PDA

View Full Version : Diwun Black just decommitted

louisvilledawg
03-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Probably already on the recruiting thread, but I, like too many of our other posters, am too lazy tonight to look to see.

That's a huge loss. What in the hell is going on?

Coach34
03-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Not a big loss at all. Played against him- will be shocked if he pans out

klong-dog
03-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Seeing all the other recruits this weekend in BR get attention, he's wanting some of his own.

msstate7
03-04-2018, 10:04 PM
It is way too early to freak out, so I will not. With that said, this staff is not hitting the ground running.

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 10:12 PM
It is way too early to freak out, so I will not. With that said, this staff is not hitting the ground running.

It's March 4th

https://media.giphy.com/media/aQGqcObSxfixy/giphy.gif

Pit Bull
03-04-2018, 10:19 PM
C ya'

MaroonFlounder
03-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Does he project as WR or defense at the next level?

msstate7
03-04-2018, 10:29 PM
It's March 4th

He unofficially visited OM this weekend, so he could be their 9th commit soon.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-04-2018, 10:35 PM

No he didn't

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 10:36 PM

I don't fall for your trollish ways. I couldn't give a **** if Ole Miss had 25 commits right now. Signing a bunch of dudes this early is stupid and a waste of time and money. Not nearly as stupid as offering 8th graders but still stupid.

dawgday166
03-04-2018, 10:37 PM
I don't fall for your trollish ways. I couldn't give a **** if Ole Miss had 25 commits right now. Signing a bunch of dudes this early is stupid and a waste of time and money. Not nearly as stupid as offering 8th graders but still stupid.

LOL ... he be trolling now.

msstate7
03-04-2018, 10:41 PM
No he didn't
Sorry then. Read it on sps. Robbie cb him to OM though, so point remains

preachermatt83
03-04-2018, 10:46 PM
I don't care where he commits or don't commit, the kid will never see a college feild. I'm sorry. I'm not saying this because he decomitted . Search the threads and u will see where I've said it multiple times. I grew up there.. I know his teachers and parents... he will not come anywhere even close to qualifying. I'd be shocked if he graduates.

Jack Lambert
03-04-2018, 10:50 PM
It's March 4th

If I could give you reps right now I would.

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 10:56 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ErKDci4GgPkcAF2/giphy.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
03-04-2018, 11:02 PM

I think Robbie is jumping to conclusions but we'll see.

yjnkdawg
03-04-2018, 11:15 PM

I'll give 61 a rep.

yjnkdawg
03-04-2018, 11:16 PM
It's March 4th

Rep given.

Bothrops
03-04-2018, 11:41 PM
I thought this one was headed to East Side of the Lake Junior Prep..

yjnkdawg
03-05-2018, 12:01 AM

LOL and Black didn't even know he unofficially visited OM this weekend, unless he read it on SPS.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-05-2018, 12:18 AM

I?ll be shocked if he has the grades

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2018, 03:16 AM

Hope the best for the kid. But word is hes got grade issues

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-05-2018, 09:35 AM
I don't care where he commits or don't commit, the kid will never see a college feild. I'm sorry. I'm not saying this because he decomitted . Search the threads and u will see where I've said it multiple times. I grew up there.. I know his teachers and parents... he will not come anywhere even close to qualifying. I'd be shocked if he graduates.

True^^ My sister was his teacher and she told me it would be a miracle if he has the grades. He was not too bright.

03-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Hands down, worst poster on any MSU board

msstate7
03-05-2018, 10:27 AM

And yet you are the one that keeps getting banned everywhere

ababyatemydingo
03-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Many would say you are.

Dallas_Dawg
03-05-2018, 10:52 AM
So everyone says he has grades issues, and C34 says he can't play. How is he a 4 star???

civildawg
03-05-2018, 10:59 AM
It's the we didnt want him anyway mentality that most of us make fun of ole miss for doing, yet here we are doing it ourselves.

msstate7
03-05-2018, 11:01 AM
So everyone says he has grades issues, and C34 says he can't play. How is he a 4 star???

We are just making room.

(There, now we have covered everything haha)

louisvilledawg
03-05-2018, 11:29 AM

So losing (assuming he doesn't jump back in the boat) the 67th best prospect in the nation isn't a big loss at all? That seems like a stretch. Even if he is not nearly as good as that ranking, he would still fall somewhere in the top 300 prospects - I would consider that a big loss.

Bothrops
03-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Excellent question. Someone has bad info.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2018, 11:52 AM

I think he's a big time player. He does have grade concerns but I'm not ready to say he won't make it yet. We will continue to recruit him hard.

Dawgology
03-05-2018, 11:55 AM
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!!!! We want even be able to field a football team next year!!!1!! **

msstate7
03-05-2018, 12:04 PM
I think he's a big time player. He does have grade concerns but I'm not ready to say he won't make it yet. We will continue to recruit him hard.

Thank you. Even if the kid is not gonna qualify, it is a loss right now. Recruiting to me is a momentum game at times, and losing a mid- to high-4* looks bad to the other kids around the state we are recruiting.

BeardoMSU
03-05-2018, 12:25 PM
It's the we didnt want him anyway mentality that most of us make fun of ole miss for doing, yet here we are doing it ourselves.

Bingo.

Cooterpoot
03-05-2018, 12:34 PM
I don't think I've seen anyone say they wouldn't take him (may have missed it in the melt). Everybody knows he's got big qualifying issues and lives with OM people.
No secret there. He committed to us without ever stepping foot on campus too.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-05-2018, 12:41 PM

WTH? I would say he was one of the most level headed posters on the board. You on the other hand....not so much.

Coach34
03-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Excellent question. Someone has bad info.

He has some talent- but was suspended a few games last season for off the field issues. His family life isnt real good and that bleeds into some of his decisions.

Pat Patterson
Nick Brassell
Tobias Manning
Kailo Moore
Montrell Conner
Michael Carr
Quay Evans

These guys were all 4 stars also

Bully13
03-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Hey 34, you said you played against him? did you mean coached against him? just curious. and you didn't think he was that good?

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2018, 12:57 PM
He has some talent- but was suspended a few games last season for off the field issues. His family life isnt real good and that bleeds into some of his decisions.

Pat Patterson
Nick Brassell
Tobias Manning
Kailo Moore
Montrell Conner
Michael Carr
Quay Evans

Brassell, Michael Carr, and Quay Evans all had NFL type talent if they didn't let off the field issues derail them. That is one thing that Mullen seemed pretty good at was getting the guys who had their head on straight. We had a couple occasionally but for the most part our guys work hard and maximize their talent.

Jarius
03-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Shay Hodge is his “mentor”.

msstate7
03-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Lol, it over then...

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2018, 01:23 PM

He was working with Shay when he committed to MSU though.

confucius say
03-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Lot of misinformation in this thread.

He visited before committing.
Shay is not his mentor.
He does not live with OM people. He did live with a huge usm fan. But he moved back home

ababyatemydingo
03-05-2018, 01:33 PM

I know you like to keep up a persona of "i know all the shit behind the scenes", but you don't know all you think you know on this one. Moorhead isn't recruiting him . He will be a non-qualifier. Moorhead is recruiting completely different from Mullen, and that's a good thing. Mullen offered him for optics only. Yeah, the same shit OM does to make their early class look better. it's been known for a long time that there are some academic challenges that won't be overcome.

confucius say
03-05-2018, 01:52 PM
We are still recruiting him. But yes he will have to go juco. Still prob worth a sign and place.

FYI, he was full on state until he moved back home before spring semester, which is also when the decommit and OM stuff started.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-05-2018, 01:56 PM
I know you like to keep up a persona of "i know all the shit behind the scenes", but you don't know all you think you know on this one. Moorhead isn't recruiting him . He will be a non-qualifier. Moorhead is recruiting completely different from Mullen, and that's a good thing. Mullen offered him for optics only. Yeah, the same shit OM does to make their early class look better. it's been known for a long time that there are some academic challenges that won't be overcome.

Thanks

Bully13
03-05-2018, 03:18 PM
What ever happened to Quay Evans regarding that murder? was he ever convicted? amazing how once he transferred to West GA, he never played a down for them. what a waste.

Spiderman
03-05-2018, 06:35 PM
What ever happened to Quay Evans regarding that murder? was he ever convicted? amazing how once he transferred to West GA, he never played a down for them. what a waste.

In Scott Co jail. Awaiting trial

Coach34
03-05-2018, 07:03 PM
He gone

Bully13
03-05-2018, 07:06 PM
In Scott Co jail. Awaiting trial

I'm pretty sure I visited someone in Scott CO jail back in the 90's. middle of summer with no A.C. it was one 17'd up joint.

confucius say
03-05-2018, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I visited someone in Scott CO jail back in the 90's. middle of summer with no A.C. it was one 17'd up joint.

Haha. Glad we made an impression.

preachermatt83
03-05-2018, 10:47 PM

Pat Patterson
Nick Brassell
Tobias Manning
Kailo Moore
Montrell Conner
Michael Carr
Quay Evans

This is the post of the thread. Diwun fits in perfectly with this list. He is an amazing talent but has serious issues.

Bdawg
03-05-2018, 11:54 PM
This was in my line of thinking. With this new hard 25, why waste a scholly spot on a guy who want make it. I thought I’ve heard someone say Joe wasn’t going to waste his time with people who can’t make it. Just make sense to me. Can’t afford to be wasting roster spots with sign and place now a days.

msbulldog
03-06-2018, 07:06 AM
We are still recruiting him. But yes he will have to go juco. Still prob worth a sign and place.

FYI, he was full on state until he moved back home before spring semester, which is also when the decommit and OM stuff started.

Confucious, it isn't like the old days of sign and place, now under the new rule if we sign and place a guy we lose that scholarship on some one we won't see for 2 years if ever.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-06-2018, 07:36 AM
I have a feeling this year our strategy this year will be
1. Pass on anyone close to not qualifying...
2. Wider net, larger recruiting base....
3. Push for as many of the 25 to sign on early signing day... If they don't sign, they are not committed..

Jarius
03-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Lot of misinformation in this thread.

He visited before committing.
Shay is not his mentor.
He does not live with OM people. He did live with a huge usm fan. But he moved back home

You are very much misinformed. Shay is a very big part of his life and is pushing him to Ole Miss.

confucius say
03-06-2018, 10:33 AM
You are very much misinformed. Shay is a very big part of his life and is pushing him to Ole Miss.

I didn?t say he was not part of his life, even a big part. I know both of them somewhat and know the family he was living with very well. I would not describe shay as his mentor, but perhaps we define the word mentor differently.

Also, he did visit campus prior to committing and the family he was living with are not big OM people at all and we?re happy he was planning on going to state.

confucius say
03-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Confucious, it isn't like the old days of sign and place, now under the new rule if we sign and place a guy we lose that scholarship on some one we won't see for 2 years if ever.

True. Prob no more sign and place.

msstate7
03-06-2018, 10:50 AM

We signed and placed Patterson last season, right?

ababyatemydingo
03-06-2018, 11:12 AM
totally different academic situations.

msstate7
03-06-2018, 11:18 AM
totally different academic situations.

They were saying sign and place is done with, not just in this case. I just pointed out we just did it.

ETA... with like 30 seniors or whatever, I certainly do not want to sign and place anyone this cycle

confucius say
03-06-2018, 11:38 AM
They were saying sign and place is done with, not just in this case. I just pointed out we just did it.

ETA... with like 30 seniors or whatever, I certainly do not want to sign and place anyone this cycle

But Patterson?s sign and place was before the hard 25 starts next cycle, right?

msstate7
03-06-2018, 11:43 AM
But Patterson?s sign and place was before the hard 25 starts next cycle, right?

You are probably right. We signed 23 though, so we probably would have did it anyway