PDA

View Full Version : Gabby Williams

DawgRockur
03-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Looks like she may have just tore her ACL

Quaoarsking
03-04-2018, 08:25 PM
The talking heads think South Carolina will be the #2 in UConn's bracket. Maybe we'll see them again in the championship game.

msstate7
03-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Wow, that really sucks for her and UConn. Our chances of a natty went up exponentially if true.

parabrave
03-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Better in theirs than MSUs

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Stars are aligning

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 08:33 PM
The talking heads think South Carolina will be the #2 in UConn's bracket. Maybe we'll see them again in the championship game.

We'll beat USC if we face them again. Tierra getting 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes was a death blow today and everyone shot like crap.

BeardoMSU
03-04-2018, 08:37 PM
Stars are aligning

yep.

BeardoMSU
03-04-2018, 08:38 PM
We'll beat USC if we face them again.

I said that last year for try #2, and definitely for try #3, lol....but I agree this time. Hopefully we won't get SEC refs if we meet them again.

RocketDawg
03-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Wow, that really sucks for her and UConn. Our chances of a natty went up exponentially if true.

Maybe, but I'll be pulling for UConn if they meet in the semifinals or wherever.

bostondawg
03-04-2018, 08:43 PM
https://snag.gy/QJl07L.jpg

msstate7
03-04-2018, 08:43 PM
I said that last year for try #2, and definitely for try #3, lol....but I agree this time. Hopefully we won't get SEC refs if we meet them again.
I do not want any part of South Carolina

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 08:55 PM
I do not want any part of South Carolina

Rather have every part of South Carolina than one pinky of UConn

Coach34
03-04-2018, 09:19 PM
South Carolina beats us if we play them again. We cant handle their physical play. DO NOT WANT

Pit Bull
03-04-2018, 09:36 PM
We have poor matchups with SC, but we do with UCONN too. Either one will be trouble if McCowan has early foul issues. Bibby needs to start playing like a wild banchee!! She has the tools to do it and runs the court like UCONN players. She blocks out well too. We need her to come on quickly......big time!!

klong-dog
03-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Kinda hard when she's not getting to play.

tcdog70
03-04-2018, 10:17 PM
South Carolina beats us if we play them again. We cant handle their physical play. DO NOT WANT

I think if Vic would put in a zone and play Bibby instead of Blair. Don't just let them drive to the rack anytime they want. We are too small to man up on SC The Whole game. We need big T for our offense to work. She can't sit on the bench for half the game. WTF is wrong with playing a zone when you have to.

dawgday166
03-04-2018, 10:19 PM
We shot poorly today and T got in foul trouble. 1st game I think T was careful and stayed out of foul trouble in 1st half, and Aja got 20 + a bunch of boards. 2nd half she only got 5 points and not many boards either. T was more aggressive in 2nd half.

Not saying SC ain't tough, but we're looking very sluggish. We had open looks we normally hit. Either gals were too hyped up/uptight or their legs are weary ... they weren't following through on their shots today. They were chunking it, not shooting it.

Yesterday we looked slow too, we're just much better than TAM. Vic said in post game that Mo got tired. I love Vic, but I'm wondering if he's still practicing them hard, like he did before NC game last year. He may be like Dan Reeves. Gals need rest in the tourney. Do walk-throughs and let them have rest. They need as fresh legs as possible for each game, otherwise can't sustain the intensity.

Or maybe it could be the pressure of being undefeated too. That will wear on you some.

ETA: We played extremely poor, and only lost by 11. Last few minutes cranked pressure up, got some steals, and missed layups. If gals have fresh legs, relax, and play ball, we can hang with SC. UConn most likely is another story tho.

msstate7
03-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Saw this stat on 247... we are 66-6 the past 2 seasons with 4 of those losses to South Carolina. It is no fluke we lose to them... terrible matchup

Bothrops
03-05-2018, 12:01 AM
We looked tired yesterday, so we were vulnerable and poised to lose. That said, SC would likely beat us again.

Dawg61
03-05-2018, 12:11 AM
We shot poorly today and T got in foul trouble. 1st game I think T was careful and stayed out of foul trouble in 1st half, and Aja got 20 + a bunch of boards. 2nd half she only got 5 points and not many boards either. T was more aggressive in 2nd half.

Not saying SC ain't tough, but we're looking very sluggish. We had open looks we normally hit. Either gals were too hyped up/uptight or their legs are weary ... they weren't following through on their shots today. They were chunking it, not shooting it.

Yesterday we looked slow too, we're just much better than TAM. Vic said in post game that Mo got tired. I love Vic, but I'm wondering if he's still practicing them hard, like he did before NC game last year. He may be like Dan Reeves. Gals need rest in the tourney. Do walk-throughs and let them have rest. They need as fresh legs as possible for each game, otherwise can't sustain the intensity.

Or maybe it could be the pressure of being undefeated too. That will wear on you some.

ETA: We played extremely poor, and only lost by 11. Last few minutes cranked pressure up, got some steals, and missed layups. If gals have fresh legs, relax, and play ball, we can hang with SC. UConn most likely is another story tho.

Good post, have some rep. We had tired legs and T got in foul trouble way too early. It's really that simple. Staley was smart to bring in Aja as soon as T went out the game. She was fresh even though they say she's battling vertigo. I think there's some gamesmanship going on about the vertigo stuff. Not saying it's totally bullshit but I think Dawn is smart enough to realize USC can't really help their spot at this point so she's selectively resting Aja for the tourney run. Hopefully we can rest our girls too before the sweet 16/elite 8 hits. Vic has to go light on the practices in between the two game weekends from here on. He is the one we need to learn from mistakes the most. Hopefully today's game doesn't drop us from the #2 overall seed. We need to be on opposite sides of the bracket from UConn and USC although I am not scared or worried about USC. We won't lose to them again this year. Bookmark me.

dawgday166
03-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Good post, have some rep. We had tired legs and T got in foul trouble way too early. It's really that simple. Staley was smart to bring in Aja as soon as T went out the game. She was fresh even though they say she's battling vertigo. I think there's some gamesmanship going on about the vertigo stuff. Not saying it's totally bullshit but I think Dawn is smart enough to realize USC can't really help their spot at this point so she's selectively resting Aja for the tourney run. Hopefully we can rest our girls too before the sweet 16/elite 8 hits. Vic has to go light on the practices in between the two game weekends from here on. He is the one we need to learn from mistakes the most. Hopefully today's game doesn't drop us from the #2 overall seed. We need to be on opposite sides of the bracket from UConn and USC although I am not scared or worried about USC. We won't lose to them again this year. Bookmark me.

We were sluggish on both ends of floor. Tired legs hurt you when blocking out too, which we weren't doing well yesterday either. With tired legs you pick up cheap fouls cause you ain't moving your feet. Movement was sluggish on offense too.

If we have fresh legs and bring the energy, we'll do to SC something similar to what UConn did but not as bad maybe. See last quarter of our win at home against SC. SC was intimidated by UConn, so that one got way out there in score. But we'll press SC whole game and run them to death too if our legs are fresh. Gotta have fresh legs to do that tho.

If we have fresh legs and play with the kind of energy we can play with, there's no one other than UConn that I think will beat us. UConn can do the same thing back at us. Gotta have the energy tho. Baylor is one I've watched that I thought would be tough matchup too, but I think we run them into the ground too if we have the energy. Gotta bring it for at least 2.5 to 3 quarters of whole game tho. Yesterday, every time we tried to bring that energy, we kinda fizzled like we couldn't sustain it. We'd make a little spurt of a run then fizzle.

I'm just hoping it's the undefeated tag that was wearing on them some yesterday, and not that Vic is still working them like it's the preseason. Last year when we went on a little losing streak and Vic sat the starters, I kinda wonder if that didn't give them some rest and they were more fresh for both tourneys.

Some coaches are driven and believe in out working everyone else, which works to a point. But when your team plays like this one does and is somewhat of a well-oiled machine with an internal drive within them, you don't need to work them to death at end of season. They're already in shape now. Save their legs, teach them using walk-throughs, emphasize things like staying out of early foul trouble, and let them go wear some team's ass out with relentless, unyielding pressure.

Norman Dale in Hoosiers at the end.

basedog
03-05-2018, 08:16 AM

+1

You nailed it, I thought pretty much the same as you. We don't match up in size, we were slow, tight, we kept wanting to play outside inside of attacking. No doubt Vic works the hell out of his girls, it shows and in saying that it's time to pull the reins back, give them a day or two off and get away from basketball.
My last year in High School Coaching I had a team that was favored to win State, we got beat early mainly because my team was overworked. We played tired and slow, watching Msu yesterday was a flash back for me, I saw the same thing and watching/listening to Vic sounded familiar.

We should and can bounce back, but rest and practice smart is important now. Any team can be beat in tourney play.

dawgday166
03-05-2018, 08:37 AM
+1

You nailed it, I thought pretty much the same as you. We don't match up in size, we were slow, tight, we kept wanting to play outside inside of attacking. No doubt Vic works the hell out of his girls, it shows and in saying that it's time to pull the reins back, give them a day or two off and get away from basketball.
My last year in High School Coaching I had a team that was favored to win State, we got beat early mainly because my team was overworked. We played tired and slow, watching Msu yesterday was a flash back for me, I saw the same thing and watching/listening to Vic sounded familiar.

We should and can bounce back, but rest and practice smart is important now. Any team can be beat in tourney play.

We may not match up in size, but we'll kill them with speed and pressure if the legs aren't tired. Our subs played some pressure D yesterday and did pretty well actually. I think Vic should sub a little more, at least against SC.

I'm sure hoping Vic doesn't overwork them rest of the way. My fear with Vic is he may work them harder since they were sluggish and played tired yesterday.

This team should be playing UConn in finals, but I'm afeared we gonna be tripped up by some team we're better than, simply because we're overworked.

basedog
03-05-2018, 09:08 AM
We may not match up in size, but we'll kill them with speed and pressure if the legs aren't tired. Our subs played some pressure D yesterday and did pretty well actually. I think Vic should sub a little more, at least against SC.

I'm sure hoping Vic doesn't overwork them rest of the way. My fear with Vic is he may work them harder since they were sluggish and played tired yesterday.

This team should be playing UConn in finals, but I'm afeared we gonna be tripped up by some team we're better than, simply because we're overworked.

As good as Vic is as a coach, I also wonder about his practices late in the season. Rest is important cause no easy games from here on out, when you have tired legs it effects your shooting.

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2018, 09:08 AM

We beat them once, we can do it again. Come on man.

klong-dog
03-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Agree. We played as bad as you possibly can. Blair was off, RoJo was off, big T was a non factor mainly because of fouls. No way we shoot that bad again and miss that many layups.

dawgday166
03-05-2018, 09:48 AM
As good as Vic is as a coach, I also wonder about his practices late in the season. Rest is important cause no easy games from here on out, when you have tired legs it effects your shooting.

Vic is a great coach and I love the guy, but I will admit I'm somewhat concerned. UConn only team I think can run, play D, and shoot with us if we're fresh. They have the length to go with it, their extremely well-coached, and can handle and shoot the basketball 1 thru 5. SC doesn't have all of that.

I think if we're rested, we can give them a go, but it won't be easy. Their overall length + speed + ball handling & shooting make it very tough. I also think if we're rested, we should beat anyone else. I am concerned tho that we won't get enough rest and will be tripped up earlier in tourney.

shannondawg
03-05-2018, 09:51 AM
I think its a testament to the girls and coaches that they only got beat by 11 points. They missed many clean shots that they usually make.

the59dawg
03-05-2018, 11:41 AM
We'll beat USC if we face them again. Tierra getting 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes was a death blow today and everyone shot like crap.

Tierra was just Tierra, slow moving, slow walking, layup missing Tierra. T disappears when playing someone big and near her size. Think #00 for A&M, as well as Aja. They both owned her. T spent most all Q2 on bench against A&M and all but 3 min of the first half on bench against SC. Yet we need her because don't have anyone else