PDA

View Full Version : Alabama folks ...

RocketDawg
03-01-2018, 01:44 PM
... keep saying "roll Todd" all the time. Who the heck is Todd??

louisvilledawg
03-01-2018, 03:23 PM

https://i.imgur.com/rrszIdJ.gif

TUSK
03-01-2018, 03:34 PM
It's "Tahd" but is phonetically spoken "Todd"...

It's origin is from Norse Mythology. Tahd was lesser know son of Odin, and while the most powerful (He was a 5 star god), He was much maligned for his arrogance and His lack of a formal education.

More indicting was His behavior, as it conflicted with recognized Norse protocol. While little was written regarding said Norse Law, it seems that production of methamphetamine wasn't likely condoned at the time.

For His transgressions, Tahd was banished to the netherworld of trailerhouses to live out his remaining years in shame.

RocketDawg
03-01-2018, 03:55 PM
It's "Tahd" but is phonetically spoken "Todd"...

It's origin is from Norse Mythology. Tahd was lesser know son of Odin, and while the most powerful (He was a 5 star god), He was much maligned for his arrogance and His lack of a formal education.

More indicting was His behavior, as it conflicted with recognized Norse protocol. While little was written regarding said Norse Law, it seems that production of methamphetamine wasn't likely condoned at the time.

For His transgressions, Tahd was banished to the netherworld of trailerhouses to live out his remaining years in shame.

I totally missed that when we learned about mythology. Of couse, we concentrated on Greek and Roman mythology and pretty much put Norse on the back burner. It's always interesting to learn something new ... I will from this point forward have different thoughts when I hear that phrase (which is about 200 times a day). BTW ... is it "roll" or "role"?

starkvegasdawg
03-01-2018, 03:57 PM
I totally missed that when we learned about mythology. Of couse, we concentrated on Greek and Roman mythology and pretty much put Norse on the back burner. It's always interesting to learn something new ... I will from this point forward have different thoughts when I hear that phrase (which is about 200 times a day). BTW ... is it "roll" or "role"?

Row Tahd.

Dallas_Dawg
03-01-2018, 05:59 PM
?Roll Todd? is also a reference by Widespread Panic fans about their former drummer, Todd Nance.
#themoreyouknow

MaroonFlounder
03-01-2018, 06:36 PM

TUSK
03-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Row Tahd.

"Row Tahd, Row", if ya nitpickin'...

I've managed to upgrade my home defenses due to some gov't liquidations....

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/527/medium/3680boat.jpg

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2018, 10:31 PM

I thought it was "Row Tide". I took that to mean they can't afford outboards to go fishin.

tireddawg
03-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Just noticed your sig. Does that make me famous?

TUSK
03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Just noticed your sig. Does that make me famous?

Infamous, I'd suspect.

Regardless, apropos...