PDA

View Full Version : JT Ginn

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Hit 97 on the radar gun tonight. On a 50 pitch limit allowed 1 hit and went 2-2 with a walk beating JPrep and Ealy 5-4. Every run they scored was after he left the game.

I dont know him well enough to say but if the reason he wants to go to State is to hit, we should tell the kid he is starting at SS whenever he isnt pitching.

He is the real deal

msstate7
03-02-2018, 09:47 PM
I do not see it happening

Bothrops
03-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Guys like this aren't making it to campus.

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2018, 09:51 PM
I do not see it happening

Me either but somebody on here was saying the other night he wants to hit, which he wont be doing in the MLB.

msstate7
03-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Me either but somebody on here was saying the other night he wants to hit, which he wont be doing in the MLB.

Does he want to hit to the point he turns down 7 figures to pay some tuition? I doubt it

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Does he want to hit to the point he turns down 7 figures to pay some tuition? I doubt it

He wont be paying a dime to come to State and if we make him we are our own worst enemy

Bulldog1
03-02-2018, 09:56 PM
I'd love to have this guy. But I'm not getting my hopes up

Steakonastick
03-02-2018, 11:01 PM
State has 3 things going in our favor.
1. He will be able to go pro after his sophomore year.
2 The kids loves to hit. Most mlb teams want him as a pitche
3. He grew up a state fan

Now If he gets drafted first few rounds I don’t see him coming. Hopefully team are worried about signability.

ShotgunDawg
03-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Most teams think JT is a reliever due to the effort in his delivery.

The track record of high school right handed pitchers with effort in their delivery is pretty terrible.

Some team may offer JT 900k - 1.2 mil but he could make much more than that by coming to school and proving he is a starter. It?s likely that most teams will have JT in the 600K-800k bucket.

What most people don?t realize is that their are about 60 HS right handed pitchers in the country that will touch 95 this year. Add those 60 with college players and other positions, and it gets really hard, really fast for a high school right handed pitcher to get paid a million dollars when also considering that high school right handed pitchers are BY FAR the riskiest profile in the draft. The 2nd riskiest is high school catchers followed by high school corner outfielders.

The most successful profiles are top college hitters, college lefties, Top has high school short stops, and top high school left handed pitching. Virtually all these guys that have a pulse play in the Major Leagues.

shoeless joe
03-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Most teams think JT is a reliever due to the effort in his delivery.

The track record of high school right handed pitchers with effort in their delivery is pretty terrible.

Some team may offer JT 900k - 1.2 mil but he could make much more than that by coming to school and proving he is a starter. It?s likely that most teams will have JT in the 600K-800k bucket.

What most people don?t realize is that their are about 60 HS right handed pitchers in the country that will touch 95 this year. Add those 60 with college players and other positions, and it gets really hard, really fast for a high school right handed pitcher to get paid a million dollars when also considering that high school right handed pitchers are BY FAR the riskiest profile in the draft. The 2nd riskiest is high school catchers followed by high school corner outfielders.

The most successful profiles are top college hitters, college lefties, Top has high school short stops, and top high school left handed pitching. Virtually all these guys that have a pulse play in the Major Leagues.

If the kid throws a legit 97 then he'll get paid

BuckyIsAB****
03-02-2018, 11:39 PM

He hit it tonight

Homedawg
03-03-2018, 01:09 AM
He wont be paying a dime to come to State and if we make him we are our own worst enemy

Actually unless he's a great student, and I have no idea, yeah he'll have to pay.(meanin athletic full) You can't give a full scholly on 11.7 I don't care who they are. A Tommy John later and you are screwed. Just can't.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Actually unless he's a great student, and I have no idea, yeah he'll have to pay.(meanin athletic full) You can't give a full scholly on 11.7 I don't care who they are. A Tommy John later and you are screwed. Just can't.

JT is a 4.0 student who already has several college credits.

AlSwearengen
03-03-2018, 09:20 AM
JT is a 4.0 student who already has several college credits.

This tells us a lot. We should have a chance.

03-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Glad he is on a 50 pitch limit. Guy with an arm like that needs to save it. I do not know how long he has been playing and if he has done all the travel ball and all that

ShotgunDawg
03-03-2018, 10:31 AM

Yes, of course. But how much he’ll get paid is the question

BuckyIsAB****
03-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Glad he is on a 50 pitch limit. Guy with an arm like that needs to save it. I do not know how long he has been playing and if he has done all the travel ball and all that

The Team USA pitching coach recommended he only throw 50 a game right now since he played all summer for them. He didnt throw much in the fall.

His pitch limit will go up as the season goes