PDA

View Full Version : One and done rule

Bulldog1
03-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Saw this this morning. They need to get rid of One and Dones, hope it happens.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22615784/nba-making-plans-get-involved-high-school-level-once-again-espn

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2018, 03:04 PM
They just need to go to the baseball model. Make it where if you want to get paid either go straight out of high school or wait 3 years. It is almost worth not recruiting 1 and done type players so you can get a senior laden team every 3 to 4 years.

Dawg61
03-05-2018, 03:11 PM
NBA needs to have a functional minor league system. That's the problem with CBB right now. All these players getting paid under the table would be paid legally and in the minor leagues if it was baseball. There's 30 teams in MLB and 30 in NBA. There's 25 guys on a MLB roster and 15 on an NBA one. There's over 5,500 minor league baseball players and just 270 for the NBA. There's your problem.

Political Hack
03-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Free market economy being curtailed by over regulation. There should be no rules on this. I honestly don’t know how it’s legal.

Coach34
03-05-2018, 03:25 PM
They just need to go to the baseball model. Make it where if you want to get paid either go straight out of high school or wait 3 years. It is almost worth not recruiting 1 and done type players so you can get a senior laden team every 3 to 4 years.

This 100%

Commercecomet24
03-05-2018, 03:35 PM

I've always wondered why they never did this. It makes the most sense.

Bulldog1
03-05-2018, 04:24 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. They need to do this now.

Lance Harbor
03-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Agreed, the fact that this collusion is legal is insane. No Bill Gates, you have to stay in college 3 years before we will allow you to revolutionize computing.

Free market economy being curtailed by over regulation. There should be no rules on this. I honestly don’t know how it’s legal.

Todd4State
03-05-2018, 09:14 PM
The difference is in baseball if you go pro you go straight to the Florida instructional league or Billings, Montana. Not straight to MLB.

99% of high school basketball players aren't ready for the NBA.

Bulldog1
03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
The difference is in baseball if you go pro you go straight to the Florida instructional league or Billings, Montana. Not straight to MLB.

99% of high school basketball players aren't ready for the NBA.

Something I read this morning was Silver talking about High School basketball players and the G-league. I just saw the headline, didn't read the whole article, but I'm guessing that they might implement more of a minor league system for those who go out of high school, but aren't quite NBA ready.

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2018, 09:20 PM
All for it. One and done needs to be done. If it could take AAU with it that would be even better.

Bulldog1
03-05-2018, 09:24 PM
So how soon do y'all think this would be enforced?

Coach34
03-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Agreed, the fact that this collusion is legal is insane. No Bill Gates, you have to stay in college 3 years before we will allow you to revolutionize computing.

The players would be well within their rights to leave college early and invent another basketball league to serve their purpose. Just like Gates did with computers

But the NBA and NCAA would do well to follow the baseball model- it would improve their product tremendously

The Federalist Engineer
03-05-2018, 09:40 PM

100% true - same for football. There should be a minor league system for paid 18 -21 year olds

This would make college sports a true college sport

Coach34
03-05-2018, 09:51 PM
100% true - same for football. There should be a minor league system for paid 18 -21 year olds

What are we going to do with the added amounts of injuries when you pit 19 year olds vs guys that are 27, 28, 29 etc? 9 out of 10 arent physically ready for that. By doing that- you are giving the courts and medical technicians more ammo to outlaw the sport or to legislate the contact out of it.

Bulldog1
03-05-2018, 09:56 PM
What are we going to do with the added amounts of injuries when you pit 19 year olds vs guys that are 27, 28, 29 etc? 9 out of 10 arent physically ready for that. By doing that- you are giving the courts and medical technicians more ammo to outlaw the sport or to legislate the contact out of it.

Good point. I think we should pay college football players/stars, then.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-05-2018, 10:26 PM

What do you mean by "True college sport"? You mean the players won't be paid? Because of so, I got some news for you- those 'Bama boosters will still want the 5* DE, and if the NFL minor league is offering 100k/year that's what they'll do too

Lance Harbor
03-06-2018, 10:13 AM
The players would be well within their rights to leave college early and invent another basketball league to serve their purpose. Just like Gates did with computers

But the NBA and NCAA would do well to follow the baseball model- it would improve their product tremendously

The players can leave in baseball and basketball.

Football, is much different. This isn't a technological revolution, it's a sport run in collusion with Universities, the NCAA & NFL getting 99% of the revenue generated. Just as corrupt as the mafia.