PDA

View Full Version : Starter at QB

Dallas_Dawg
10-05-2013, 01:37 AM
There's not a thread on the first page about the QB starter tomorrow (tonight).
Half my friends think Russell is, and half think that Mullen is playing mind games.
Predictions from the Elite?

sbcmortgageman
10-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Russell

HIGHDOG
10-05-2013, 06:25 AM
prob russell - to accomodate mullen's "death-wish"...tom

bocfarm
10-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Dak is starting the game

Will James
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Predicted minutes after the Troy game it'd be TR based on Dans quote. Sticking with that prediction.

thunderclap
10-05-2013, 08:33 AM
I'd like to surprised and see Dak but don't expect Dan to do anything but the safe thing.

Coach34
10-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I seriously think Dak may start based on Mullen being so quick to announce Russell

The caveat is Dakota's Momma and how that situation is playing out

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Dak. But expect a very conservative offensive game plan.

CadaverDawg
10-05-2013, 09:45 AM
prob russell - to accomodate mullen's "death-wish"...tom

Just curious, but why do you put "....Tom" after every post? Is that your signature or something? Just wondering

SnakePlissken
10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Word I got last night is that Dak is starting.

scottycameron
10-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Dak starts, both play. Hot hand get's the majority of snaps.

Coach34
10-05-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm all for Russell playing some and changing the tempo- he certainly deserves that

HIGHDOG
10-05-2013, 10:36 AM
cad - it's just my name, tom worthington - cl of '50...not an ego trip...nothing meant by it...my very best to you, tom

Coach34
10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
cad - it's just my name, tom worthington - cl of '50...not an ego trip...nothing meant by it...my very best to you, tom

Class of '50??? You graduated with Dawgbreeze then

CadaverDawg
10-05-2013, 10:39 AM

No worries, I didnt think it was an ego trip, just wondering if it stood for something or if it was just your name.

Dawg61
10-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Class of '50??? You graduated with Dawgbreeze then

Ha

HIGHDOG
10-05-2013, 12:25 PM
yeah, stephen d. lee was president...grad in the upper 1/3 of the lower 1/3 of my ce class...i was a professional ditch-digger (utilities contractor), fulfilling my father's prediction...GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU BOYS!!...TOM

gravedigger
10-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I believe that it will be Dak, but that is just an opinion. I have no factual reason for it other than I just think Dan knows he cannot lose this game with the perception that the playing time for Russell caused the loss. He knows that would be a wound he would struggle to heal from if he ever did. Of course he can still start Dak and lose the game because of Tylers playing time, and that would be bad too. But IF Dak can get us a lead, then bring in Tyler and give him a shot, Dan would win either way as long as Tyler came in early, say the 2nd or 3rd series.

Heck, I don't have a major problem with trying to see what Tyler can do. But everyone knows the most effective plays are those where the qb isn't a stagnant target. Our team needs this win to change the attitude toward games like USC A&M and OM. Lose big and we are on a slide that will be tough to stop. With the BG game and UK game left, we should have 4 wins set. But the other 2 would have to come from USC, ARK, OM. Unless we win this one of course. I just don't think we can contain A&M or Bama.

Today is big. Someone close to the team told me it was a good week of practice but the perception is we have to play a near perfect game to pull out the win and I think that is a good attitude for the team to have. What I think they meant by perfect is no turnovers in our own territory and scoring when given the chance on field goals. Also pinning them back with good punts and punt coverage. I think we win if it turns out to be a lower scoring game than the experts predict.

My worry with LSU every year is kick and punt returns. They seem to have a knack against us for busting the big return. We cant allow that.

Coach34
10-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Glad to have you here Tom...keep on keepin on

hacker
10-05-2013, 02:08 PM
I think we're going to see Tyler with a scripted drive and try to carve up the secondary. I believe we'll use Dak about 50-60% of snaps.

ckDOG
10-05-2013, 03:21 PM
There's not a thread on the first page about the QB starter tomorrow (tonight).
Half my friends think Russell is, and half think that Mullen is playing mind games.
Predictions from the Elite?

My intel says it is TR and some of your players aren't thrilled. Let's hope TR does better than expected or he has a very short leash.