PDA

View Full Version : I still can't believe Auburn beat us.

cheewgumm
10-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Sickening.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Sickening.

I kind of feel the same about OSU.

cheewgumm
10-04-2013, 10:49 PM
No comment...

I kind of feel the same about OSU.

RougeDawg
10-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Auburn isn't a terrible team. Everybody wrote them off this year because of the shitstorm of a season they had last year. They are talented. Auburn actually played LSU just about as good as Georgia did if you look at the stats. Auburn just turned the ball over inside LSU territory too many times. Another layer to the comparison is that AUB/LSU was in Baton Rouge and LSU/UGA was in Athens. Auburn is a possible 8-9 win team this year, especially since Marshall has improved each week. He's no Cam, but then again he's no slouch either.

I was just about to start a thread on this as well. We had that mother ****er wrapped in Maroon and White and the prevent defense cut the ribbon.

dawg21
10-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Life goes on. I was a different person the next day...now I'm the same ole optimistic MSU fan. Jesus loves you. Miracles do happen.

Dawg61
10-04-2013, 10:57 PM
We had plenty of chances to win including getting 2 2nd half turnovers. Mullen's conservative coaching and Collins prevent D lost that game plain. and. simple. Mullen not letting off the gas vs Troy was promising though. Right now I'm worried about Dak and his mom not about how we shit the bed vs AU. That's been put to bed.

ckDOG
10-05-2013, 12:11 AM
It sucks. We really are at a mental crossroads. We have enough talent to compete and play at a high level. We just have to get over that mindset that we are MSU and that it's okay to lose. Nut up and ****ing win. It's contagious.

Dawg61
10-05-2013, 12:18 AM
It sucks. We really are at a mental crossroads. We have enough talent to compete and play at a high level. We just have to get over that mindset that we are MSU and that it's okay to lose. Nut up and ****ing win. It's contagious.

Completely agree. It starts and ends with our head coach though. Gone need to be the Croom days of playing not to lose. Dan needs to be made more aware that MSU fans are more than sick of this style of trying to beat traditionally stronger programs. Play fast and all out every play. Try to score 100. He did that vs Troy. First time I've seen him keep his foot on the gas till the end. Now will he remember tomorrow?

ckDOG
10-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Completely agree. It starts and ends with our head coach though. Gone need to be the Croom days of playing not to lose. Dan needs to be made more aware that MSU fans are more than sick of this style of trying to beat traditionally stronger programs. Play fast and all out every play. Try to score 100. He did that vs Troy. First time I've seen him keep his foot on the gas till the end. Now will he remember tomorrow?

Oh yeah. I'd rather take risks and lose by 30 than play it safe and lose by 10. Taking risks will at least give you a shot at knocking off a top 15 team. Dak + aggressive defense is our best chance at winning games we shouldn't. Let it ride bitches!

Dawg61
10-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Oh yeah. I'd rather take risks and lose by 30 than play it safe and lose by 10. Taking risks will at least give you a shot at knocking off a top 15 team. Dak + aggressive defense is our best chance at winning games we shouldn't. Let it ride bitches!

What's most frustrating to me is that Dan practices an aggressive style all year and then completely changes that mindset when facing a bigger school. Talk about mind17ing your own team. Whoever was the idiot that taught every coach to "kill the clock and limit possessions" needs to have his book thrown in the trash. Sooooo many coaches follow this script and they always lose. Only way you consistently win at that style is to have elite special teams and create lots of turnovers. To practice all year one way and then try a completely different approach on gameday is beyond stupid.

thunderclap
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
What's most frustrating to me is that Dan practices an aggressive style all year and then completely changes that mindset when facing a bigger school. Talk about mind17ing your own team. Whoever was the idiot that taught every coach to "kill the clock and limit possessions" needs to have his book thrown in the trash. Sooooo many coaches follow this script and they always lose. Only way you consistently win at that style is to have elite special teams and create lots of turnovers. To practice all year one way and then try a completely different approach on gameday is beyond stupid.

Couldn't have said it better.