PDA

View Full Version : 22 and 21 point losses to end regular season

msstate7
03-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Way to finish strong, you bunch of quitters

Bully13
03-03-2018, 03:05 PM
I wish I knew what the 17 happened to this team to do what they did the last 2 games. 17ing amazing. I don't get it. hopefully somebody knows that can splain it.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2018, 03:11 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OpulentBigheartedJoey-size_restricted.gif

99jc
03-03-2018, 03:13 PM
I wish I knew what the 17 happened to this team to do what they did the last 2 games. 17ing amazing. I don't get it. hopefully somebody knows that can splain it.

learning to shoot a basketball.

msstate7
03-03-2018, 03:14 PM
I never agree with you, but props for bringing that up. Remember that thread here... 5 NBA guys? Lol

whosyourdawgy
03-03-2018, 03:15 PM
UT just man handled us. Today is unexplainable tho. Not one player on our team had a good day. In fact, ALL had subpar games. Too much pressure? Makes no sense. How do we play that shitty on a day when we should be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. Just an embarrassing performance.

Bothrops
03-03-2018, 03:15 PM
The Tennessee loss was not only demoralizing. They made our players feel feminine after it. Today's game is a result of that sex change.

was21
03-03-2018, 03:18 PM
The Tennessee loss was not only demoralizing. They made our players feel feminine after it. Today's game is a result of that sex change.

I lol'ed

Dawgface
03-03-2018, 03:35 PM
We suck...that's all there is to it. Probably lose 1st round of NIT.

hdc
03-03-2018, 03:42 PM
I think we need to send the Ms. Dept. of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks to Starkville to test the men's basketball team. They appear to have all contracted Chronic Wasting Disease!

Leeshouldveflanked
03-03-2018, 03:46 PM
We ran out of gas... we are just not a tough team.

Bully13
03-03-2018, 03:51 PM

LOL

2shortbabyimsohard...
03-03-2018, 04:20 PM
I just hope people can now see that we dont have NBA players on the team. Do we have guys with NBA potential?...yes but not consistent enough talent. I will use me as an example, in the 7th grade I had a game where I made 8 3 point shots and beat a very solid team by myself basically but people started to damn near worship me (one coach told me I was the best shooter in the state) and I realized then that I had potential and quit working. The rest of my career was very hit and miss. Thats what this team reminds me of, Holman said it the other day in an interview. He basically said that they have recently started to get more shots in without coach telling them to. Isnt that what the hell youre supposed to do anyway? Especially if you think you have NBA potential, you either want it or you dont...Also our guys look like they do p90x and the other teams look like they actually have a real trainer and nutrition program. Sorry for the rant and comparing them to myself but I just havent bought into this team even when we got hot down the stretch and its because they just reminded me of well, myself and my wasted basketball potential

Lord McBuckethead
03-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Well it answered a lot of my questions about this team. The season wasn't lost during these two games, but the early season Auburn and UM games combo with MO and Vandy really was the problem. That is 4 losses that hurt more than the last two.

Hope the guys can use this as a defining moment that will lead to more effort in the off season.

MarketingBully
03-03-2018, 04:22 PM
I just hope people can now see that we dont have NBA players on the team. Do we have guys with NBA potential?...yes but not consistent enough talent. I will use me as an example, in the 7th grade I had a game where I made 8 3 point shots and beat a very solid team by myself basically but people started to damn near worship me (one coach told me I was the best shooter in the state) and I realized then that I had potential and quit working. The rest of my career was very hit and miss. Thats what this team reminds me of, Holman said it the other day in an interview. He basically said that they have recently started to get more shots in without coach telling them to. Isnt that what the hell youre supposed to do anyway? Especially if you think you have NBA potential, you either want it or you dont...Also our guys look like they do p90x and the other teams look like they actually have a real trainer and nutrition program. Sorry for the rant and comparing them to myself but I just havent bought into this team even when we got hot down the stretch and its because they just reminded me of well, myself and my wasted basketball potential

Just shut up. We have three players on this team that will play in the NBA. Peters, Nick W, and Ado. Did we play worth a shit today? Nope. But those three players along with Perry next year will be in tha NBA.

yjnkdawg
03-03-2018, 04:24 PM

I don't know if they are actually quitters? I don't think we have good ball movement most of the time, to set up an open shot, and there is too much trying to go one on one. We seem to let the shot clock almost expire before we shoot, or set up a play sometimes, or else shoot too early, and not set up a play. I think we also take too many contested 3's instead of settling for a higher percentage 2 point shot sometimes, or driving to the bucket. We don't have a 3 point bomber like Kassius Robertson of MO, for an example. Sometimes we look like a deer in the headlight on defense, and give up some easy buckets. IMO

msstate7
03-03-2018, 04:27 PM
I don't know if they are actually quitters? I don't think we have good ball movement most of the time, to set up an open shot, and there is too much trying to go one on one. We seem to let the shot clock almost expire before we shoot sometimes, or else shoot too early, and not set up a play. I think we also take too many contested 3's instead of settling for a higher percentage 2 point shot sometimes, or driving to the bucket. We don't have a 3 point bomber like Kassius Robertson of MO, for an example. Sometimes we look like a deer in the headlight on defense sometimes, and give up some easy buckets

I did not get hot till I listened to radio. Richard said way much standing around, not playing hard, etc. Williams was not impressed with our effort today at all

MarketingBully
03-03-2018, 04:32 PM
I did not get hot till I listened to radio. Richard said way much standing around, not playing hard, etc. Williams was not impressed with our effort today at all

No shit. We aren’t that bad. We didn’t play at all today.

yjnkdawg
03-03-2018, 04:37 PM

I didn't listen to the MSU radio broadcast. But if that is the case, then I don't know why Howland doesn't put that particular player on the bench and let them participate from the bench perspective. There still seems to maybe be some team chemistry issues, but I'm not sure what they are.

MarketingBully
03-03-2018, 04:41 PM
I didn't listen to the MSU radio broadcast. But if that is the case, then I don't know why Howland doesn't put that particular player on the bench and let them participate from the bench perspective. There still seems to maybe be some team chemistry issues, but I'm not sure what they are.

Because we have to play players like Q, Holman, and Stapleton. Our bench forces us to. Next year if those three pull that shit Perry and Woodard will gladly eat up their minutes.

Bulldog1
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Because we have to play players like Q, Holman, and Stapleton. Our bench forces us to. Next year if those three pull that shit Perry and Woodard will gladly eat up their minutes.

Will DJ Stewart play next year or will he redshirt?

TXDawg
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I said it after the Tenn game and got blasted. We played these last two games the EXACT same way we played every other game this season. The reality is, we have no offense. If we don’t score in transition, we are lost and have to settle for either an isolation, one-on-one “play”, or a contested, step-back 3.

The key to beating us is to simply stop our transition game and force us to run a half-court offense.

Ari Gold
03-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Will DJ Stewart play next year or will he redshirt?

Redshirt

Ari Gold
03-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Quitters? Has to be top 5 stupidest of ur more than 39k post..

RezDog7
03-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Is there another hot blonde recruiting coordinator running around the athletics department?

msstate7
03-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Quitters? Has to be top 5 stupidest of ur more than 39k post..

You right. Richard Williams not as smart as you when it comes to determining effort on the basketball court. You right... we were awesome today, and came up just short.

Ari Gold
03-03-2018, 06:06 PM
You right. Richard Williams not as smart as you when it comes to determining effort on the basketball court. You right... we were awesome today, and came up just short.

There’s a huge difference in looking Sloppy and playing with lack of effort at times and a sense of urgency.
Too saying quitters.
I’m sure RW called them quitters.

The effort today sucked no doubt. That should have been ur post.

msstate7
03-03-2018, 06:10 PM
There’s a huge difference in looking Sloppy and playing with lack of effort at times and a sense of urgency.
Too saying quitters.
I’m sure RW called them quitters.

The effort today sucked no doubt. That should have been ur post.

Good point. I equate non-effort and quitting as the same, which I suppose is not always the case.

MarketingBully
03-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Good point. I equate non-effort and quitting as the same, which I suppose is not always the case.

It’s not. It could also be that our team is beat to shit from playing South Carolina and Tennessee in back to back games so luckily we get to rest up and won’t play until Thursday. Hopefully we get some rest and come out with a renewed sense of urgency on Thursday.

TUSK
03-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Bammer Basketball says: "Hold my fawty, and watch this."

msstate7
03-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Bammer Basketball says: "Hold my fawty, and watch this."

Football season

Bully13
03-03-2018, 07:05 PM
It’s not. It could also be that our team is beat to shit from playing South Carolina and Tennessee in back to back games so luckily we get to rest up and won’t play until Thursday. Hopefully we get some rest and come out with a renewed sense of urgency on Thursday.

How any MSU fan could have any confidence in how this ends this year is a head scratcher to me. yea, I know we are young and expectations pre-season were not high and we looked like shit for quit a while. but then we got hot for a stretch and it got us all excited. like another poster so humorously pointed out, TN gave us a sex change operation. We are still waking around without our penises. I'm expecting a 1 and done based on the last 2 games.

having said that , to say we can't come back next year and be dominant is overly negative and has no logic.

MarketingBully
03-03-2018, 07:42 PM
How any MSU fan could have any confidence in how this ends this year is a head scratcher to me. yea, I know we are young and expectations pre-season were not high and we looked like shit for quit a while. but then we got hot for a stretch and it got us all excited. like another poster so humorously pointed out, TN gave us a sex change operation. We are still waking around without our penises. I'm expecting a 1 and done based on the last 2 games.

having said that , to say we can't come back next year and be dominant is overly negative and has no logic.

It’s gut check time and time to actually I don’t know follow the gameplan and do what our coach says. Peters was quoted after the game since the latest winning streak they haven’t prepared the same way and haven’t been as hungry and taken things for granted. It’s leadership and maturity as a team that has ****ed us. Howland knows what he’s doing. He had a great gameplan against LSU we just for whatever reason didn’t follow it. We don’t block out. We were slow to switches on defense which left Epps and Reith wide open from the perimeter. On offense, we did a poor job moving without the ball and had terrible entry passes. That’s on players executing. It’s on our players to fix this shit too.

Lord McBuckethead
03-03-2018, 11:49 PM
I said it after the Tenn game and got blasted. We played these last two games the EXACT same way we played every other game this season. The reality is, we have no offense. If we don’t score in transition, we are lost and have to settle for either an isolation, one-on-one “play”, or a contested, step-back 3.

The key to beating us is to simply stop our transition game and force us to run a half-court offense.

With a zone defense. Done.

Bulldog1
03-03-2018, 11:54 PM
I just saw where they're keeping the same teams in the big 12/ SEC challenge next year, so we won't be in it. Is that true? Why would they do that?

Coach34
03-04-2018, 12:21 AM
I just saw where they're keeping the same teams in the big 12/ SEC challenge next year, so we won't be in it. Is that true? Why would they do that?

saw that where? The agreement was the top 10 of each conference would play

Dawg61
03-04-2018, 12:30 AM

Based off standings today I'm guessing we play Ok State in challenge next year

DawgInMemphis
03-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Just shut up. We have three players on this team that will play in the NBA. Peters, Nick W, and Ado. Did we play worth a shit today? Nope. But those three players along with Perry next year will be in tha NBA.

To play in the NBA you have to have world class talent. Not saying you're wrong, but I'd bet against that all day. Peters and Nick don't shoot it well enough. If you're a guard, even a PG, that doesn't shoot well you have to be elite at something else. Both of those guys are very good ball handlers and above average defenders, but not elite. Ado I think has a good chance because of his combo of size and athleticism but he's still learning the game basics.

I hope you're right, but teams with 3 NBA players don't typically miss the NCAA tourney.

Bulldog1
03-04-2018, 08:27 AM

Somebody was over on the other board saying that. I think he was just crapping, though. I don't think they would do that.

Bulldog1
03-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Here's the link he posted- http://www.secsports.com/article/19455307/2018-big-12-sec-challenge-match-ups-set

"Each of the 10 SEC teams that participate in the 2018 Challenge will be a part of the 2019 event."