conclusion they came to. Reason for this is a lot of times on the site where we do the rosters we get a lot of bad info and it takes quite a few hours for me especially to complete a single team so I strive to do it right the 1st. time.

There is faith in this year's WR corp. Last year not so much

Leroy Jenkins
03-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Malik Heath is was to low. Should be around 4-5.

I expect him to RS, we'll see.

Todd4State
I'll give it a shot:

QB- Fitz
QB- Key- I think we will see both Fitz and Key in the same formation at times like Penn State did last year with their QB's.

RB- Aeris/Hill. Really hope we use these two as a tandem. Joe has used one primary back the last few years but his last two backs are a guy that was a Walter Payton Award candidate and Barkley who many think is the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.
ATH- Dear. I see him being used both in the slot and at RB. Or to be more precise lining up in the slot and motioning into the backfield as a RB at times.
WR (Z)- Guidry
WR- (X) Todd
Slot- Whop
WR- Jesse Jackson
WR- Couch
WR- Malik Heath
Slot- Deddrick Thomas- I see all of these WR's contributing some next year. The first three I think will start.
TE- Green

C- Jenkins
LG- Daryl Williams
RG- Deion Calhoun
LT- Eiland
RT- Reese

Offensive line group above was solid so there is no reason to change.

DE- Rivers
DT- Simmons
DT- Cory Thomas
DE- Sweat
DE/OLB- Gerri Green/Marquiss Spencer
OLB- Leo Lewis
MLB- Errol
OLB- Willie Gay

Lot of 4 and even 5 star talent in that group. Probably our best front since Joe Lee Dunn in 1999.

CB- Peters
CB- Dantzler/Rayford
Nickle?- Brian Cole
S- McLaurin
S- Abrams
S/Nickle- Bryant

Pretty solid senior laden secondary. I suspect Marcus Murphy and Tyler Williams will play some in reserve roles and I could see Murphy being the primary nickle guy. Unsure where he really fits in at the moment.

PK- Christmann
KO- Goodman
P- Tucker Day
KR/PR- Deddrick Thomas
KR- Mixon
LS- Joel Baldwin

A couple of question marks with Day and punter who will probably be OK and Scott Goodman at KO since he will be a true freshman and a new LS. Hopefully Joe and Joey will let our return guys actually return kicks instead of fair catching everything in SEC play. Very solid looking unit overall.

BossHawg
Harrison Moon is not on our team

Thank you for posting this. Since you guys do not have a updated roster that is definitely 1 that got by me. Is there any other players that have left recently?

bulldawg28
03-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Thank you for posting this. Since you guys do not have a updated roster that is definitely 1 that got by me. Is there any other players that have left recently?

There will be plenty of info spread just hang around

confucius say
03-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Ya that was the playbook I was considering if I didn't use the 4-2-5. If you had to give a overall on your WR's on the list above how would you rate each player?

Here is a depth chart that another Bulldogs fan gave me but I have some serious questions when it comes to the OL because I highly doubt any freshman is going to start over your players already on the roster. I was actually really shocked when I seen the size of your guys OL they are some big boys lol!

QB Nick Fitzgerald
Keytaon Thompson
Jalen Mayden

RB Aeris Williams
Kylin Hill
Nick Gibson
La'damian Webb

WR Stephen Guidry
Devonta Jason
Jesse Jackson
Jamal Couch
Malik Heath
Austin Williams

Slot Malik Dear
Keith Mixon

TE Farrod Green
Justin Johnson
Christian Roberson
Dontea Jones
Geor'quarius Spivey

LT Greg Eiland
Cordavien Suggs
Kwatrivious Johnson

LG Darryl Williams
Tommy Champion

C Elgton Jenkins
Dareuan Parker

RG Deion Calhoun
Michael Story

RT Stuart Reese
Kameron Jones

P Tucker Day

DT Jeffery Simmons
Braxton Hoyett
Tre Brown
Lee Autry
Fabien Lovett
Devon Robinson
Cameron Young

DE Chauncey Rivers
Montez Sweat
Fletcher Adams
Marquiss Spencer
Kobe Jones
Aaron Odom
Jaden Crumedy
Brad Cumbest

MLB Erroll Thompson
Tyler Dunning
Jett Johnson
Sh'mar Kilby-Lane

LOLB Willie Gay Jr.
Aaron Brule
Nathaniel Watson

ROLB Leo Lewis
Gerri Green
Tim Washington

CB Jamal Peters
Brian Cole
Cameron Dantzler
Marcus Murphy
Tyler Williams
Esaias Furdge
Jaylon Reed

FS Brandon Bryant
Landon Guidry

SS Mark McLaurin
Johnathan Abram
Shawn Preston

K Jace Christmann

That chart does not have Cory Thomas, and he is likely to start at dt along with Simmons if we play an even front.

Pit Bull
03-09-2018, 04:24 AM
Jace Christmann will be our kicker. Our Army All American kicker recruit was stolen by our former coach, so Christmann will be the man. He is accurate, but may not be effective beyond 40-45 yds. out.