PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we could host a NIT game .....

boonedawg
03-01-2018, 07:15 AM
...assuming that is where we end up? Opening round is March 13-14. Women's NCAA starts March 16.

Coach34
03-01-2018, 07:18 AM
100% if we miss the NCAA’s

msstate7
03-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Did the NCAA back down from the Mississippi and North Carolina cannot host an NCAA postseason game?

whosyourdawgy
03-01-2018, 07:49 AM
The NIT is not the NCAA so that won’t matter here

thf24
03-01-2018, 07:52 AM
The NIT is not the NCAA so that won’t matter here

It is, actually... the NCAA bought the NIT in 2005.

Quaoarsking
03-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Did the NCAA back down from the Mississippi and North Carolina cannot host an NCAA postseason game?

That has never applied to earned on-campus hostings like the NIT or NCAA Tournaments like baseball, softball, women's basketball, etc. It's for predetermined neutral sites like the men's basketball NCAA Tournament.

msstate7
03-01-2018, 08:00 AM
That has never applied to earned on-campus hostings like the NIT or NCAA Tournaments like baseball, softball, women's basketball, etc. It's for predetermined neutral sites like the men's basketball NCAA Tournament.

Good deal. Thanks

RocketDawg
03-01-2018, 08:34 AM

I think the women's ACC Tournament is being held in Greensboro right now. So the NCAA must not have that crazy rule any more.

Quaoarsking
03-01-2018, 08:51 AM
I think the women's ACC Tournament is being held in Greensboro right now. So the NCAA must not have that crazy rule any more.

The NCAA time never applied to conference tournaments, just NCAA events. For example, CUSA has held its baseball tournament in Mississippi recently, and the SEC held the softball tournament in Starkville just a couple years ago. It only applies to predetermined NCAA events.

Also, North Carolina repealed the law that led to the ban last year, so I would assume the ban is no longer in effect.